5.0

1. JoshL
    Nov 20, 2009
    It was bearable. I think people go into this movie exoecting to hate it and just want to piss of the crazy little girls who love it. Kristen Stewart tries to hard and is to melodramatic, but Patinson suprisingly good and charming. Hardwicke is a terrible director. Its obvious that she can't control herself with random, orgasmic camera movements that are detrimental to their cause: It was bearable. I think people go into this movie exoecting to hate it and just want to piss of the crazy little girls who love it. Kristen Stewart tries to hard and is to melodramatic, but Patinson suprisingly good and charming. Hardwicke is a terrible director. Its obvious that she can't control herself with random, orgasmic camera movements that are detrimental to their cause: building tension. On top of this she brings out nothin in her ensemble and can't direct action. It's not only budget, there are movie with dirt cheap budgets that pull it off ebcause the director can HIDE the budget if they are good at all. Hardwicke is not good. At all. And I don't care what the slappy's say, when there's a mythology around a being (i.e. Vampires have fangs, and only come out at night) it's a writers duty to simultaneously meet the requirments for the type, and defy boundaries without rewriting whats been previously laid down. This is like a werewolf that doesn't transform on full moons... oh wait, that ends up happening in the next movie doesn't it? Expand
  2. Barone
    Jan 9, 2009
    Go watch "let the right one in" far far superior Vampire love story.
  3. ShelleyWallace
    Nov 25, 2008
    I am a huge fan of all 4 books, I have read them over and over again. I went to see the movie at the midnight showing knowing that it would be different from the books and I can except that, but the movie was cheesy the acting was lame and the special effects really sucked. I also hated the fact that they had Bella meet Jacob before she met Edward. The time line was all wrong.
  4. mf
    Dec 2, 2008
    Given a 4 for funny dialogue. Rancid, badly-written movie for a rancid, badly-written book. Looking up the actors, especially the male lead, talking about their feelings on the film is a worthwhile time investment for bonus laughs.
  5. FilipeM
    Nov 15, 2009
    If you are a girl, teenager, in love or just like to watch bad movies. WATCH IT!
  6. VanH
    Mar 22, 2009
    The Movie and the books are total crap. It makes no sense that a vampire wouldn't kill other humans not suck human blood and go out in the open light. This movie is a poor exucise for a vampire film.-G.A.T.E.T.V. Van Helsing & Blade.
  7. Brian
    Mar 25, 2009
    I understand the "gothic romance" thing, but this is "emo." This woman has completely killed vampire mythos in her books and now, unfortunately, by letting a film adaptation be made. This true love thing ONLY exists while you're 14 - 17. Hopefully by 18 you'll understand that you're not supposed to drop your entire life and family cause of some young male, especially one I understand the "gothic romance" thing, but this is "emo." This woman has completely killed vampire mythos in her books and now, unfortunately, by letting a film adaptation be made. This true love thing ONLY exists while you're 14 - 17. Hopefully by 18 you'll understand that you're not supposed to drop your entire life and family cause of some young male, especially one that wants to kill you. I literally felt colorblind for most of the movie since, even though colors were present, they were so washed out with post-production that it felt like a high-quality re-envisioning of Blue Moon (which was MUCH more entertaining.) The lead actors (whose names I do not care to remember) were terrible. Stuttering beyond the point where stuttering is still socially acceptable, acting nervous and sketchy, and trying too hard. The vampire "family" was a hilarious and sad joke, and the diamond-skin... thats a serious WTF. The bottom line is this: If you want vampires, read Anne Rice prior to 1998. If you want a sappy teen romance filled with abstinence and drug avoidance and vampires that are socially conscience, don't feed on humans, and can walk in the sunlight, rent this crap. Expand
  8. MarkK
    Apr 5, 2009
    A good book turned into on of the most over-rated (emo clad garbage) films ever made.
  9. FranciscoM.
    Jun 14, 2009
    It's definitely entertaining but it's popcorn entertainment. You sit in your couch, you see this movie and 30 minutes later you won't remember watching this.
  10. JimmySo
    Dec 21, 2008
    Children are getting mixed up in all things superhumanly strong, bloodthirsty, and garlic-adverse. If you have kids, you might not want them interested in sharp fangs, but the silver screen does, and it
  11. JasonH
    May 16, 2009
    I thought this movie was written just as poorly as the book was. The whole thing was blah and looked and felt like a t.v. show made for the WB!
