4.6

1. Jun 27, 2014
    Even going to this movie with low expectation set and telling yourself "It's another Michael Bay's film, don't keep high hopes" wouldn't prepare you for a total train wreck. Mark Walhberg's protagonist, polished actions sequences, shiny new Autobots and badass villian Lockdown, won't be able to help cover the film's clunky plot, excessive characters and secondary villains, unlikableEven going to this movie with low expectation set and telling yourself "It's another Michael Bay's film, don't keep high hopes" wouldn't prepare you for a total train wreck. Mark Walhberg's protagonist, polished actions sequences, shiny new Autobots and badass villian Lockdown, won't be able to help cover the film's clunky plot, excessive characters and secondary villains, unlikable female lead and her useless boyfriend. Everything about this movie is either about the director's addiction with explosion and destruction or about nothing at all except its existence being another means to make more money for another sequel which we don't need. Either come up with a reboot or pass the license to another director like Guilermo del Toro. Stop making films this way, Mr. Bay. Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let's put cards on the table, alright? The first Transformers was okay. The second Transformers was, undeniably, a great piece of sh*t. The third Transformers was slightly better than it's predecessor, but it was still a piece of trash. Now, it comes the next installment directed by Michael Bay just to destroy the franchise once and for all (but still the film will, unbelievably, make 1 billion dollars).

The film show us Cade Yeager trying to get money in order to put his daughter Tessa into college. Oh yes there's no Megan Fox, let's just put the chick from the "Last Airbender" into this excrement. And in case if you're wondering, YES, this movie has annoying characters just like the other three movies. Meet Lucas: The most annoying character in the whole film (Thank god he's dead), the guy was so stupid, so stupid that in the beginning of the movie he couldn't catch a ball right in front of his eyes.

Later, Cade brings an old truck which is by the way, OPTIMUS PRIME!!!! What a happy coincidence!!! I was saying that he brings an old truck to remove and sell the parts (for the reason I already mentioned) and bla bla bla bla, why we need that character development anyway? Meanwhile, the humans try to hunt down the Autobots (even thought that Autobots save the Earth like, 3 times) for a very, very poorly conceived reason that my brain is still processing such an undeveloped plot element.

When they find that Mr. Yeager hid Optimus in his barn, they go to his little house and the movie introduce us: Titus Welliver, yeah the guy with the sunglasses! Titus send his men to search the whole place in order to find Optimus and then Cade says "Oh wait! You can't search my farm without an warrant!", Titus replies "My face is the warrant!"

*Stares in silence*

*Sighs*

Okay... I think I'm okay.  Moving on, Titus threats Cade's daughter and in the last second, Optimus shows up and says "HERE I AM!" Seriously? He couldn't just ripped off "Dexter" and say "Surprise motherf*cker!!!"?

Cade and his daughter are saved by Tessa's boyfriend, oh yeah wait until you read this. Cade, Tessa, Lucas and Shane are running from the police and in the middle of the chase, Cade finds out that his daughter is dating with Shane and instead of just focusing in WHAT'S IMPORTANT, he starts arguing with Tessa!!! Yes, of course! When I'm being chase by dozen of police cars and police choppers, I'll just ask why my girlfriend didn't ate her cornflakes in the morning.

There's a scene where Cade is fighting with Titus in a building and instead of picking up a knife to stab him in the neck or in the heart, he decides to use an american football. Really? I mean, really???!!!! Meanwhile, in the final battle (because I forgot the confused and meaningless plot, it doesn't matter anyway) Joshua becomes, inexplicably, a comedian. And, can you believe people actually laughed at Michael Bay's stupid comedy?

After the end of the battle, Tessa realizes that they don't have a place to stay and Joshua says "I think I might help you with that". What a stupid miracle! Michael Bay didn't even tried to make a decent ending! For almost 3 f*cking hours, the filmmakers were kidding with my face. The narrative is overstuffed with crazy action sequences (that never end) and nonsensical plot elements, there is no plot, the cast knew the movie was **** but they didn't tried, the dialogues are so f*cking stupid, the run-time is too damn long, there's too much product placement, the character development is completely unnecessary and THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS SUBSTANDARD AND RETARDED MOVIE DIDN'T GIVE A F*CK ABOUT THE ESSENCE OF A GOOD ACTION MOVIE!

This movie removes my taste for good movies. I wouldn't recommend it neither to my worst enemy.
  3. Jun 27, 2014
    Slightly better than the second, which frankly sucked, and not as good as the third, which was mildly entertaining. Even with his best heroic effort, Mark Wahlberg could not save this film. He barely managed to be mildly convincing in his earnestness to save his daughter from all the evil humans and machines. Admittedly, this in itself could be considered quite a feat given theSlightly better than the second, which frankly sucked, and not as good as the third, which was mildly entertaining. Even with his best heroic effort, Mark Wahlberg could not save this film. He barely managed to be mildly convincing in his earnestness to save his daughter from all the evil humans and machines. Admittedly, this in itself could be considered quite a feat given the incredulous stupidity of what constituted a plot. Family discovers Autobot. Everyone wants to kill Autobot and family. They fail. Autobots save family. Family saves Autobots. Rinse and repeat.

What the first film had, and the third one at times achieved, were Autobots with whom the audience could at least identify. This movie utterly lacked any semblance of the rapport that Shea LaBeouf had established with Bumblebee in the previous films. Here Bumblebee was little more than a caricature. Optimus was dogmatic and stifled. All the machines, the Autobots most especially, were for the lack of a better word, soulless. The movie would have been improved by removing all human/machine interactions. When a Transformers movie would be better without any Transformers in it, then that in itself is sad statement.
  4. Aug 14, 2014
    Not that great. Felt more emotion out of the Autobots rather than the humans. Stanley Tucci was nice surprise, and so was TJ Miller's character (he's an actual comedian).
    In summary, maybe rent if nothing else is better, or you like the series, otherwise you can skip this one.
  5. Aug 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie should win a oscar for the worst movie of the year it hardly makes any sense that ratchet got killed by the military and that optimus was killing humans the only good thing about this movie is the last 45 minutes it would've been the best of the series if the story if decepticons and autobots switched like to make ratchet kill the guy who killed him and ksi was making autobots and then the decepticons get jealous and then make a factory then big war blaa blaa blaa the point is the movies rubbish oh yeah and one thing why didn't steven speilberg not direct it?oh yeah and bmaster if your reading this I accidentally pressed disagree when I actually mean I liked it like whoops Expand
  6. Aug 17, 2014
    Michael Bay..... go **** yourself. You think this is "entertainment." Then I guess ramming my **** in a blender and slamming th puree button is just a BLAST!! This was probably the worst experience I've ever had in a theater. I hated everything about this movie and as this trainwreck tugged along at a GLACIAL pace, my hatred for the people involved with the "film" and the people in myMichael Bay..... go **** yourself. You think this is "entertainment." Then I guess ramming my **** in a blender and slamming th puree button is just a BLAST!! This was probably the worst experience I've ever had in a theater. I hated everything about this movie and as this trainwreck tugged along at a GLACIAL pace, my hatred for the people involved with the "film" and the people in my audience who were clapping, laughing and cheering grew to the point of pure fury. 2/10 - Abysmal. Expand
  7. Sep 23, 2014
    Its as bad as I expected, its Michael Bay so what did you expect? There is something wrong with you if you expected a 95 percent movie here.

The worst thing about this movie is that it took away the ONE thing Bay does well, big special effects loaded action scenes. The effects looked cheap in this one and there were very few transformers in it. Say what you will about him, he can do those like nobody else, its like all his talent is bunched up on that one thing.

There are still many thing I don't understand about the series like why the hell do they shoot bullets and throw physical grenades? They are robots, why don't they shoot lasers like on the show?

Movie logic issue, if these cheap new transformers turn into flying blocks when they transform then how are they killing them? They are like the T-1000 now so if you smash them can't they turn back into blocks then reform?

can they drop the whole bumble bee doesn't talk thing? that got old 10 minutes in.

biggest problem with the movie, the Dinobots... They are in 3 scenes, don't apear until almost the end, there are only 4 and they don't talk.
  8. Jul 31, 2014
    I loved the first film, the 2nd was bad but it was not that terrible compare to that one. Seriously? No scenario, the acting is really bad, why all people try to save that ugly thin girl? The boyfriend is useless, and the whole story make no sense.
  9. Sep 17, 2014
    What could have ended up being a pretty decent action film is ruined by the overly long run time and poorly put together plot. Very disappointing that Michael Bay was allowed to return, This could have been the film that they "rebooted" the series with should they have put another director in his place.
  10. Jul 13, 2014
    So disappointed with this movie. The first three were mediocre and I was hoping for a better character connection than Shia La'boeuf gave us. BOY WAS I SO WRONG! Mark Wahlberg's character development was horrid as for his daughter's acting and development is even worse. Her boyfriend doesn't seem to make such stand in this movie, as for we don't get much dialogue from him leaving out theSo disappointed with this movie. The first three were mediocre and I was hoping for a better character connection than Shia La'boeuf gave us. BOY WAS I SO WRONG! Mark Wahlberg's character development was horrid as for his daughter's acting and development is even worse. Her boyfriend doesn't seem to make such stand in this movie, as for we don't get much dialogue from him leaving out the cliche cheesy jokes he makes.

