4.6

1. Jun 27, 2014
    Even going to this movie with low expectation set and telling yourself "It's another Michael Bay's film, don't keep high hopes" wouldn't prepare you for a total train wreck. Mark Walhberg's protagonist, polished actions sequences, shiny new Autobots and badass villian Lockdown, won't be able to help cover the film's clunky plot, excessive characters and secondary villains, unlikableEven going to this movie with low expectation set and telling yourself "It's another Michael Bay's film, don't keep high hopes" wouldn't prepare you for a total train wreck. Mark Walhberg's protagonist, polished actions sequences, shiny new Autobots and badass villian Lockdown, won't be able to help cover the film's clunky plot, excessive characters and secondary villains, unlikable female lead and her useless boyfriend. Everything about this movie is either about the director's addiction with explosion and destruction or about nothing at all except its existence being another means to make more money for another sequel which we don't need. Either come up with a reboot or pass the license to another director like Guilermo del Toro. Stop making films this way, Mr. Bay. Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let's put cards on the table, alright? The first Transformers was okay. The second Transformers was, undeniably, a great piece of sh*t. The third Transformers was slightly better than it's predecessor, but it was still a piece of trash. Now, it comes the next installment directed by Michael Bay just to destroy the franchise once and for all (but still the film will, unbelievably, make 1 billion dollars).

The film show us Cade Yeager trying to get money in order to put his daughter Tessa into college. Oh yes there's no Megan Fox, let's just put the chick from the "Last Airbender" into this excrement. And in case if you're wondering, YES, this movie has annoying characters just like the other three movies. Meet Lucas: The most annoying character in the whole film (Thank god he's dead), the guy was so stupid, so stupid that in the beginning of the movie he couldn't catch a ball right in front of his eyes.

Later, Cade brings an old truck which is by the way, OPTIMUS PRIME!!!! What a happy coincidence!!! I was saying that he brings an old truck to remove and sell the parts (for the reason I already mentioned) and bla bla bla bla, why we need that character development anyway? Meanwhile, the humans try to hunt down the Autobots (even thought that Autobots save the Earth like, 3 times) for a very, very poorly conceived reason that my brain is still processing such an undeveloped plot element.

When they find that Mr. Yeager hid Optimus in his barn, they go to his little house and the movie introduce us: Titus Welliver, yeah the guy with the sunglasses! Titus send his men to search the whole place in order to find Optimus and then Cade says "Oh wait! You can't search my farm without an warrant!", Titus replies "My face is the warrant!"

*Stares in silence*

*Sighs*

Okay... I think I'm okay.  Moving on, Titus threats Cade's daughter and in the last second, Optimus shows up and says "HERE I AM!" Seriously? He couldn't just ripped off "Dexter" and say "Surprise motherf*cker!!!"?

Cade and his daughter are saved by Tessa's boyfriend, oh yeah wait until you read this. Cade, Tessa, Lucas and Shane are running from the police and in the middle of the chase, Cade finds out that his daughter is dating with Shane and instead of just focusing in WHAT'S IMPORTANT, he starts arguing with Tessa!!! Yes, of course! When I'm being chase by dozen of police cars and police choppers, I'll just ask why my girlfriend didn't ate her cornflakes in the morning.

There's a scene where Cade is fighting with Titus in a building and instead of picking up a knife to stab him in the neck or in the heart, he decides to use an american football. Really? I mean, really???!!!! Meanwhile, in the final battle (because I forgot the confused and meaningless plot, it doesn't matter anyway) Joshua becomes, inexplicably, a comedian. And, can you believe people actually laughed at Michael Bay's stupid comedy?

After the end of the battle, Tessa realizes that they don't have a place to stay and Joshua says "I think I might help you with that". What a stupid miracle! Michael Bay didn't even tried to make a decent ending! For almost 3 f*cking hours, the filmmakers were kidding with my face. The narrative is overstuffed with crazy action sequences (that never end) and nonsensical plot elements, there is no plot, the cast knew the movie was **** but they didn't tried, the dialogues are so f*cking stupid, the run-time is too damn long, there's too much product placement, the character development is completely unnecessary and THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS SUBSTANDARD AND RETARDED MOVIE DIDN'T GIVE A F*CK ABOUT THE ESSENCE OF A GOOD ACTION MOVIE!

This movie removes my taste for good movies. I wouldn't recommend it neither to my worst enemy.
  3. Jun 27, 2014
    Honestly I can't find a worse way to WASTE 2.5 hours of my life and $12 than watching this. If you love lots of explosion, robots, mindless characters, bad dialog, bad directing, bad humor, too much action scenes and idiotic editing, then this is for you.

You are better off watching Mythbusters. It has better explosions, smarter robots, better characters, better dialog, better humor, better editing and best of all, it is free.
  4. Jun 28, 2014
    CRAP that is all..... if you love the past 3 transformer movies well you'll probably love this crapfest and clap at the end, and think its a good movie! however everyone else can see that Michael bay has remade the same movie 4 FREAKING TIMES!!!! the same movie! again, crap acting (except wahlberg), crap dialogue, crap writing, crappy everything!!!!! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and whats worst isCRAP that is all..... if you love the past 3 transformer movies well you'll probably love this crapfest and clap at the end, and think its a good movie! however everyone else can see that Michael bay has remade the same movie 4 FREAKING TIMES!!!! the same movie! again, crap acting (except wahlberg), crap dialogue, crap writing, crappy everything!!!!! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and whats worst is that this movie will surely make a billion dollars again because people are stupid and love to watch crap! you people go watch your crap, i will rewatch X-Men Days Of Future Past again for the 4th time a brilliant film! Expand
  5. Jun 27, 2014
    I went into this movie wanting to like it. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Transformers, I thought Revenge of the Fallen was awful, and Dark of the Moon was decent. I figured Michael Bay would improve in Age of Extinction after learning from the mistakes from the previous movies. I was wrong. The story makes absolutely no sense, the editing is extremely sloppy, and Bay has this strangeI went into this movie wanting to like it. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Transformers, I thought Revenge of the Fallen was awful, and Dark of the Moon was decent. I figured Michael Bay would improve in Age of Extinction after learning from the mistakes from the previous movies. I was wrong. The story makes absolutely no sense, the editing is extremely sloppy, and Bay has this strange fascination with making Optimus Prime a bloodthirsty killer. When it comes to the action and effects, Age is a step down from its predecessors, pure and simple. Bay also had a very good chance to introduce a new villain who had potential to be so incredibly badass throughout the new series of films, but that hope is quickly washed away. I can honestly say, this is one of the worst movies I've ever watched. Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2014
    Urrrgghhhhh.... plausible storyline? nah. good dialogue? nope. good action scenes? negative. crappy jokes? check. heart felt conversations at the stupidest possible times? yessir.
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    why does this movie exist? why does michael bay keep getting work? anyone who would give this... thing a score past a 6 for what ever reason are even mouthbreathers or sellouts. the movie is the worst story ever writen with the sole purpose of shoving in as much nostalgic crap as they can. The acting is really bad but i will give it a pass because i assume they know this movie is not worthwhy does this movie exist? why does michael bay keep getting work? anyone who would give this... thing a score past a 6 for what ever reason are even mouthbreathers or sellouts. the movie is the worst story ever writen with the sole purpose of shoving in as much nostalgic crap as they can. The acting is really bad but i will give it a pass because i assume they know this movie is not worth giving a crap, except for the love interest who is just the worst actress since Jim Barneys coffin. Expand
  8. Jun 27, 2014
    Slightly better than the second, which frankly sucked, and not as good as the third, which was mildly entertaining. Even with his best heroic effort, Mark Wahlberg could not save this film. He barely managed to be mildly convincing in his earnestness to save his daughter from all the evil humans and machines. Admittedly, this in itself could be considered quite a feat given theSlightly better than the second, which frankly sucked, and not as good as the third, which was mildly entertaining. Even with his best heroic effort, Mark Wahlberg could not save this film. He barely managed to be mildly convincing in his earnestness to save his daughter from all the evil humans and machines. Admittedly, this in itself could be considered quite a feat given the incredulous stupidity of what constituted a plot. Family discovers Autobot. Everyone wants to kill Autobot and family. They fail. Autobots save family. Family saves Autobots. Rinse and repeat.

