8.0

1. Nov 2, 2010
    Titanic is the movie which really made me respect James Cameron as a film maker. He had made excellent movies before such as Terminator 1 and 2, True Lies, and Aliens, but Titanic is really different. Here he offers excellent and believable characters, stunning visuals and a compelling story. This movie is truly a 10!
  2. Oct 30, 2010
    to fans of James Cameron, what could possibly go wrong? its an awesome movie of all time.
  3. Jun 25, 2012
    A friend asked me, Will the movie look exactly the same as 1997s version? . I spontaneously told him, Well, the ship will still be sinking. Ha ha
  4. Apr 14, 2012
    The 3D doesn't matter. I mean it's the best that your going to get from post conversion but it's nothing special. What's special is this masterpiece back on the big screen where it belongs. If I had the money to blow I could watch this 3 hour picture perfect film over and over again. The sound and the big screen are enough. If you haven't seen it in theaters watch it before it's gone!
  5. Nov 2, 2011
    Titanic is a movie merging two characters coming from completely different social backgrounds on the ill-fated ship. I don't understand why lots of people didn't like this movie. Q: Why is it such a "sappy" love story?
    A: It's a trick used to make us love the main characters, so that when one of them dies, we feel sadness for all the other people that died with the ship.

Q: Why such a
    terrible script?
    A: Seriously? It's brilliantly written. In fact, it closely has some of the aspects that the blockbuster "Inception" contains. You have to look closer than the dialogue and the actions of the story. Writing a screenplay is a very hard job. You have to symbolize with almost everything. You have to feel what the characters are feeling and how they would react to certain situations. Plus, there it has a pretty big plot behind it (you've got the heart of the ocean, the painting, the whistle, the hair pin, etc) that has to be weaved together... and this can be a VERY messy process that takes a LONG time to clean up. It's a slap in the face when someone says your work, in which you worked five years on, is horrible.

Q: Why the best picture?
    A: Come on, it was the 90's. In that decade, picture wasn't that great considering it was VHS. And when they talk about best picture, they don't just talk about how HD the film is. They talk about the colors, the cinematography, the lighting, etc.

Q: Why the cheesy dialogue?
    A: Okay, try writing a play right now. What would you say if you were in water BELOW FREEZING and you knew you were going to die. What would you say to your lover? It's not cheesy, and it's not dumb. It's well thought out. I have to go through my written dialogue many times before it seems right. The dialogue also has to move the story forward, which is what happened in the film. Q: Wow, there's no action before the sinking. Why?
    A: What if Titanic was written differently? Maybe it introduces a thief on the ship who tries to kill everyone on board, and actually knocked the captain off the ship and drove it into the iceberg? It would be completely stupid. It doesn't follow history. Now, I know Jack and Rose are both fictitious characters, but there were many people on board the ship that had relationships. It's not like they knew the Titanic was going to sink and broke up so that it wasn't as depressing...

I'd just like to say that lots of people under-rate Titanic because it's a romance. Come on, there's actually a penis joke during a dinner scene. People are way to picky. You wanted to see a film of a ship sinking, and that's what you got. I give this film a 9/10.
  6. Mar 26, 2012
    Titanic is a superb masterpiece of epic porportions. Titanic is perfect. Great Story, great acting, wonderfully crafted and music that is one of a kind. You don't just watch Titanic you feel it, the hardships, the losses and the romance. James Cameron has made one of the best movies of all time. Epic is just the tip of the iceberg for Titanic. (no pun intented)
  7. Aug 3, 2012
    What a romantic and sad but bombastic peace of drama this movie is. Sometimes it just all comes together and you are taken away ti a different world by a movie and this is a perfect example of that. Di caprio's best movie for me. He's so perfectly made for the part of young guy who feels true love for the first time and the drama that splashes it all away in the end. The finale of the movie shows us the most sad image ever shown BY FAR (of 2 old people holding on 2 each other coz they lose the fight with he water first))is just emotional perfection. Awesome peace of history-telling. SEE IT! Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2014
    Titanic is easily James Cameron's best movie, and it earns this with flying colors. The movie is beautifully shot, frame-by-frame, paying careful attention to detail; Leo and Kate's performances are some of cinema's most memorable; and the musical score is mesmerizing. With some of the most memorable lines in cinematic history and true beauty, Titanic deserves its Best Picture Oscar entirely.
  9. Oct 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Titanic is one of those movies that touches you, it is a great romance movie that possibly everyone had a love at first sight, it's has great scenes of action and some 18+ scenes as well. Overall a great movie that is also the 2nd best selling movie and with a witness telling her story Expand
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    Excellent film. One of the best movies ever. The plot is interesting, very entertaining, the person who sees clearly enjoys it. Many people who have seen it do not get tired of seeing it again. A good cast. Pretty recommended.
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    i love james camerons creativity in avatar and titanic . james cameron makes a movie while finding the real titanic it builds up to an adventure . and the fact the boat is sinking thats the best part of all
  12. Jun 26, 2014
    Beautiful movie....