The movie is way too f****ng long, standing at about 3 hours. The CGI does make up for whatever the hell is going on, as for there are over 3 stories going on at once. Also, I am a HUGE fan of Transformers G1 and I got to say, I don't remember Galvatron being a truck.

The Dinobots only show up in the last 20 minutes also, and I didn't really understand why Grimlock didn't talk either, as for I remember him talking in G1. And for the last of my review, the Dinobots scene was confusing and painful to watch.

This movie was a major let down and I feel bad that people spent their money to go watch this in the theaters.

Michael Bay, 'nuff said.
  11. Jul 29, 2014
    I thought this one couldnt get any worse than the first trilogy. It did. I actually liked the first movie, every of the next was absolutely crap. If you want to have the same effect for less money you can watch a 3 hrs TV-AD of all these famous, expensive brands, where everything explodes. Wahlberg was ok, his daughter gorgeous.
  12. Nov 13, 2014
    "Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

"Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

The Good: The human cast is an improvement over the previous casts. While they were mostly in the way, they were at least mostly tolerable. The story, at least initially, wasn't bad. A black ops mission to kill all Transformers, while convincing the public/government that they are only hunting evil Decepticons, was promising. Kelsey Grammar was excellent as the film's human antagonist. When the Dinobots (finally) show up, it is a pretty amazing spectacle.

The Bad: First off, the film clocks in at just under THREE HOURS. That is three hours of bombastic Micheal Bay action and at around the 1:15 mark, the decent story falls apart and becomes silly. Revolving around a rare mineral called "Transformiam" (I kid you not), we watch as Bay re-creates the first three films with the same scenes, same action sequences, and same silly dialogue. I'll give him credit, the potty humor was gone ... but Bay couldn't help but interject a series of one-liners from every character's mouth regardless of the situation. As in the previous installments, the robot villains are mostly drones devoid of any sort of personality and the overwhelming majority of them are targets that seem to explode on contact. Also, as usual once again, the humans seem invincible and had no problem jumping into a battle involving anywhere from 3 to 20 robots leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. I can suspend belief to an extent, but our heroes survived crashes, long falls, explosions, shrapnel, repeated hails of bullets, and all out attacks from Decepticons. Give me a break. Moderately better than the last two Transformers films, the fourth installment is just as messy, boring, and disappointing as it's predecessors. Bay clearly does not care about the mythology or story behind the Autobots and Decepticons and is simply using the license to make a horrible robot/alien invasion film. Purists and fans of the source material will once again walk away shaking their heads.
  13. Sep 27, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the king meaningless trash. Unbearable length, endless action sequences, no story at all, way below average acting and a director that simply doesn't understand how to make a film.
  14. Oct 31, 2014
    This was simply the worst pile of garbage I have ever seen. This series in General has been nothing but a cash grab followed by poor editing, poor writing, bland stories, and plastic characters. 10 Minutes of dinobots and 90 minutes of daddy Daughter nonsense and 40 minutes of product shots.
  15. Jan 1, 2015
    A 2 hour 45 minute slow motion explosion fest mixed with extremely poor dialogue and as many shots of women in short shorts as possible. To sum it up a Michael Bay movie. D
  16. Jan 30, 2015
    How can a movie about giant transforming robots shooting each other in the face be BORING?! It truly takes a master to fail so bad, that he could make a movie where after what feels like 4 hours of explosions leaves me snoozing in my seat.
    insanely dull and prolonged. 1/10
  17. Jul 27, 2014
    I thought this was a meh. confusing story and character development and it was just too long. I got motion sick near the end. but DA F@#$N' DINOBOTS WERE AWESOME
  18. Jul 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I understand why most people don't like this movie because it is directed by Michael Bay, and all the previous movies that suck, but I feel like the story this time isn't that formulaic like the previous one. Therefore, not matter how bad or terrible the story is, it give me some surprise. Like the previous movies, it has a lot of action, if you are looking for stunning CGI effect or realistic destruction,it is a must watch, but I think that some action scene is very fake because human enemy can't even shoot, they are literally blind. There is some problems in this movie. The movie features 3-4 villains but I feel like that the movie only focuses in one only while neglected other major ones especially at the end of the movie. The movie also makes me hate some human character. I don't really care about the human character story because they are poorly-written. Also, what I don't like is they killed Ratchet and Optimus Prime suddenly know how to fly. Expand
  19. Aug 19, 2014
    This movie is just sooooooooo bad that I'm actually writing a review for it the acting is bad the jokes are bad the writing is bad even mark walberg is bad in this film. I'm glad Michael bay is done with the transformers films I hope ninja turtles isn't as bad as this film. The lesson is that you shouldn't see this movie.
  20. Jul 11, 2014
    I went to see this movie with low expectations as i was not a huge fan of the first three movies. I feel this film broke free from the common ground of the last two (World ending, 2 hours of fighting, not much plot or anything else). Don't get me wrong this film is very much in line with those movies but instead of the constant war we get some nice plot and much needed breaks in theI went to see this movie with low expectations as i was not a huge fan of the first three movies. I feel this film broke free from the common ground of the last two (World ending, 2 hours of fighting, not much plot or anything else). Don't get me wrong this film is very much in line with those movies but instead of the constant war we get some nice plot and much needed breaks in the action, this helped pace the movie better and also let the viewers get to know the Autobots more where as the other movies just threw in new ones with no personality or care whatsoever. This film is far from perfect, it's 2hr 45min run time is very long but i feel the pacing was sufficient and the time did not drag except for a few places here and there, the dinobots were also underutilized a lot which was to be expected really as it would have been a short film with such powerful bots with them at all times. Overall i would say this was a fun action movie for the summer, plenty of fun car chases that hark back to old 70's chase films, plenty of robot action and some enjoyable story aspects make this, in my opinion, the best transformers yet, not perfect, but definitely an improvement and definitely worth a watch. Expand
  21. Jul 8, 2014
    The film was made good, a lot of amazing special effects. But the storyline is lost in the middle of the film.
    Very ill-conceived storyline, sometimes it is very boring. But all in all film is good
  22. Oct 9, 2014
    2 words. Michael Bay.
    If you like having your whole childhood ruined go watch this movie.
    If you don't really care, Go wild! (Even though i don't suggest it)
  23. Jul 26, 2014
    Hey what do you except from a transformers movie? When you wanna watch it : it's in order to see enjoyable action sequences, non stop action scenes and spectacular CGI effects!! The story might have been written by a 6 years old child but .. WE DONT CARE. AND WE SHOULD NOT CARE!!

If you liked the previous transformers movies, watch it! To my mind, it's the best transformers movie! :D
  24. Jul 10, 2014
    The original, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were all fairly adequate Transformers films, but suffered due to the direction it took, Michael Bay is by no means a bad director, and with the arrival of the fourth film, Transformers: Age of Extinction is a step in the right direction, it steered clear of some of what made the previous films less enjoyable, while it may not haveThe original, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were all fairly adequate Transformers films, but suffered due to the direction it took, Michael Bay is by no means a bad director, and with the arrival of the fourth film, Transformers: Age of Extinction is a step in the right direction, it steered clear of some of what made the previous films less enjoyable, while it may not have been enough to compensate for the previous films, they successfully make up for it by including new and refreshing elements such as Dinobots and Transformers & Humans that have actual personalities, in addition, there are little winks and nods hidden within the film, Mark Wahlberg is a very welcome protagonist to the film and Peter Cullen completely embodies the role of Optimus Prime, additionally, the visuals and special effects were outstanding, especially the details Watching this film in IMAX is a unique experience, and I recommend watching it in IMAX if you can, it's worth it Expand
  25. Jul 10, 2014
    The best transformers movie ever..................Dont listen to others who say its a bad film.They dont know anything about how to review a movie.Awesome story,awesome action,and awesome humours.A must watch in the theatres.
  26. Jul 11, 2014
    This movie for me wasnt as bad as some people put it. Its got some bad things, yes, but can you really expect a movie to be 100%? I did have to admit that the film was decades long but sometimes its long for a reason; to build up the characters. I liked the special effects and it had some gripping moments. The plot was ok, but if you never watched transformers, then you will have no ideaThis movie for me wasnt as bad as some people put it. Its got some bad things, yes, but can you really expect a movie to be 100%? I did have to admit that the film was decades long but sometimes its long for a reason; to build up the characters. I liked the special effects and it had some gripping moments. The plot was ok, but if you never watched transformers, then you will have no idea who is who. I really liked the dinosaurs as well but I can see where people are coming from. Not the best film but fight scenes, emotional scenes, funny scenes, they all seemed legit. There were times where they included humor in places not need. Example, the Soya Milk scene... That wasnt really needed because that wasnt what you would do, but it was nice to have some humor. For me 8/10 would be appropriate. Expand
  27. Jul 11, 2014
    My god! Michael Bay is so awsome at directing films. The film was funny, action packed and heart pounding. The Protaganist kade (Mark Whalberg) Produced an amazing performance and I cannot understand why people hate Michael Bay. I would'nt take your 4 year old child for bad language and adult humor but an all around great film!
  28. Jul 12, 2014
    I loved this movie. Sure, there were a few corny lines here and there, and some obvious toy marketing, but this was just a really fun movie. I haven't really enjoyed much about the other Transformers movies, but with Age of Extinction it feels like Michael Bay has finally learned how to make an actual good movie. I would gladly see this one again.

