4.7

1. Dec 27, 2014
    High marks just for the sheer strength of over-the-top amazing SFX. Yes, there were plot holes, discontinuities and implausibilities but the focus is the Transformers and their mission and that's delivered in spades once again.
  2. Dec 27, 2014
    I love Transformers, dearly, always have done. I have the Decepticon logo tattooed on my hand. If that's not a statement, what is?
    Visually great, always is with Michael Bays movies, but the cast!? Mark Walhberg clearly wasn't the correct character for the part. It shows. For 165 minutes.
    It pains me to say that Shia LaBeouf controlled a much stronger, interesting, witty lead role. Mark Walhbergs character is just all around lack-luster, he's not interesting nor funny, neither charismatic or confident.
    For me, the movie fell apart entirely once they unveiled the Dinobots, I had waited many, many years to see Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl and Swoop on the silver screen but according to my partner, I was asleep. I'm sure they looked pretty nice though.
    The only thing this movie had going for it was visuals.
    The things the movie did NOT have going for it; Cast, Dialogue, Story, Ambition.

Go watch 2; Revenge of the Fallen.
    or the G1 animated series from the 80's.
  3. Dec 24, 2014
    Just hit mute and fast forward to the fight scenes. The acting is worse then a B movie terror flick on the Scifi channel. The only redeeming value are the graphics and action
  4. Dec 23, 2014
    A marginal improvement on the last movie. Far, far, far too long. Most of the "human" element could easily of been cut. Wahlberg, Grammer and Tucci seem to be having fun in their roles and they make the movie a bit more bearable.

The plot is an interesting one, however is so drawn out it can be little hard to remain vested. A real, real shame how little the Dino-bots are in the movie, but when they are there, they are awesome.

The Autobots this time are a bit more flushed out and have a bit more personality. Likely because of how few of them there are. The villains on the other hand seem a bit disorganised in the focus. It seems Bay couldn't decide who the main villain should be, but concluded with an obvious tease to a sequel.

Overall:
    Transformers AOE isn't terrible, even a bit enjoyable at times, but it drags on so damn much that it really makes it hard to even try to like it.

Note to the Producers:
    If you make a movie intentionally long, be sure that the screen time is utilized properly. Also, quit making all your female leads look like pin-up hookers. Seriously, WTF? There's a fine line between hot and smut.
  5. Dec 21, 2014
    Despite good visual effects,the movie suffers from the plot and too much fight scenes that one question that you'll always ask "What The **** is Happening?".This yet the dumbest ,most incoherent Transformers movie Yet.
  6. Dec 19, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the worst movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the most boring movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is one of the longest movies I've ever watched. It's running time rivals The Lord of the Rings movies. I absolutely hate Transformers: Age of Extinction.The only thing I liked about this movie was seeing MarkTransformers: Age of Extinction is the worst movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the most boring movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is one of the longest movies I've ever watched. It's running time rivals The Lord of the Rings movies. I absolutely hate Transformers: Age of Extinction.The only thing I liked about this movie was seeing Mark Wahlberg act and thinking about how he would make the perfect Nathan Drake. But of course something like that would not get me to budge from a 0/10. Oh, and what makes this movie even worse, is that I saw one of my favourite movies of all time in the next week! Transformers: Age of Extinction will always be my least favourite movie of all time until death! Expand
  7. Dec 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ratchet dies. . Expand
  8. Dec 13, 2014
    Another million dollar waste. These Transformer films are all the same, massive budgets and lacklustre revenue. The story is poor, the characters are poor, the idea that a fourth instalment is acceptable is poor. Nothing about it sets it apart from previous instalments convincingly. The use of CGI is incredible, but misplaced, within an unworthwhile production that nobody will evenAnother million dollar waste. These Transformer films are all the same, massive budgets and lacklustre revenue. The story is poor, the characters are poor, the idea that a fourth instalment is acceptable is poor. Nothing about it sets it apart from previous instalments convincingly. The use of CGI is incredible, but misplaced, within an unworthwhile production that nobody will even remotely remember. Expand
  9. Dec 4, 2014
    The Fourth Installment in the Transformers Movie Franchise in which all directed by the well-known ( in certain aspects ) Michael Bay! I was able to purchase a ticket and see this movie in the cinema. One of the best place's mankind has ever invented. Anyway, I liked it, because I gave it a 7/10 and my own Metascore to this movie? A 69/100. Of course, I gave those ratings the day after IThe Fourth Installment in the Transformers Movie Franchise in which all directed by the well-known ( in certain aspects ) Michael Bay! I was able to purchase a ticket and see this movie in the cinema. One of the best place's mankind has ever invented. Anyway, I liked it, because I gave it a 7/10 and my own Metascore to this movie? A 69/100. Of course, I gave those ratings the day after I saw the movie and I never finished my review, so I plan to buy it on blu-ray and see it there ( maybe 3D If I'm lucky ), and then lets see if I will still give it a 7/10 and a 69/100.

If not, then I will change my score and I will mention it in the re-posting the comment here. Lets see what happens!
  10. Nov 27, 2014
    This is a new low even for Michael Bay. This is the worst movie I've seen all year and worst of all, it's NO DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER THREE. Michael Bay gives us the same exact movie and at this point, stop making these cash grabs! This is a terrible movie!
  11. Nov 26, 2014
    i can't believe michael bay is getting away with just throwing the same rubbish that i din't like the first time on screen over and over again. it was too long ,too dumb and once again relayed too hard on it's special effects over telling a story. It's the worst film 2014 for me in so many ways and i'm convinced mark walhberg is trying to kill his career. oh and bay just because you pointi can't believe michael bay is getting away with just throwing the same rubbish that i din't like the first time on screen over and over again. it was too long ,too dumb and once again relayed too hard on it's special effects over telling a story. It's the worst film 2014 for me in so many ways and i'm convinced mark walhberg is trying to kill his career. oh and bay just because you point out what you're doing is painful and stupid doesn't make it any less painful and stupid Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2014
    Mark Wahlberg didn't help at all by replacing Shia LaBeouf as the protagonist. He possibly made the franchise worse. I'm starting to think that it's not the actor, but the writers and director, that should be replaced.
  13. Nov 21, 2014
    Feeling tired when I see this movie. Michael Bay returns with his worn and dull formula, where we only see carcasses flying and explosions and battle scenes poorly made.
  14. Nov 18, 2014
    This movie shows clearly that the Transformers movie series has reached its limits and has nothing else to offer. Same formula as the others with the twist of Autobots and humans now being enemies. The new Autobot's design is very bad and none of them are likeable, I find them all very annoying. Same goes for the human protagonists. A complete lack of charisma.
  15. Nov 17, 2014
    Transform This
    Transform This
    What can Michael Bay do in his sleep? The answer—and there is only one answer—is massive amounts of action and huge explosions that light up movie theatres everywhere. Non-stop action with as little dialogue as possible and more destruction than a F5 tornado tearing ass across Alabama. Boats flying, planes crashing, and every girl screaming for her life and to top it all off, the hottest young woman Bay can find as the damsel in distress. Transformers Age of Extinction has all of this.
    Leading up to release, I saw trailers filled with raw action and introduced my favorite characters from the Transformers franchise. The Dinobots. Colossal transforming robots that take the shape of Dinosaur—twice the size and twice the power—and Grimlock, the Dino-bot leader. He is an over sized Tyrannosaurus Rex with a temper on a really short fuse. New looks for the returning characters from the previous movie and new characters from the franchise’s roots. Super car manufacturer from the round the world, send their fastest and most expensive products for the cast. Every Transformers movie has really only been expensive car commercials with a bad love story and a lot of explosions. Of course, this is a stereotype of Bay’s works but, Age of Extinction look to have more potential than its predecessors. Now I normally rate movies by how engaging—via story and action—they are and how cringe worthy any scene is. I followed the movie like a hawk since was announced and thought the new human cast would do better than the previous one. I was excited.
    Now since I finished this action packed thrill ride, I was half impressed and half disappointed. As I had predicted, the movie was filled with mammoth action scenes and enough explosions to make a fireworks display jealous. What Age of Extinction doesn't have is a plot—no beginning, middle, or end to speak of. The best description of the conflict is the US government is responding to the aftermath or the transformer invasion in the previous movie by hiring a robot bounty hunter, Lockdown. In exchange for a device that create more resources for human made transformers, the CIA tracks down the leader of the Auto-bots—the good robots—Optimus Prime. The only problem for the human is they have brought the original enemy from the first three movies back from the dead. After the Auto-bots are out of options and on the run, they recruit the Dino-bots to end the fight. That makes up the bulk of the story elements, the rest action. I didn’t find the story engaging. I cringed as I watched one of my favorite franchises get ruined. Transformers Age of Extinction is an action scene with short interaction between the human characters and transformers. Age of Extinction is all action and insignificant exposition with a pathetic love story between the main human character’s daughter and some Irish guy. Oh, did I mention that product placement is too much with appearances from Bud Light and Dr. Dre’s Beats. Let’s be honest, no one goes to see a Transformers movie for the human, they want to see sentient robots destroy each other.
    The most redeeming character from the entire cast is Lockdown. He is the perfect, heartless, genius enemy that the franchise needed but he is not enough to make Bay’s critics jump. Critics tore into this movie for its lack of story and how the Age of Extinction seems lazy. For example Rolling Stone’s Peter Tavers said this in his review of Age of Extinction, “Bay, with the help of screenwriter Ehren Kruger, is telling the same damn story as he did before.” Peter admits in his review that there are new characters but other than that he rips Bay’s setup and execution of Age of Extinction apart.
    To sum up Michael Bay’s newest smash fest, Transformers Age of Extinction. I give this a 5/10. It’s a good action movie but its lack of flowing story keeps it to an average score. The movie is a never ending action roller coasters. If you are looking for great action move, Transformers is a good way to waste the day away but if you’re craving more than what Bay can offer, look elsewhere.
  16. Nov 13, 2014
    "Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

"Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

The Good: The human cast is an improvement over the previous casts. While they were mostly in the way, they were at least mostly tolerable. The story, at least initially, wasn't bad. A black ops mission to kill all Transformers, while convincing the public/government that they are only hunting evil Decepticons, was promising. Kelsey Grammar was excellent as the film's human antagonist. When the Dinobots (finally) show up, it is a pretty amazing spectacle.

The Bad: First off, the film clocks in at just under THREE HOURS. That is three hours of bombastic Micheal Bay action and at around the 1:15 mark, the decent story falls apart and becomes silly. Revolving around a rare mineral called "Transformiam" (I kid you not), we watch as Bay re-creates the first three films with the same scenes, same action sequences, and same silly dialogue. I'll give him credit, the potty humor was gone ... but Bay couldn't help but interject a series of one-liners from every character's mouth regardless of the situation. As in the previous installments, the robot villains are mostly drones devoid of any sort of personality and the overwhelming majority of them are targets that seem to explode on contact. Also, as usual once again, the humans seem invincible and had no problem jumping into a battle involving anywhere from 3 to 20 robots leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. I can suspend belief to an extent, but our heroes survived crashes, long falls, explosions, shrapnel, repeated hails of bullets, and all out attacks from Decepticons. Give me a break. Moderately better than the last two Transformers films, the fourth installment is just as messy, boring, and disappointing as it's predecessors. Bay clearly does not care about the mythology or story behind the Autobots and Decepticons and is simply using the license to make a horrible robot/alien invasion film. Purists and fans of the source material will once again walk away shaking their heads.
  17. Nov 12, 2014
    Not the best film ever done, but a HUGE upgrade from "Dark of the Moon", which was a complete mess. Marky Mark does well and the story/writing at least makes a little more sense this time around. Worth watching.
  18. Nov 11, 2014
    Watch the Honest trailers and Everything wrong with videos on youtube regarding Transformers Age Of Extinction that's all I can say................Bye
  19. Nov 10, 2014
  20. Nov 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is exactly what you expect from a Transformer movie. If you like Transformer movies, this will fit the bill just fine. What really bums me out, is that T.J. Miller's character is killed in the first 20 minutes of the movies. We'll ignore the fact that, though he was a close member of the family, and it is his horrible betrayal that sets the events of the film in motion, he's never even mentioned again. We'll ignore that and bemoan the fact that a horrible opportunity for comedy was needlessly missed. He really could have elevated this movie, and he does, for 20 minutes, until he's cooked alive in asphalt lava by some evil transformer bounty hunter. There's a lot of Stupid in this movie, but man, that one just really sucked. Expand
  21. Nov 8, 2014
    One of the best movie of 2014.And one of the best movie based on a famous franchise.I love Transformers cartoon and i love Transformers movie.Transformers: Age of Extinction is a great movie
  22. Nov 4, 2014
    Otra película de Transformers??? ¿de verdad? analicemos un poco las anteriores
    Transformers: Muy bien hecha, la historia, los efectos y las secuencias de acción son entretenidas y muy bien hechas (la mejor de todas)
    Otra película de Transformers??? ¿de verdad? analicemos un poco las anteriores
    Transformers 2: Es increíble como la primera película es una excelente adaptación, si hubieran respetado el mismo estilo que la primera parte, no hubieran caído tan bajo, repleta de chistes malos, trama aburrida y lo unico que recuerdo es como un robot se follaba la pierna de Megan Fox
    Transformers 3: Mas de lo mismo pero con una duración de casi 3 horas...
    Transformers 4: MAS, MAS MAS Y MAS DE LO MISMO!
    la historia: aburrida, floja, sin chiste, lo unico llamativo son los efectos (Que en esta son cansados hasta morir) muchas explosiones, (Michael explosiones locas Bay) cansan, los chistes son tontos, dan pena, y su duración eterna hacen que sea insoportable.
  23. Nov 2, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction lacks in originality, an interesting narrative or any sense of empathy towards the characters. The focus is on how much bigger the special effects can get from the previous film, evident in the emergence of the Dinobots in this film (which were definitely cool). However this does not warrant the absolute lack of any proper story, especially so when the filmTransformers: Age of Extinction lacks in originality, an interesting narrative or any sense of empathy towards the characters. The focus is on how much bigger the special effects can get from the previous film, evident in the emergence of the Dinobots in this film (which were definitely cool). However this does not warrant the absolute lack of any proper story, especially so when the film is bloated with tons of fight scenes with nothing remotely intellectually stimulating. Expand
  24. Oct 31, 2014
    This was simply the worst pile of garbage I have ever seen. This series in General has been nothing but a cash grab followed by poor editing, poor writing, bland stories, and plastic characters. 10 Minutes of dinobots and 90 minutes of daddy Daughter nonsense and 40 minutes of product shots.
  25. Oct 29, 2014
    Yet another disappointment from a transformers movie. It is just the same explosion after explosion and no story development what so ever. At least the vehicles are cool and Mark Walberg is good in it, other wise it would be a 0 from me.
  26. Oct 26, 2014
    Another step forward in the history of imagination as manifested in cinema.

From the first Transformers movie, Spielberg and Bay communicated to me that what they were after. More than story, more than characters, they were after an abstract "poetry in motion," a kind of abstract action-painting made possible by ILM's handling of characters made of hundreds of separate, moving pieces.
    Another step forward in the history of imagination as manifested in cinema.

This goal was evidenced in the one or two dialog-less action-plus-sound-design sequences in the first film, which succeeded in my mind--and I think in theirs--as "poetry in motion."

The latest "Extinction" movie succeeds as poetry in motion at least as well as earlier episodes.

I suggest people stop reviewing Transformer movies as “adult” movies or movies for adults. They are for eight year old eyes; or, maybe even four and five year old boy eyes. When you were forming your visual and imaginative vocabulary as a child, can you imagine how this Transformers movie might impress you? I think very powerfully in a mostly good way, as movies go.

That Transformer movies are weak in character and plot does not bother me because they dare to create something much more difficult: an authentic fairy tale. In this "Extinction" is among the best one or two Transformer-movies-as-fairy-tales.
  27. Oct 26, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is no doubt a stunning film. Well, it is a Transformers film after all, you know, flashy robots changing from cars and stuffs. But, just like two of its predecessors, it is a forgettable title even for a standard movie. The story is broken since the first scene, and getting worse by minutes. Pops, some guys jumped in from nowhere and started killing eachTransformers: Age of Extinction is no doubt a stunning film. Well, it is a Transformers film after all, you know, flashy robots changing from cars and stuffs. But, just like two of its predecessors, it is a forgettable title even for a standard movie. The story is broken since the first scene, and getting worse by minutes. Pops, some guys jumped in from nowhere and started killing each other, and the action sequences lack awesomeness. Even the robots looked fake, too any redundant details, and ugly as hell. Micheal Bay is getting lazy, and he's not making it right by throw a punch of **** ideas into a "should have been good" film. Expand
  28. Oct 24, 2014
    Wow, this movie sucked. I liked Transformers 1 and 3 quite a bit and I was expecting to like this one. For a start the run time is atleast 20 minutes too long for a Transformers movie, the humans are really weak, even worse than Sam. This movie was written by the guy who wrote TF 2 in 2009 and it shows. The writing is **** dredfull.
    3/10 only because some of the action was pretty cool.
  29. Oct 21, 2014
    It's a Michael Bay Transformers movie. You know what to expect. If you're not a fan of the series then don't watch it. However even if you're like me and enjoyed the previous movies you may be in for disappointment. It's easily the weakest in the series.

