7.7

1. Mar 12, 2013
    The greatest musician/artist/entertainer and performer this world has ever known! "This is it" is so great that i cry almost every time i watch it because i realize that this amazing tour was canceled and The king Michael Jackson is not with us anymore. I don't think i should add something more, MJ is my biggest inspiration and for sure the best artist, everyone who liked his music should watch this movie without no doubt. Expand
  2. Feb 18, 2013
    I warched this film in cinema, so many people were dancing and singing Michael's songs, it was soo nice. And some part of this film made me cry and to feel sad,because we lost such a great and talented man.
  3. Jan 24, 2012
    This film is not a money grab, what it is, is the experience of the magical making of Michael Jackson's return to the stage, in what we can say through the footage, was going to be the greatest show on Earth (the title of one of his songs from his early solo albums in Motown).

Once you sit down and start watching the film, you realize that all those made up scandals that sold millions of
    papers and magazines and gave high ratings, don't really matter, those things don't reflect the musical genius that Jackson was.

This Is It is a compilation of the rehearsals that occurred in LA's Staples Center for the 02 Arena Concerts in London. What you'll see? Michael Jackson preparing His show, enjoying it, tuning it to perfection, to make sure he gave his fans the best, because, after three successful solo tours, what else could you have expected from him?

Even when he's not 100% there (energy wise), he performs with a passion that today's artists lack, such humbleness and joyfulness that keep you glued to the screen wondering what note he will hit, how well he would sing, or best of all, what dance move he'll perform.

In the end, we are left with a raw rehearsal, one that left a lot to be desired in terms of technical specs, such as lighting, pyrotechnics, 3D (yes, well done 3D with new intro segments for Smooth Criminal, They Don't Care About Us, Earth Song, and the finale, 'Air MJ'), but thankfully we get to see a master of performance, somebody that wanted to show the new generations why he was and will always be the King of Pop. His legend will continue and after you watch this, you'll wonder how his comeback would've played out. Great, we can assume.

[An] extraordinary documentary, nothing at all like what I was expecting to see. Here is not a sick and drugged man forcing himself through grueling rehearsals, but a spirit embodied by music. Michael Jackson was something else.
  2. He could dance brilliantly right up to the end, it’s clear.This Is It may be a court documentary, but as a heavily lawyered portrait of an artist, it’s still pretty compelling.
  3. What this strange yet strangely beguiling film does is capture one of pop culture's great entertainers in the feverish grips of pure creativity.