Also, Frank Welker voicing the same

Also, Frank Welker voicing the same character he did in the animated series and video games. That blew my socks off. I really want a few good monologues out of him in the next movie!

To sum it up: This movie FINALLY seems to get the Transformers right on the big screen. This is really a must-see.
  29. Jul 20, 2014
    Thank god for the robots as the actors with a sub-standard script nearly ruin the movie!

Bay - you dont have to only use lambos, paganis and other supercars - theres plenty of classics out there without (as an earlier reviewer said) choosing your cars like you choose your female actors - that being purely on looks with no substance! The movie dragged on too long to shoehorn pointless

The movie dragged on too long to shoehorn pointless scenes in to what is a chaotic plot which struggles to keep coherence.

Whilst we all accept a but of "unrealism" - Motorbike stunts which would leave people with broken limbs, flying vehicles crashing which would leave (unbelted/secured) passengers with a broken neck along with wahlbergs repeated whiney "i love my daughter you're all that matters to me" makes getting through the first half of the movie hard work.

When wahlberg proceeds to use his men-in-black style cricket gun to obliterate enemies that optimus can't seem to dent with his sword I gave up on hoping for the movie to redeem itself.

Frasier shouldnt have been in the cast - again another character who repeats his mantra, this one being "ive worked 20years for my country, i have no money now i want to get paid" - I would have preferred to have seen him killed off half an hour in.

Stanley Tuccis unfortunate role as an ironic "poor-mans" tony stark billionaire attempt - his bipolar switch from greedy millionaire to selfless goofy romantic is really sloppy and non-nonsensical.

I love good action scenes but the last hour left you with action-fatigue as bay rams in as many locations and city obliterating weapons as he can.

galvatron was the main threat when his 50+ bots start trashing Hong Kong, but then we switch to the bounty hunter for the rest of the movie, galvatron must take a coffee break for half an hour because he doesnt seem to get involved until after the autobots deal with the bounty hunter...

For the next one bay - stick with 95% transformers as your cast or spend a bit more on the script before this franchise drops off a cliff.
  30. Jul 22, 2014
    I joined Metacritic purely so I could rate this latest pile of nonsense from Mr Bay. Even Dark of the Moon had a couple of decent moments during its bum numbing running time but now he has hit a real low. This is by far the worst of his films (I love Armageddon and The Rock). The plot is overblown and the running time far too long. I actually fell asleep at one stage (at about 5.50 pm) FarI joined Metacritic purely so I could rate this latest pile of nonsense from Mr Bay. Even Dark of the Moon had a couple of decent moments during its bum numbing running time but now he has hit a real low. This is by far the worst of his films (I love Armageddon and The Rock). The plot is overblown and the running time far too long. I actually fell asleep at one stage (at about 5.50 pm) Far worst still is the script and I quote Male lead to 17 year old female love interest "Take hold of the stick (gear stick), she's the best at it". Stanley Tucci (shame on you Mr Tucci) has replaced Ken Jeong in the annoying slapstick role. Finally the picture quality looked positively Low Definition compared to the Planet of the Apes 3D. Expand
  31. Jul 27, 2014
    I'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, aI'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, a behemothic clan of die-hard fans and reluctant editorial reviewers and heads of literature departments. I actually enjoyed Age of Extinction. They synchronized with the previous blockbuster, seamlessly, without putting up my spoiler alert sign and warding off all fans that haven't seen the film. Go and see it yourself! I completely understand with Michael Bay here that it clearly gets difficult when you've thrown in every ounce of effort and pulled together all the loose ends, driven the film to huge successes. When is it right to take a new direction? Yes, it's almost completely different to the last films, yes, there are new characters, yes the whole sequencing of events from the get go is different. There seems to be more of a protagonistic outlook, characters are clearly thrown into their cliche stereotypes and remain there throughout but I still watched and was amazed by the depth of detail that has gone into this film. Maybe it was nice to add new characters, new robots, new areas of interests in the script, maybe it was time to add what was not added before. It had to be different, if it was Shea LeBouf saving the day again, and Megan Fox strutting across the screen, wouldn't you all of just said.. "We have seen this before". It's only a sellout when there is no reason for the release, and Age of Extinction has buckets full of content, cut scenes, CGI, emotion, raw passion and effort that you can see just like all the other films. It's Transformers, but with a twist. It's like fashion, you follow it for a certain amount of time and eventually it changes. Albeit with fashion, you can still wear your old clothes if you want. You can't go through what you've already thrown out to people in their millions on the silver screen, and show them what they've already seen. No-one saw this coming. No-one saw the difference. And that's why everyone is complaining because it's different, it's new ground, it's new territory and all these die-hard fans are now lost in an abyss, a new setting, a new backdrop for which Age of Extinction was brought towards.

I enjoyed Age of Extinction, just like I enjoyed the first, second and third. Someday, the plot has to change. Not all the characters can live on, it simply cannot be the same film you gotta watch every other year.

My final thoughts:
    Different, wild, surprising, breath taking CGI as always, good referencing to the previous additions, new content, new territory...
  32. Sep 22, 2014
    They took the biggest flaws of the original 3, and shaved them down. Less "comic" relief, less black-ops-ey crap, no Shia Lebouf, and less Jar-Jar robots. One of the badguys didn't have a big role, but when he/she survived, it made it rewarding. Secondary villains is only a bad thing if their role doesn't live up, and with the assurance of more movies, no complaints here. The targetThey took the biggest flaws of the original 3, and shaved them down. Less "comic" relief, less black-ops-ey crap, no Shia Lebouf, and less Jar-Jar robots. One of the badguys didn't have a big role, but when he/she survived, it made it rewarding. Secondary villains is only a bad thing if their role doesn't live up, and with the assurance of more movies, no complaints here. The target audience is still teenagers, but it swears as much as it can to lighten that feel. Plus, its based on a cartoon so.. cmon. Everything else is great.

I'd like to hear better scripting. Make the characters sound smart. Even if intelligent script flies over some people's heads, well.. Star Wars: A New Hope confused me as a child but I still watched it daily. Eh, and the liquid-metal transforming thing is just so un-mechanical that it kinda kills the techy setting.