Surprisingly there's not as much action this time around. Instead it tries to focus more on it's story, which is far from the series strong suit. It falls short thanks to boring characters, both human and transformer. The plot is also very nonsensical and filled with holes. Autobots will be in one scene and disappear from the next with no explanation in order to focus on Optimus Prime in one on one duels. The film also seems to forget that it's enemies have the ability to rebuild themselves. Every attempt at humor falls flat.

So how's the action? It's still big explosions and lots of destruction. Easily the film's most entertaining aspect. Still, the majority of it just ends up becoming visual noise. The series biggest appeal can't even save it as an explosion filled popcorn-flick. I

It's a really dull film. Not even my typical mindset of "I'm here for the explosions" could bring me much enjoyment. I kept watching until the end, but I was never really satisfied. It's a mediocre film. One that I give a 5.3/10.
  30. Oct 20, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the perfect dream of a marketing firm. One big commercial promoting all sorts of high end cars, products, and events with some script and giant monsters to connect it all. In other words, Age of Extinction follows on an already established pattern by previous entries in the franchise.

Was this supposed to be a reboot of sorts? Or different in some way?

Was this supposed to be a reboot of sorts? Or different in some way? Just because you change the human cast, that doesn't mean you're making it better. In fact, once again the human aspect of the movie falls flat at best with the occasional terrible line that makes you want to throw something at the screen. However, this time even the Autobots seemed so cheesy and miss-handled. Somehow, the fourth entry in this movie manages to take down storytelling a level below from what the movies before it left it. Is not good at all.

The "5" I give this movie is solely based on the excellent work from the VFX department. Although the action feels incredible hectic at times, the Transformers are still a sight to be hold.

If you enjoy the previous Transformers movies, then there's a legitimate shot you might not like this one. Is somehow worst than the previous ones. Yet, if you just want a crazy ride of nonsense so you can shut down your brain, then my friend this movie is for you. And I respect that!
  31. Oct 18, 2014
    The fourth installment of the blockbuster franchise stars Mark Wahlberg as he finds Optimus Prime and the other autobots in order to stop Megatron and his army.
  32. chw
    Oct 18, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction shouldn't have been made. It's still pretty awesome, though, and it didn't seem boring to me at all at any point during.
  33. Oct 16, 2014
    There's some laughs, better action and cool villains. But since Michael Bay is still the director of the movie; it's too loud and long. Which also holds the film back.
  34. Oct 16, 2014
    -Pathetically stupid story
    -Laughable acting
    -You would wish all he human characters would just kill themselves -Generic Stupid bad guys (cant aim/always hesitate to shoot) -Bad guys cooler than autobots but stupid which is sad (as always) -Stupid people in movie keep calling giant human robots that speak english and act the same way as humans aliens...(im pretty sure xenomorphs feel
    -Pathetically stupid story
    -Laughable acting
    -You would wish all he human characters would just kill themselves
    -Generic Stupid bad guys (cant aim/always hesitate to shoot)
    -Bad guys cooler than autobots but stupid which is sad (as always)
    -Stupid people in movie keep calling giant human robots that speak english and act the same way as humans aliens...(im pretty sure xenomorphs feel insulted)
    -Stupid blonde survives unfortunately despite being incredibly stupid
    -fat autobot calls alien ugly (oh the irony..)
    -Good action
    -Decepticons look awesome as always

Overall its **** filled with lots of 'WHY THE **** moments from me but still worth watching cause and ONLY cause of the action..and dinobots.....

Do yourself a favor and just download it for free at torrent or something because its not worth your money and you can skip the **** of a storyline
  35. Oct 15, 2014
    I swear I've seen this movie 3 other times before...

This game was hyped by the introduction of the dinobots, but they only make an appearance in the last 20 minutes of the film, and barely showcase anything that makes them special or unique. So much of this movie makes little sense to me. Like why is Optimus Prime being injured a big deal when all he needs to do is scan a passing
    I swear I've seen this movie 3 other times before...

So much of this movie makes little sense to me. Like why is Optimus Prime being injured a big deal when all he needs to do is scan a passing truck and become shiny and new again?

UGH. It pains me that this movie made money. LOTS of money. It means Micheal Bay thinks he did something right, and we are in for another 2 installments of this crap...at least.
  36. Oct 13, 2014
    They did a lot of liberty on the adaptation and Michael Bay always has that signature mechanical look and feel on all his movies. You can tell when its by him.
    Nonetheless, as an actual paying individual to watch the movie, it was a sufficiently ok film.
  37. Oct 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is too long, but it's badass fun. Sound Mixing was Really Loud and I liked it. Actors were OK. Storyline Fact: No Storyline. It Will get you confused. So Much Action! This movie is kind of Recommended. Expand
  38. Oct 12, 2014
    in terms of plot and it's about as dumb as the first three. But the new and more charismatic cast of human characters(with the exception of a few) eat up the screen whenever they are on. The auto-bots are the best they've been in this then in the whole series and each one is distinguishable. By the way Lockdown is a badass villain and probably the best character in the movie.
  39. Oct 12, 2014
    Whoever did the sound design for this movie, probably has no job now. It is so bad that miscued clicks and clanks, reloads and movements, will immediately jerk you out of the movie, over and over. On the other hand Extinction does have some decent fight scenes, but they aren't as polished as the previous Transformer films, (meaning they include graphical glitches and tearing, lowWhoever did the sound design for this movie, probably has no job now. It is so bad that miscued clicks and clanks, reloads and movements, will immediately jerk you out of the movie, over and over. On the other hand Extinction does have some decent fight scenes, but they aren't as polished as the previous Transformer films, (meaning they include graphical glitches and tearing, low resolution textures, and an overall CGI quality that makes the entire movie seem less alive.). In a film that is all about Autobots vs.Bad Transformers with Decepticon Brains, this isn't something you can afford to fail at executing in any way. Speaking of transformers, those big guys do have some very good bits of voice acting, a lot coming from John Goodman and a little coming from Peter Cullen, John Dimaggio, Ken, Reno, and crew. That single fact made me care about their survival, These few voice-actors might be the only real strong point of Extinction. Luckily now this film is on Blu-ray, so you can rent it, and then skip through the 50%-%60 of the film that should have never made it out of the editing room. The film is well-over an hour too long! Mark Walhberg tries but his character feels out of place here. The rest of the cast, including Nicola Peltz from The Bates Motel; All have very little depth and are all very weakly established. I literally hated the painful lack of chemistry among the actors so much, it made me wish they would be replaced by the previous cast. Yes, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox would have done better. Oh.. and on top of all that, Kelsey Grammer gives a particularly off-base performance and Micheal Bay made another terrible movie, they should both earn Raspberry Nominations for this. The film is horrifically debilitated and cliche. In one word it is, 'Extinct. Be thankful for that. Expand
  40. Oct 11, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is bland, boring, clunky and generic. The 'reboot' of the cast does nothing to shield the inevitable overlong Michael Bay money mayhem.
  41. Oct 9, 2014
    2 words. Michael Bay.
    If you like having your whole childhood ruined go watch this movie.
    If you don't really care, Go wild! (Even though i don't suggest it)
  42. Oct 8, 2014
    So it's time for another Micheal Bay explosion filled Transformers movie, and that's exactly what you get. Just like past Transformers and the new TMNT movie this one is filled full of amazing eye watering CGI action. Because that's all you really need for a movie like this, The story is...well it's there but not much past the whole "Oh no someone must save the planet from this superSo it's time for another Micheal Bay explosion filled Transformers movie, and that's exactly what you get. Just like past Transformers and the new TMNT movie this one is filled full of amazing eye watering CGI action. Because that's all you really need for a movie like this, The story is...well it's there but not much past the whole "Oh no someone must save the planet from this super strong robot". If you are looking for a great weekend action movie Transformers will do you good, It does run a little long but you wont even notice because your focused on everything exploding.
    oh and did I mention, Dino-Bots(Robotic Dinosaurs)?
  43. Oct 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dear director of Transformers,

I upload this here because I couldn't find the right way to send my Ideas to director of Transformers.

