6.6

1. Feb 21, 2013
    This film pales in comparison to other baseball flicks that have hit the big screen. Being able to determine a prospect's worth by the sound of his bat is silly. Their are so many goofs and cliches. The ending will leave many scratching their head. It tries to be feel good but comes off awkward and silly.
  2. Jan 17, 2013
    Never thought i'd say this, but it sucks! You have Clint Eastwood's typical story about a troubled father + a stupid love comedy with Justin Timberlake. It is so bad that you know from the beginning who's good & who's bad in the story like it was a movie for 6 year old kids. Everything about baseball is flawed, you even have a "you had me since Babe Ruth's third homerun" chat between the characters. Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2012
    I think what ruined this film was the fact that the plot was so empty. There was no serious back story, No real dialogue between characters, It was just two hours of nothing. It's well acted, I give it that, and it's interesting but it has no depth.
  4. Dec 20, 2012
    Trouble with the curve is a swing and miss. There were some funny lines throughout but the movie had the most predictable ending, that you can see coming from a mile away. Nothing special.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    Below average fare. In the hands of a better writer and director, this could have been quirkier and more fun, but it just plods along. Clint doesn't pop, and Amy Adams is wasted.
  6. Sep 22, 2012
    Horrible movie. I love baseball movies...but it is clear there were no baseball players on the production team. Not sure how such an amazing cast could push out this garbage.
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    We have been Clint fans since his spaghetti western and Rowdy Yates days. Sadly this movie is not worthy of him, or the other fine actors on it. The movie is little more than a series of drab cliches, strung together is a plodding and predictable manner. It limps, coughs , and stutters along, never getting off the ground; and finally ends with "and everyone lived happily ever after" that would embarrass the director of a G (for gooey sweet) movie aimed at a six year old audience level. While Amy Adams, and John Goodman give sophisticated, nuanced, and strong performances, they only serve to show up how very bad the movie is. Justin Timberlake is egregiously miscast to play opposite Amy Adams, and he comes off as a high school drama club reject... when compared against Adam's exceptional performance. I am a long time fan of Clint Eastwood, and wish I could give at least a warm review to this film. However, as I and one other person were the only people sitting in a theater that could accommodate hundreds, this afternoon it is hard to miss the obvious. My advice: skip the popcorn, you'll have more than enough old chestnuts to chew on. Better yet, rent an old Clint Eastwood film, and enjoy him in his glory days. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mark Dinning
    Nov 26, 2012
    You'll know exactly where it's going, but it still has Clint doing full-on-cranky and is a fun finger-up at corporate suits the world over.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Nov 25, 2012
    Saluting both America's national pastime and its oldest working icon, Curve is a solid heart-tugger that plays with a straight bat when it comes to plot, character and message.
  3. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Oct 7, 2012
    The intricate baseball knowledge that gets passed back and forth among the characters in Trouble with the Curve is much more interesting than the moral simplicities that the movie offers. [8 Oct. 2012, p.87]