I know its probably too late, don't watch the trailer. It spoils a highlight of the last act.
  33. Nov 10, 2014
  34. Aug 2, 2014
    If you are a fan of the transformers, you will love this movie. michael bay's directing is diffrent from other directors and not one of the best, but he makes movies with action in his own way and i like that :) so well done ;)
  35. Aug 5, 2014
    I wasn't even going to bother rating this movie, But people out there have to be warned about this god awful lump of trash. Michael Bay is better than this.
  36. Aug 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie. Although I slightly missed the feeling I got from the first three. That doesn't mean it's still action packed. The villain Lockdown looks very sinister and overall really cool. Peter Cullen returning as the voice of Optimus Prime was again very good. There was a lot transformers in this movie and was overall very fun to watch.
  37. Aug 28, 2014
    the film was awesome. i loved it and the cool transformers they had. the movie was well thought out and properly put together and made well. lots of action through it as well. better than all the other transformers.
  38. Oct 5, 2014
    This is the same writing like in in the last 3 movies. At least The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was better.
    everything about it is wrong. Bland characters, bland dialog, horrible CG I, TOO MUCH EXPLOSIONS!!!,
  39. Jul 11, 2014
    In the beginning I thought that was a just another action movie with a median story, but I realized that it was worse, the plot is horrible and there are a lot of holes that did not make sense, the film is too long and there is too many secondary characters that make everything more confuse. The action scenes are amazing and there are great special effects, but that's not enough.
  40. Oct 11, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is bland, boring, clunky and generic. The 'reboot' of the cast does nothing to shield the inevitable overlong Michael Bay money mayhem.
  41. Jul 8, 2014
    It could have been a great movie, bit it FAILS ON EVERY LEVEL. Human characters are boring and cliché, plot doesnt make sense, even hardcore fans will admit is confussing, action sequences dont bring anything new. please dont waste your money
  42. Jul 2, 2014
    Once again, Michael Bay creates a movie not worthy of the Transformers name. He focuses too much on the human aspect instead of the Robot personalities. Where were all of the Decepticons?? Megatron did not become Galvatron from humans. He has destroyed the Transformers image with his bad actors and horrible plots which make absolutely no sense. Don't see this in the movie, it willOnce again, Michael Bay creates a movie not worthy of the Transformers name. He focuses too much on the human aspect instead of the Robot personalities. Where were all of the Decepticons?? Megatron did not become Galvatron from humans. He has destroyed the Transformers image with his bad actors and horrible plots which make absolutely no sense. Don't see this in the movie, it will just encourage him to make another one. Expand
  43. Jul 12, 2014
    Perfect title for a long-dead franchise. Watch reruns of the 80's classic and that's all she wrote...........I suppose for fans of this horrible series, you get more of it so you win. Sad how humanity can dwell to such acceptable lows.
  44. Jul 6, 2014
    Micheal Bay, you have done it again. Transformers Age Of Extinction is another 2hr Micheal Bay dream. And if you really want to watch a movie with explosions and robots- Real Steel or Pacific Rim are good choices. Mark Walhberg plays a mechanic who finds a transformer and then all hell breaks loose. You know, I was kinda hyped for this movie. I was hoping for a good action movie, but no itMicheal Bay, you have done it again. Transformers Age Of Extinction is another 2hr Micheal Bay dream. And if you really want to watch a movie with explosions and robots- Real Steel or Pacific Rim are good choices. Mark Walhberg plays a mechanic who finds a transformer and then all hell breaks loose. You know, I was kinda hyped for this movie. I was hoping for a good action movie, but no it was like Revenge Of The Fallen got a remake with Mark Walhberg. Story is poor, nothing is sad and the characters are bad too, you don't care about any of them. The visual effects gave me a seizure. The acting was damn bad. Micheal Bay, is Pain. And Gain the only good movie that you have made? Ignore this at all costs Expand
  45. Jul 2, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction tem diálogo terrível, representações deploráveis ​​de mulheres, seqüências de explosões e muito pouco de humor. Em outras palavras, é um filme de Michael Bay.
  46. Jul 10, 2014
    I went to the cinema expecting to watch a bad movie, and Michael Bay did it, he makes an art of doing bad movies, cool explosions thought. No, no really, even the explosions were bad, as well as the characters and the dialogs. A very bad movie and a mediocre spectacle.(Sorry for my english)
  47. Jul 2, 2014
    And it goes like BOOM BOOM BOOM HERES YOUR HOT CHICK WALKING IN A BILLION DOLLAR SCENE ROBOTS HERE DIES ROBOT THERES KILL GRIMLOCK ON F**K THOSE DECEPTICONS BOOM BOOM BBOOOOOOM MICHAEL BAAAAAAAYYYYYYY AND IN THE END PEOPLE KISS AND EPIC MUSIC AND EPIC SPEECH BY OPTIMUS PRIME 10/10 TRANSBOREMORES AGE OF EXTINCTION OH GOD I WISH MICHAEL BAY IS THE ONE WHO EXTINCT.
  48. Jun 27, 2014
    Honestly I can't find a worse way to WASTE 2.5 hours of my life and $12 than watching this. If you love lots of explosion, robots, mindless characters, bad dialog, bad directing, bad humor, too much action scenes and idiotic editing, then this is for you.

You are better off watching Mythbusters. It has better explosions, smarter robots, better characters, better dialog, better humor, better editing and best of all, it is free.
  49. Jun 28, 2014
    CRAP that is all..... if you love the past 3 transformer movies well you'll probably love this crapfest and clap at the end, and think its a good movie! however everyone else can see that Michael bay has remade the same movie 4 FREAKING TIMES!!!! the same movie! again, crap acting (except wahlberg), crap dialogue, crap writing, crappy everything!!!!! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and whats worst isCRAP that is all..... if you love the past 3 transformer movies well you'll probably love this crapfest and clap at the end, and think its a good movie! however everyone else can see that Michael bay has remade the same movie 4 FREAKING TIMES!!!! the same movie! again, crap acting (except wahlberg), crap dialogue, crap writing, crappy everything!!!!! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and whats worst is that this movie will surely make a billion dollars again because people are stupid and love to watch crap! you people go watch your crap, i will rewatch X-Men Days Of Future Past again for the 4th time a brilliant film! Expand
  50. Jul 2, 2014
    Transformers age of endorsement! This pile of rubbish has more product placements than regular television. The characters were exciting a wallpaper paste and the visuals were pornographic. This is 165 minutes of Michael bay madness. If you wish to see this, don't think too hard about the plot or you will hurt yourself and make sure you are comfortable.
  51. Jun 27, 2014
    I went into this movie wanting to like it. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Transformers, I thought Revenge of the Fallen was awful, and Dark of the Moon was decent. I figured Michael Bay would improve in Age of Extinction after learning from the mistakes from the previous movies. I was wrong. The story makes absolutely no sense, the editing is extremely sloppy, and Bay has this strangeI went into this movie wanting to like it. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Transformers, I thought Revenge of the Fallen was awful, and Dark of the Moon was decent. I figured Michael Bay would improve in Age of Extinction after learning from the mistakes from the previous movies. I was wrong. The story makes absolutely no sense, the editing is extremely sloppy, and Bay has this strange fascination with making Optimus Prime a bloodthirsty killer. When it comes to the action and effects, Age is a step down from its predecessors, pure and simple. Bay also had a very good chance to introduce a new villain who had potential to be so incredibly badass throughout the new series of films, but that hope is quickly washed away. I can honestly say, this is one of the worst movies I've ever watched. Expand
  52. Jul 1, 2014
    Do not under any circumstances watch this movie. this is beyond simply not worth the money, i would PAY money to not watch this movie, i felt like i am being tortured. if you cant make up a story and all you can do is put as much as explosions as possible on the screen, then dont make your movie 3 hours long.
  53. Jul 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Transformers as a film series has a reputation for visual excess & narrative deficit. This movie takes this reputation, supercharges it, and rockets the results at the audience and break-neck speed and expects to satisfy - and to a large proportion of the film going public, seems to achieve its goal. At this very moment, as I write this review, Transformers 4 has 101 positive reviews on Metacritic.com. These reviews are littered with repeated phrases like "no Sam Witwicky", "*insert robot name here* was badass" & "omg the action was awesome". And you can't really argue with these sentiments. The visuals have always been impressive in the Transformers movies, and while I personally never felt one way or another about the character of Sam Witwicky, it appears to be consensus that he was highly disliked. What lacks in the Transformers movies is, among many, many things, is a coherent story and fleshed out characters.

The story - if you can even call it that - leaps from action set piece to action set piece with no regard for common sense, mood or character motivation. The story plods along at snails pace (for an insane 165mins) transmitting relevant information to the movie-goer almost solely through exposition and overlong establishing shots. Further, I was never sure about why anybody was doing anything. Nothing is explained in any detail - we as the audience are just expected to accept that humans in black clothes = bad guy, humans in pastels = good guys. The same thing corresponds to the Transformers themselves.

The characters in this latest Transformers movie are among the weakest and most poorly written of any I have seen at the movies in the longest time. While Mark Wahlberg attempts valiantly to inject some energy in to this train wreck of a film, he is weighed down with a daughter/boyfriend subplot (communicated wholly by only the snappiest Michael Bay dialogue) and the convoluted (and pointless) good-guy motivations of the hero. The daughter and boyfriend were dead weight, contributing nothing whatsoever to the film. Bay, nonplussed with his failure to contribute anything meaningful character-wise decides to go full-retard instead adding a frustratingly unfunny "slacker-employee" character into the 1st act, who vomits rapid-fire sarcasm into the air during the initial action scenes. His death at the end of act 1 was highly satisfying, and in line with the terrible storytelling, largely ignored by the other characters. The characters in Transformers are an unequivocal failure on all levels. Of particular disappointment to me was Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammar, who like Wahlberg, are clearly here just for the paycheck.

