1. MikeG.
    Jul 16, 2001
    This was a movie made for the purpose of making a movie. There was no real catch for the audience. It should have been aired on the sundance channel not at theaters. Who really wants to pay all that money to go to a theatre and fall asleep watching a long, and lame, version of "cops"?
  2. MovieBuff
    Sep 24, 2002
    What the hell is going on here? How this movie won all those awards and got amazing reviews is beyond me. This movie was so slow and bland that it makes watching paint dry interesting. I'd rather go fishing (which I hate) then watch this movie again. This movie must have put people in a hypnotical trance for it to receive anything higher then a 4.
  3. Lyndsey
    Jan 23, 2002
    I consider myself to be an intelligent person, and I love all types of movies. I watched this one 3 times on video and I really have no idea what it was about. I got the general point of the movie, that was easy to follow, but the details were lost on me.

Traffic is not just an ultra-procedural--it's the Big Picture, the Whole Enchilada, complete with a complicated war between two Mexican drug cartels.
  2. Though meticulously researched, well acted and filled with striking moments, the movie ultimately feels oddly disconnected.
  3. He's (Soderbergh) among the few directors working today who makes me wonder what he'll do next - and draws me into the movie house, whatever it may be.