What the first film had, and the third one at times achieved, were Autobots with whom the audience could at least identify. This movie utterly lacked any semblance of the rapport that Shea LaBeouf had established with Bumblebee in the previous films. Here Bumblebee was little more than a caricature. Optimus was dogmatic and stifled. All the machines, the Autobots most especially, were for the lack of a better word, soulless. The movie would have been improved by removing all human/machine interactions. When a Transformers movie would be better without any Transformers in it, then that in itself is sad statement.
  9. Aug 14, 2014
    Not that great. Felt more emotion out of the Autobots rather than the humans. Stanley Tucci was nice surprise, and so was TJ Miller's character (he's an actual comedian).
    In summary, maybe rent if nothing else is better, or you like the series, otherwise you can skip this one.
  10. Aug 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie should win a oscar for the worst movie of the year it hardly makes any sense that ratchet got killed by the military and that optimus was killing humans the only good thing about this movie is the last 45 minutes it would've been the best of the series if the story if decepticons and autobots switched like to make ratchet kill the guy who killed him and ksi was making autobots and then the decepticons get jealous and then make a factory then big war blaa blaa blaa the point is the movies rubbish oh yeah and one thing why didn't steven speilberg not direct it?oh yeah and bmaster if your reading this I accidentally pressed disagree when I actually mean I liked it like whoops Expand
  11. Sep 23, 2014
    Its as bad as I expected, its Michael Bay so what did you expect? There is something wrong with you if you expected a 95 percent movie here.

The worst thing about this movie is that it took away the ONE thing Bay does well, big special effects loaded action scenes. The effects looked cheap in this one and there were very few transformers in it. Say what you will about him, he can do those like nobody else, its like all his talent is bunched up on that one thing.

There are still many thing I don't understand about the series like why the hell do they shoot bullets and throw physical grenades? They are robots, why don't they shoot lasers like on the show?

Movie logic issue, if these cheap new transformers turn into flying blocks when they transform then how are they killing them? They are like the T-1000 now so if you smash them can't they turn back into blocks then reform?

can they drop the whole bumble bee doesn't talk thing? that got old 10 minutes in.

biggest problem with the movie, the Dinobots... They are in 3 scenes, don't apear until almost the end, there are only 4 and they don't talk.
  12. Jul 31, 2014
    I loved the first film, the 2nd was bad but it was not that terrible compare to that one. Seriously? No scenario, the acting is really bad, why all people try to save that ugly thin girl? The boyfriend is useless, and the whole story make no sense.
  13. Sep 17, 2014
    What could have ended up being a pretty decent action film is ruined by the overly long run time and poorly put together plot. Very disappointing that Michael Bay was allowed to return, This could have been the film that they "rebooted" the series with should they have put another director in his place.
  14. Jul 13, 2014
    So disappointed with this movie. The first three were mediocre and I was hoping for a better character connection than Shia La'boeuf gave us. BOY WAS I SO WRONG! Mark Wahlberg's character development was horrid as for his daughter's acting and development is even worse. Her boyfriend doesn't seem to make such stand in this movie, as for we don't get much dialogue from him leaving out theSo disappointed with this movie. The first three were mediocre and I was hoping for a better character connection than Shia La'boeuf gave us. BOY WAS I SO WRONG! Mark Wahlberg's character development was horrid as for his daughter's acting and development is even worse. Her boyfriend doesn't seem to make such stand in this movie, as for we don't get much dialogue from him leaving out the cliche cheesy jokes he makes.

The movie is way too f****ng long, standing at about 3 hours. The CGI does make up for whatever the hell is going on, as for there are over 3 stories going on at once. Also, I am a HUGE fan of Transformers G1 and I got to say, I don't remember Galvatron being a truck.

The Dinobots only show up in the last 20 minutes also, and I didn't really understand why Grimlock didn't talk either, as for I remember him talking in G1. And for the last of my review, the Dinobots scene was confusing and painful to watch.

This movie was a major let down and I feel bad that people spent their money to go watch this in the theaters.

Michael Bay, 'nuff said.
  15. Nov 10, 2014
  16. Aug 17, 2014
    Michael Bay..... go **** yourself. You think this is "entertainment." Then I guess ramming my **** in a blender and slamming th puree button is just a BLAST!! This was probably the worst experience I've ever had in a theater. I hated everything about this movie and as this trainwreck tugged along at a GLACIAL pace, my hatred for the people involved with the "film" and the people in myMichael Bay..... go **** yourself. You think this is "entertainment." Then I guess ramming my **** in a blender and slamming th puree button is just a BLAST!! This was probably the worst experience I've ever had in a theater. I hated everything about this movie and as this trainwreck tugged along at a GLACIAL pace, my hatred for the people involved with the "film" and the people in my audience who were clapping, laughing and cheering grew to the point of pure fury. 2/10 - Abysmal. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2014
    "Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

"Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

The Good: The human cast is an improvement over the previous casts. While they were mostly in the way, they were at least mostly tolerable. The story, at least initially, wasn't bad. A black ops mission to kill all Transformers, while convincing the public/government that they are only hunting evil Decepticons, was promising. Kelsey Grammar was excellent as the film's human antagonist. When the Dinobots (finally) show up, it is a pretty amazing spectacle.

The Bad: First off, the film clocks in at just under THREE HOURS. That is three hours of bombastic Micheal Bay action and at around the 1:15 mark, the decent story falls apart and becomes silly. Revolving around a rare mineral called "Transformiam" (I kid you not), we watch as Bay re-creates the first three films with the same scenes, same action sequences, and same silly dialogue. I'll give him credit, the potty humor was gone ... but Bay couldn't help but interject a series of one-liners from every character's mouth regardless of the situation. As in the previous installments, the robot villains are mostly drones devoid of any sort of personality and the overwhelming majority of them are targets that seem to explode on contact. Also, as usual once again, the humans seem invincible and had no problem jumping into a battle involving anywhere from 3 to 20 robots leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. I can suspend belief to an extent, but our heroes survived crashes, long falls, explosions, shrapnel, repeated hails of bullets, and all out attacks from Decepticons. Give me a break. Moderately better than the last two Transformers films, the fourth installment is just as messy, boring, and disappointing as it's predecessors. Bay clearly does not care about the mythology or story behind the Autobots and Decepticons and is simply using the license to make a horrible robot/alien invasion film. Purists and fans of the source material will once again walk away shaking their heads.
  18. Sep 27, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the king meaningless trash. Unbearable length, endless action sequences, no story at all, way below average acting and a director that simply doesn't understand how to make a film.
  19. Oct 31, 2014
    This was simply the worst pile of garbage I have ever seen. This series in General has been nothing but a cash grab followed by poor editing, poor writing, bland stories, and plastic characters. 10 Minutes of dinobots and 90 minutes of daddy Daughter nonsense and 40 minutes of product shots.
  20. Jan 1, 2015
    A 2 hour 45 minute slow motion explosion fest mixed with extremely poor dialogue and as many shots of women in short shorts as possible. To sum it up a Michael Bay movie. D
  21. Dec 13, 2014
    Another million dollar waste. These Transformer films are all the same, massive budgets and lacklustre revenue. The story is poor, the characters are poor, the idea that a fourth instalment is acceptable is poor. Nothing about it sets it apart from previous instalments convincingly. The use of CGI is incredible, but misplaced, within an unworthwhile production that nobody will evenAnother million dollar waste. These Transformer films are all the same, massive budgets and lacklustre revenue. The story is poor, the characters are poor, the idea that a fourth instalment is acceptable is poor. Nothing about it sets it apart from previous instalments convincingly. The use of CGI is incredible, but misplaced, within an unworthwhile production that nobody will even remotely remember. Expand
  22. Jan 30, 2015
    How can a movie about giant transforming robots shooting each other in the face be BORING?! It truly takes a master to fail so bad, that he could make a movie where after what feels like 4 hours of explosions leaves me snoozing in my seat.
    insanely dull and prolonged. 1/10
  23. Jul 27, 2014
    I thought this was a meh. confusing story and character development and it was just too long. I got motion sick near the end. but DA F@#$N' DINOBOTS WERE AWESOME
  24. Aug 19, 2014
    This movie is just sooooooooo bad that I'm actually writing a review for it the acting is bad the jokes are bad the writing is bad even mark walberg is bad in this film. I'm glad Michael bay is done with the transformers films I hope ninja turtles isn't as bad as this film. The lesson is that you shouldn't see this movie.
  25. Oct 9, 2014
    2 words. Michael Bay.
    If you like having your whole childhood ruined go watch this movie.
    If you don't really care, Go wild! (Even though i don't suggest it)
  26. Jul 20, 2014
    Thank god for the robots as the actors with a sub-standard script nearly ruin the movie!