  12. MelissaM.
    Nov 22, 2008
    I am a HUGE fan of the Twilight series and I was so very disappointed at how the movie turned out. The acting wasn't that great. The chemistry between Edward and Bella was definitely not there. The way their love for each other is written in the books I felt was not shown at all in the movie. Key points from the book were missing. Like Carlisle's story of how he became a vampireI am a HUGE fan of the Twilight series and I was so very disappointed at how the movie turned out. The acting wasn't that great. The chemistry between Edward and Bella was definitely not there. The way their love for each other is written in the books I felt was not shown at all in the movie. Key points from the book were missing. Like Carlisle's story of how he became a vampire for example I felt was very important and I was upset when that wasn't seen in the movie. The extra scenes with James, Victoria and Laurent killing people were not necessary since it Expand
  13. AnonymousMC
    Nov 22, 2008
    The acting was stilted at best. There was no basis for the attraction between the main characters. Besides, how can you fall in love with your food? Also, why would someone who is 108 years old go back to high school? The vampires in Underworld, a parallel movie concept, were much better thought out. And yes I watched the movie.
  14. DanielleG
    Nov 23, 2008
    Over all the movie was ok but it could have been a lot better. i didnt think the actors were that good and the movie was too funny. i didnt really see the whole love at first sight going on. the skipped too many parts and didnt build the whole relationship with edward and bella that well. also they needed to introduce the cullen family more. alice plays such a huge part in the nextOver all the movie was ok but it could have been a lot better. i didnt think the actors were that good and the movie was too funny. i didnt really see the whole love at first sight going on. the skipped too many parts and didnt build the whole relationship with edward and bella that well. also they needed to introduce the cullen family more. alice plays such a huge part in the next book. AND they didnt put the 'do i dazzle you' line in the movie. which was a big line me and my friends were assuming would be a must. Expand
  15. KenzieP.
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ok so I knew it wasnt going to be like the book but im mean come one they took for ever to get to where they dieside to be together then flew pass everything for the rest of the movie. Hello for a mive such as twilight people are willing to sit a watch longer so make it good (look at harry potter) they missed important information that needs to be in the movie. No offence butt really theOk so I knew it wasnt going to be like the book but im mean come one they took for ever to get to where they dieside to be together then flew pass everything for the rest of the movie. Hello for a mive such as twilight people are willing to sit a watch longer so make it good (look at harry potter) they missed important information that needs to be in the movie. No offence butt really the girl that played bella pissed me off the whole movie. everyone eles did great but she sucked at being Bella. So i liked it to a point ! i just cant think of the book when i watch it!!! Expand
  16. SteveK
    Nov 26, 2008
    Who knew a movie about vampires could be so boring? It plays like an episode of the OC or some teenie bopper show like that. Dawson Creek with vampires. Sorta. And how often do we even see the vampires being vampires? If you saw that mostly teenage girls were watching this and you got concerned, then DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE. That is your warning sign.
  17. Aug 31, 2010
    The overall idea is good but when people think of vampires they think of blood and horror, not horribly acted out romance. they have done a better job in the other movies but it just ruins the vampire image.
  18. Nov 13, 2010
    If you loved the novels then you WON'T love this. Why because there are hardly any moments when the air isn't filled with an awkward feeling. In the novels the characters are very confident and likeable. In the film they are compromising and, well . . . stoned.
  19. Dec 8, 2011
    The tweenage vampire romance movie "Twilight" is one of the worst horror romance films I've seen in years. The actors are all wooden and incoherent in their role, presenting themselves like noobs who memorize the verses word by word with no meaning or emphasis to it. The story contains the cheesiest dialogue made up of "I love you. (Stare) (kiss) Let's be together" and other kinds ofThe tweenage vampire romance movie "Twilight" is one of the worst horror romance films I've seen in years. The actors are all wooden and incoherent in their role, presenting themselves like noobs who memorize the verses word by word with no meaning or emphasis to it. The story contains the cheesiest dialogue made up of "I love you. (Stare) (kiss) Let's be together" and other kinds of disgusting crap (Vampires....sparkle?). Most importantly, the movie has no in-depth; the character development is incomplete and baffling as well, resulting to a general "whatever" pace of the movie. Oh, and Kristen Stewart? She is one **** spoiled brat we've got there. Overall, like Justin Bieber, "Twilight"'s a fad movie that will attract many teenage romance geeks but repel professional movie critics.

PS: What the **** is wrong with Robert Pattinson? Why is he so white? Somebody give him some blood or something!
