7.1

1. Jun 16, 2013
    What has happened to society!? Are male members really worth basing an entire movie on? I didn't find the humor in this at all and was really looking forward to a LOL movie. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    Are you people insane? If this is what you are willing to pay your hard earned money to see then why should anyone work at their craft. Possibly the most juvenile idiotic movie I have ever seen. Is this what Hollywood now calls entertainment. I have as good as sense of humor as the next person but this flick was awful. The people connected in making this should be ashamed.
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    Don't waste your time. I thought this must be funny after hearing such a positive review, 4.5 stars, by David Blaustein of ABC and WJR. There are a couple of laughs but that is about it. We walked out after about 40min. It may help if you are high before going. Totally over rated. I now know to ignore Blaustein. Rent a Cheech and Chong movie.
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    If you have seen "Your Highness" then you know what to expect in this movie =tons of Penis's on screen with alot of akward jokes about rape, etc. I really wanted to like this movie but its gross out humor and over the top acting was a bit too much to enjoy.
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    I keep hearing how people love this film and they claim that if you're a fan of the actors involved you'll love this, this is not the case. I'm a big fan of all these actors & instead of listing the films I liked them in, I'll just name the one I didn't like, "Your Highness". Automatically I couldn't wait to see this, I knew exactly what I was in for however the jokes were unfunny, the acting was bad and the story was flat. I can't help but hate this film & I really can't understand how anyone could like it. Massive disappointment especially considering these actors have been in films like Pinneapple Express, Superbad & Knocked Up which are all real comedies. This film is a joke and I mean that in a negative way. Expand
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    This has to be one of the most pointless movies I have ever seen. I enjoy stupid comedy like many others but the jokes seem forced and the bromance element was poorly done. I loved superbad and pineapple express but this lacked any real meaning. It went from one predictable scene to the next forcing one issue after another with lame fart jokes and fake buddy buddy crap. This was unwatchable
  7. Jun 25, 2013
    It has a few funny lines here and there, I suppose. Unfortunately, every joke that made me laugh during this was at Michael Cera, who is only actually in about 10 minutes of the film. It drags on FOREVER. The length between laugh out loud lines is sometimes unbearable. I will admit some of the visual effects were better than I thought they would be, although the shear lack of comedy just couldn't be made up for. From the reviews it looks like mostly people enjoyed it, although when I saw it the theater was almost silent the entire time, laughing only at a few moments. Only part that seemed to please everyone was the BSB cameo that say a lot about a movie, I'd say. I wanted to enjoy this movie, as the first 20 minutes is very funny, but me and my friend actually talked about leaving about 40 minutes in we decided to stick it out but this was a mistake. Expand
  8. Jun 17, 2013
    I loved Superbad which is why I went to The End. Huge mistake. What a horrid piece of junk, made by a bunch of guys who are not nearly as funny as they think they are by a long shot. I want my 2 hours back.
  9. Jun 16, 2013
    Born in the 70s, am I getting too old? This movie falls along the same line of all the over-the-top, how many can we offend, let's see if we can shock anybody, movies of the last decade. The Apatow school of comedy filmmaking.

Apparently the majority of the dialog was improvised, which I felt was very obvious. I don't mind raunchy humor, I just don't find it funny when it's just done
    for raunchy sake. I walked in expecting There's Something About Mary, Tropic Thunder, and Talladega Nights, and instead it felt more like Borat. It was like watching the Seth Rogan comedy hour live with no script.

I score it a 3, because it does have some laughable moments, especially when it involved the self deprecating jokes towards the narcissistic Hollywood lifestyle. But this movie just didn't click for me.