Bay - you dont have to only use lambos, paganis and other supercars - theres plenty of classics out there without (as an earlier reviewer said) choosing your cars like you choose your female actors - that being purely on looks with no substance! The movie dragged on too long to shoehorn pointless

The movie dragged on too long to shoehorn pointless scenes in to what is a chaotic plot which struggles to keep coherence.

Whilst we all accept a but of "unrealism" - Motorbike stunts which would leave people with broken limbs, flying vehicles crashing which would leave (unbelted/secured) passengers with a broken neck along with wahlbergs repeated whiney "i love my daughter you're all that matters to me" makes getting through the first half of the movie hard work.

When wahlberg proceeds to use his men-in-black style cricket gun to obliterate enemies that optimus can't seem to dent with his sword I gave up on hoping for the movie to redeem itself.

Frasier shouldnt have been in the cast - again another character who repeats his mantra, this one being "ive worked 20years for my country, i have no money now i want to get paid" - I would have preferred to have seen him killed off half an hour in.

Stanley Tuccis unfortunate role as an ironic "poor-mans" tony stark billionaire attempt - his bipolar switch from greedy millionaire to selfless goofy romantic is really sloppy and non-nonsensical.

I love good action scenes but the last hour left you with action-fatigue as bay rams in as many locations and city obliterating weapons as he can.

galvatron was the main threat when his 50+ bots start trashing Hong Kong, but then we switch to the bounty hunter for the rest of the movie, galvatron must take a coffee break for half an hour because he doesnt seem to get involved until after the autobots deal with the bounty hunter...

For the next one bay - stick with 95% transformers as your cast or spend a bit more on the script before this franchise drops off a cliff.
  27. Jul 22, 2014
    I joined Metacritic purely so I could rate this latest pile of nonsense from Mr Bay. Even Dark of the Moon had a couple of decent moments during its bum numbing running time but now he has hit a real low. This is by far the worst of his films (I love Armageddon and The Rock). The plot is overblown and the running time far too long. I actually fell asleep at one stage (at about 5.50 pm) FarI joined Metacritic purely so I could rate this latest pile of nonsense from Mr Bay. Even Dark of the Moon had a couple of decent moments during its bum numbing running time but now he has hit a real low. This is by far the worst of his films (I love Armageddon and The Rock). The plot is overblown and the running time far too long. I actually fell asleep at one stage (at about 5.50 pm) Far worst still is the script and I quote Male lead to 17 year old female love interest "Take hold of the stick (gear stick), she's the best at it". Stanley Tucci (shame on you Mr Tucci) has replaced Ken Jeong in the annoying slapstick role. Finally the picture quality looked positively Low Definition compared to the Planet of the Apes 3D. Expand
  28. Jul 29, 2014
    I thought this one couldnt get any worse than the first trilogy. It did. I actually liked the first movie, every of the next was absolutely crap. If you want to have the same effect for less money you can watch a 3 hrs TV-AD of all these famous, expensive brands, where everything explodes. Wahlberg was ok, his daughter gorgeous.
  29. Aug 5, 2014
    I wasn't even going to bother rating this movie, But people out there have to be warned about this god awful lump of trash. Michael Bay is better than this.
  30. Oct 5, 2014
    This is the same writing like in in the last 3 movies. At least The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was better.
    everything about it is wrong. Bland characters, bland dialog, horrible CG I, TOO MUCH EXPLOSIONS!!!,
  31. Nov 27, 2014
    This is a new low even for Michael Bay. This is the worst movie I've seen all year and worst of all, it's NO DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER THREE. Michael Bay gives us the same exact movie and at this point, stop making these cash grabs! This is a terrible movie!
  32. Jan 5, 2015
    How do you think this film turned out? Bad. Its not as annoying as the second one but it is a bore nonetheless. It has all the problems that the previous films have had but they are even more prevalent this time around and it doesn’t help that this film is ridiculously long making the whole lot of nothing overstay its welcome even more. This film makes me feel empty and lifeless. The newHow do you think this film turned out? Bad. Its not as annoying as the second one but it is a bore nonetheless. It has all the problems that the previous films have had but they are even more prevalent this time around and it doesn’t help that this film is ridiculously long making the whole lot of nothing overstay its welcome even more. This film makes me feel empty and lifeless. The new cast adds nothing to the film since they lack as much character as the characters in the previous films. Unless you are a die-hard Transformers fan and loved the previous films then you should definitely skip this one. Expand
  33. Jul 29, 2014
    Although not quite as spectacularly abysmal as Dark of the Moon, Age of Extinction really is one of the worst movies I`ve seen this year. It features, as one might have expected, entirely unbelievable characters engaging in entirely unbelievable activities while saying entirely unbelievable things for entirely too long.
    So to camouflage this sad state of affairs the movie has been
    So to camouflage this sad state of affairs the movie has been attempted drowned in CGI effects, loud noises, whizbangs, pointless romance, a pointless and entirely unbelievable father-daughter intrigue and about three moments of comic relief. Most of the time you spend staring at the screen in a futile attempt to notice all the unbelievable things going on there.
    What really did this one in for me though was how entirely unrealistic it all was. In scene after scene all the protagonists have near death experiences, yet nobody is so much as lightly injured, with one early exception. One scene in particular just broke new ground for lack of realism, when it had three people balancing down some anchor chains, 80 floors up, then being attacked by robotic dogs while doing it and then having all the chains gradually cut, before they were caught in mid-fall by a transformers robot which then slid down the entire facade of a skyscraper while holding them in its hands. As this ludicrous scene ends they simply walk out of the hand of the transformer unscathed, and immediately go back to being in love for no apparent reason, assuring each other that they admire each other and somehow, magically, becoming proficient warriors, after having spent their lives in a barn inventing beer-fetching robots.
    After this of course nothing can save the movie, and it goes from ridiculous scene to ridiculous dialogue line for what in the end seems like an eternity. With the notable exception of The "Amazing" Spider Man this is the worst movie I have seen this year I think, and I wouldn`t recommend it to my worst enemy. Only watch this if you usually love terrible movies.
  34. Jul 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As an Michael Bay action movie, nobody could expect a serious story line, but it would be nice if we had at least some resemblance of a story, and that said story made as much sense as it could in context of fighting robots.
    Instead we have characters with no personality, no history, no context and are there merely to give the Transformers a bad guy to kill.
    The whole concept of the seed makes no sense, and conflicts with the concept of the All Spark from the earlier movies. You don't transformium to make transformers, you just need the all spark.

So, does the action save this film. No, not really. Nothing outstanding in the action stakes. Completelty forgettable scenes and nothing that stands out.

All in all, save your money
  35. Nov 11, 2014
    Watch the Honest trailers and Everything wrong with videos on youtube regarding Transformers Age Of Extinction that's all I can say................Bye
  36. Dec 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ratchet dies. . Expand
  37. Oct 15, 2014
    I swear I've seen this movie 3 other times before...

This game was hyped by the introduction of the dinobots, but they only make an appearance in the last 20 minutes of the film, and barely showcase anything that makes them special or unique. So much of this movie makes little sense to me. Like why is Optimus Prime being injured a big deal when all he needs to do is scan a passing
    I swear I've seen this movie 3 other times before...

So much of this movie makes little sense to me. Like why is Optimus Prime being injured a big deal when all he needs to do is scan a passing truck and become shiny and new again?