This movie is the greatest in Romantic genre.

Perfect movie by James Cameroon.

Perfect acting by Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet
  13. Jul 9, 2014
    Titanic has stunning visual effects and wonderful acting from the versatile cast. Dicaprio, Winslet, Zane and
    Bates give brilliant performances. The movie has action, drama, romance, and suspense. There's nothing
    more that a filmgoer could ask for.
  14. Sep 11, 2010
    I can't tell bad things with this movie, it's very expensive movie... a thriller, a perfect... I wonder why others still don't like this movie... I like this a lot that AVATAR, it's perfect, it's excellent...
  15. Oct 4, 2010
    A tragic love story featuring superb acting, plenty of drama, suspense and, of course, the famous musical score. This film thoroughly deserves its 11 Oscars and is a remarkable achievement by James Cameron, who has managed to create one of the saddest and most epic love stories of all time.
  16. Nov 28, 2010
    This will always be the greatest film of all time. This heartbreakingly-beautiful & sad classic, nothing short of a masterpiece, was a triumph for James Cameron (he directed Terminator 1 & 2, & Avatar). Avatar surpassed this in terms of grossing only 12 years later (he really IS the king of the world). It is nothing short of late 20th century film-making's magnum opus. I cried at least four times in the movie after seeing it once. I cried when Rose went up from the lifeboat to get Jack, that was beautiful. I also cried when Jack died after hypothermia in the freezing water, when Jack sunk right into the water sent tears to my eyes right away. I cried when the band played "Nearer, My God, To Thee" on violin, because I thought it was beautiful. I also cried during "The Dream", the final scene of Titanic, because that showed how Titanic could have been the ship of dreams. & it was. It really was. Until it sunk on that fateful day. It is truly insulting that critics could be lousy & mean enough to only let this movie get a 74. It should have AT LEAST a 100. Expand
  17. Feb 5, 2014
    One of those films that stay embedded on our culture.
    I loved, love and always will love this movie.
    It's amazing from start to finish. A great ride for everyone :)
  18. Apr 15, 2011
    IT IS 2011 ALMOST LIKE TEN YEARS OR MORE SINCE THEY MADE THIS FILM AND EVERYTIME I WATCH IT I ENJOYED IT AND FEEL AS IF I WATCH IT THE DAY OF ITS RELEASE, I love titanic!!!!
  19. Sep 24, 2013
    James Cameron did an excellent job at directing the film. DiCaprio and Winslet showed their amusing chemistry extremely well. Cinematography was great. The script was great. And the special effects used in breaking the ship in half was absolutely awesome. It can definitely match "Gone With The Wind" as one of the best romantic films of all time. Really fantastic...
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    It's just perfect. From the top to the end, I loved not only the heart-breaking final but every single moment of Jack and Rose's blossoming yet short-lived love story. My all-time favorite movie.
  21. Aug 13, 2011
    When I first saw Titanic, I was star struck. This movie is incredible. The technology is ace!!!! Leo DiCaprio 's acting is just the best he has ever been. He proves he can take on any major role. All the characters did a fantastic job. You will see that it is a long movie but it's worth it trust me. You and your family will enjoy this but be aware there are some nudity in it with the drawing scene, the car scene, and the beginning when they show the photo of her wearing the diamond. Some violence when Rose and Hockley have a fight, and when she spits. but other than that it is a fantastic movie. Sit down and enjoy the titanic ride. Expand
  22. Jun 12, 2011
    for those of you who make it seem like it is a horrible movie because its slow, then shame on you, because it really is a true story, and you make it seem like it wasn't a true story, but a dumbass made up story. if you are going to burn a titanic movie, then review one of the animated titanic movies. and i will admit that i myself don't especially love this movie. but it is NOT i repeat NOT A CHICK FLICK. it is a historicaly accurate movie that puts the emotion and heart wrenching events in world history. if you hate this movie because it seems like a piece of **** chick flick, then shame on you. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  23. CCN
    Aug 1, 2011
    Heart-warming, poignant and occasionally comic, Titanic is powerful love story set aboard the ill-fated luxury liner, that is almost guaranteed to touch any audience's heart. The special effects, costume and set designs are all spectacular, and the cast members are all on key, with two outstanding performances from Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. The lighting and music often contribute to the film's ability to absorb you into it's world, and it often feels as if you're on the wide specious decks of the luxury liner itself. Titanic has been a huge commercial and critical success, and is one of the most expensive and successful films of all time; watching it you can easily see why. In April 2012 Director/Writer James Cameron will release his masterpiece once again for a new generation of cinema-lovers to enjoy on the big screen, and this time it'll be sailing into cinemas in 3D. It is set to be released days before the 100th anniversary of the sinking. Expand
  24. Aug 18, 2011
    Titanic is beautifully shot film from the change of two centuries when unsinkable dreams failed everyone and first world war was around the corner. At the same time there was rising a dawn of a new era, 20th century, and as a mark of that era there were also some dreams that didn ´t failed but set some people free. Rose had a dream of that kind -she was a prisoner of her narsissistic mother and distinguished family background. Jack was a poor boy enjoying his underclass kind of freedom with no obsessions to power or wealth. A romance between them was truly about surviving as love always is. Well, Jack didn t survive but he saved Rose. And that ´s a true love story, about true love :) Expand
  25. Jan 21, 2014
    The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown, known as 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' who happened to not be acknowledged until after her death, are two examples.

