Warner Independent Pictures (WIP) | Release Date: September 12, 2008
6.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 21 Ratings
Watch Now
JenniferKJan 6, 2010
Funny, sad, disgusting, rivetting, nauseating, feel-good movie- Summer Bashil is definitely the star of the movie- One of the best movies I have seen in a long time- at times I didn't know wheter to vomit, cry shout or laugh- some Funny, sad, disgusting, rivetting, nauseating, feel-good movie- Summer Bashil is definitely the star of the movie- One of the best movies I have seen in a long time- at times I didn't know wheter to vomit, cry shout or laugh- some consider this movie to be an unrealistic after school special on the dangers of inappropriate touching, for me the movie seemed very real-to-life. Expand
JoanOct 1, 2008
I did sense the germ of an important story in this film; however, as a big fan of Alan Ball's 6 FEET UNDER, I was shocked at the poor writing in this film. Although the lines were spoken by a strong ensemble of actors, I felt as if I I did sense the germ of an important story in this film; however, as a big fan of Alan Ball's 6 FEET UNDER, I was shocked at the poor writing in this film. Although the lines were spoken by a strong ensemble of actors, I felt as if I was watching a first-time student film...very disappointed. Expand
JanS.Jan 12, 2009
I found this disturbing in a unsettling feeling of discust for the making of a sex abuse issue a pretty thing. I found it boring, way too long and should have not gotten the ratings it did.
BrandenR.Jan 27, 2009
Why was this movie made? It had no redeeming qualities in it.
DaleAug 12, 2009
The film is artless, harsh, an stripped of any mystery. The performances are good, and Summer Bishi is highly promising. I'm glad I saw it just to see her fine work.
JoeZ.Sep 19, 2008
This filmed is loaded with so much emotional content that you will cringe watching it. Rarely does a film move you in your seat so often.
LindaNJan 10, 2009
This is less of a comedy than you might think based on the previews, but a great story. Aaron Eckhart and the guy who plays the dad give fantastic performances. The girl's somewhat complex behavior rang true to me.
SeanF.Jan 1, 2009
I would have given this a ten, but some of the content seems a little over the top. If you like movies like Happiness or American Beauty, this movie will not disappoint.
JHFeb 3, 2009
This is an important and entertaining movie that involves some very unsettling issues. Although the main character has a Middle Eastern background, that particular fact is not the crux of the matter. This movie is really about teenage This is an important and entertaining movie that involves some very unsettling issues. Although the main character has a Middle Eastern background, that particular fact is not the crux of the matter. This movie is really about teenage sexuality, and it is certain to disturb almost everyone to some degree. All you have to do is look at the negative reviews to see how much some people were offended. Despite all that, this is a very good movie that should be viewed and seriously contemplated. I encourage you to watch it, and before you judge harshly, think back to your own adolescence and ask yourself, "is this movie an accurate and authentic depiction of teenage sexuality?" I think Alan Ball is courageous for making this movie, and I think that it is authentic to a degree that will make most religious people hopping mad. Expand
JayH.Dec 23, 2008
This movie tackles some pretty heavy subject matters, and pulls it off quite professionally. Very well acted by everyone in the cast. I never lost interest, fine direction. The score is a bit routine though.
RichardB.Sep 13, 2008
This movie pulls no punches. Summer Bishil is and amazing actress. This will be one of the best of the year.
BartJ.Sep 17, 2008
Done before, but without the gratuitious smut.
SMJan 25, 2009
Although a real drama, it is definitely worth watching.