Please read it and share good feedback. ^^

I am Yoo young jin, Grade 2 student.
    I love Transformers soooo much.

I 'd like to share Ideas about the next Transformers 5.
    I've listed some of my ideas here.:

1. I'd like the Characters to be the same as Transformers 4.
    2. I also want the antagonist to be Trucks.
    3. Can you also make a new Antagonist and a new good team? I mean additionally,
    I want a new antagonist (named Stuckers) is made of special liquid.
    When the car goes, suddenly it will turn into liquid and transform to a robot,
    When someone shoot the gun to him he will not die. Because it is liquid.
    And his Armys will be a sports car, very very nice sport car. I can send you a picture of my ideal car.
    4. When Optimus fight with Galvatron there minds will be changed and Optimus will be a bad, Galvatron will be a good side.
    Real good team will not know their minds are changed, so they will kill Galvetron but when they fight Glavatron will kill Drift.

5. Optimus will find a girl friend and they will kill Stuckers.
    6. But some Army will have an electric transforms,
    7. If can I wanna to see the place when you make new film.
    That's all. ^^
  44. Oct 7, 2014
    Please let this franchise die....... Special Effects were awesome, story, acting and pretty much everything else just sucked! This movie has brought down the entire franchise, it has officially Jumped the Shark with this pile of garbage.
  45. Oct 6, 2014
    " The Best GROUNDBREAKING Transformers film ever ". Every generation comes on by then a transformer movie releases and it has impressed me. Its 2014 Transformers get release so far the graphics are a perfection , I think that Erhen Krueger ( Co-Creator of Scream 3 also written the two previous transformers movies). Really made awesome transformers creatures realistic he was not the" The Best GROUNDBREAKING Transformers film ever ". Every generation comes on by then a transformer movie releases and it has impressed me. Its 2014 Transformers get release so far the graphics are a perfection , I think that Erhen Krueger ( Co-Creator of Scream 3 also written the two previous transformers movies). Really made awesome transformers creatures realistic he was not the reason that transformers was not a disappointment). Mark Whalberg as a dad also the girl form the" last airbender " Nicola Peltz as the daughter( she was not the reason i wanted to watched the T4 or Whaleberg). I wanted to watch it because i seen the trailer it got me interested in seeing this movie. So far Shia LeoBouf is not returning i do not know what to say he was good in the Transformers Trilogy also he was in basically in the war with optimus fighting the bad robots ( By the way he will not be returning for Transformers 5). Mark Whalberg replaced him which was something that Transformers needed he was outstanding in this film with that weird alien gun and actually fighting with it and doing things that was able to do in the war his performance was a great conflict between decipticons , war with the anti Transformers humans. I am glad megan fox was in this film she is not hot she is just a stereotype character who loves motor cycles and stripping on it. LeBouf well he his performance in Revenge in fallen , Dark Moon and the 2007 Transformers were pretty awesome which was an A+ performance. There are few stereotypes in this movie were the daughter has a secret boyfriend which the dad never knew about every father and daughter drama movie does that DING DING DING !. also where the girl gets caught in the ship with prime and all she did was scream and bang glass DING DING DING !!!!!!!!!!!! #stereotype. Thats whats Rosie Hunginton Whiteley did in Dark moon. Micheal Bay did it AGAIN !!!!!!! adds stereotypes to his films. Its Micheal Bay's fourth time directing the installement to the transformer series. Which he made T4 awesome and good direction and good adventure for bay directing. i reconsider directing transformers 5.Grade A+ Expand
  46. Oct 5, 2014
    This is the same writing like in in the last 3 movies. At least The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was better.
    everything about it is wrong. Bland characters, bland dialog, horrible CG I, TOO MUCH EXPLOSIONS!!!,
  47. Oct 5, 2014
    When you think of Transformers, you think of awesome CGI and big explosions right? Age Of Extinction has those, but in a very, very long dragged out 2 hour and 45 min movie. Lets start out by saying the acting is terrible, there is a funny character at the beginning, but the comedy dies down after the first 25 minutes and things start to get boring, with suckish plot twists and no aim whatWhen you think of Transformers, you think of awesome CGI and big explosions right? Age Of Extinction has those, but in a very, very long dragged out 2 hour and 45 min movie. Lets start out by saying the acting is terrible, there is a funny character at the beginning, but the comedy dies down after the first 25 minutes and things start to get boring, with suckish plot twists and no aim what so ever for plot or character development this is just a long waste of time. 3/10 Expand
  48. Oct 4, 2014
    It was very entertaining and the fight scenes this time were much better than in the first 3 movies, I also prefer Mark over Shia, I give it an 8/10, it was a very good movie.
  49. Oct 2, 2014
    Actually, this is the worst of the four, and it´s in my top ten worst movies of the year, terrible, boring, uncreative, predictable, and incredibly but incerdibly... stupid, and the reason of all this is: the over-known ending, Optimu´s immortality, boring and not-funny script, obviously story, and the unnecessary over-expendable fight scenes... and dinosaurs.
  50. Sep 30, 2014
    Don't think this will be much of a review rather a rant of just how HORRIBLE this movie really is. Well first things first like most other peoples problem with the movie is that its just too damn long, a movie made for kids doesn't need to have the running time of a Peter Jackson movie simple as that. I was pretty much on auto pilot after the first 40 minutes of the movie and that'sDon't think this will be much of a review rather a rant of just how HORRIBLE this movie really is. Well first things first like most other peoples problem with the movie is that its just too damn long, a movie made for kids doesn't need to have the running time of a Peter Jackson movie simple as that. I was pretty much on auto pilot after the first 40 minutes of the movie and that's actually when the movie starts to pick up. So my mind was pretty much drained of any knowledge at this point and now here comes the onslaught of explosions you'd expect from a Michael Bay movie but holy **** did it never end i mean seriously someone needs to do a cut of this movie and see just how much time is spent on explosions i bet that could be a movie in itself. Now for the plot of the movie.... well wait which one... the one were Megatron oh wait never mind its Galvatron wants to comeback rule again for the umpteenth time or its the one about "The Seed" and them needing to get rid of it so it doesn't explode killing millions of humans or is it the one were Lockdown is hunting autobots and killing them looking for Optimus Prime well whichever one it was they all where crap. I would have rather just liked to have seen Lockdown hunting down Optimus and the other autobots that would have been a way better movie.

All the human characters are completely forgettable and have some of the WORST dialog i have ever heard in a movie the back and forth between Cade (Mark Wahlberg) and his daughters boyfriend Shane (Jack Reynor) was some of the most cringeworthy stuff ever to say the least. Kelsey Grammer was annoying and his character was cliched to hell, Nicola Peltz and Stanley Tucci weren't bad but not good just forgettable. Bumblebee not speaking yet by the fourth film is just ridicules also it seemed like they tried to make him more like Skids and Mudflap in his voice reactions and it just didn't work at all. John Goodman as hound was actually one of the only things a liked about the movie i thought he did a really good voice over and his dialog wasn't bad which helped for sure. The effects were crap and a serious step down from previous installments the way the new transformers could construct and deconstruct themselves was some really bad cgi and so was being able to see the metal move around like liquid and make anything and turns into a Beats speaker pill thing which was some of the most shameless advertisement i have seen but it wasn't as bad as the single worst advertisement i have seen which was the Bud Light beer scene in the movie it was pointless other than to just show the product whats worse is that they even tried to be funny with it but it fails hard now i didn't hate the mountain dew transformer nor the Xbox 360 transformer advertisements in previous installments but these were just terrible.

I can go on for longer but i don't think that's necessary I've gotten my point across that i didn't like the movie.