UGH. It pains me that this movie made money. LOTS of money. It means Micheal Bay thinks he did something right, and we are in for another 2 installments of this crap...at least.
  38. Dec 19, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the worst movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the most boring movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is one of the longest movies I've ever watched. It's running time rivals The Lord of the Rings movies. I absolutely hate Transformers: Age of Extinction.The only thing I liked about this movie was seeing MarkTransformers: Age of Extinction is the worst movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the most boring movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is one of the longest movies I've ever watched. It's running time rivals The Lord of the Rings movies. I absolutely hate Transformers: Age of Extinction.The only thing I liked about this movie was seeing Mark Wahlberg act and thinking about how he would make the perfect Nathan Drake. But of course something like that would not get me to budge from a 0/10. Oh, and what makes this movie even worse, is that I saw one of my favourite movies of all time in the next week! Transformers: Age of Extinction will always be my least favourite movie of all time until death! Expand
  39. Feb 11, 2015
    Terrible movie. No plot, horrible acting (except Wahlberg) and bad screenplay and too damn long! Once again, Michael Bay delivers a blow to childhood memories
  40. Jul 22, 2014
    This is the worst film I have seen in years. How someone can turn a film with giant robots, dinosaurs, spaceships into the most drawn out boring rubbish is beyond me. pure dross.
  41. Nov 21, 2014
    Feeling tired when I see this movie. Michael Bay returns with his worn and dull formula, where we only see carcasses flying and explosions and battle scenes poorly made.
  42. Dec 23, 2014
    A marginal improvement on the last movie. Far, far, far too long. Most of the "human" element could easily of been cut. Wahlberg, Grammer and Tucci seem to be having fun in their roles and they make the movie a bit more bearable.

The plot is an interesting one, however is so drawn out it can be little hard to remain vested. A real, real shame how little the Dino-bots are in the movie, but when they are there, they are awesome.

The Autobots this time are a bit more flushed out and have a bit more personality. Likely because of how few of them there are. The villains on the other hand seem a bit disorganised in the focus. It seems Bay couldn't decide who the main villain should be, but concluded with an obvious tease to a sequel.

Overall:
    Transformers AOE isn't terrible, even a bit enjoyable at times, but it drags on so damn much that it really makes it hard to even try to like it.

Note to the Producers:
    If you make a movie intentionally long, be sure that the screen time is utilized properly. Also, quit making all your female leads look like pin-up hookers. Seriously, WTF? There's a fine line between hot and smut.
  43. Jan 8, 2015
    Well the good news is Age of Extinction isn't as offensive as Bay's previous Transformer outings.
    Though the trailers promised something different this time around: more focus on character than bang, Age of Extinction quickly becomes more of the same big screen megalomania we expect from Mr. Bay.
    Mass destruction, exceptionally incoherent and punishingly loud and long. Best watched in
    Mass destruction, exceptionally incoherent and punishingly loud and long.
    Best watched in several sittings, Age of Extinction is an exhausting piece of American excess.
  44. Jul 12, 2014
    Wow, what a total letdown! I thought this movie could be at least entertaining in that typical Michael Bay fashion. However, even Bay's love for over the top explosions has officially went sour. Not even the brand new cast could have saved any redeeming quality about this crap fest of explosions and sh*tty story telling. Literally the only good thing about the movie was the first 3 minutesWow, what a total letdown! I thought this movie could be at least entertaining in that typical Michael Bay fashion. However, even Bay's love for over the top explosions has officially went sour. Not even the brand new cast could have saved any redeeming quality about this crap fest of explosions and sh*tty story telling. Literally the only good thing about the movie was the first 3 minutes or so. After that, it all went down from there. If your a film lover, SAVE YOURSELF from this embarrassment! Overall, it's one of the worst if not the worst in the franchise thus far! I'm still debating between this and the second one! Either way, it gets an F for FAILURE! Expand
  45. Sep 29, 2014
    I was coming into this film with expectations of mildly liking it like "Revenge of the Fallen", but I can't give it a higher rating than the red label because of the stunning visual effects and the great action sequences. Other than that, this movie is nothing.
  46. Sep 30, 2014
    Don't think this will be much of a review rather a rant of just how HORRIBLE this movie really is. Well first things first like most other peoples problem with the movie is that its just too damn long, a movie made for kids doesn't need to have the running time of a Peter Jackson movie simple as that. I was pretty much on auto pilot after the first 40 minutes of the movie and that'sDon't think this will be much of a review rather a rant of just how HORRIBLE this movie really is. Well first things first like most other peoples problem with the movie is that its just too damn long, a movie made for kids doesn't need to have the running time of a Peter Jackson movie simple as that. I was pretty much on auto pilot after the first 40 minutes of the movie and that's actually when the movie starts to pick up. So my mind was pretty much drained of any knowledge at this point and now here comes the onslaught of explosions you'd expect from a Michael Bay movie but holy **** did it never end i mean seriously someone needs to do a cut of this movie and see just how much time is spent on explosions i bet that could be a movie in itself. Now for the plot of the movie.... well wait which one... the one were Megatron oh wait never mind its Galvatron wants to comeback rule again for the umpteenth time or its the one about "The Seed" and them needing to get rid of it so it doesn't explode killing millions of humans or is it the one were Lockdown is hunting autobots and killing them looking for Optimus Prime well whichever one it was they all where crap. I would have rather just liked to have seen Lockdown hunting down Optimus and the other autobots that would have been a way better movie.

All the human characters are completely forgettable and have some of the WORST dialog i have ever heard in a movie the back and forth between Cade (Mark Wahlberg) and his daughters boyfriend Shane (Jack Reynor) was some of the most cringeworthy stuff ever to say the least. Kelsey Grammer was annoying and his character was cliched to hell, Nicola Peltz and Stanley Tucci weren't bad but not good just forgettable. Bumblebee not speaking yet by the fourth film is just ridicules also it seemed like they tried to make him more like Skids and Mudflap in his voice reactions and it just didn't work at all. John Goodman as hound was actually one of the only things a liked about the movie i thought he did a really good voice over and his dialog wasn't bad which helped for sure. The effects were crap and a serious step down from previous installments the way the new transformers could construct and deconstruct themselves was some really bad cgi and so was being able to see the metal move around like liquid and make anything and turns into a Beats speaker pill thing which was some of the most shameless advertisement i have seen but it wasn't as bad as the single worst advertisement i have seen which was the Bud Light beer scene in the movie it was pointless other than to just show the product whats worse is that they even tried to be funny with it but it fails hard now i didn't hate the mountain dew transformer nor the Xbox 360 transformer advertisements in previous installments but these were just terrible.

I can go on for longer but i don't think that's necessary I've gotten my point across that i didn't like the movie.