And since I've used the terms rapid-fire and failure already, lets talk product placement. This is a particular peeve of mine as a movie-goer which partly explains the rage I felt as I left my local cinema. Michael Bay, while never shy about plugging products in his film, takes it to a whole new level. Its as if he is standing in front of the audience with a shotgun, which he uses to simultaneously blast you in the face with hip and happening products (Beats headphones - **** you) while insulting your intelligence by thinking you won't notice it happening. Unforgivable and further evidence that Transformers is first and foremost advertising. Who needs to consider the art of film-making when you can sell stuff, right?

These monumental failures reduce my interest in the film. No amount of explosions and car-driving montages can supplement for these deficits.

Once upon a time, I had hopes that the great cartoon from my childhood would make for a great adventure movie. 4 movies later, my hopes have been well and truly dashed. I will not be returning to the cinema to see any more Transformer movies. I implore you all the do the same thing.
  54. Jul 4, 2014
    Poor story, poor acting, absolutely amazing action. One thing Michael Bay does know is how to put together an action scene which is a shame the same can't be said about his story telling.
    I'm a fan of the first 3 regardless of how bad they were which is why it pains me to say that this is the worst of the series. The things I was worried about like the dinobots turned out alright and the things I thought was going to be fine we're awful I.e mark whalberg and co.
    The typical Bayisms are still there, sexualisation of the women, the lower than low toilet humor which hits rock bottom in this entry. Two of best things in the movie was finally seeing Prime in generation 1 form and Stanley tucci. A new director and screen writer are needed for the next film.
  55. Jun 28, 2014
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Bay took a cliche gun and blasted everything in sight. Bad dialogue, wooden acting, terrible science, awful story.
  56. Jun 29, 2014
    Urrrgghhhhh.... plausible storyline? nah. good dialogue? nope. good action scenes? negative. crappy jokes? check. heart felt conversations at the stupidest possible times? yessir.
  57. Jun 27, 2014
    This film is terrible. Much worse than the first and third, and even worse than the second. The action was solid, as I expected, but everything else was soooooooooo freaking bad that I have to give this film a zero. The plot sounded good on paper, but was executed so badly by Bay & co. The acting by almost everyone was so bad, even Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci couldn't save this film.This film is terrible. Much worse than the first and third, and even worse than the second. The action was solid, as I expected, but everything else was soooooooooo freaking bad that I have to give this film a zero. The plot sounded good on paper, but was executed so badly by Bay & co. The acting by almost everyone was so bad, even Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci couldn't save this film. Along with soulless product placements (i.e. Bud Light & Red Bull), there were so many errors on the film set and the film disregards everything (and I mean EVERYTHING, plot and all) from the first three films. I thought the humor would be better in this film with TJ Miller in it, but the same poor humor reigned on from the previous films. However, the biggest problem in my opinion was the length. 2 ½+ **** hours was waaaay too long for a film like this. It's painful to sit there for that long, and if it were shorter, I would give the film more remorse. Lastly, there was such little explanation when it came to the Dinobots', who had a very limited role, and Lockdown's existence. Outside of the generally solid action sequences and good CGI, Transformers: Age of Extinction was a terrible film that I will (and hope i will) never see again. As good as the 1st and 3rd films were in this action-packed series, this series will probably go on the decline after this atrocity. Don't see this, even if you liked the first three films, like me. Expand
  58. Jun 28, 2014
    The same movie for a **** fourth time. Michael Bay **** you............................................................................................
  59. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie is an absolute flop. The visual is eye-catching but rather fake, not as stunning as its prequels. It lacks of character development and contribution to the plot, as the protagonist' daughter is an useless character who drag the team onto outrageous situations. I just don't have any idea why she and her boyfriend are involved in the movie. This film also uses an stereotype which have already been used in all prequels: the lengthy and glorious battlecry of optimus and a tough boss. Is that all you got Michael Bay?? One more thing, i don't see the scene showing the Chinese governments and generals has anything to do with the story. Plenty of plot twist... So dissapointing Expand
  60. Jul 7, 2014
    I think this movie doesn't deserve all the negativity it's getting. I thought it was a really entertaining summer action movie and I didn't mind it was almost 3 hours long, because it was entertaining.

The first hour was really boring and nothing much happened, I was just waiting for more action and less talking (the conversations were really boring too). But once the action started, it was really good. The conversations got more interesting, the humor got better and I cared more about the characters.

The score was great too, especially in the last 45 minutes. It had a really epic feeling and it really added to the action. One of the things some critics (like JeremyJahns) said was that the visual effects were bad. I really didn't think so, it looked very good (except for the scene where Stanley Tucci shows the "Transformium", that looked extremely fake).

I thought Mark Wahlberg was a much better lead role than Shia LaBeouf, I cared more about his character, and the acting by the other actors was okay.

I think this movie was better than Transformers 2 and 3, and I really enjoyed it, so I'm giving it a 7/10.
  61. Jul 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG this movie was amazing! From start to end this movie was fantastic. Mark Wahlberg was great in the movie. Cade Yeager was a much better character then Sam Witwicky. Kelsey grammar was a great human villan (even though he died in the end.during during the battle between Optimus and Lockdown). Optimus prime is once again a true bad ass and Peter Cullen performance was excelent, but the sceen stealer is not the Dinobots (more on that later), but it is Lockdown (the bounty hunter).
    He was awsome and he was a better transformer villan then all of the villans in last three movies (megatron, the fallen and sentinal prime). now onto the dinobots and they were awsome. The best one is still Grimlock because he was more useful then the 3 others (slug, strafe and scorn) and seeing optimus prime riding grimlock into action against Galvatron and his drones in Hong Kong was a childhood dream come true :).
    One last thing is the ending where Optimus is flying into space to find his creators that Lockdown talked about when he was captured after that chase scene in Chicago with the Seed and Galvatron wowing to fight Prime another day. Optimus's end speech was great and it tells me that Transformers 5 is going to awsome.
    Overall Transformers Age Of Extinction is an amazing movie and in my opinion the best movie of 2014 so far. Its better then Cap 2, Godzilla and Xmen days of future past.
    Out of all of the four movies this is the best one. 10/10 and go out and see it if you haven't and expect a fun experience instead of a Oscar worthy movie.
  62. Jul 8, 2014
    Going in with proper expectations, I quite enjoyed this movie. It didn't feel extra long unlike other movies. The story was actually interesting and helped connect the action scenes, the part I care for more than the dialog. Mark Whalberg as a nerd was funny, but his lines could have been shorter and wittier. Stanley Tucci was a delight.
  63. Jun 28, 2014
    I had unrealistically high hopes for this film for no reason whatsoever. What you should know is that if you're looking for action and fun scenes, there's a lot of that here. So much in fact that it'll bore you 'til the third act. The new cast is better than the old, with Mark Wahlberg in the real role, but still none of the characters are relatable, and the effects at times seem a bitI had unrealistically high hopes for this film for no reason whatsoever. What you should know is that if you're looking for action and fun scenes, there's a lot of that here. So much in fact that it'll bore you 'til the third act. The new cast is better than the old, with Mark Wahlberg in the real role, but still none of the characters are relatable, and the effects at times seem a bit unfinished. All you need to know is that it is still a Michael Bay film of 165 minutes of brain cancer on screen.
    With some redeeming moments, it's still not enough to call this film a "good" one, even though the cast has improved immensely.
  64. Jun 30, 2014
    Thank you, Michael Bay, for killing Transformers for future generations. This movie is similar to the previous Transformers like a formula. Pointless characters, no plot, plenty of explosions, its all there. The movie is extremely long at 2.5 hours and it dragged halfway through. Going into the movie, I knew I would be disappointed and am upset I spend money on this piece of crap. AvoidThank you, Michael Bay, for killing Transformers for future generations. This movie is similar to the previous Transformers like a formula. Pointless characters, no plot, plenty of explosions, its all there. The movie is extremely long at 2.5 hours and it dragged halfway through. Going into the movie, I knew I would be disappointed and am upset I spend money on this piece of crap. Avoid and save your money for something better. Expand
  65. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Following much of the formula of the previous Transformers movies, but without the relative novelty of the first two, this one is subpar at best. The script is practically garbage. The characters are poorly developed, shallow, and much of the acting is terrible. Mark Wahlberg is a good actor and does the best job of the lot, but I think he was miscast for this role.

The movie is outrageously long and drawn out - almost 3 hours of basically CRAP that not even the pretty visuals and fight scenes could save.

While the special effects, explosions, and overall action scenes are spectacular as usual, some of the camera work is basically wobbling and out of focus as robots zoom by shooting at each other so that you don't really appreciate those parts of the fighting. The plot is shakier than ever, and as usual a major villain is still alive and manages to escape once again.