Overall i give it a 4.0
  51. Sep 29, 2014
    I was coming into this film with expectations of mildly liking it like "Revenge of the Fallen", but I can't give it a higher rating than the red label because of the stunning visual effects and the great action sequences. Other than that, this movie is nothing.
  52. Sep 27, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the king meaningless trash. Unbearable length, endless action sequences, no story at all, way below average acting and a director that simply doesn't understand how to make a film.
  53. Sep 26, 2014
    well this was good really considering these guys are the only guys who can make these movies and really guys we would praise the director for really taking time to do all the stunts and also the animations were well done..the director has maintained the quality of the transformers or made then better especially Optimus Prime's look,but didn't like Mega-tron..who did not maintain his namewell this was good really considering these guys are the only guys who can make these movies and really guys we would praise the director for really taking time to do all the stunts and also the animations were well done..the director has maintained the quality of the transformers or made then better especially Optimus Prime's look,but didn't like Mega-tron..who did not maintain his name or retain his name after rebelling from his garage guys...but really they should have gone the scripts a lot on so many occasions as you watch you will notice some scenes really were bad..script wise....the movie was really long but was worth it though....but the end scenes they seemed as if they rushed to packed events just to cut time..any way yeah its was a dope movie Expand
  54. Sep 23, 2014
    Its as bad as I expected, its Michael Bay so what did you expect? There is something wrong with you if you expected a 95 percent movie here.

The worst thing about this movie is that it took away the ONE thing Bay does well, big special effects loaded action scenes. The effects looked cheap in this one and there were very few transformers in it. Say what you will about him, he can do those like nobody else, its like all his talent is bunched up on that one thing.

There are still many thing I don't understand about the series like why the hell do they shoot bullets and throw physical grenades? They are robots, why don't they shoot lasers like on the show?

Movie logic issue, if these cheap new transformers turn into flying blocks when they transform then how are they killing them? They are like the T-1000 now so if you smash them can't they turn back into blocks then reform?

can they drop the whole bumble bee doesn't talk thing? that got old 10 minutes in.

biggest problem with the movie, the Dinobots... They are in 3 scenes, don't apear until almost the end, there are only 4 and they don't talk.
  55. Sep 22, 2014
    They took the biggest flaws of the original 3, and shaved them down. Less "comic" relief, less black-ops-ey crap, no Shia Lebouf, and less Jar-Jar robots. One of the badguys didn't have a big role, but when he/she survived, it made it rewarding. Secondary villains is only a bad thing if their role doesn't live up, and with the assurance of more movies, no complaints here. The targetThey took the biggest flaws of the original 3, and shaved them down. Less "comic" relief, less black-ops-ey crap, no Shia Lebouf, and less Jar-Jar robots. One of the badguys didn't have a big role, but when he/she survived, it made it rewarding. Secondary villains is only a bad thing if their role doesn't live up, and with the assurance of more movies, no complaints here. The target audience is still teenagers, but it swears as much as it can to lighten that feel. Plus, its based on a cartoon so.. cmon. Everything else is great.

I'd like to hear better scripting. Make the characters sound smart. Even if intelligent script flies over some people's heads, well.. Star Wars: A New Hope confused me as a child but I still watched it daily. Eh, and the liquid-metal transforming thing is just so un-mechanical that it kinda kills the techy setting.

I know its probably too late, don't watch the trailer. It spoils a highlight of the last act.
  56. Sep 22, 2014
    Is this a good movie? God no. But is it thoroughly entertaining in a guilty pleasure sort of way? Yes.
    Allow me to rephrase that. It's a standard Michael Bay movie.
  57. Sep 20, 2014
    OK so let me start off by saying that i am an avid transformers fan but i'm in no way a fanboy, yes the movie might not make any sense in the transformers world, but i honestly enjoyed every second of it, some parts literally had me on the edge of my seat waiting for that next crunching moment, This movie really shows that it is a Michael Bay film because there are a ton of explosions. AndOK so let me start off by saying that i am an avid transformers fan but i'm in no way a fanboy, yes the movie might not make any sense in the transformers world, but i honestly enjoyed every second of it, some parts literally had me on the edge of my seat waiting for that next crunching moment, This movie really shows that it is a Michael Bay film because there are a ton of explosions. And i think that may have been the downfall of the film. Some parts were incredibly stupid and goofy not making any sense at all why they are even there, I think Michael Bay tried too hard to add some comical relief to the film. Some parts honestly looked like a young kid thought the idea for certain scenes. But if you can look past the goofiness and strange storyline i honestly think you will enjoy the film. After watching it, i thought to myself, Its not as bad as every said it was and its definitely not the worst film i have ever seen, It was action packed all the way through and the animations looked amazing as always. But in all fairness the last transformers movie should of been the last one and there didn't need to be a sequel to an already great movies from Michael Bay. So with all that said, This is a movie worth getting on Blu-Ray, as that is the same version i watched today. Expand
  58. Sep 20, 2014
    It might be the best Transformers movie ever made, but it still suffers with serious mistakes.

The opening plot was amazing, and the 3D is stunning. The first half of the movie is highly entertaining, because it's so damn unique. But when I saw the second part of the film it felt like I already have seen this, so it was a bit lengthy. The main disadvantages with this fourth installment of Transformers is that they changed the main character. Another thing is that the 3D could have had more effects. As the previous movies from Michael Bay, they suffer with weird storylines and bad endings, which is exactly what Age Of Extinction got. The CGI is the best I’ve seen in a Transformers movie, and yes there are much negative things in this movie, but I had a good time watching this. The reasons are that it’s so damn unique and entertaining to watch, and the action is spectacular! I love explosions, but with Michael Bay it's to much, even for me.

The most groovy Transformers movie to date.

Transformers: Age Of Extinction gets a 6.9/10
  59. Sep 20, 2014
    Really good movie, id like to see Transformers continue like this in the future. Truly outstanding, good job Micheal Bay! I really hope that the rating for this movie increases. It does at least deserve a 7.5 score.
  60. Sep 19, 2014
    Very disappointing movie. It has lots of action and big explosions but not much else. Acting was meh, story was abysmal to say the least.
    ...............................................................................
  61. Sep 18, 2014
    Probably one of the worst movies I have seen lately. Nonsense storyline, cheesy and full of cliche, bad acting all around, huge special affects that just don't support the story and sometimes confuse you. All in all a real waste of huge amounts of money.
  62. Sep 18, 2014
    This has to be the worst movie in the series, and that says a lot after seeing Transformers 2 and 3. There are no likable human analogs, not even Mark Wahlberg's character was redeemable. The only people who could possibly like it are children that car nothing about the plot and only want to see gray on gray violence. If they cut out all the unneeded slow motion scenes the movie wouldThis has to be the worst movie in the series, and that says a lot after seeing Transformers 2 and 3. There are no likable human analogs, not even Mark Wahlberg's character was redeemable. The only people who could possibly like it are children that car nothing about the plot and only want to see gray on gray violence. If they cut out all the unneeded slow motion scenes the movie would have come in at less than 2 hours and 45 minutes. If you want a good Transformers movie, watch the cartoon film from 1987. Expand
  63. Sep 17, 2014
    What could have ended up being a pretty decent action film is ruined by the overly long run time and poorly put together plot. Very disappointing that Michael Bay was allowed to return, This could have been the film that they "rebooted" the series with should they have put another director in his place.
  64. Sep 15, 2014
    No. Just no. Don't watch it. What a waste of time and money. The only thing that's worth your money while watching this movie will be the popcorn in the theatre.
  65. Aug 28, 2014
    the film was awesome. i loved it and the cool transformers they had. the movie was well thought out and properly put together and made well. lots of action through it as well. better than all the other transformers.
  66. Aug 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie. Although I slightly missed the feeling I got from the first three. That doesn't mean it's still action packed. The villain Lockdown looks very sinister and overall really cool. Peter Cullen returning as the voice of Optimus Prime was again very good. There was a lot transformers in this movie and was overall very fun to watch.
  67. Aug 24, 2014
    Sadly, this movie doesn't make the best first impression. There are too many moving parts (not just talking about the Transformers themselves but the structure of the plot).

There are too many villains, most of whom require their own battle scene in order to be vanquished. This extends the movie to a length that stars to feel too much even for a fan like myself, especially when the fight scenes become less about the fighting and more like images slowly flying by to the pace of a song taking over the real sounds, cutting to random slow-motion glimpses at the human heroes nodding with approval or showing their mild horror at being caught in the crossfire over and over.

There are too many agendas, and it is hard to keep track of who wants what and whether they just turned their coat.