In our large, crowded theater, the room was clearly divided with half the room applauding, exclaiming "best movie ever" and the other half shaking their head, wondering why they didn't leave early.
  10. Jun 15, 2013
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
  11. Jul 8, 2013
    This was the worst movie I have seen in years. I was so looking forward to it too. Do not go! It was a total waste of time and money. The target audience must be 13-16 year old immature pimple faced boys who have never had a date and boys who smoke dope and love to hear about dick and penis jokes. This will be my last Seth Rogan movie ever. He has now taken over for Adam Sadler for making a the longest string of bad movies that nobody wants to see. Expand
  12. Jul 8, 2013
    One of the worst movies ever! It can be termed comedy is boring is the new funny. Senseless jokes and awful acting. Thankfully, it gets better at the end but the first quarter of the movie there was only one person laughing in the entire theatre. Just terrible!
  13. Jun 23, 2013
    In a simple conclusion, this film is a high budget youtube video distributed for mass consumption. The jokes are rather redundant after 30 minutes into the film. If you enjoyed Superbad or 40 Year Old Virgin, then this movie will disappoint. The characters do a wonderful job with their improvisation, and the cinematography is great. Outside of that, the film is a major let down.
  14. Jul 16, 2013
    This Is the End only holds your interest when this movie is at the beginning. There is a new genre of Hollywood film that seems to have been invented by Seth Rogen--I call it The Gross & the Vulgar (G&V). G&V films use a lot of sexual obscenity and are often obsessed with scatological references. Admittedly, there is not a single display of excrement in this G&V film. However, we see Michael Cera as a weird druggie who humiliates a woman after she performs fellatio in the bathroom at a wild party held by James Franco. Cera is supposed to be playing himself, but it's unclear whether he is in fact that stupid in real life. Franco plays himself as a spoiled rich kid who can afford the house of his fantasies and is the leader of the pack. All of Franco's friends including Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and others are successful actors who are playing themselves. When they poke fun at their own fame, wealth, and lifestyle, there is some measure of amusement, but this aspect of the film only holds for the first half hour or so. There is an amusing conversation about what it means to be on a gluten-free diet, as Baruchel and Rogen act dumber than they presumably are in real life: “Everything that's bad has gluten...calories have gluten.”

However, the movie soon deteriorates into a disaster film, but the disaster is being caused by God Himself who has decided to usher in the Day of Judgment. Los Angeles is now right in there with Sodom and Gomorrah, and given the party that was being held at Franco's house when the hell-fires broke loose, one can understand why the Lord finally got fed up with the human race. The Devil himself has taken over the city, and he is a giant demon with an equally giant phallus. Those who are pure and good are spared this scenario, for a blue light beams them up like a suction tube so that they can reside in a heavenly abode. Those left behind are sinners who have yet to redeem themselves, but they too can get beamed up at the last possible moment if they sacrifice themselves for the sake of love and kindness.

There are painful scenes in this movie--Franco and Danny McBride have an obscenely juvenile conversation about whose masturbatory practices and seminal output are more prodigious. At one point, as the clan holes up in Franco's mansion, which acts as a crucible for the ensemble as the populace burns to death outdoors, a stranger sticks his head through a hole in the door and begs the boys to take him in. The group debates the matter for too long, for the Devil sees the poor shlemiel with his head stuck in the door and decapitates him, so that the head rolls into Franco's house. The boys don't quite know what to do with the bloody body part, so naturally they end up kicking it around in an impromptu game of soccer ball before they decide that this behavior is insensitive, tasteless, and inappropriate. Given the nature of the entire film, this display of remorse is a little out of character.