Overall i give it a 4.0
  47. Jul 14, 2014
    Loud, incoherent, unnecessarily violent, and unbelievably simple-minded, Transformers: Age of Extinction is a 2 and a half-hour long headache that brings the franchise to a seemingly impossible all-new low.
  48. Oct 29, 2014
    Yet another disappointment from a transformers movie. It is just the same explosion after explosion and no story development what so ever. At least the vehicles are cool and Mark Walberg is good in it, other wise it would be a 0 from me.
  49. Aug 10, 2014
    It is interesting and shows a nice plot but when watching the movie it comes to something as simple as this; You can sleep during one hour of the movie and when you wake up, it'll be in the exact same scene: vileness and useless violence.
  50. Aug 9, 2014
    Amidst the too constant explosions this movie is lazy and boring in almost every way possible. This has to have been the worst movie i'v ever seen for the budget used. Crapping on storyline aside(movies have their own take on things thats the way it is) there is little redeeming content to this film. The human protagonists are little more than simple character tropes, the gaps in logic youAmidst the too constant explosions this movie is lazy and boring in almost every way possible. This has to have been the worst movie i'v ever seen for the budget used. Crapping on storyline aside(movies have their own take on things thats the way it is) there is little redeeming content to this film. The human protagonists are little more than simple character tropes, the gaps in logic you usually just chalk up to hey its a movie leave you feeling like your stupid or the director thinks your stupid, and the story is little more than action cliches strung together to make kinda sense. Who would have though the only thing keeping this string of farces from being wholly soulless was our shared hate for Shia Labeouf. Expand
  51. Oct 6, 2014
    " The Best GROUNDBREAKING Transformers film ever ". Every generation comes on by then a transformer movie releases and it has impressed me. Its 2014 Transformers get release so far the graphics are a perfection , I think that Erhen Krueger ( Co-Creator of Scream 3 also written the two previous transformers movies). Really made awesome transformers creatures realistic he was not the" The Best GROUNDBREAKING Transformers film ever ". Every generation comes on by then a transformer movie releases and it has impressed me. Its 2014 Transformers get release so far the graphics are a perfection , I think that Erhen Krueger ( Co-Creator of Scream 3 also written the two previous transformers movies). Really made awesome transformers creatures realistic he was not the reason that transformers was not a disappointment). Mark Whalberg as a dad also the girl form the" last airbender " Nicola Peltz as the daughter( she was not the reason i wanted to watched the T4 or Whaleberg). I wanted to watch it because i seen the trailer it got me interested in seeing this movie. So far Shia LeoBouf is not returning i do not know what to say he was good in the Transformers Trilogy also he was in basically in the war with optimus fighting the bad robots ( By the way he will not be returning for Transformers 5). Mark Whalberg replaced him which was something that Transformers needed he was outstanding in this film with that weird alien gun and actually fighting with it and doing things that was able to do in the war his performance was a great conflict between decipticons , war with the anti Transformers humans. I am glad megan fox was in this film she is not hot she is just a stereotype character who loves motor cycles and stripping on it. LeBouf well he his performance in Revenge in fallen , Dark Moon and the 2007 Transformers were pretty awesome which was an A+ performance. There are few stereotypes in this movie were the daughter has a secret boyfriend which the dad never knew about every father and daughter drama movie does that DING DING DING !. also where the girl gets caught in the ship with prime and all she did was scream and bang glass DING DING DING !!!!!!!!!!!! #stereotype. Thats whats Rosie Hunginton Whiteley did in Dark moon. Micheal Bay did it AGAIN !!!!!!! adds stereotypes to his films. Its Micheal Bay's fourth time directing the installement to the transformer series. Which he made T4 awesome and good direction and good adventure for bay directing. i reconsider directing transformers 5.Grade A+ Expand
  52. chw
    Mar 12, 2015
    The fourth installment should not have been made, not even if it was directed by somebody like Martin Scorsese. There are so many clichés, but that's not the point. In the fourth installment, nothing's the POINT. It's pointless!
  53. Nov 18, 2014
    This movie shows clearly that the Transformers movie series has reached its limits and has nothing else to offer. Same formula as the others with the twist of Autobots and humans now being enemies. The new Autobot's design is very bad and none of them are likeable, I find them all very annoying. Same goes for the human protagonists. A complete lack of charisma.
  54. Oct 24, 2014
    Wow, this movie sucked. I liked Transformers 1 and 3 quite a bit and I was expecting to like this one. For a start the run time is atleast 20 minutes too long for a Transformers movie, the humans are really weak, even worse than Sam. This movie was written by the guy who wrote TF 2 in 2009 and it shows. The writing is **** dredfull.
    3/10 only because some of the action was pretty cool.
  55. Jan 11, 2015
    Bay once again butchers another franchise.

I could not believe what i was actually watching. The only interesting thing in this film was the transformers. The rest utterly stunk.

Whats bay going to come up with next transformer love story's ?.

2/10.

Disappointed.
  56. Aug 3, 2014
    A movie you can watch quietly, has great special effects, but then you finish watching the movie, you realize how many flaws this film has, and this greatly diminishes his review of the movie.
  57. Oct 5, 2014
    When you think of Transformers, you think of awesome CGI and big explosions right? Age Of Extinction has those, but in a very, very long dragged out 2 hour and 45 min movie. Lets start out by saying the acting is terrible, there is a funny character at the beginning, but the comedy dies down after the first 25 minutes and things start to get boring, with suckish plot twists and no aim whatWhen you think of Transformers, you think of awesome CGI and big explosions right? Age Of Extinction has those, but in a very, very long dragged out 2 hour and 45 min movie. Lets start out by saying the acting is terrible, there is a funny character at the beginning, but the comedy dies down after the first 25 minutes and things start to get boring, with suckish plot twists and no aim what so ever for plot or character development this is just a long waste of time. 3/10 Expand
  58. Jul 16, 2014
    Transformers: age of extinction - a bitter disappointment. usually I a quite a fan of Michael Bay's moving camera and grand action sequences with lots of explosions but I can't help but feel this time he has gone a little too far. with the new introduction with Mark Wahlberg was a good move for this series as he brings a more action role to the movie however the other additions was leftTransformers: age of extinction - a bitter disappointment. usually I a quite a fan of Michael Bay's moving camera and grand action sequences with lots of explosions but I can't help but feel this time he has gone a little too far. with the new introduction with Mark Wahlberg was a good move for this series as he brings a more action role to the movie however the other additions was left a little flat with barely any back story and no chemistry between the daughter and alleged driving boyfriend. over all I i would not recommend this film it leaves a bad taste in your mouth for watching it, however i will still watch the next follow up if there ever will be another transformers film. Expand
  59. Jul 14, 2014
    Okay, Optimus Prime is back! Lots of components were added to the film, just like the new 'dinobots'. However, this is the sad part: the film has about 3 hours of boring and, somehow, clichéd scenes. Your first desire in the first 40 minutes is to go home and leave the film behind. The first " epic robot transformation" happens after these dull 40 minutes and it is when the film tries toOkay, Optimus Prime is back! Lots of components were added to the film, just like the new 'dinobots'. However, this is the sad part: the film has about 3 hours of boring and, somehow, clichéd scenes. Your first desire in the first 40 minutes is to go home and leave the film behind. The first " epic robot transformation" happens after these dull 40 minutes and it is when the film tries to hold you a bit longer on your seats. In a nutshell, the story has no sense whatsoever; there are only fights scenes and nonsense explosions amongst robots, a chin-up teenager girl and her father trying to afford a better life, and unfortunately, the story goes on. Unless you want to get bored quickly, I recommend you to try another film. Expand
  60. Jul 17, 2014
    Had great expectations, waited almost an year and to be frank enough, it was one of the greatest disappointments i have had. Poor storyline, well keeping aside the basic contents that are common in all the movies, the script lacks a backbone. Few good action sequences and the graphics(which is quite remarkable) are the the only positive points i can raise after watching this movie. NotHad great expectations, waited almost an year and to be frank enough, it was one of the greatest disappointments i have had. Poor storyline, well keeping aside the basic contents that are common in all the movies, the script lacks a backbone. Few good action sequences and the graphics(which is quite remarkable) are the the only positive points i can raise after watching this movie. Not many expectations for the sequel after this. Expand
  61. Jul 23, 2014
    This movie sounded like a videogame instead of an action movie. I was victim of lotsa cliches, a generic plot, AND A UNBELIVEABLE AMOUNT OF EXPLOSIONS!
    This movie sounded like an amateur invention. The other three were much better.
    I went direct to my Games folder on Windows after watching it. At least I can do a lot more.
    Transformers is exhausted. It can't continue anymore.
  62. Jul 29, 2014
    It could be a fun action movie but it just goes on and on and on. I'm of the type to see a movie whether or not it has good reviews if it seems like a fun movie. Transformer movies tend to be silly and not masterpieces by any definition but at least fun. The plot seemed to have holes in it or they hand waved everything in a moment's notice so you didn't catch all the explanations. TheIt could be a fun action movie but it just goes on and on and on. I'm of the type to see a movie whether or not it has good reviews if it seems like a fun movie. Transformer movies tend to be silly and not masterpieces by any definition but at least fun. The plot seemed to have holes in it or they hand waved everything in a moment's notice so you didn't catch all the explanations. The 'Asian' autobot seemed like a stupid and honestly racist addition and few characters seemed to have any decent character building. Expand
  63. Jan 3, 2015
    My opinion of this... "movie" has only deteriorated over time. The effects are actually WORSE than the previous installments, and the acting is also downright awful. I would give praise to Walberg and Tucci's performances, but they played characters so generic and cliché that it completely undermined their acting talent. In addition, there is an ABSURD amount of obnoxious productMy opinion of this... "movie" has only deteriorated over time. The effects are actually WORSE than the previous installments, and the acting is also downright awful. I would give praise to Walberg and Tucci's performances, but they played characters so generic and cliché that it completely undermined their acting talent. In addition, there is an ABSURD amount of obnoxious product placement. It's almost as obnoxious as if you're watching a huge battle scene, and then one of the characters randomly turns to the camera, holds up a Bud Lite, and says some corny line ending in "Drink Bud Lite!" In fact, it actually almost does that in once scene. On to the dialog. It is so poorly written that I almost laughed at one point. Optimus is beating the crap out of the massive Dinobot Transformer who is supposedly Grimlock (even though he submits in under a minute) where Optimus yells out, "We're giving you freedom!" and then a few seconds later, when he has mounted Grimlock (Yes, mounted), he scrapes his sword against Grimlock's face saying, "Defend my family, or die." Being forced to do something doesn't quite sound like freedom to me. Speaking of, there are Dinobots in this movie... I think. If they are, they're only in it for the last twenty minutes or so with about six minutes of total screen time, and their names are never spoken of once (hence why I said he was supposedly Grimlock; they never even tell you his name in the movie). Not to mention that some don't even look like Dinobots; a few look like botched genetic experiment involving lizards that got a few tons of rusty metal welded onto their bodies. Did I mention the plot is idiotic and a complete copy/paste from the previous installments? My last criticism, is the run time. This movie has all the content you'd expect from a Michael Bay Transformers wet dream (ten explosions per second, battle scenes erupting around random hot girl extras, an UNDERAGE girl for the movie's main hot chick, and a moronic plot), and seemingly has the length of a Lord of the Rings film. Also, don't just look at me and say, "Oh you're just a guy who jumped on the Michael Bay hate bandwagon", because I'm not. I'm one of the few people willing to go on record saying that I liked Dark of the Moon. That being said, I hope it carries some considerable weight when I say that this is an awful film. Lastly, to those defending this garbage and saying that people who dislike it just don't know how to have fun with movies or some other stupid derogatory insult (seriously, I saw this one guy who said people giving this negative reviews should be hung), quit lying to yourself and realize that there are these things called opinions. In addition, you can't say that this is good if it lived up to your expectations. If you go in expecting this kind of crap and you get it, that still doesn't make it good. That just means it was what you were expecting; they're two completely different things. If it lived up to your expectations of being an explosions-fest with wooden characters you don't care about, you still can't say it's better or even as good as an action movie with good characters, good dialog, good acting, and a good story. This has none of those.