A massive amount of characters that really do not contribute in any interesting ways is also making the story sag. Amongst the Autobots, only Prime and Bumblebee remain of the familiar characters that I could recognize, and the rest form a weird team of a metal Dum Dum Dugan, a samurai, and a loudmouth rebel who does very little rebelling in the end despite challenging his leader's authority in every other scene.

In the direct aftermath, this movie is disappointing. Cut an hour away, make it more contained, and it would have worked beautifully.
  68. Aug 23, 2014
    this movie is really awesome if you want to see action and action and action, just turn off your brain and enjoy those special effects, and if you don't like that don't go and watch this movie
  69. Aug 19, 2014
    This movie is just sooooooooo bad that I'm actually writing a review for it the acting is bad the jokes are bad the writing is bad even mark walberg is bad in this film. I'm glad Michael bay is done with the transformers films I hope ninja turtles isn't as bad as this film. The lesson is that you shouldn't see this movie.
  70. Aug 17, 2014
    Michael Bay..... go **** yourself. You think this is "entertainment." Then I guess ramming my **** in a blender and slamming th puree button is just a BLAST!! This was probably the worst experience I've ever had in a theater. I hated everything about this movie and as this trainwreck tugged along at a GLACIAL pace, my hatred for the people involved with the "film" and the people in myMichael Bay..... go **** yourself. You think this is "entertainment." Then I guess ramming my **** in a blender and slamming th puree button is just a BLAST!! This was probably the worst experience I've ever had in a theater. I hated everything about this movie and as this trainwreck tugged along at a GLACIAL pace, my hatred for the people involved with the "film" and the people in my audience who were clapping, laughing and cheering grew to the point of pure fury. 2/10 - Abysmal. Expand
  71. Aug 16, 2014
    To be honest, for a Michael Bay flick, this movie wasn't as bad as many of his other offerings.

I went to see this with some friends IRL, and I was somewhat surprised at the improvement of this over the previous Transformers movies. Mark Wahlberg delivers a markedly improved performance over the annoying Shia LaBeouf, and his costar Nicola Peltz did the same. Nothing special here.

Mark Wahlberg delivers a markedly improved performance over the annoying Shia LaBeouf, and his costar Nicola Peltz did the same. Nothing special here. The standout in this mediocre explosion porno-fest was Stanley Tucci.

The plot of the movie was standard Transformers trite. The effects were your standard Michael Bay style of "over the top, in your face". And they were well done, as expected.

Other than that, I can't really say much more about this movie except that it was merely an average flick. I had fun, and you can too, if you "turn off" your brain and just sit there as the movie bombards you with an explosive set piece at every turn.
  72. Aug 14, 2014
    Not that great. Felt more emotion out of the Autobots rather than the humans. Stanley Tucci was nice surprise, and so was TJ Miller's character (he's an actual comedian).
    In summary, maybe rent if nothing else is better, or you like the series, otherwise you can skip this one.
  73. Aug 14, 2014
    Best movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hangBest movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hang themselves. Could be the movie of the decades, if it wasn't for those bastards who rate below 4.5 stars! I never went to the restroom even though I really need to. If I'm the theater managers, I would sells the tickets for this movie about $124.99 dollars. This movie is not for the low-intelligence who can't even rate a movie correctly. Better than Mr. Turner and Life Itself! If I can change this movie, I would add two autobots who is a Lexus LFA and a Subaru BRZ STi! Expand
  74. Aug 13, 2014
    Less annoying than the past 3 films due to Shia Lebeouf being absent and in his place the much more appreciable Mark Walhberg. However the plot is even more dumbed down then the last one, though not as desperately incompetent as the second. This film feels like 4 hours of mindless action sequences and sub plots that are not entertaining but rather corny and stupid. Typical Michael BayLess annoying than the past 3 films due to Shia Lebeouf being absent and in his place the much more appreciable Mark Walhberg. However the plot is even more dumbed down then the last one, though not as desperately incompetent as the second. This film feels like 4 hours of mindless action sequences and sub plots that are not entertaining but rather corny and stupid. Typical Michael Bay style dialogue, the human subplot of the films remain boring and stupid and you can't help but dislike the movie for its very stupid plot. The film has redeeming qualities but very little, the robot fighting is cool and all the action somewhat makes up for the lack of competent plot scattered throughout this film (Not like you actually went to go watch a Michael Bay film for the quality of the plot). Overall painfully long and disastrous plot that breaks new grounds for just how awful a Transformers movie's plot can get but the action and visuals somewhat save this film for total failure as a movie. Expand
  75. Aug 11, 2014
    This movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool specialThis movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool special effects on the first film but the next time out you better have a great story line behind it because the new technology is no longer impressive on its own. Well after a steady decline from the first transformers to the 3rd it seems like Bay and his writers finally got it together. The introduced a new villain who is strong and makes the audience fell the actual danger he presents to optimus and the rest of the autobots. Also I liked the change in characters as the old characters were becoming to boring and predictable. Walhberg in Age of Extinction helps "transform" the Transformer franchise from a action franchise trying to be a comedy back into an actual action franchise that has some comedy within it. Also the addition of some new concepts and (CGI) characters also make the plot and storyline, as well as action that much more interesting. Transformers is back with this installment. Expand
  76. Aug 10, 2014
    It is interesting and shows a nice plot but when watching the movie it comes to something as simple as this; You can sleep during one hour of the movie and when you wake up, it'll be in the exact same scene: vileness and useless violence.
  77. Aug 9, 2014
    Amidst the too constant explosions this movie is lazy and boring in almost every way possible. This has to have been the worst movie i'v ever seen for the budget used. Crapping on storyline aside(movies have their own take on things thats the way it is) there is little redeeming content to this film. The human protagonists are little more than simple character tropes, the gaps in logic youAmidst the too constant explosions this movie is lazy and boring in almost every way possible. This has to have been the worst movie i'v ever seen for the budget used. Crapping on storyline aside(movies have their own take on things thats the way it is) there is little redeeming content to this film. The human protagonists are little more than simple character tropes, the gaps in logic you usually just chalk up to hey its a movie leave you feeling like your stupid or the director thinks your stupid, and the story is little more than action cliches strung together to make kinda sense. Who would have though the only thing keeping this string of farces from being wholly soulless was our shared hate for Shia Labeouf. Expand
  78. Aug 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie should win a oscar for the worst movie of the year it hardly makes any sense that ratchet got killed by the military and that optimus was killing humans the only good thing about this movie is the last 45 minutes it would've been the best of the series if the story if decepticons and autobots switched like to make ratchet kill the guy who killed him and ksi was making autobots and then the decepticons get jealous and then make a factory then big war blaa blaa blaa the point is the movies rubbish oh yeah and one thing why didn't steven speilberg not direct it?oh yeah and bmaster if your reading this I accidentally pressed disagree when I actually mean I liked it like whoops Expand
  79. Aug 5, 2014
    I wasn't even going to bother rating this movie, But people out there have to be warned about this god awful lump of trash. Michael Bay is better than this.
  80. Aug 5, 2014
    It's a Michael Bay Movie,do you need more than that name to immediately turn you off from watching this movie,if not then you are clearly into watching yet another poorly thought-out,poorly scripted,horribly shot movies.On the other hand,people are saying its better because Shia Labouf is no longer in it,but don't be fooled its just as awful as the previous movies,except Mark Walhberg isIt's a Michael Bay Movie,do you need more than that name to immediately turn you off from watching this movie,if not then you are clearly into watching yet another poorly thought-out,poorly scripted,horribly shot movies.On the other hand,people are saying its better because Shia Labouf is no longer in it,but don't be fooled its just as awful as the previous movies,except Mark Walhberg is in it,not that I think they are bad actors, they just needed to reconsider working with Bay. Expand
  81. Aug 5, 2014
    There is so many things you will like in this movie...
    There is some things that you can't understand,just watching the first movie,the second(that is my second favorite),and the third.
    I recommend this movie to everyone,The action is very cool and i had a good laugh in sometimes.
  82. Aug 4, 2014
    Yep, its a Transformers movie. Being in the Army, i had nothing better to do with my Sunday off, so it was good for killing time. They should probably go ahead and stop continuing these slo-mo abusing auto-bots.
  83. Aug 3, 2014
    This the 2nd best transformers movie. This movie strikes the best balance between human and robot scenes and no annoying Shia. The Autobots considering to murdering humans at one point is a breath of fresh air compared to the obnoxiously saccharine sentimental optimism about humans in the earlier movies. The new decepticon transformation is crappy though. Dont listen to the sheep and giveThis the 2nd best transformers movie. This movie strikes the best balance between human and robot scenes and no annoying Shia. The Autobots considering to murdering humans at one point is a breath of fresh air compared to the obnoxiously saccharine sentimental optimism about humans in the earlier movies. The new decepticon transformation is crappy though. Dont listen to the sheep and give this movie a try. Expand
  84. Aug 3, 2014
    A movie you can watch quietly, has great special effects, but then you finish watching the movie, you realize how many flaws this film has, and this greatly diminishes his review of the movie.
  85. Aug 2, 2014
    If you are a fan of the transformers, you will love this movie. michael bay's directing is diffrent from other directors and not one of the best, but he makes movies with action in his own way and i like that :) so well done ;)
  86. Aug 2, 2014
    This movie was simply...alright. It wasn't anything we haven't seen so far and nothing in the movie shows me that Michael Bay has done nothing to innovate the series. The saddest thing is that he won't learn. The movie will make tons of money, and he will release Transformers 5, which will also make tons of money. Rinse and Repeat. I do like that they tried to rejuvenate the series with aThis movie was simply...alright. It wasn't anything we haven't seen so far and nothing in the movie shows me that Michael Bay has done nothing to innovate the series. The saddest thing is that he won't learn. The movie will make tons of money, and he will release Transformers 5, which will also make tons of money. Rinse and Repeat. I do like that they tried to rejuvenate the series with a new cast, as Mark Wahlberg is leagues better than Shia. His character is a lot more likable than Sam. A new villain in Lockdown, and actually, before I realized they were going to just rehash Megatron again, I really liked him. He was actually pretty menacing. Other than a new villain and cast, Transformers 4 does nothing to set itself apart from the other movies and makes me question why I spend money on these movies. Expand
  87. Aug 1, 2014
    Great movie! Sad alot of people hated it though... I really loved this movie the action and character development were really cool. The only thing i noticed was it was kind of long i was getting tired in the last few minute's. Great movie deserves more credit.
  88. Jul 31, 2014
    Time, and time again the magic of movies have come to surpass the expectations of everyday life. From the events we see on the six o'clock news..to the overabundance of violence we see in cinema..what does this have to do with Michael Bay's new film "Transformers: Age Of Extinction"? nothing..I just wanted a cool intro.
    I sit before you baffled, shocked and well.. obliterated as I feel
    I sit before you baffled, shocked and well.. obliterated as I feel like I have gone to battle and won. It's been quite some time since the little boy in me could ooze with so much excitement, anxiety and cheer. As only Michael Bay can do with his inept style of filmmaking. Which consists of two things 1) Blow stuff up, and 2) Blow more stuff up, while you are at it, why not just blow more stuff up. This approach has done wonders for his past attempts at filmmakings, speaking for itself. The lucrative and blockbuster famine that is "Transformers". Speaking for myself as a geeky fan boy who walks around aimlessly with an optimus prime on his wallet (judge me). I distinctly fell in love with everything Transformers back in 2009 when Bay and company changed my whole perspective on movies. Which is very rare to do, I might add.

