New Yorker Films | Release Date: March 30, 2012
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 25 Ratings
WATCH NOW
filmtrashreviewApr 29, 2012
Fresh and original, Turn Me On, Dammit! is a great dark comedy from the foreign market. This Norwegian teen drama focuses on all the struggles we go through during hormonal changes but are to afraid to discuss. It's raw riveting and justFresh and original, Turn Me On, Dammit! is a great dark comedy from the foreign market. This Norwegian teen drama focuses on all the struggles we go through during hormonal changes but are to afraid to discuss. It's raw riveting and just perfectly written. Alma will stay with me throughout the rest of the year, she's a character that is just hard to forget. Expand
SeriosityNov 4, 2012
Refreshingly original. The amazing landscape and dreamy soundtrack are pleasure to behold. Alma is a great character and the actress playing her deserves major recognition.
EnsiJan 9, 2013
The plot is okay but the actors are really bad. And there are many "...the **** moments. Looking past that I can say that I enjoyed watching it, but it was mostly because of the connection with the country and the nice landscape.
LeZeeJan 8, 2014
Based on a book of the same name about a 15 year old girl Alma's sexual fantasies. A simple story for a silly reason takes place in a small Norwegian village. Occasionally, additional scenes that try to merge with the main story stream areBased on a book of the same name about a 15 year old girl Alma's sexual fantasies. A simple story for a silly reason takes place in a small Norwegian village. Occasionally, additional scenes that try to merge with the main story stream are totally a diversion to the viewers. Sometime what is real and what is fiction are too hard to differentiate from each other. Especially this whole story happens in the backdrop of an incident that takes place in the beginning of the movie. For that, to make clear to ourselves, we have to wait till the end where it explains. But still I am not sure whether it is a real or fantasy of Alma.

The story is set in a small town called Skoddeheimen located somewhere in Norway. A teenager, Alma is attracted to her classmate Artur and she filled with sex fantasies about him. One day at a party, her long pending desire gets fulfilled when she makes out the night with Artur. So she tells that to her two close friends, but they deny it as they are jealous of it. The relationship end there and friendship with Artur too. She's been outcasted by her schoolmates, instantly she's been teased by calling dick-Alma. As one side, she is obsessed with fantasies and other side bad remarks against her, will she rise from all these is what remaining portraits.

Yeah, kinda chick movie, but without any regret I enjoyed it. It was just like the American movies about teenagers problems that they face in their school except it was not lousy. That mean not like a commercial movie where a protagonist rises from the ground with a master plan and take a revenge. More like a reality in presentation with nice characters and shot in a beautiful place. In other word, it is exactly same movie to Kristen Stewart's 'Speak' but story travels in the opposite direction with comedy as its genre.
imagoodrewiewerMay 16, 2014
Keeps u on ur toes and waiting for drama to end loved it great for Mature audiences no for skeeterpetter action man even in the diolect they speak easy to follow no confusion