The relationship between Jack and Rose is more an emphasis on society's expectations in 1912. Although the romance only lasted a few days, it happened at the point of one of history's greatest disasters and only the beginning of women's suffrage. The first class and third class passengers are so much in contrast despite Jack spending so much close proximity to them alongside his witty repartee, not to mention that at both ends of the spectrum it is clear that neither class are shown to be anything but themselves.

Some truly devastating dialogue, often as a pointer or a sad truth to reflect society's values, but also perhaps the odd humour that does something similar: "Music to drown to, now I know I'm in first class". There are many scenes of true beauty, such as the sunset over the sea with a poignant remark of the last light the ship ever saw. The soundtrack itself evoked beauty, particularly the rendition of Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' carrying on a beautiful moment at a truly wondrous event in the film.
  26. Apr 6, 2012
    this movie is the my number 1 most favorite movie of all time. This film is flawlessly crafted and built and made. this movie sucks you in to a hole of romance, adventure, and enjoyment all at the same time which you won't forget.
  27. Nov 22, 2011
    Titanic...WOW!! I think this movie should be ranked in the top 5 movies of all time. Maybe top 3. James Cameron takes a historic event and makes it a blockbuster film. This grand film really keeps you hooked. Yeah, some visuals might lack, but I enjoyed the movie anyhow.
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    To admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthy 3 hour saga, now I could feel calmer in facing the numerous household names still stuck in my to-be-watched list and meanwhile other potential newcomers have never stopped emerging.