The humor is too forced at times, and many of the lines are eye-roll and head-shake worthy. The sexy girl is for the most part lost, helpless, and put in more for the looks than anything else. There are the usual prodigious camera close-ups and various angles showing off her sexy body. The characters are once again rather shallow and dumb, particularly the girl and especially her boyfriend, who seems to have been more of an afterthought in the script.

I don't even want to go on anymore with this review. Suffice it to say, I hope this is Michael Bay's last foray into the Transformers universe, for the sake of everyone genuinely interested in the Transformers.
  66. Jun 28, 2014
    Just do yourself a favor and NEVER watch this movie! Hell don't even watch a **** movie made by Michael Bay! HE CLEARLY DID NOT WATCH ANY TRANSFORMERS CARTOONS! ALL I CAN IS **** THIS MOVIE! ITS THE WORST ONE I"VE EVER SEEN!
  67. Jun 30, 2014
    I actually liked the first Transformers,the 2nd is horrible and the 3rd was slightly better but still wasn't that good.I actually thought this movie was going to be good of how the plot sounded,with Mark Whalberg and the dinobots.I did see it get critically panned but I want to judge it for myself and I would have to say that I agree with the critics.This is probably one of the worstI actually liked the first Transformers,the 2nd is horrible and the 3rd was slightly better but still wasn't that good.I actually thought this movie was going to be good of how the plot sounded,with Mark Whalberg and the dinobots.I did see it get critically panned but I want to judge it for myself and I would have to say that I agree with the critics.This is probably one of the worst movies I've ever saw.This is probably on par with Revenge of the Fallen.This is basically a rehash from the previous films with a new cast.The action scenes aren't interesting.Its just nothing but explosions that are never ending and offers nothing new.The plot is poorly executed cause all you see is explosions than what's going on with the plot.It is also not very convincing.It is also twisted at one point where you feel like that shouldn't happen right now and later.The camera work is awful and hurts your brain after seeing it.The autobots have no soul including Optimus Prime and the movie seems lifeless.The dialogue is bad.I also didn't like how the dinobots are shown towards the end of the movie.Also the length is ridiculous with it being almost 3 hours.The only good things I can say about this movie is that the transformers look better,the plot was decent, and the performance by Whalberg and Tucci.But that can't make up of how many flaws this movie has.This movie hurts your mind and I really suggest you don't see it.Save your money.This is one of the most unpleasant experiences I had at the movies. Expand
  68. Jun 28, 2014
    Surprise surprise, Micheal Bay Transformers movie is complete garbage. You have to be extraordinarily thick to see anything positive in this cacophony of digital noise. It's like a challenge to see just how bad a film can be before you say "hang on, is this for real?" The definition of mindless entertainment....that's not particularly entertaining. I'd sooner watch paint dry, literally.
  69. Jun 30, 2014
    why does this movie exist? why does michael bay keep getting work? anyone who would give this... thing a score past a 6 for what ever reason are even mouthbreathers or sellouts. the movie is the worst story ever writen with the sole purpose of shoving in as much nostalgic crap as they can. The acting is really bad but i will give it a pass because i assume they know this movie is not worthwhy does this movie exist? why does michael bay keep getting work? anyone who would give this... thing a score past a 6 for what ever reason are even mouthbreathers or sellouts. the movie is the worst story ever writen with the sole purpose of shoving in as much nostalgic crap as they can. The acting is really bad but i will give it a pass because i assume they know this movie is not worth giving a crap, except for the love interest who is just the worst actress since Jim Barneys coffin. Expand
  70. Jun 27, 2014
    Waste of money and time. Watched this a day before the Americans did but I had to wait for a day to post my review here. As usual pathetic one-liners, same actions with different humans and father-daughter-boyfriend relationship reminded me of Armageddon. This thing felt like Michael Bay was playing a PS3 or X Box version of Transformers.
  71. Jun 30, 2014
    You have to have low expectations and your brain in neutral to watch a Transformers movie, but even so this movie is BAD. The transformers don't really look anything like the cartoon series characters they are based on, they're all pretty similar and the film just ends up like two junkjards fighting eachother for nearly 3 hours. A film needs to be Epic or have a compelling story toYou have to have low expectations and your brain in neutral to watch a Transformers movie, but even so this movie is BAD. The transformers don't really look anything like the cartoon series characters they are based on, they're all pretty similar and the film just ends up like two junkjards fighting eachother for nearly 3 hours. A film needs to be Epic or have a compelling story to entertain for that amount of time, and this has neither. Its dull, mind-numbing, rubbish. Expand
  72. Jul 1, 2014
    If I had those 165 minutes back, I could so much more creative things with my life. Much better than this movie - like for example smashing my head against the wall...

Movie lacks continuity, good story, people you cheer, it is full of explosions and nonsense
  73. Jul 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't believe that this **** pile of a **** movie was able to hit the screen. I also can't believe that a transformers movie could come along and be worse than the second one. You know when a movie is bad when my friends (who liked the second one) thought this movie was terrible. The flaws were so noticeable, that Helen Keller could point them out to you. The first hour of the movie was literally **** useless. It set up **** that I could give two ****s about. Imagine setting up characters that get maybe thirty minutes of screen time in the movie. We then get to the middle of the movie it just **** drags on for about another forty five minutes to an hour. Pointless **** after pointless **** We finally get to the dining where they then start to rush things. We get two hours of straight of bull**** and 37 minutes of rushed action scenes that were alright.

These movies are known for its great special effects, but it seems like they took the cheap route and decided to make graphics that would be terrible for a 2005 movie. Some of the graphics looked straight up cheap and were actually glitch most of the time. The first transformers had better graphics than these. So basically imagine taking the second Transformers movie and making the graphics ****tier, the characters more unforgettable, having two hours of **** around, with terrible acting. Well the second transformers didn't have the most stellar acting, but dear god was it better than this movie.

Speaking of acting and characters. I could literally give tow **** ****s about anyone in this movie besides Optimus Prime. Mark tired to save his character with some pretty descent acting, but dear god was his character a **** He was getting run over by his daughters boyfriend the whole time. Saying **** about his daughter and without blinking an eye. . It was as if Michael Bay wanted one of the worst families of all time. At least Michael was smart enough to kill that brain dead **** in the beginning. Save us from 2 and a half hours of ****ty jokes. Though the worst acting in the movie goes to the daughter. See looked familiar and I had trouble pin pointing. If you don't know, she's that annoying girl from the last airbender. That's all you need to know about her acting ability

The storyline wasn't even cornerstone half the time. They had like five different story lines going at one time, with flaws that were so damn obvious. Michael bay keeps trying to bring back Megatron and it's flipping annoying. He's now brought back as Galvatron, a man made transformer that was built Stanley's company. He basically has the same memories, but a different boy. Boy was he dumb looking as well. We move onto this random bounty hunter that wants Prime because the creators of these Transformers want him. Probably the worst looking transformer, with the ****iest back sorry, and pretty much disappears randomly throughout the movie. While that going on, we Stanley's character working with Kelsey Grammar's character to true and get the seed to get more metal. This metal is what the transformers are made out of and they're a able to make man made transformers out of it. Some how this **** can float and break apart whenever it feels like it, but not when it's convenient for survival. It's as if monkeys made the story for this movie.

The only thing I liked about this movie was the Dinobots, they were pretty **** cool and were the highlight of the movie. Though they decided to only have them in the last thirty minutes. I would have to say Mark also was good. Did his best to not make his character totally **** unmemorable.

I need to stop or I will just go on and on about this **** terrible movie. Basically, **** Bay and I will never pay for another Transformers movie. 1/10
  74. Jul 10, 2014
    Hate to see that China is involving so much in the movie.
    I am personally from HK and its really upsetting to hear the line "we need to call the central government for help now"! and "the central government will defend Hong Kong at all costs"!
    Hate to see that China is involving so much in the movie.
    can the chinese please dont ruin the movie with the political issues... you want to show the world that hk is under china and china will protect hk?! please fuxk off this is totally not the truth

And i wonder who would open the fridge and get a drink in the middle of a fight. not to mention the scene was shoot in hk but the soya milk is from FUXKING china and not hk.

