Paramount Pictures | Release Date: December 19, 1997
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 1087 Ratings
Watch Now
shelbyjAug 7, 2009
The most gratifying movie i have ever seen. it takes your breath away.
[Anonymous]Nov 4, 2005
T2 is more exciting, but Titanic is certainly worth a look. It certainly deserved Oscars, but maybe not eleven of them. It actually isn't boring...James Cameron proves himself versatile, as the movie flows along well...w/o fight T2 is more exciting, but Titanic is certainly worth a look. It certainly deserved Oscars, but maybe not eleven of them. It actually isn't boring...James Cameron proves himself versatile, as the movie flows along well...w/o fight sequences and battles in his action work. THe romance is actually well written...not too deep, but not phony or shallow, and for real, as it stands the test of disaster. In fact, this movie's charaters HATE phoniness, in a way both girls and guys can relate too and embrace. James Horner's score was great, too. Expand
KeithHOct 20, 2006
The world
AmyMDec 9, 2006
Titanic is one of those breath taking movies that will be with you for the rest of your life. It is the best movie ever. It makes every girl wish she could be loved like that.
BonnieH.Dec 11, 2007
Best movie ever. No competition will ever be presented to it.
TonyB.Nov 25, 2005
Every now and then a film lives up to its hype. "Titanic" is such a film; it is quite an achievement.
ConorM.Apr 27, 2007
It was the best movie I ever seen. i'm completely obsesed with the RMS Titanic and have everything about the Titanic.I know everything about it and the passengers too
CodyG.Oct 25, 2008
I loved the movie Titanic the only part i disagree with is the scene in which Kate Winslet is nude. One of my favorite scenes is when the ship hits the iceberg another one is where the ship goes under. One thing I think is possible is where I loved the movie Titanic the only part i disagree with is the scene in which Kate Winslet is nude. One of my favorite scenes is when the ship hits the iceberg another one is where the ship goes under. One thing I think is possible is where First officer Murdoch commended suicide. It was reported by many survivors and i think it really did happen. Expand
JakeLSep 26, 2008
One of the great epics stirring, epic, breathtaking, even after The Dark Knight this is still the #1 movie of all time.
JimmyP.Nov 18, 2006
Great, film. Seen it tens of times. I would pay to watch it again. That's how much I like it.
jwt7000Aug 2, 2012
The first half of this movie: boring. The second half of this movie actually defines the movie with amazing drama and special effects. Although this is one of the most popular movies of all time, some people cried with the main theme songThe first half of this movie: boring. The second half of this movie actually defines the movie with amazing drama and special effects. Although this is one of the most popular movies of all time, some people cried with the main theme song that felt so emotional. Expand
JudddyOct 4, 2010
A tragic love story featuring superb acting, plenty of drama, suspense and, of course, the famous musical score. This film thoroughly deserves its 11 Oscars and is a remarkable achievement by James Cameron, who has managed to create one ofA tragic love story featuring superb acting, plenty of drama, suspense and, of course, the famous musical score. This film thoroughly deserves its 11 Oscars and is a remarkable achievement by James Cameron, who has managed to create one of the saddest and most epic love stories of all time. Expand
asylumspadezNov 20, 2011
The insanely long run time may shy some people away but this is a good film. I watched it numerous times on VHS when it first came out and I still enjoy it to this day (FYI - I am a guy).
domiveDec 4, 2012
It's just perfect. From the top to the end, I loved not only the heart-breaking final but every single moment of Jack and Rose's blossoming yet short-lived love story. My all-time favorite movie.
CCNAug 1, 2011
Heart-warming, poignant and occasionally comic, Titanic is powerful love story set aboard the ill-fated luxury liner, that is almost guaranteed to touch any audience's heart. The special effects, costume and set designs are all spectacular,Heart-warming, poignant and occasionally comic, Titanic is powerful love story set aboard the ill-fated luxury liner, that is almost guaranteed to touch any audience's heart. The special effects, costume and set designs are all spectacular, and the cast members are all on key, with two outstanding performances from Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. The lighting and music often contribute to the film's ability to absorb you into it's world, and it often feels as if you're on the wide specious decks of the luxury liner itself. Titanic has been a huge commercial and critical success, and is one of the most expensive and successful films of all time; watching it you can easily see why. In April 2012 Director/Writer James Cameron will release his masterpiece once again for a new generation of cinema-lovers to enjoy on the big screen, and this time it'll be sailing into cinemas in 3D. It is set to be released days before the 100th anniversary of the sinking. Collapse
layolaAug 18, 2011
Titanic is beautifully shot film from the change of two centuries when unsinkable dreams failed everyone and first world war was around the corner. At the same time there was rising a dawn of a new era, 20th century, and as a mark of that eraTitanic is beautifully shot film from the change of two centuries when unsinkable dreams failed everyone and first world war was around the corner. At the same time there was rising a dawn of a new era, 20th century, and as a mark of that era there were also some dreams that didn ´t failed but set some people free. Rose had a dream of that kind -she was a prisoner of her narsissistic mother and distinguished family background. Jack was a poor boy enjoying his underclass kind of freedom with no obsessions to power or wealth. A romance between them was truly about surviving as love always is. Well, Jack didn t survive but he saved Rose. And that ´s a true love story, about true love :) Expand
EssenceOfSugarJan 21, 2014
The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that areThe Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown, known as 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' who happened to not be acknowledged until after her death, are two examples.

The relationship between Jack and Rose is more an emphasis on society's expectations in 1912. Although the romance only lasted a few days, it happened at the point of one of history's greatest disasters and only the beginning of women's suffrage. The first class and third class passengers are so much in contrast despite Jack spending so much close proximity to them alongside his witty repartee, not to mention that at both ends of the spectrum it is clear that neither class are shown to be anything but themselves.