Every since, I have worshiped Optimus Prime and the autobots as the neverending saga to defeat Megatron. There is just something about all the destruction, mayhem and action set pieces. Not to mention who can ever pass up a monologue from Optimus Prime. I mean golly, if he gave me a speech to climb mount everest, or fly to the moon you bet your ass I would die trying. So obviously you could say I am biased, but if you want one fans opinion, I suggest you keep reading.

Three hugely successful films later, I guess Bay felt the need to "reboot" or "start a new trilogy". Well folks, much like the first film back in 2009 "Transformers: Age Of Extinction" is presumably as advertised. A big budget spectacle that fits right in the middle of a warm Fourth Of July afternoon. The summer movie going season would be nothing, if we didn't have a Transformer movie to grace it. This time shuddering out former star boy Shia LaBeouf and replacing him with a better, leaner, and perhaps, more relatable Mark Wahlberg. At first glance I was appalled that the original cast was being reprimanded. Then again It could be very well for the best.

I digress as usual, the film picks up in the aftermath of "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon" where Chicago is left in ruins, and the government wants blood....and blood in the form of the Transformers. Hence the title "Age of Extinction" The hunt is on going for Optimus and his noble band of renegades that are forced into hiding and the CIA has cut a deal with the ruthless decepticons to get the job done. Optimus unlikely crosses path with Cade Yeager (Wahlberg) an inventor of sorts, the next Albert Einstein of his generation. Also a very stern, strict and passionate father to his only daughter Tris (Nicola Peltz). Cade, fixing junk to make ends meet, finds an abandoned rusted truck in an old closed down movie theater. Which turns out to be, you guessed it, Prime in the flesh. Bringing back a dated war the started long ago.

As fate would have it, an enemy foe (much like the last three Transformers) is threatening the fate of Humanity. The biggest question is .. does the audience really care?..I mean I don't know about you ... but I love watching Prime swoop in when all hope is lost and reluctantly kick some ass. It's predictable to a pulp..but its a formula that has been developed, and been proven to work. Some of the lines and bits of dialogue are a bit campy and cheesy (as expected). Kelsey Grammer's character at one point yells "Impossible" and I couldn't help but laugh, considering what movie he has been condensed in. I mean do you see the robots transforming around you?

Running a long, and sometimes brutal, two hours and forty four minutes I can't help but attest this film could be shorter. However, when the action is raging and the autobots are destroying heads like it's no tomorrow. Alas the runtime is a breeze. Fans of the genre (like myself) will be frothing at the mouth at the sight of the Dinobots (yes their entrance is all the more entertaining). The climactic battle is also the best the series has yet to offer, putting final battles like "The Avengers" to shame.

In addition the visual effects are top notch heavy and it's the same we all come to expect. While some of the characters we literally could care less about. (Including a very funny T.J Miller) Mark Wahlberg as the understandable father Cade Yeager is easy to get along with, and does his absolute best to give us a ground hero worth rooting for, and to a lesser extent. he does. Stanley Tucci also has ideally the best lines in the film..adding some much needed comedic elements to broaden the appeal towards the stunning conclusion. (If you can pay attention, with all the ruckus and mindless explosions taking place in the background)

Fans should also notice, while yes, there is humor.. "Transformers: Age Of Extinction" is far more darker then one would anticipate. Secondly, there is plenty of a set up for future installments so I highly doubt this is the last will see of these characters. Bumblebee is back in full swing as usual in his stunning yellow fashion. --The only thing that seemed to bother me the most, was how there was hardly any reference towards the past Transformer films. Not once is there a brief mention of Sam Witwicky (you know, Shia LaBeouf's character..you know...the one that founded the transformers and saved the world..three times). I understand that the crew is trying to turn a new leave..but I just find it highly unlikely they all just forgot about the man that made them famous.

In the end, don't come to expect nothing new from this film. In fact you should expect bigger and better. Chances are, if you're purchasing a ticket..you already know the ride you're in for. This is a smart technique that has worked wonders for the past installments and now a new bar has been set for the sequels that will grace it. Love, is always a strong word for me to use while discussing a movie. It definitely goes against my better judgement. But I just don't see how it's possible to walk out of this movie, without your heart beating out of your chest (as was mine) all to the tune of the great headliner song "Battle Cry" by Imagine Dragons. As this is just one man's humble opinion. I can agree that well, I loved "Transformers: Age Of Extinction".