Verdict - 2.3/10
    Seriously though, the things some of these 'positive' reviews say just make me lose faith in humanity.
  64. Aug 2, 2014
    This movie was simply...alright. It wasn't anything we haven't seen so far and nothing in the movie shows me that Michael Bay has done nothing to innovate the series. The saddest thing is that he won't learn. The movie will make tons of money, and he will release Transformers 5, which will also make tons of money. Rinse and Repeat. I do like that they tried to rejuvenate the series with aThis movie was simply...alright. It wasn't anything we haven't seen so far and nothing in the movie shows me that Michael Bay has done nothing to innovate the series. The saddest thing is that he won't learn. The movie will make tons of money, and he will release Transformers 5, which will also make tons of money. Rinse and Repeat. I do like that they tried to rejuvenate the series with a new cast, as Mark Wahlberg is leagues better than Shia. His character is a lot more likable than Sam. A new villain in Lockdown, and actually, before I realized they were going to just rehash Megatron again, I really liked him. He was actually pretty menacing. Other than a new villain and cast, Transformers 4 does nothing to set itself apart from the other movies and makes me question why I spend money on these movies. Expand
  65. Aug 4, 2014
    Yep, its a Transformers movie. Being in the Army, i had nothing better to do with my Sunday off, so it was good for killing time. They should probably go ahead and stop continuing these slo-mo abusing auto-bots.
  66. Jan 7, 2015
    I thought the first 3 Transformer movies ranged from "good" to "OK." I had hope for better when I heard there was a new cast and new Transformer designs, but this is far, far worse. The plot and editing are non-sensical. I rented this through Netflix and literally stopped watching 2/3 of the way through because it was so terrible. I have never done that before. I give it a 1 only forI thought the first 3 Transformer movies ranged from "good" to "OK." I had hope for better when I heard there was a new cast and new Transformer designs, but this is far, far worse. The plot and editing are non-sensical. I rented this through Netflix and literally stopped watching 2/3 of the way through because it was so terrible. I have never done that before. I give it a 1 only for the amazing special effects and I don't believe in giving 0's. Expand
  67. Sep 15, 2014
    No. Just no. Don't watch it. What a waste of time and money. The only thing that's worth your money while watching this movie will be the popcorn in the theatre.
  68. Oct 2, 2014
    Actually, this is the worst of the four, and it´s in my top ten worst movies of the year, terrible, boring, uncreative, predictable, and incredibly but incerdibly... stupid, and the reason of all this is: the over-known ending, Optimu´s immortality, boring and not-funny script, obviously story, and the unnecessary over-expendable fight scenes... and dinosaurs.
  69. Dec 24, 2014
    Just hit mute and fast forward to the fight scenes. The acting is worse then a B movie terror flick on the Scifi channel. The only redeeming value are the graphics and action
  70. Oct 7, 2014
    Please let this franchise die....... Special Effects were awesome, story, acting and pretty much everything else just sucked! This movie has brought down the entire franchise, it has officially Jumped the Shark with this pile of garbage.
  71. Oct 12, 2014
    Whoever did the sound design for this movie, probably has no job now. It is so bad that miscued clicks and clanks, reloads and movements, will immediately jerk you out of the movie, over and over. On the other hand Extinction does have some decent fight scenes, but they aren't as polished as the previous Transformer films, (meaning they include graphical glitches and tearing, lowWhoever did the sound design for this movie, probably has no job now. It is so bad that miscued clicks and clanks, reloads and movements, will immediately jerk you out of the movie, over and over. On the other hand Extinction does have some decent fight scenes, but they aren't as polished as the previous Transformer films, (meaning they include graphical glitches and tearing, low resolution textures, and an overall CGI quality that makes the entire movie seem less alive.). In a film that is all about Autobots vs.Bad Transformers with Decepticon Brains, this isn't something you can afford to fail at executing in any way. Speaking of transformers, those big guys do have some very good bits of voice acting, a lot coming from John Goodman and a little coming from Peter Cullen, John Dimaggio, Ken, Reno, and crew. That single fact made me care about their survival, These few voice-actors might be the only real strong point of Extinction. Luckily now this film is on Blu-ray, so you can rent it, and then skip through the 50%-%60 of the film that should have never made it out of the editing room. The film is well-over an hour too long! Mark Walhberg tries but his character feels out of place here. The rest of the cast, including Nicola Peltz from The Bates Motel; All have very little depth and are all very weakly established. I literally hated the painful lack of chemistry among the actors so much, it made me wish they would be replaced by the previous cast. Yes, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox would have done better. Oh.. and on top of all that, Kelsey Grammer gives a particularly off-base performance and Micheal Bay made another terrible movie, they should both earn Raspberry Nominations for this. The film is horrifically debilitated and cliche. In one word it is, 'Extinct. Be thankful for that. Expand
  72. Oct 16, 2014
    -Pathetically stupid story
    -Laughable acting
    -You would wish all he human characters would just kill themselves -Generic Stupid bad guys (cant aim/always hesitate to shoot) -Bad guys cooler than autobots but stupid which is sad (as always) -Stupid people in movie keep calling giant human robots that speak english and act the same way as humans aliens...(im pretty sure xenomorphs feel
    -Pathetically stupid story
    -Laughable acting
    -You would wish all he human characters would just kill themselves
    -Generic Stupid bad guys (cant aim/always hesitate to shoot)
    -Bad guys cooler than autobots but stupid which is sad (as always)
    -Stupid people in movie keep calling giant human robots that speak english and act the same way as humans aliens...(im pretty sure xenomorphs feel insulted)
    -Stupid blonde survives unfortunately despite being incredibly stupid
    -fat autobot calls alien ugly (oh the irony..)
    -Good action
    -Decepticons look awesome as always

Overall its **** filled with lots of 'WHY THE **** moments from me but still worth watching cause and ONLY cause of the action..and dinobots.....