Some truly devastating dialogue, often as a pointer or a sad truth to reflect society's values, but also perhaps the odd humour that does something similar: "Music to drown to, now I know I'm in first class". There are many scenes of true beauty, such as the sunset over the sea with a poignant remark of the last light the ship ever saw. The soundtrack itself evoked beauty, particularly the rendition of Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' carrying on a beautiful moment at a truly wondrous event in the film.
DaBlackNightApr 6, 2012
this movie is the my number 1 most favorite movie of all time. This film is flawlessly crafted and built and made. this movie sucks you in to a hole of romance, adventure, and enjoyment all at the same time which you won't forget.
spadenxDec 22, 2011
Far too long, Really drags on the film as long as it can until it can go no more. I enjoyed the film ,dont get me wrong, but the runtime killed me in the end. Acting was ok but no where near as impressive as the film's special effects.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
Not my type of movie in any way, but surely the people who are into the everlasting story of love and tragedy enjoy it. After all, this is more about the affair of Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) than it is about one of theNot my type of movie in any way, but surely the people who are into the everlasting story of love and tragedy enjoy it. After all, this is more about the affair of Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) than it is about one of the most famous ships of all time.

Titanic sank on her maiden voyage. A lot of people died - unnecessarily, perhaps. That's what most people know about the real events. I myself find that sometimes I just want to keep reading stories told by the survivors, to get the feel of things.

This movie has won a heap of awards since it was released, and not for nothing: the movie looks really good. The design of the boat was very beautiful and authentic looking, as were the clothes and other details seen in the film. It gives you a good, solid whiff of what it was like back in the day.

The story itself is structured quite nicely between past and present, although the present isn't quite as well detailed as the past. Rose, who survived the shipwreck, recounts her story to a group of avid listeners. For some reason they are mesmerized by the story of suffocating future and an alternative opportunity of adventure, although their interest simply lies on finding a valuable diamond and its fate.

Amazingly enough, the whole three hours that this movie lasts, and only the last hour or so focusing on the actual events of the sinking, the movie doesn't get boring. Although there isn't much going on in the beginning, there was just enough vibe going on to keep one looking and waiting for the inevitable. After all, we all know how the story ends before it even begins.
lasttimeisawOct 3, 2012
To admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered itTo admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthy 3 hour saga, now I could feel calmer in facing the numerous household names still stuck in my to-be-watched list and meanwhile other potential newcomers have never stopped emerging.

To be honest with oneself, no one could deny TITANIC is a monumental masterpiece, the visual stunts are so compelling and marvel me in its verisimilitude of reconstructing such a monolith setting (what
jack977Mar 13, 2014
Casual viewers might struggle to look past the love story and the crash, but James Cameron's painstakingly realized dream is a marvel of the extents the director pushed not just the technology (which he undoubtedly did) at the time but alsoCasual viewers might struggle to look past the love story and the crash, but James Cameron's painstakingly realized dream is a marvel of the extents the director pushed not just the technology (which he undoubtedly did) at the time but also the conviction of his vision. Expand
csw12May 28, 2015
Titanic is a film that stretches the boundaries of movie making. James Cameron has created a monumental epic masterpiece on the grandest level. The story, acting, score, visuals and everything in between is done to perfection. A movie toTitanic is a film that stretches the boundaries of movie making. James Cameron has created a monumental epic masterpiece on the grandest level. The story, acting, score, visuals and everything in between is done to perfection. A movie to experience, a movie for the ages. Expand
AwesomeReviewerApr 10, 2012
â
HonestOmi08Apr 13, 2012
I love the movie titanic, I believe that this film is sad and depressing, but a legend love story, although i love this film, what was the point of releasing it again in 3D?
OfficialNov 4, 2013
"Titanic", another one of James Cameron's masterpieces, is a powerful and strongly acted romantic film. The use of CGI is great and the script is well-written. It did take some time to get going though.
wesker2012Jun 1, 2012
Every time I see this movie I can't take my eyes away from the screen. The movie feels like reality before your eyes as if you've never seen it before.
SpangleDec 13, 2014
As a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executedAs a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as the pinnacle of disaster films and this one certainly echoes those and improves on them thanks to advancements in technology. In addition, the film certainly has its beautiful moments. While the romance may be poured on a little thick at times, it certainly really shines at times and makes you feel chills all over. Leonardo DiCaprio is also good as Jack Dawson, though he does falter at times, in large part due to poor writing. I did not like the writing for much of this one and the lines were laughable at times. In addition, Kate Winslet's performance left much to be desired. She had her moments where she was great, but when paired with a much stronger actor in DiCaprio, he left her in the dust far too often. The supporting cast was strong for the most part, however, which was good. As a whole, Titanic succeeds most in capturing the atmosphere and events surrounding the Titanic. Both the sinking and aftermath of it are brilliantly moving and engrossing, which stand as the best part of the film to me. It certainly has its negatives, but Titanic gets more negative reviews than it deserves due to the at times sappy and unbelievable romance element, which is too bad. Expand
williamx22Jul 18, 2012
Titanic is romantic, beautiful, and sad. This is my favorite movie of all time, and totally deserved the best picture award it won. This and Inception is the reason Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors. And This is why KateTitanic is romantic, beautiful, and sad. This is my favorite movie of all time, and totally deserved the best picture award it won. This and Inception is the reason Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors. And This is why Kate Winslet's one of my favorite actresses Expand
axelkochAug 25, 2012
Long sometimes and the character of Hockley is just a stereotypical bad guy, but that were already all the bad things about this movie. A masterpiece, that mixes a wonderful love story with fantastic special effects! Deserved all of the won Oscars!