Unfortunately, in the end, This Is the End, another G&V film from Seth Rogen, is simply asinine, half-witted, and puerile.
  15. Jun 21, 2013
    This was the worst film i have see in a long time. Most of the shock value type potty humor falls flat and gets boring fast. The are much better ways to inspire others to be honest and truthful to their feelings, than the fear of being raped by ugly demons of the Apocalypse. A crappy movie at best.
  16. Jun 23, 2013
    Not enough laughs. Not enough story. Review must be 150 characters long, Not enough laughs. Not enough story. Not enough laughs. Not enough story. Got it?
  17. Jun 26, 2013
    This is a witless steaming pile of dog poo. SAVE YOUR MONEY! The moronic sense of self-satisfaction that is displayed by the half-wits that compiled this garbage truly depresses me. A waste of money and time.
  18. Jun 27, 2013
    Before I start, I should write that I am a Seth Rogan fan and thoroughly enjoy his past work such as Knocked Up, Pineapple Express etc.. I had high expectations for this film after hearing Seth and Evan Goldberg interviewed on the Adam Carolla Podcast. I went to the film, sat patiently waiting to be entertained, ready to laugh and my face and inward demeanour rarely changed from a blank expression and inner calm throughout the whole showing. I did smile occasionally but did not at any time have a full laugh and I mean that sincerely. The persons behind and in frontof me also showed no emotion whatsoever throughout the film although I did hear an occasional laugh in the audience in another part of the theatre. I found the film almost painful to sit through. However, a black comedy is usually more clever and inciteful on society and relationships than a regular comedy. I found the film neither clever or inciteful and certainly not entertaining. I will not give up on Seth though as he has shown a comic flair in his writing in the past and hope the future holds more Knocked Up-type humour. Expand
  19. Jul 15, 2013
    'This Is the End' I was hoping 5 minutes into this hunk of junk. Jason Segal got out of there early, although he was still in it so he's now out. Stick to the f**king muppets man, they have way more character than these lame pricks.
  20. Jul 11, 2013
    Worst movie ever! It was embarrassing to watch or to hear! It was a horror movie for me, way to dirty, gross, boring! The trailer is a lie, doesn't honor what it promises. I mean really! All you see is a bunch of dumb actors, getting high and talking about their male parts! A total waste of money and time! I hated it!
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    How can any civilized person think a movie based around demon rape and rape jokes is even remotely acceptable? How on earth did they manage to get an R rating for this?
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    The worst movie I've ever seen full of b-list actors. I didn't laugh once. Boring, stupid, a huge waste of time. Don't even bother watching this garbage.
  23. Nov 4, 2013
    The movie is painfully unfunny and blunt. Half of the moments that I chuckled at were in the trailers. The acting is abysmally bad, feels like an extremely cheap sitcom. For a moment I thought that they acted so cheesy on purpose but it is not the case. This Is The End is almost as bad as Your Highness.

And no I am not a puritan, normally I laugh my lungs out on dumb vulgar movies.
  24. Oct 10, 2013
    This movie is hilarious! I would love to hang with those guys but alas I'm too old. Had I known people like that (Rogan, Hill, Robinson, Franco, McBride, & Baruchel) when I was the age they are now my life would have probably turned out differently (for the good). I've taken life (as brief as it is) far too seriously and have been stressed out my existence. Those guys teach a very valuable lesson: chill!!!! Expand
  25. Oct 18, 2013
    what a crap!.... i don't know why americans filmakers like to praise drugs, sex and idiocy this movie it's just a bad joke... just watch ren and stimpy or beavis and butthead instead for more fun
  26. Nov 3, 2013
    This is the end is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was not funny and frankly I want my $1.50 back How people could think the movie is funny is beyond me.
  27. Dec 16, 2013
    It is appalling that the actors and people associated with this film's existence make as much money as they do. This is the most sac religious movie I have ever seen. These people sold their soul to the devil for money and fame. This movie makes me never want to watch a movie starring Seth Rogan, James Franco and the rest of the cast. I have respect for actors that use discretion when choosing roles. These guys clearly don't care or enjoy being blasphemous. This movie was not even worth the $1.20 to rent it from RedBox. More importantly, I can't get back the time I WASTED watching this garbage. Expand
  28. Dec 27, 2013
    Saying this pathetic movie was targeted to a younger generation would be insulting to their intelligence. I am shocked that the actors were playing "themselves." Hilarious? Not by a long shot unless you giggle at references to a penis and banter about rape. Enjoyable? Hand me the Tums please. Of course in reality these actors are actually more intelligent than the characters they portrayed in the movie. Right? Expand
  29. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You could see that this movie reflected the same emptyness as the actors lives it was based on. I admit its a great movie if your high on pot or drunk or just stupid. But you know the actor writer is completely bankrupt of any creativity and ideas when they resort to sheer shock value and star power for the whole movie.