  20. Dec 17, 2011
    Good romance because of the chemistry, but due to its bad performances and dumb premise this should just be a comedy more than a drama/romance. This is the beginning of one of the most embarrassing franchises ever. I give this film a 42% of a good movie.
  21. Nov 14, 2013
    "Twilight", which is the first movie in the series, is a dreadful way to start. The acting is wooden and the script and dialogue is unbearably bad and cheesy. This has to be one of the worst thriller romance film I've ever seen.
  22. Dec 20, 2012
    Is it diferent? Yes. Stupid? Yes. Dull? Yes. I would give this a 0 or maybe a 3, but it's my guilty pleasure. I enjoy bad movies. Also, Kristen Stewart is horrible as Bella.
  23. Nov 12, 2012
    It's puke-worthy performances and timid script get rid of all the potential this baby had. The producers knew an 'R' rating would make the box office numbers tumble. Good move financially. Bad move for the movie.
  24. May 24, 2013
    Yes, there are weak elements to this film, but I still find this film to be strangely watchable. It has sort of a Indie feel to it that I actually like. Not that bad of a film in all honesty.
  25. Apr 5, 2013
    This movie begins very slow, they say notting and they just look into each other eyes. The action is good for a romance movie, but not good enough. This movie is not the worst but to not the best.
  26. Jan 24, 2013
    Perhaps the only movie in the Twilight Saga that I found bearable. It's nothing more than a bunch of mopey teens over dramatizing day to day life. The Vampire aspect really just feels like a forced plot device that could very well have been left out and really not had any impact on the "story". The acting is either bad to average, the script is cliched and has been a hundred times before.Perhaps the only movie in the Twilight Saga that I found bearable. It's nothing more than a bunch of mopey teens over dramatizing day to day life. The Vampire aspect really just feels like a forced plot device that could very well have been left out and really not had any impact on the "story". The acting is either bad to average, the script is cliched and has been a hundred times before. Although Shiny Vampires? That was ..... different. Stupid, but at least a slight attempt to do something creative. Overall: Zzzzzzzzzz........ Expand
  27. Apr 25, 2013
    This movie isn't terrible, just not very good. I found it incredibly boring and cheesy for no reason. If you enjoy romantic movies, only watch this if you're really bored :P
  28. Jan 8, 2015
    Kristen Stewart só serve para ser sexy e gostosa,péssima atriz péssimo filme Robert Pattinson meh +-+-.
    Fraco filme fraca franquia fracas atuações de ação quase nada fraco .
  29. Dec 31, 2013
    Twilight is a boring teenager love story that comes as cheesy as they get. Love it or Hate it, majority will hate it. You will reflect after this movie felling ripped off and disappointed at the same time. Apart from the half interesting vampire story this will be the only thing keeping you from turning the movie off.
  30. Jun 15, 2013
    silly and simple, Twilight brings a new version of Vampires.

silly and simple, Twilight brings a new version of Vampires.

Based on the work of a bad Twilight author can be better than the book, but it does not mean it's a good movie, full of holes not script the film holds you in very pathetic, with a low budget effects were not well made, the makeup was excessive, the cast not of the job, anyway Twilight is a movie that came to change the minds of women.
  31. Oct 24, 2013
    The overwhelming mediocrity of the first installment in the 'Twilight' franchise is an obvious result of the lackluster novel and the film's poor acting performances and cheesy direction.
  32. Aug 1, 2014
    A far more interesting effort than its four sequels, "Twilight" features a pleasing dark look that matches perfectly its gloomy story. Stewart's awful performance is balanced by Davis' decent cinematography and Burwell's moody score. Despite what biased haters may tell you, "Twilight" is so powerful as a film that it massively spawned dozens of vampire films and tv shows, including "TheA far more interesting effort than its four sequels, "Twilight" features a pleasing dark look that matches perfectly its gloomy story. Stewart's awful performance is balanced by Davis' decent cinematography and Burwell's moody score. Despite what biased haters may tell you, "Twilight" is so powerful as a film that it massively spawned dozens of vampire films and tv shows, including "The Vampire Diaries" and "True Blood". Expand
  33. tb
    Jan 10, 2009
    Most of you guys are retarded. the first half was decent. her school chums were funny. but as soon as they get into the vampires this movie becomes shockingly cheesy and unintentionally funny. the pacing is way, way off. Too slow at first than way, way 2 fast. the bad guy is introduced way 2 late and the climax is way 2 short. this is one of the worst directed movies ive ever seen and one Most of you guys are retarded. the first half was decent. her school chums were funny. but as soon as they get into the vampires this movie becomes shockingly cheesy and unintentionally funny. the pacing is way, way off. Too slow at first than way, way 2 fast. the bad guy is introduced way 2 late and the climax is way 2 short. this is one of the worst directed movies ive ever seen and one of the cheesiest. Expand
  34. Naomi
    May 23, 2009
    The film is crap rob pattinson is a weirdo. I love the books but the movie was sad and boring .