overall the plot is poor acting is poor.. the worse part... the movie is a joint production between Paramount Pictures and two fuxking Chinese companies - China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises
  75. Jul 17, 2014
    Wow, what a crap of the movie! One of the most boring action movie created by human kind, and its Transformers, wow, Michael Bay just surpassed himself! Three hour of complete waste of everyone's time
  76. Jun 27, 2014
    The director, screenplay writers and producers took everything that was tedious, incoherent and ineffective from every previous installment of this franchise and turned the dial to 11. Long ago I thought that Shia LeBouf was annoying naturally, by the high order of his genes, now I stand forcefully corrected when an actor that I actually like, Mark Whalberg, was transformed into the onlyThe director, screenplay writers and producers took everything that was tedious, incoherent and ineffective from every previous installment of this franchise and turned the dial to 11. Long ago I thought that Shia LeBouf was annoying naturally, by the high order of his genes, now I stand forcefully corrected when an actor that I actually like, Mark Whalberg, was transformed into the only main character model that Michael Bay obviously understands or knows: Shia LeBouf. The same can be said of any female protagonist. Now instead of Megan Fox, there is a blond actress that has been turned into Megan Fox by a similar conjuration of template swapping, with the added annoyance that she is not even capable of the already meager autosufficiency her previous incarnation showed in her turn as "the film's girl". This time, she is twice-damsel-in-distress by having to be rescued out of her screenplay stupor by TWO main male protagonists: father and boyfriend (both miraculosly looking the same age).
    Disjointed and incongruent even for a movie based on toys and boring and long beyond any wet dreams Michael Bay has ever had about pushing his style to the limits and making the ultimate boring and long film.
    Do not reward these people with your money, and what is more important, do not ENCOURAGE them with your presence at some theatre, to keep on making these abominations they call cinema.
  77. Jun 29, 2014
    Same of same, even more boring with the story line, Its more like 3hrs of noise, noise and more noise, the movie focused mainly on 3 people the whole time, imagine such size of Chaos and no military or government intervention. It doesnt make sense that some bunch of robots come out of nowhere fighting each other and all people do is just run, no plans to intervene of at least querry theSame of same, even more boring with the story line, Its more like 3hrs of noise, noise and more noise, the movie focused mainly on 3 people the whole time, imagine such size of Chaos and no military or government intervention. It doesnt make sense that some bunch of robots come out of nowhere fighting each other and all people do is just run, no plans to intervene of at least querry the situation. Really senseless. Expand
  78. Jul 2, 2014
    Sifting through the different reviews though the weekend I have noticed one primary criticism of TAOE – The movie’s length. Personally, I felt (somewhat stubbornly) that as long as Michael Bay just keeps me entertained I can look past the length and enjoy the movie. The problem – The first half of the movie was a drag, with little entertainment, little humor, little action and terribleSifting through the different reviews though the weekend I have noticed one primary criticism of TAOE – The movie’s length. Personally, I felt (somewhat stubbornly) that as long as Michael Bay just keeps me entertained I can look past the length and enjoy the movie. The problem – The first half of the movie was a drag, with little entertainment, little humor, little action and terrible (nonexistent) character development. Michael Bay could have easily trimmed the first hour and a half into a half hour. (Thus you have a 2 hour movie instead of a 3 hour movie – those movie theater seats are tough to sit through for 3 hours)

Halfway through this movie was well on its way to being the worst Transformers movie to date – and then something rare happened – Bay finally found his niche – and when he did – it was something special. The human story and the Transformers story found cohesiveness, the action picked up, the musical score made you care and a terrible film turned into a really solid entry. As usual the plot serves as an excuse for Michael Bay to blow things up, but it wasn’t as atrocious as the last two entries, it just needed to blow things up faster!

(Pros – Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammar, Lockdown, Dinobots and the final battle – Cons – The entire first half of the movie and the lack of humor) – Side Note: Mark Wahlberg’s character is an upgrade over the previous protagonist but you don’t realize it until the second half of the movie.

To conclude - it was all about the length - had Michael Bay trimmed (and he could have easily done so) an hour off of this film - it might have turned out to be the best Transformers yet - but one cannot look past, nor forgive the first hour and a half bore that this movie was. First Half gets a 5/10 and the Second Half gets a 10/10. Final Rating 7.5 out of 10 (Rounded to 8)
  79. Jun 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. let me start by saying that up until this film i loved everything about transformers. even for me the second movie was ok. (not the best but ok}. the first and the third movie being the stand outs for any robot loving action orientated film goer!
    this newest installment is an insult to anyone who is a fan of the previous 3 films, an insult and a bloated self indulgent piece of trash.
    the rules that were established in the series are repeatedly broken. things like humans making there own transformers, the autobots and the decepticons now having a maker. yes you heard me correctly, they have there own god. i could go on and on but will just make myself as angry as i was when i was watching the film.
    save your money and for the director, please give up on transformers........ for all our sakes
  80. Jun 28, 2014
    This was pretty bad. It's been a while since I really felt like walking out on a movie and this one's 2.75 hour run time didn't help at all. The acting was atrocious. It felt like Michael Bay probably didn't even direct this. I get the feeling he just told the actors where to go each day while he went off and did something else. Even the action scenes were boring and rehashes of what we'veThis was pretty bad. It's been a while since I really felt like walking out on a movie and this one's 2.75 hour run time didn't help at all. The acting was atrocious. It felt like Michael Bay probably didn't even direct this. I get the feeling he just told the actors where to go each day while he went off and did something else. Even the action scenes were boring and rehashes of what we've seen before.

