7.2

1. JerryJ.
    Oct 29, 2001
    Incredible, moving, touching and brave. Sandi Simcha Dubowski takes on an emotional undiscussed topic and engagages his viewers with tearfulness, empathy and then hope for the future. Bravo to Sandi and to the participants in the film.
  2. GeraldS.J.
    Oct 29, 2001
    Excellent film. Sandi Simcha Dubowsi, a promissing young director, took on an important topic. He allowed his viewers to emphasis with the charactors in the film and walk away with a sense of hope. See the film!
  3. IanL.
    May 22, 2004
    I'm not jewish but when I saw this movie I cried. It occurred to me that the emotions I was going through as a closetted gay christian was not unique to me. I may never meet Sandi but I will always appreciate his work.

The rigidity of most of the rabbis interviewed in the film is balanced by the presence of openly gay Orthodox Rabbi Steve Greenberg, who offers a more liberal, but no less scholarly, interpretation of the Torah.
    The film seems to resonate even for people who aren't Jewish or gay, as there are so many people touched by homosexuality and religion.
  3. Short but emotionally effective movie.