  35. LilyX
    Jul 30, 2009
    Nothing actually happens in this travesty of a film. Gothic romance? You wish! Only 15 yr old girls can find some interest in this boring, banal, undercooked crap with bad acting and laughable dialogues. Oh, at least I laughed out loud in certain points.
  36. CarlyN.
    Nov 21, 2008
    I went with 9 of my friends to see the movie and none of us liked it. We came knowing it would be different from the book but didn't think it'd be that bad. The acting skills of the actors weren't that good, the music didn't fit the scenes, they mixed scenes from the book together....overall it was a big disappointment.
  37. SandiH.
    Nov 21, 2008
    I love the books. The movie was close to it. THE DIRECTOR AND MUSIC STUNK! she made it seem like a complete acid trip, the cinematography was all over the place and crude....and there was never a point in which the music ever STOPPED. or matched the actual scene. and there was an actual montage. and a quote form the Lion King. (yes, really) his sparkling was weak. over all, the director I love the books. The movie was close to it. THE DIRECTOR AND MUSIC STUNK! she made it seem like a complete acid trip, the cinematography was all over the place and crude....and there was never a point in which the music ever STOPPED. or matched the actual scene. and there was an actual montage. and a quote form the Lion King. (yes, really) his sparkling was weak. over all, the director had no idea what the hell she was doing. Expand
  38. DrakeR.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Crapy book. Crappy movie. Plot is cliched and boring. Save your money and see something decent.
  39. PaulaD.
    Nov 22, 2008
    The movie will probably satisfy fans, but will not do much to attract those who have not yet read the book.
  40. DavidH.
    Dec 20, 2008
    Twilight, the film that keeps on giving. But the question is whether the audience wants what this film has to offer. The dialogue is poor at best and utterly atrocious if not. The script feels as if it was written by an 8 year old with a vocabulary of around 25 words: Edward: do you like the rain? Bella: no i don't like the rain, i don't like anything cold and wet (worth noting Twilight, the film that keeps on giving. But the question is whether the audience wants what this film has to offer. The dialogue is poor at best and utterly atrocious if not. The script feels as if it was written by an 8 year old with a vocabulary of around 25 words: Edward: do you like the rain? Bella: no i don't like the rain, i don't like anything cold and wet (worth noting these abysmal actors stutter their way through the lines, straining at an attempt to portray high school love, but frequently missing the mark and just showing themselves to be poor actors) The plot is nonsensical and horrendous, the support cast don't help at all. And did i mention, the dialogue is awful. Gets a three for the scenes which weren't utterly appalling, and for the unintentionally witty lines (see above) and my personal favourite: Edward: hold on spider monkey (aimed at Bella) not spider girl, or spider woman, or even spider lady, no..... spider monkey! Expand
  41. MaureenD.
    Jan 18, 2009
    Book much better. Not enough graphics, her acting not very good and he should of kept his accent. They skipped so much that if you didn't read the book you would be lost. Hope movie 2 has better graphics like Harry Potter did.
  42. PeterKay
    Oct 30, 2009
    This film was really poor, for a vampire film to not use a correct definition of a vampire is a deadly sin; this made the movie as uncompelling to me as possible, there is a difference between innovating and redefining, and twilight crossed the redefining line. A vampire is not a vampire just because it sucks blood; leeches and mosquitos suck blood too. It could of been a lot more This film was really poor, for a vampire film to not use a correct definition of a vampire is a deadly sin; this made the movie as uncompelling to me as possible, there is a difference between innovating and redefining, and twilight crossed the redefining line. A vampire is not a vampire just because it sucks blood; leeches and mosquitos suck blood too. It could of been a lot more appealing with a better cast, Rob said himself in an interview that he wished it had more violence, he's not the right man for the job; someone more sensitive and with a better hold on romance would have been better. I'm finding it hard to find good things to say, but its just too cheesy to comment on, one thing I did like was the small role played by Bella's father(Billy Burke) and Alice(Ashley Greene) but I feel hard to give these value as they are both established actors. Expand
  43. Moebius
    Apr 3, 2009
    Holy... Well, let's stop on this. I haven't seen a Movie! It was just a set of separate (and often ridiculous) scenes, not linked together at all! It's a complete waste of time, money and nerves! Even visuals more like chinese action-movies with all those "rope-jumping"! What's this?! I hate it. Really. P.S. Girls, who watched "this" with me, wasn't excited too. Holy... Well, let's stop on this. I haven't seen a Movie! It was just a set of separate (and often ridiculous) scenes, not linked together at all! It's a complete waste of time, money and nerves! Even visuals more like chinese action-movies with all those "rope-jumping"! What's this?! I hate it. Really. P.S. Girls, who watched "this" with me, wasn't excited too. Who needs movies like this, then? Expand