This movie is definitely a Jump the Shark moment for Seth Rogen and his crew, unfortunately, just the feel goods self affirmation this will give stoners of their lives will make all the potheads give it good reviews, if youre anyone else this movie will be something worth skipping
  30. Feb 1, 2014
    Now when a bunch of celebrities meet up, dope themselves to mammoth highs, and then decide to have a whale of a time by making a fully ad-libbed film, who am I to bash them? It’s just that the yield of this frenzy cannot possible be enjoyed as long as the same jag isn’t reached by the audiences. Thus, if drugs aren’t your cup of tea, This Is the End won’t be either. Scatological humour, downright terrible special effects, unbearable cheesiness, and drugs and gore in superfluous abundance pile up to one of the hugest disappointments the film year 2013 has held for me. Expand
  31. Feb 20, 2014
    A pile of steaming crap, sadly. It's just a hall of fame (sort of) of good to 'meh' actors or producers (writers, nobodies, etc.) having fun in a movie that has a plot written on glass of water's coaster - because the person who wrote this hack must be as boring as someone who drinks the same liquid he pisses into.
    $32.000.000 budget movie with 95% spent on convincing people they will not
    blow their career's path or, maybe for the desperate ones, making it any better.

Anybody and i repeat, anybody giving this puke puddle more than a 7 isn't probably a human being because being drunk and/or stupid and/or a fanboy can be an excuse but even the 3 combined couldn't reach the level of foulness it requires to glorify this mistake.

It makes me sick that this .. THING won awards, ergh.
  32. Jan 5, 2014
    The first 20 minutes or so was okay but not nearly good enough to justify the rest of the movie that followed. It was painfully long, unfunny, and predictable, completely failing at being a parody or whatever the hell it was trying to be.
  33. Jul 22, 2014
    what is this crap
    I gave in and watched this movie after seeing a lot of positive reviews. After finishing the movie I have yet to find a funny moment. Not to mention totally uncalled for offensive garbage that fails at humor.
  34. Dec 28, 2013
    What a terrible movie. okay so the big mistake was using the real actors names. this was misleading because the actors are NOT playing themselves. they pretend that they are, but are really just acting like brain-dead stoners. really weird, unrealistic acting, not funny at all. really disappointing, i was exited for this one too.
  35. Sep 7, 2013
    This movie was a train wreck! Seriously do not waste your time. 5 people got up and left the theater I was in. You know a movie has to be worthless if people are wasting their $9 that they spent and making for the exits. It was distasteful, the plot was scetchy, and it just looked poorly written. I had higher standards for the all star professional cast, but they all appeared as armatures in a play made by stoned high schoolers. This is the End... of their careers, most likely. Expand
  36. Oct 19, 2013
    I didn't go see the movie, just saw it on Pay per View. I give it a generous '1'. Seems like a group of people, who think they are funny, getting drunk and making each other laugh. I guess you had to be there, on this side of the screen, any laughter is non-existent for the most part. You know how your mother tries to be funny? Well, she does a better job. Next time, have someone else write the story, yawn...zzzzzzzzzzz Collapse
  37. Nov 3, 2013
    Some laughs, for sure. But a llot of idiotic dialogue in between. Would be mad if paid full theater prices. Some of the cameos by actors weren't too bad.
  38. Nov 28, 2013
    I feel like I should be enjoying it, but I just can't. The jokes only appeal to immature man-children and idiot teenagers. The entire movie is just "DRUGS R COOL XD" and a bunch of juvenile humour designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. An absolutely terrible movie; I had never been a fan of James Franco or Seth Rogen but this just cements my opinion of them being awful actors.
  39. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I also thought this movie would be a winner considering the actors involved. However, I was truly disappointed and shocked at some scenes.

Any truly hilarious moments were completely overshadowed by scenes containing demons with large penis's, cum, and/or rape. The end segment in heaven softened the blow a little and there were some really funny moments but overall this was a disappointment. If they would have taken out the shocking scenes this movie would have been a winner but instead they choose to shock and awe which cost them some longtime fans.
  40. Apr 28, 2014
    the only good thing about this movie is that it's funny no more no less, the damn movie is very FUKIN bad it's so FUKIN shallow . i don't know why so many people like this sh!t but me i think It FUKIN SUCKED . DON'T WATCH THIS SH!T AND WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY . unless you are a guy who want to laugh and feel that bad taste after .

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Jul 3, 2013
    This apocalypse isn’t a nightmare so much as the ultimate bromantic fantasy, one in which – with the removal of any responsibility – the boys are free to bicker, banter, and bed down together.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Jun 29, 2013
    No comedy classic, then, but a good natured and engaging slice of goonish self-mockery.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 29, 2013
    Some funny stuff, but a rental/download only.