Do yourself a favor and just download it for free at torrent or something because its not worth your money and you can skip the **** of a storyline
  73. Oct 18, 2014
    The fourth installment of the blockbuster franchise stars Mark Wahlberg as he finds Optimus Prime and the other autobots in order to stop Megatron and his army.
  74. Nov 26, 2014
    i can't believe michael bay is getting away with just throwing the same rubbish that i din't like the first time on screen over and over again. it was too long ,too dumb and once again relayed too hard on it's special effects over telling a story. It's the worst film 2014 for me in so many ways and i'm convinced mark walhberg is trying to kill his career. oh and bay just because you pointi can't believe michael bay is getting away with just throwing the same rubbish that i din't like the first time on screen over and over again. it was too long ,too dumb and once again relayed too hard on it's special effects over telling a story. It's the worst film 2014 for me in so many ways and i'm convinced mark walhberg is trying to kill his career. oh and bay just because you point out what you're doing is painful and stupid doesn't make it any less painful and stupid Expand
  75. Nov 2, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction lacks in originality, an interesting narrative or any sense of empathy towards the characters. The focus is on how much bigger the special effects can get from the previous film, evident in the emergence of the Dinobots in this film (which were definitely cool). However this does not warrant the absolute lack of any proper story, especially so when the filmTransformers: Age of Extinction lacks in originality, an interesting narrative or any sense of empathy towards the characters. The focus is on how much bigger the special effects can get from the previous film, evident in the emergence of the Dinobots in this film (which were definitely cool). However this does not warrant the absolute lack of any proper story, especially so when the film is bloated with tons of fight scenes with nothing remotely intellectually stimulating. Expand
  76. Nov 4, 2014
    Otra película de Transformers??? ¿de verdad? analicemos un poco las anteriores
    Transformers: Muy bien hecha, la historia, los efectos y las secuencias de acción son entretenidas y muy bien hechas (la mejor de todas)
    Otra película de Transformers??? ¿de verdad? analicemos un poco las anteriores
    Transformers 2: Es increíble como la primera película es una excelente adaptación, si hubieran respetado el mismo estilo que la primera parte, no hubieran caído tan bajo, repleta de chistes malos, trama aburrida y lo unico que recuerdo es como un robot se follaba la pierna de Megan Fox
    Transformers 3: Mas de lo mismo pero con una duración de casi 3 horas...
    Transformers 4: MAS, MAS MAS Y MAS DE LO MISMO!
    la historia: aburrida, floja, sin chiste, lo unico llamativo son los efectos (Que en esta son cansados hasta morir) muchas explosiones, (Michael explosiones locas Bay) cansan, los chistes son tontos, dan pena, y su duración eterna hacen que sea insoportable.
  77. Nov 22, 2014
    Mark Wahlberg didn't help at all by replacing Shia LaBeouf as the protagonist. He possibly made the franchise worse. I'm starting to think that it's not the actor, but the writers and director, that should be replaced.
  78. Mar 30, 2015
    This film epitomizes commercialism over art, and that's the reason I hate it. The film as a film is terrible, the poor is incoherent, the film is loaded with dumb humor, poorly developed characters, terrible dialogue, laughable acting, and even more explosions in slow motion. All of this plus the fact that it feels like an almost 3 hour bud light commercial, is why I hate it.
  79. Dec 21, 2014
    Despite good visual effects,the movie suffers from the plot and too much fight scenes that one question that you'll always ask "What The **** is Happening?".This yet the dumbest ,most incoherent Transformers movie Yet.
  80. Dec 27, 2014
    I love Transformers, dearly, always have done. I have the Decepticon logo tattooed on my hand. If that's not a statement, what is?
    Visually great, always is with Michael Bays movies, but the cast!? Mark Walhberg clearly wasn't the correct character for the part. It shows. For 165 minutes.
    It pains me to say that Shia LaBeouf controlled a much stronger, interesting, witty lead role. Mark Walhbergs character is just all around lack-luster, he's not interesting nor funny, neither charismatic or confident.
    For me, the movie fell apart entirely once they unveiled the Dinobots, I had waited many, many years to see Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl and Swoop on the silver screen but according to my partner, I was asleep. I'm sure they looked pretty nice though.
    The only thing this movie had going for it was visuals.
    The things the movie did NOT have going for it; Cast, Dialogue, Story, Ambition.

Go watch 2; Revenge of the Fallen.
    or the G1 animated series from the 80's.
  81. Jan 4, 2015
    Just no...................................................................................................................................................................
  82. Jan 12, 2015
    Michael Bay brings to us another installment of the Transformers saga, which, once again, is everything that he has to offer. This time, it's been five years since the disaster in Chicago, and humanity is afraid of both Autobots and Decepticons, hunting them, but, again, humans and Autobots must fight together to save the Earth from its imminent destruction.
    This movie is too long, and
    This movie is too long, and it’s only recommend for anyone who wants to sit through two hours and 46 minutes of action, lots of explosions, and a silly and repetitive story.
  83. Mar 10, 2015
    Oh my god this movie was 3 hours long!!. The movie is about the government has decided to cut all ties with Autobots. They may be forgotten - but they are not gone - and a mechanic and his daughter discover one of the most powerful of the Autobots in their possession and it ignites a full-blown showdown between the Decepticons, Autobots and the government. This movie has terrible lookingOh my god this movie was 3 hours long!!. The movie is about the government has decided to cut all ties with Autobots. They may be forgotten - but they are not gone - and a mechanic and his daughter discover one of the most powerful of the Autobots in their possession and it ignites a full-blown showdown between the Decepticons, Autobots and the government. This movie has terrible looking visual effect's and the characters are forgettable as always. The only good thing in this movie is Optimus prime and Mark Wahlberg, but anything else is crap. Expand
  84. Apr 7, 2015
    Michael Bay for sure had blew away more than we can suffer on his table of torturous Ka-Boom!
    an insult to a generation which tends to have you vomiting on your popcorn and choking to the point you won't be talking for days

Director Michael Bay has returned and has officially ruined the Transformers franchise by taking a much larger tsunami dump into his faltered grade B- trilogy with a solid grade F reboot fourth installment

the film had more lazy direction that you can notice most of the scenes weren't visually edited, more explosions, domestic violence that will scar your kids for life, more of Bay's signature explosive trademarks, hot girls with no shred of shame or morality, more favorite autobot deaths, gory retribution, new but unimpressingly lame Autobot characters, and probably Mark Wahlberg's biggest mistake since The Happening, starring alongside alongside new Bay girl of the year Nicola Peltz from the much more painful the Last Airbender, the film is so bad they found a lazy excuse to cut the filming and shift the entire remainder of filming to Hong Kong (also in an unedited shot you can see the Chicago Sears Tower WHEN YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE IN HONG KONG!!) a terrible gimmick to get more money at the Box Office by buying foreign nations to buy the film by filming it in their country overseas, that as an average american viewer, you can't stop it from being an elaborate staged box office success