To be honest with oneself, no one could deny TITANIC is a monumental masterpiece, the visual stunts are so compelling and marvel me in its verisimilitude of reconstructing such a monolith setting (what
  29. Mar 13, 2014
    Casual viewers might struggle to look past the love story and the crash, but James Cameron's painstakingly realized dream is a marvel of the extents the director pushed not just the technology (which he undoubtedly did) at the time but also the conviction of his vision.
  30. Sep 8, 2014
    One of the greats of our time--in terms of dramatic tragedy, disaster and direction. James Cameron largely took the romantic path of this unparalleled tragedy. The romanticism can be easily criticized; however, it makes this film and story much more cohesive.
  31. Mar 31, 2012
    I think it goes without saying that this movie's accomplishment to compel you is amazing. Epic on every level and is a force to be reckoned with. A towering achievement that will forever be remembered in cinema.
  32. Apr 13, 2012
    I love the movie titanic, I believe that this film is sad and depressing, but a legend love story, although i love this film, what was the point of releasing it again in 3D?
  33. Apr 16, 2012
    Cannot really understand how can anyone give this movie a negative review. Loved it, was extremely touched by the movie and I believe it may be the most touching and romantic movie ever made. 10/10
  34. Jun 1, 2012
    Every time I see this movie I can't take my eyes away from the screen. The movie feels like reality before your eyes as if you've never seen it before.
  35. Jul 18, 2012
    Titanic is romantic, beautiful, and sad. This is my favorite movie of all time, and totally deserved the best picture award it won. This and Inception is the reason Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors. And This is why Kate Winslet's one of my favorite actresses
  36. Oct 18, 2012
    The best movie I saw in my whole life.Leonardo DiCaprio,Kate Winslet,Billy Zane,etc.James Cameron also it's a great director.The suicide scene of one of the crew was awesome.The screenplay too.I wait to see Avatar in 3-D.
  37. Nov 17, 2013
    How can anyone give a negative review about this movie! it's TITANIC the classic one of the best movies ever made! what's not to like the acting is really strong the story is great the characters are catching ...
    what's wrong with people!!
  38. Oct 15, 2012
    Titanic offers one of the very best Blu-Ray releases available today. I have no qualms giving this set highest marks James Cameron is a genius While Titanic can't touch Cameron's true classics, The Terminator and Aliens.
  39. Jan 6, 2014
    O clássico de James Cameron
  40. Dec 5, 2012
    I Love This Movie. Romantic and wonderful, and I think this is one of the best of the history. Ok I remeber that I've seen betters movies than it but this movie smash !
  41. Dec 7, 2012
    Unbelievable movie. I think everybody should go back to when he first watched this movie and no judge after watching it several times . Great love story that cannot be repeated in any other movie!
  42. May 5, 2013
    Every year I have to watch Titanic, because it is just one of my favorite movies of all time, it just gets better, so realistic and the acting is heartbreaking and touching, amazing, and a really good romance that doesn't bore you to death, I really like it and I wonder how could a Directer do such a movie with not that technology at that time, and when it was re-released, I was the first to watch it and it was epic, epic if 3D,2D,1D, 0D, it is the TITANIC. Expand
  43. Mar 15, 2013
    What an amazingly crafted and directed movie. The ship sinking in the last hour of it was very intense and very real. You can tell that Cameron really did his research and was very committed to making a masterpiece of a movie. The cast was also perfect. There wasn't anyone who didn't do an insanely good and believable performance.
  44. Mar 12, 2013
    The movie is made so well that you actually experience the Titanic tragedy. Everything about this movie is perfect, it''s just impossible to give this masterpiece something anything but 10.
  45. Mar 24, 2013
    A heart throbbing movie with enchanting music and amazing effects. The storyline was near perfect and was tear-jerking for many of its viewers. James Cameron rarely disappoints his audience.
  46. Apr 2, 2013
    Titanic is considered the best movie of the all time. i see why they have a great titanic, actors, director and a biutiful history of the most biutiful transatlantic ha ever see the world.
  47. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Titanic: an epic masterpiece of cinema to say the least. Not to mention THE MOVIE people love to hate, because for whatever reason pretentious people can't stand the idea that the greatest film can also be the most popular. Titanic is my favorite movie of all time, and in my modest opinion the best movie ever made. The acting regardless of what people say is brilliant. Leo and Kate have excellent chemistry and were both perfect choices for their roles. Billy Zane plays a perfect high class villain. And, who could forget the tender and touching performance of the late Gloria Stuart. The movie is historically accurate to the last detail (up to that point) and if you disagree, you don't know the titanic yourself. James Cameron had the top titanic historians on set at all times, as well as early 20th century etiquette experts training 150 permanent extras on behavior and mannerisms. Not to mention the brilliant set pieces and cinematography! The full sized set of the ship was the icing, and not a dollar of his record breaking budget was misspent. From the eerie opening dive scene, to the sunny days at sea meeting the characters, to the captivating and dramatic sinking scene, and of course the famous ending kiss atop the grand staircase, titanic is an experience. An experience of love, greed, class separation, dreams, loss, and closure: things that the audience can still relate to 100 years after the origina of the film. You aren't human if you didn't shed a tear at this film, because like it or not it's hear wrenching. All in all, this film is beautiful. Despite what you may think, it won 11 Oscars for a reason, and is a must see for film for people of all ages (after all, it's been my favorite film since I was 3). Expand