To top it all off, for the first 3/4 of the movie Optimus acts like a jackass and the autobots he ends up with are a ragtag band of misfits that you want to see die just as badly as the bad guys. Ugh what a waste of everything.
  81. Jun 28, 2014
    It was so terribly paced. The entire middle was a waste of time. Acting asides from Marky Mark and Stanley Tucci was atrocious. The new kids were absolutely terrible. It was a completely bloated **** of a film.
  82. Jun 28, 2014
    So, yeah it sucks. lol. Yet another reason why Michael Bay should never be part of a transformers movie. Couple him together with a terrible script and voila, you got yourself an f'd up transformers movie. It really pains me to realize that Michael Bay has made a lot of money from the series, whereas he didn't deserve it at all... Should be a zero but gave it a three because of someSo, yeah it sucks. lol. Yet another reason why Michael Bay should never be part of a transformers movie. Couple him together with a terrible script and voila, you got yourself an f'd up transformers movie. It really pains me to realize that Michael Bay has made a lot of money from the series, whereas he didn't deserve it at all... Should be a zero but gave it a three because of some badassery from the autobots. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO SEE THIS ONE AT A THEATER!!!...wait for the dvd release or google it for a free one ;D Expand
  83. Jun 27, 2014
    This movie is spectacularly bad.. and that's coming from someone who loved the first two and thought the third was alright. The plot was nonexistent, it was way too long, and the acting was laughably atrocious other than maybe Stanley Tucci's performance.
  84. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This "Transformers" installment was alright. It's wasn't bad, but not great either, just...alright. First off, I'm comfortable with the new live action cast; not that I had a problem with LeBeouf or Fox or anyone from the previous films, but the films were getting repetitive, whereas this one feels a bit more fresh. The only human character I had beef with was Lucas, because I found him to be quite annoying and useless. While it was somewhat sad the way he died, I was just glad there wouldn't be any more dumb quips from his constantly close-up face. Also, Cade and Tessa's whole "I'm an overprotective parent, and I'm a teen who wants to be free" schtick has been done to death in so many other movies; I really didn't care for that here. However, switching gears a little, the fact that the military wasn't really involved in this movie was actually a fine change of pace. It was more focused on the government and KSI, the company that has obtained the metal the Transformers are made of (which, by the way, is uncreatively dubbed "transformium," and that IS what they call it throughout the film). Now on to the Transformers; for one, they kept the Autobot cast short, with only Prime, Bumblebee, and Brains (Ratchet as well, but he dies in the beginning) being the only returning characters from the other films. Hound, Drift, and Crosshairs were all new to the film, and they were alright. Lockdown is a newly-introduced Decepticon who was pretty badass in my opinion, so there's not much to say there. While Galvatron, a reincarnated Megatron with Prime's likeness, was a cool addition, I'd thought he'd have a bigger role than he'd turned out to have. His "I'll get you next time Gadget"-esque quip near the end suggests he'll be back for the fifth installment, so there's hope for him there. Now, on to my biggest issue; the Dinobots. While they were visually awesome, they weren't in the movie for that long. Since the beginning of the movie they were teased, but they only physically showed up to kick ass in the last act, which disappointed me. In fact, though the concept was cool, they really didn't need to be in the film at all; they only serve as a physical metaphor for the "Extinction" part of the movie title. That whole concept of "an asteroid didn't wipe out the dinosaurs, Transformers did" was pretty dumb as well; they could've done something different with that. If I can add two more small things to nitpick about, it'd be the product placement (though the Bud Light scene was actually pretty comical) and Prime's unexplained rocket boosters when he zooms into space at the very end (wouldn't that have been quite the game-changer if he had those for the whole movie? Where'd he get them??). So all-in-all, for this movie not being a reboot, but merely continuing the story with a different cast of characters, it was, again, just alright. Usually when it comes to a film series, I find myself not liking fourths and fifths unless they're done well, and while not phenomenal, this movie did okay. I say check it out and judge for yourselves. Expand
  85. Jul 2, 2014
    For a Transformers movie there is not enough Transformers. Mark Wahlberg was good better than Shia Labeouf in my opinion. I cant totally hate on any Transformer movie as I am an action movie fan and this movie does do that well. When there isn't action however it gets boring and a lot of cheesy dialogue. My least favourite Transformers to date.
  86. Jul 28, 2014
    I liked this movie more than others. A plot a bit more polished, and a little' less trivial. Obviously with the usual nonsense from the blockbuster movie, but all in all with some nice ideas.
  87. Jul 18, 2014
    Both scores, professional and public, ring false. Feels like a few lonely voices nattering as Transformers makes its way to another billion dollars or more. Somebody is flocking to the theaters to see this movie in defiance of those who see it as some sort of IQ dissolver. Well, the movie was entertaining. Mark Wahlberg brought some welcome energy to the movie. And Michael "laughing alBoth scores, professional and public, ring false. Feels like a few lonely voices nattering as Transformers makes its way to another billion dollars or more. Somebody is flocking to the theaters to see this movie in defiance of those who see it as some sort of IQ dissolver. Well, the movie was entertaining. Mark Wahlberg brought some welcome energy to the movie. And Michael "laughing al the way to the bank" Bay did his job, as expected. Lengthwise one certainly got their money's worth. There was a tonne of new stuff. So, who are these whingers? Some class of movie intelligentsia dedicated to stamping out mindless big summer billion dollar movies? The movie is for children and anyone who doesn't have a bit of child left in them is in a sorry state indeed. My kid loved it; and he has an IQ well above average. Expand
  88. Aug 23, 2014
    this movie is really awesome if you want to see action and action and action, just turn off your brain and enjoy those special effects, and if you don't like that don't go and watch this movie
  89. Jul 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good film, but i felt that it needed more autobots and decepticons, metaphorically. action and violence sometimes are so short: i wanted more scenes with the dinobots. I'm agree with Wahlberg being the father who protects his family: his daughter. Tucci and his obsession, sometimes insane and maddening, makes laugh. for the next time i think that mr. kruger and mr. bay must add more development on the characters. finally: it's a good film but it need more elements. Expand
  90. Jul 8, 2014
    I enjoyed Transformers Age of Extinction to the point that I watched it twice and snuck into the showings that had started a bit after mine so that I could simply catch that last 30-45 mins. Negative reviews are partly based on the fact that we had seen this before and that it was all done before. And that’s valid. But I approach each film by seeing if the transformers film I want to watchI enjoyed Transformers Age of Extinction to the point that I watched it twice and snuck into the showings that had started a bit after mine so that I could simply catch that last 30-45 mins. Negative reviews are partly based on the fact that we had seen this before and that it was all done before. And that’s valid. But I approach each film by seeing if the transformers film I want to watch is playing before me. And so far it wasn’t. It had dogs humping, robots peeing, masturbation jokes, very little robot action, and blurry action when you got it, and an abundance of comic relief characters. I hate them all (comic relief characters and films)!
    And then I got this one. It had all the robot action I could need, and clean longer shots you could follow, the robots were distinguishable, and the humans didnt piss me off to no end. You might find this a very juvenile list of needs, but we are talking about a movie based off a toy line in the 80s. For so many films I just kept thinking “how hard is it to mess this up, it’s about giant robots fighting, just show us that” and I finally got it. I finally got my big dumb robot film that doesn’t annoy me. Now, I never ever need to watch the other ones again. It might suck that this is the same film as the others for you, but I am thankful because to me it’s the better version of the film Michael Bay was always trying to make, and I am glad that I now have a transformers movie I can bear to rewatch. That’s my review!
  91. Aug 5, 2014
    There is so many things you will like in this movie...
    There is some things that you can't understand,just watching the first movie,the second(that is my second favorite),and the third.
    I recommend this movie to everyone,The action is very cool and i had a good laugh in sometimes.
  92. Jul 7, 2014
    this is a good film I don't know what movie alot of people watched and posted there review here or they are on drugs, the other 3 films are better but that doesn't mean this one is bad, this movie should be watched for the dinobots alone
  93. Jul 7, 2014
    Pésima película, historia sin sentido; actuaciones mal logradas. Lo únio bueno que puedo decir son sus efectos especiales, fueron muy bien logrados. Pero a estás alturas ya todo es de relleno, debió haberse quedado en la segunda.
  94. Jul 5, 2014
    I can't make a movie, so my score originally as me as the audience. The CGI was really awesome. It's better than Superman last movie or Pacific Rim. It's also a smart twist protagonist characters issue, better than Robocop remake #LOL. I did hate Optimus Prime since the third movie. I mean he's really not a good leader. So, the problem was the character of the robots. They're beingI can't make a movie, so my score originally as me as the audience. The CGI was really awesome. It's better than Superman last movie or Pacific Rim. It's also a smart twist protagonist characters issue, better than Robocop remake #LOL. I did hate Optimus Prime since the third movie. I mean he's really not a good leader. So, the problem was the character of the robots. They're being boring. So, if it's the last Transformers from Michael Bay, I think he did the best. And we know, now, Michael Bay is Jurassic Park fans. Well, one lack thing about the movie was how lucky all the human main characters survived. There's the moment when one of them fell and rolled to the street, but not get hurt at all. #awkward Expand
  95. Jul 5, 2014
    this movie was just wow amazing explosions badass transformers and one of my favorite actors the plot was like call of duty were people try to save the world from a bomb but everything else was amazing
  96. Jul 26, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is a movie that recycles almost everything you have seen in all the three previous movies, but this time with a fresh cast that is surprisingly redeeming to the one blockbuster franchise that knows it is so pathetic, but I was enjoying it. At the end of the day, I found myself the only one applauding at the end of the movie; yes it is a guilty pleasure of mine.
  97. Jul 6, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is a awful movie ,Bay's now made the same film four times, I fell asleep about a good 15 minutes into the movie ,The only decent movie Bay ever made is The Island. I like that one.
  98. Aug 11, 2014
    This movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool specialThis movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool special effects on the first film but the next time out you better have a great story line behind it because the new technology is no longer impressive on its own. Well after a steady decline from the first transformers to the 3rd it seems like Bay and his writers finally got it together. The introduced a new villain who is strong and makes the audience fell the actual danger he presents to optimus and the rest of the autobots. Also I liked the change in characters as the old characters were becoming to boring and predictable. Walhberg in Age of Extinction helps "transform" the Transformer franchise from a action franchise trying to be a comedy back into an actual action franchise that has some comedy within it. Also the addition of some new concepts and (CGI) characters also make the plot and storyline, as well as action that much more interesting. Transformers is back with this installment. Expand
  99. Aug 14, 2014
    Best movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hangBest movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hang themselves. Could be the movie of the decades, if it wasn't for those bastards who rate below 4.5 stars! I never went to the restroom even though I really need to. If I'm the theater managers, I would sells the tickets for this movie about $124.99 dollars. This movie is not for the low-intelligence who can't even rate a movie correctly. Better than Mr. Turner and Life Itself! If I can change this movie, I would add two autobots who is a Lexus LFA and a Subaru BRZ STi! Expand
  100. Sep 18, 2014
    This has to be the worst movie in the series, and that says a lot after seeing Transformers 2 and 3. There are no likable human analogs, not even Mark Wahlberg's character was redeemable. The only people who could possibly like it are children that car nothing about the plot and only want to see gray on gray violence. If they cut out all the unneeded slow motion scenes the movie wouldThis has to be the worst movie in the series, and that says a lot after seeing Transformers 2 and 3. There are no likable human analogs, not even Mark Wahlberg's character was redeemable. The only people who could possibly like it are children that car nothing about the plot and only want to see gray on gray violence. If they cut out all the unneeded slow motion scenes the movie would have come in at less than 2 hours and 45 minutes. If you want a good Transformers movie, watch the cartoon film from 1987. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Jan 9, 2015
    When someone in Age Of Extinction carps about “crap sequels and remakes” in movies, you almost choke on the audacity.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Frankl
    Jul 10, 2014
    Does Michael Bay fit the criteria of an auteur? He certainly has his own line of distinctive tropes: the migraine-inducing noise, the fetishistic gloss, the playground-bully characters elevated to hero status and a fervently male gaze.
  3. Reviewed by: Owen Williams
    Jul 7, 2014
    The loyal fans — and they are legion — will trot out clichés like, “Leave your brain at the door,” and defend Age Of Extinction’s right to be nothing but a succession of varoom! and kersmash! sequences. For those who aren’t still blindly faithful to something they liked when they were nine, despite the colossal scale, there’s little to see here.