- Starring: George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg
- Summary: A small group of adventurous American soldiers (Clooney, Whalberg, Ice Cube, Jonze) in Iraq at the end of the Gulf War is determined to steal a huge cache of gold reputed to be hidden somewhere near their desert base. Finding a map they believe will take them to the gold, the soldiers embark on a journey that leads to unexpected discoveries, enabling them to rise to a heroic challenge that drastically changes their lives. (Warner Brothers)… Collapse
- Director: David O. Russell
- Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Drama, Comedy, War
- More Details and Credits »
Nov 20, 2013The Gulf War was a total waste of time and money, but we all know what it is interesting about this movie surrounded by stars and known direction, is how it exposes issues such as greed, sacrifice, comedy and action as realistically and moving, even if sometimes he is a bit inconsistent in transit and wants to spend time with dubious quality between pure drama and black humor, but other than that he and a lot of fun and their performances are very charismatic cat, especially from Clooney.… Expand
Jul 21, 2014Overall, this one is a pretty good film. George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube, and Spike Jonze, are all good here and really help this film out. The direction from David O. Russell was also very good and gave this one a unique feel. Many war films do not really have character development and this one did not have a ton, but it at least had some to let us know the motivation behind the main characters' actions. However, the narrative slacks at times and can be a tad boring at times for my liking and even when it was not, I was never fully gripped by what was happening. It was certainly interesting enough, but the plot was a tad too outlandish and predictable for me to fully enjoy it. Now, the film is still entertaining and is still very well made and well acted, so I can see why it got the praise it did. However, this one was just not fully for me, though it was still a pretty good film in my eyes.… Expand
Published: August 3, 2010The co-stars of this week's "The Other Guys" are hoping that the new action-comedy breaks them out of a slump. We look at the best and worst films of their careers to date.