  48. May 13, 2013
    My personally favorite movie, James Cameron proves he doesn't just create badass films with Robots. He went for a more romantic take this time and he succeeded. Titanic is probably one of the only movies who will make the people weep and give us characters we will actually care about. Although lengthy, the character development was wonderfully paced so it really feels alot shorter, well for me at least. It is a must see for everyone, even though romantic dramas aren't for everyone. Expand
  49. Jun 26, 2013
    Es una pelicula clasica y muy buena,su guion,historia,trama ETC,estan muy buenos,se merece un 10 de 10 y un 100 de 100,la recomiendo para que la vean.
  50. May 30, 2013
    This movie is one of those movies that when you look at it do not you forget it and will always remember him as one of the best movie you've ever seen the film as everyone knows speaks of the sinking of the Titanic, but James Cameron tries to make the lighter moment by telling the love story between Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio), an artist who lodges in the third class, and Rose (Kate Winslet), a seventeen year old girl from middle class family with a mother who has already planned a life and his wealthy fiancé Caledon "Cal" Hackley (Billy Zane). This film I've seen it many times and every time I feel an incredible feeling, it is precisely for this reason that Titanic is a masterpiece, because as many films do not ever get tired of seeing him always and every time you feel the same emotion as if it were the first time personally I can not even find a flaw in the film, I think the points that make a moving film Titanic and that leaves its mark are: the soundtrack by James Horner, the song My Heart Will Go On Celine Dion, dazzling special effects photography Russell Carpenter and the incredible interpretation of Kate Winslet. Unfortunately, the Cinema today has had many changes compared to what it once was, most of the movies they make today are trash films, Cinema today's needs instead of movies like Titanic, one of a kind and that will leave a mark in the heart and mind. Winner of 11 Academy Awards in 1998 (all deserved): Best Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Special Effects, Best Original Score, Best Song, Best Editing, Best Sound, Best Sound Editing and Best Costume Design, I conclude saying that Titanic is a masterpiece and is one of the best films ever made. Expand
  51. Aug 24, 2013
    Titanic is an epic movie!!! It's the best film ever made and Leo Dicaprio is always perfect. James Cameron is the best film director ever!!
    After 16 years, Titanic is still a masterpiece and an unforgettable film. I am sure that in the future, people will still admire Titanic. A HUGE well done to the cast and the crew!!!
  52. Sep 24, 2013
    might b a little predictable but that's what the target audience wants Anyone who is a hopeless romantic and those who believe in soul mates roughly 80 percent of the country .But nonetheless this is a Great movie ,epic, tragic, romantic.
  53. Jan 2, 2014
    Titanic is a beautiful and unforgettable masterpiece and one of my favourite movies of all time. The chemistry between Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet is breath-taking; there's such a connection between them. Chemistry like that is rare and often not very genuine in Hollywood. Rose and Jack have to be the best movie couple. James Cameron really has done an ace job! You don't only watch Titanic, you experience it which I think is what makes it more special and moving. There's real emotional behind the sinking and the characters. Titanic is also visually spectacular, Cameron really brings it all to life. The cast were superb! Cameron couldn't have chosen a better cast. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet shine in this film. Also Billy Zane, Francis Fisher, Kathy Bates and Victor Garber are sensational and really talented actors. This movie may be depressing and heartbreakingly sad but its so emotionally captivating and the love story is utterly beautiful. Titanic tugs at your heartstrings and really makes you feel. Its hard to get this film out of your head.

Grade: A*
  54. Mar 1, 2014
    Titanic is a great work accident of history's most famous ship, but this focuses more on love. It is great with good music, fun and even almost made me mourn, but the acting, this item failed. Titanic is a classic for a long time, your message or your greatest theme: love.
  55. Apr 15, 2014
    Titanic is a movie that made me extremely respect the director James Cameron. Titanic is a outstanding dramatic film and it made me understand how true love can th overcome fear of death.
  56. Jul 20, 2014
    Titanic by James Cameron in my opinion one of the best movies I have seen from him other than Avatar. The stunning effects and acting by Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio made the movie even more enjoyable to watch. The beautiful scenes on the so called "unsinkable" ship were mesmerizing by the growing relationship of DiCaprio and Winslet. You cant forget that the music from John Harper brought the feelings DiCaprio and Winslet had to life. Expand
  57. Sep 5, 2014
    Titanic has terrific visuals, superb acting and is one of the James Cameron's best movies.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it.
  2. No amount of excellent period costuming and brilliant set decoration can substitute for a good story and decent acting.
  3. The first half drags a bit, but the adventure scenes are exciting and the visual effects are as dazzling as Hollywood's most advanced technology can make them. Focusing as much on time and memory as on danger and disaster, it's an epic with a heart.