A

Release Date: June 27th 2014
    Studio: Paramount Pictures

Thanks For Stopping By ®
  89. Jul 31, 2014
    I loved the first film, the 2nd was bad but it was not that terrible compare to that one. Seriously? No scenario, the acting is really bad, why all people try to save that ugly thin girl? The boyfriend is useless, and the whole story make no sense.
  90. Jul 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I understand why most people don't like this movie because it is directed by Michael Bay, and all the previous movies that suck, but I feel like the story this time isn't that formulaic like the previous one. Therefore, not matter how bad or terrible the story is, it give me some surprise. Like the previous movies, it has a lot of action, if you are looking for stunning CGI effect or realistic destruction,it is a must watch, but I think that some action scene is very fake because human enemy can't even shoot, they are literally blind. There is some problems in this movie. The movie features 3-4 villains but I feel like that the movie only focuses in one only while neglected other major ones especially at the end of the movie. The movie also makes me hate some human character. I don't really care about the human character story because they are poorly-written. Also, what I don't like is they killed Ratchet and Optimus Prime suddenly know how to fly. Expand
  91. Jul 29, 2014
    Although not quite as spectacularly abysmal as Dark of the Moon, Age of Extinction really is one of the worst movies I`ve seen this year. It features, as one might have expected, entirely unbelievable characters engaging in entirely unbelievable activities while saying entirely unbelievable things for entirely too long.
    So to camouflage this sad state of affairs the movie has been
    So to camouflage this sad state of affairs the movie has been attempted drowned in CGI effects, loud noises, whizbangs, pointless romance, a pointless and entirely unbelievable father-daughter intrigue and about three moments of comic relief. Most of the time you spend staring at the screen in a futile attempt to notice all the unbelievable things going on there.
    What really did this one in for me though was how entirely unrealistic it all was. In scene after scene all the protagonists have near death experiences, yet nobody is so much as lightly injured, with one early exception. One scene in particular just broke new ground for lack of realism, when it had three people balancing down some anchor chains, 80 floors up, then being attacked by robotic dogs while doing it and then having all the chains gradually cut, before they were caught in mid-fall by a transformers robot which then slid down the entire facade of a skyscraper while holding them in its hands. As this ludicrous scene ends they simply walk out of the hand of the transformer unscathed, and immediately go back to being in love for no apparent reason, assuring each other that they admire each other and somehow, magically, becoming proficient warriors, after having spent their lives in a barn inventing beer-fetching robots.
    After this of course nothing can save the movie, and it goes from ridiculous scene to ridiculous dialogue line for what in the end seems like an eternity. With the notable exception of The "Amazing" Spider Man this is the worst movie I have seen this year I think, and I wouldn`t recommend it to my worst enemy. Only watch this if you usually love terrible movies.
  92. Jul 29, 2014
    It could be a fun action movie but it just goes on and on and on. I'm of the type to see a movie whether or not it has good reviews if it seems like a fun movie. Transformer movies tend to be silly and not masterpieces by any definition but at least fun. The plot seemed to have holes in it or they hand waved everything in a moment's notice so you didn't catch all the explanations. TheIt could be a fun action movie but it just goes on and on and on. I'm of the type to see a movie whether or not it has good reviews if it seems like a fun movie. Transformer movies tend to be silly and not masterpieces by any definition but at least fun. The plot seemed to have holes in it or they hand waved everything in a moment's notice so you didn't catch all the explanations. The 'Asian' autobot seemed like a stupid and honestly racist addition and few characters seemed to have any decent character building. Expand
  93. Jul 29, 2014
    I thought this one couldnt get any worse than the first trilogy. It did. I actually liked the first movie, every of the next was absolutely crap. If you want to have the same effect for less money you can watch a 3 hrs TV-AD of all these famous, expensive brands, where everything explodes. Wahlberg was ok, his daughter gorgeous.
  94. Jul 28, 2014
    I liked this movie more than others. A plot a bit more polished, and a little' less trivial. Obviously with the usual nonsense from the blockbuster movie, but all in all with some nice ideas.
  95. Jul 28, 2014
    I no not why some people are hating on this film as much as they are, in comparison to the other three transformer films this is by far the best and most entertaining. Far from perfect, but I would easily watch again. If one can overlook its forced humour and scripted pieces, then you should enjoy it. If you don't, in my opinion, you just went to the wrong cinema screen and now your ****I no not why some people are hating on this film as much as they are, in comparison to the other three transformer films this is by far the best and most entertaining. Far from perfect, but I would easily watch again. If one can overlook its forced humour and scripted pieces, then you should enjoy it. If you don't, in my opinion, you just went to the wrong cinema screen and now your **** about it. Don't expect 12 years a slave from Transformers guys, its supposed to be this way. Expand
  96. Jul 27, 2014
    I'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, aI'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, a behemothic clan of die-hard fans and reluctant editorial reviewers and heads of literature departments. I actually enjoyed Age of Extinction. They synchronized with the previous blockbuster, seamlessly, without putting up my spoiler alert sign and warding off all fans that haven't seen the film. Go and see it yourself! I completely understand with Michael Bay here that it clearly gets difficult when you've thrown in every ounce of effort and pulled together all the loose ends, driven the film to huge successes. When is it right to take a new direction? Yes, it's almost completely different to the last films, yes, there are new characters, yes the whole sequencing of events from the get go is different. There seems to be more of a protagonistic outlook, characters are clearly thrown into their cliche stereotypes and remain there throughout but I still watched and was amazed by the depth of detail that has gone into this film. Maybe it was nice to add new characters, new robots, new areas of interests in the script, maybe it was time to add what was not added before. It had to be different, if it was Shea LeBouf saving the day again, and Megan Fox strutting across the screen, wouldn't you all of just said.. "We have seen this before". It's only a sellout when there is no reason for the release, and Age of Extinction has buckets full of content, cut scenes, CGI, emotion, raw passion and effort that you can see just like all the other films. It's Transformers, but with a twist. It's like fashion, you follow it for a certain amount of time and eventually it changes. Albeit with fashion, you can still wear your old clothes if you want. You can't go through what you've already thrown out to people in their millions on the silver screen, and show them what they've already seen. No-one saw this coming. No-one saw the difference. And that's why everyone is complaining because it's different, it's new ground, it's new territory and all these die-hard fans are now lost in an abyss, a new setting, a new backdrop for which Age of Extinction was brought towards.

I enjoyed Age of Extinction, just like I enjoyed the first, second and third. Someday, the plot has to change. Not all the characters can live on, it simply cannot be the same film you gotta watch every other year.

My final thoughts:
    Different, wild, surprising, breath taking CGI as always, good referencing to the previous additions, new content, new territory...
  97. Jul 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Transformers 4 Was Quite A Good Film. It Had Funny Jokes Awesome Action Sequences And Some Cool Music. The Plot Is About A Dad Who Lives With His Daughter After The Death Of The Mother. There Trying To Sell Scrap Metal Creations To Make Money For Her Daughter To Get To College. There Is Another Guy But He Dies Straight Away So Who Cares. The Military Are Killing Autobot's To Use Them To Make New Creations. But They're All Attached To Megatron With Makes Them Deceptions Without These Idiotic Humans Knowing (Cuz Sceihche Iesh Awhshumez). This Movie Is Starring Horny Teenager, Marky Mark From Good Vibrations, Crappy FBI driver And More Expand
  98. Jul 27, 2014
    I thought this was a meh. confusing story and character development and it was just too long. I got motion sick near the end. but DA F@#$N' DINOBOTS WERE AWESOME
  99. Jul 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As an Michael Bay action movie, nobody could expect a serious story line, but it would be nice if we had at least some resemblance of a story, and that said story made as much sense as it could in context of fighting robots.
    Instead we have characters with no personality, no history, no context and are there merely to give the Transformers a bad guy to kill.
    The whole concept of the seed makes no sense, and conflicts with the concept of the All Spark from the earlier movies. You don't transformium to make transformers, you just need the all spark.

So, does the action save this film. No, not really. Nothing outstanding in the action stakes. Completelty forgettable scenes and nothing that stands out.

All in all, save your money
  100. Jul 26, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is a movie that recycles almost everything you have seen in all the three previous movies, but this time with a fresh cast that is surprisingly redeeming to the one blockbuster franchise that knows it is so pathetic, but I was enjoying it. At the end of the day, I found myself the only one applauding at the end of the movie; yes it is a guilty pleasure of mine.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Frankl
    Jul 10, 2014
    Does Michael Bay fit the criteria of an auteur? He certainly has his own line of distinctive tropes: the migraine-inducing noise, the fetishistic gloss, the playground-bully characters elevated to hero status and a fervently male gaze.
  2. Reviewed by: Owen Williams
    Jul 7, 2014
    The loyal fans — and they are legion — will trot out clichés like, “Leave your brain at the door,” and defend Age Of Extinction’s right to be nothing but a succession of varoom! and kersmash! sequences. For those who aren’t still blindly faithful to something they liked when they were nine, despite the colossal scale, there’s little to see here.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Nicholson
    Jun 30, 2014
    There isn't enough visual beauty to forgive the screenplay's ugliness, but Bay does brave a daring new standard in product placement.