the franchise has suffered enough by the hands of the f@#% dyne-rector Bay who is probably the only director who gets away
  85. Oct 11, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is bland, boring, clunky and generic. The 'reboot' of the cast does nothing to shield the inevitable overlong Michael Bay money mayhem.
  86. Jul 11, 2014
    In the beginning I thought that was a just another action movie with a median story, but I realized that it was worse, the plot is horrible and there are a lot of holes that did not make sense, the film is too long and there is too many secondary characters that make everything more confuse. The action scenes are amazing and there are great special effects, but that's not enough.
  87. Jul 8, 2014
    It could have been a great movie, bit it FAILS ON EVERY LEVEL. Human characters are boring and cliché, plot doesnt make sense, even hardcore fans will admit is confussing, action sequences dont bring anything new. please dont waste your money
  88. Jul 10, 2014
    I went to the cinema expecting to watch a bad movie, and Michael Bay did it, he makes an art of doing bad movies, cool explosions thought. No, no really, even the explosions were bad, as well as the characters and the dialogs. A very bad movie and a mediocre spectacle.(Sorry for my english)
  89. Jul 2, 2014
    Once again, Michael Bay creates a movie not worthy of the Transformers name. He focuses too much on the human aspect instead of the Robot personalities. Where were all of the Decepticons?? Megatron did not become Galvatron from humans. He has destroyed the Transformers image with his bad actors and horrible plots which make absolutely no sense. Don't see this in the movie, it willOnce again, Michael Bay creates a movie not worthy of the Transformers name. He focuses too much on the human aspect instead of the Robot personalities. Where were all of the Decepticons?? Megatron did not become Galvatron from humans. He has destroyed the Transformers image with his bad actors and horrible plots which make absolutely no sense. Don't see this in the movie, it will just encourage him to make another one. Expand
  90. Jul 6, 2014
    Micheal Bay, you have done it again. Transformers Age Of Extinction is another 2hr Micheal Bay dream. And if you really want to watch a movie with explosions and robots- Real Steel or Pacific Rim are good choices. Mark Walhberg plays a mechanic who finds a transformer and then all hell breaks loose. You know, I was kinda hyped for this movie. I was hoping for a good action movie, but no itMicheal Bay, you have done it again. Transformers Age Of Extinction is another 2hr Micheal Bay dream. And if you really want to watch a movie with explosions and robots- Real Steel or Pacific Rim are good choices. Mark Walhberg plays a mechanic who finds a transformer and then all hell breaks loose. You know, I was kinda hyped for this movie. I was hoping for a good action movie, but no it was like Revenge Of The Fallen got a remake with Mark Walhberg. Story is poor, nothing is sad and the characters are bad too, you don't care about any of them. The visual effects gave me a seizure. The acting was damn bad. Micheal Bay, is Pain. And Gain the only good movie that you have made? Ignore this at all costs Expand
  91. Jul 2, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction tem diálogo terrível, representações deploráveis ​​de mulheres, seqüências de explosões e muito pouco de humor. Em outras palavras, é um filme de Michael Bay.
  92. Jul 2, 2014
    And it goes like BOOM BOOM BOOM HERES YOUR HOT CHICK WALKING IN A BILLION DOLLAR SCENE ROBOTS HERE DIES ROBOT THERES KILL GRIMLOCK ON F**K THOSE DECEPTICONS BOOM BOOM BBOOOOOOM MICHAEL BAAAAAAAYYYYYYY AND IN THE END PEOPLE KISS AND EPIC MUSIC AND EPIC SPEECH BY OPTIMUS PRIME 10/10 TRANSBOREMORES AGE OF EXTINCTION OH GOD I WISH MICHAEL BAY IS THE ONE WHO EXTINCT.
  93. Jul 1, 2014
    Do not under any circumstances watch this movie. this is beyond simply not worth the money, i would PAY money to not watch this movie, i felt like i am being tortured. if you cant make up a story and all you can do is put as much as explosions as possible on the screen, then dont make your movie 3 hours long.
  94. Jul 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Transformers as a film series has a reputation for visual excess & narrative deficit. This movie takes this reputation, supercharges it, and rockets the results at the audience and break-neck speed and expects to satisfy - and to a large proportion of the film going public, seems to achieve its goal. At this very moment, as I write this review, Transformers 4 has 101 positive reviews on Metacritic.com. These reviews are littered with repeated phrases like "no Sam Witwicky", "*insert robot name here* was badass" & "omg the action was awesome". And you can't really argue with these sentiments. The visuals have always been impressive in the Transformers movies, and while I personally never felt one way or another about the character of Sam Witwicky, it appears to be consensus that he was highly disliked. What lacks in the Transformers movies is, among many, many things, is a coherent story and fleshed out characters.

The story - if you can even call it that - leaps from action set piece to action set piece with no regard for common sense, mood or character motivation. The story plods along at snails pace (for an insane 165mins) transmitting relevant information to the movie-goer almost solely through exposition and overlong establishing shots. Further, I was never sure about why anybody was doing anything. Nothing is explained in any detail - we as the audience are just expected to accept that humans in black clothes = bad guy, humans in pastels = good guys. The same thing corresponds to the Transformers themselves.

The characters in this latest Transformers movie are among the weakest and most poorly written of any I have seen at the movies in the longest time. While Mark Wahlberg attempts valiantly to inject some energy in to this train wreck of a film, he is weighed down with a daughter/boyfriend subplot (communicated wholly by only the snappiest Michael Bay dialogue) and the convoluted (and pointless) good-guy motivations of the hero. The daughter and boyfriend were dead weight, contributing nothing whatsoever to the film. Bay, nonplussed with his failure to contribute anything meaningful character-wise decides to go full-retard instead adding a frustratingly unfunny "slacker-employee" character into the 1st act, who vomits rapid-fire sarcasm into the air during the initial action scenes. His death at the end of act 1 was highly satisfying, and in line with the terrible storytelling, largely ignored by the other characters. The characters in Transformers are an unequivocal failure on all levels. Of particular disappointment to me was Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammar, who like Wahlberg, are clearly here just for the paycheck.

And since I've used the terms rapid-fire and failure already, lets talk product placement. This is a particular peeve of mine as a movie-goer which partly explains the rage I felt as I left my local cinema. Michael Bay, while never shy about plugging products in his film, takes it to a whole new level. Its as if he is standing in front of the audience with a shotgun, which he uses to simultaneously blast you in the face with hip and happening products (Beats headphones - **** you) while insulting your intelligence by thinking you won't notice it happening. Unforgivable and further evidence that Transformers is first and foremost advertising. Who needs to consider the art of film-making when you can sell stuff, right?

These monumental failures reduce my interest in the film. No amount of explosions and car-driving montages can supplement for these deficits.

Once upon a time, I had hopes that the great cartoon from my childhood would make for a great adventure movie. 4 movies later, my hopes have been well and truly dashed. I will not be returning to the cinema to see any more Transformer movies. I implore you all the do the same thing.
  95. Jul 4, 2014
    Poor story, poor acting, absolutely amazing action. One thing Michael Bay does know is how to put together an action scene which is a shame the same can't be said about his story telling.
    I'm a fan of the first 3 regardless of how bad they were which is why it pains me to say that this is the worst of the series. The things I was worried about like the dinobots turned out alright and the things I thought was going to be fine we're awful I.e mark whalberg and co.
    The typical Bayisms are still there, sexualisation of the women, the lower than low toilet humor which hits rock bottom in this entry. Two of best things in the movie was finally seeing Prime in generation 1 form and Stanley tucci. A new director and screen writer are needed for the next film.
  96. Jul 2, 2014
    Transformers age of endorsement! This pile of rubbish has more product placements than regular television. The characters were exciting a wallpaper paste and the visuals were pornographic. This is 165 minutes of Michael bay madness. If you wish to see this, don't think too hard about the plot or you will hurt yourself and make sure you are comfortable.
  97. Jun 28, 2014
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Bay took a cliche gun and blasted everything in sight. Bad dialogue, wooden acting, terrible science, awful story.
  98. Jul 10, 2014
    Hate to see that China is involving so much in the movie.
    I am personally from HK and its really upsetting to hear the line "we need to call the central government for help now"! and "the central government will defend Hong Kong at all costs"!
    Hate to see that China is involving so much in the movie.
    can the chinese please dont ruin the movie with the political issues... you want to show the world that hk is under china and china will protect hk?! please fuxk off this is totally not the truth

And i wonder who would open the fridge and get a drink in the middle of a fight. not to mention the scene was shoot in hk but the soya milk is from FUXKING china and not hk.

overall the plot is poor acting is poor.. the worse part... the movie is a joint production between Paramount Pictures and two fuxking Chinese companies - China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises
  99. Jul 17, 2014
    Wow, what a crap of the movie! One of the most boring action movie created by human kind, and its Transformers, wow, Michael Bay just surpassed himself! Three hour of complete waste of everyone's time
  100. Jun 28, 2014
    The same movie for a **** fourth time. Michael Bay **** you............................................................................................

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Jan 9, 2015
    When someone in Age Of Extinction carps about “crap sequels and remakes” in movies, you almost choke on the audacity.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Frankl
    Jul 10, 2014
    Does Michael Bay fit the criteria of an auteur? He certainly has his own line of distinctive tropes: the migraine-inducing noise, the fetishistic gloss, the playground-bully characters elevated to hero status and a fervently male gaze.
  3. Reviewed by: Owen Williams
    Jul 7, 2014
    The loyal fans — and they are legion — will trot out clichés like, “Leave your brain at the door,” and defend Age Of Extinction’s right to be nothing but a succession of varoom! and kersmash! sequences. For those who aren’t still blindly faithful to something they liked when they were nine, despite the colossal scale, there’s little to see here.