  44. KeenanS.
    Jun 15, 2009
    The moment I saw a preview of this film, I knew it was going to suck, but I was still willing to give it a chance, so I went and saw it. Wow, it sure did suck. The film is atrocious and fails to deliver anything that a romance or vampire film should have. It has boring, 1-dimensional, cardboard characters who have some of the worst acting abilities (Especially the guy who plays Edward) The moment I saw a preview of this film, I knew it was going to suck, but I was still willing to give it a chance, so I went and saw it. Wow, it sure did suck. The film is atrocious and fails to deliver anything that a romance or vampire film should have. It has boring, 1-dimensional, cardboard characters who have some of the worst acting abilities (Especially the guy who plays Edward) I've ever seen in a film. The dialogue was really bad, thanks to the cliched, hackneyed script. The music soundtrack is horrible, and stands as one of the worst film soundtracks I have ever heard. The CGI effects were utterly appalling, and I've seen better CGI in the 90's. The film also does not meet certain requirements vampire films are supposed to have, such as the fact the vampires sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight. I don't mind if a few things get changed up a bit in a vampire film, but vampires die in sunlight. It's been a requirement for the last few centuries. By the way, whoever says this is the best romance since Romeo and Juliet is an idiot. Expand
  45. RyanM.
    Mar 26, 2009
    Ridiculous. Sappy. Like a bad MTV video or after school special. Really geared for teenage girls.
  46. EnzoP.
    Jul 16, 2009
    Twilight is a very bad movie. While was watching it I felt so weird because every five seconds you see kirsten stewart and robert pattinson staring at each other awkwardly. Just look at the picture on the top of the page. Although it did keep my interest through out the movie.
  47. AlexG.
    Dec 27, 2008
    This movie, along with the book, was not all that great. I found it annoying that there was no background for the characters and that Bella did not do or say things that a normal person would. Also, the so-called vampires in this movie were nothing but people who were strong and people who could fly. What happened to the vampires that suck humans' blood and can't go out in This movie, along with the book, was not all that great. I found it annoying that there was no background for the characters and that Bella did not do or say things that a normal person would. Also, the so-called vampires in this movie were nothing but people who were strong and people who could fly. What happened to the vampires that suck humans' blood and can't go out in sunlight. Twilight recieves far more praise than it deserves and is one of the worst movies of 2008. Expand
  48. Aug 23, 2010
    It would be a great mistake to call this picture "vampire movie". Vampires here are quite phony since they don't drink blood. I don't know if it is bad acting or whether romance is supposed to be so slow and passionless between vegetarian vampire and gloomy girl, but I can't see a single spark between them even when they're kissing. Characters' actions are full of incoherence. How doesIt would be a great mistake to call this picture "vampire movie". Vampires here are quite phony since they don't drink blood. I don't know if it is bad acting or whether romance is supposed to be so slow and passionless between vegetarian vampire and gloomy girl, but I can't see a single spark between them even when they're kissing. Characters' actions are full of incoherence. How does Edward, according to some girl's evidence quite desired by most of schoolgirls, fall in love with some girl who seems to have dyslexia? I don't believe that his feelings are based on her smell solely. Why on earth evil blood-drinking vampires are so hostile? Smell again? And let alone poorly made supernatural jumps and combat scene. I practically can see strings attached to their bodies. Expand
  49. May 22, 2012
    Bad acting, cheesy moments (super cheesy), lack of chemistry in love scenes and not having the true spirit of a true vampire is all I can say. You would not even classify this as a vampire movie because vampires in this movie are rarely drinking blood and rarely bites people. Overall, the film is boring and bad. They did redeem just a little bit in New Moon and Eclipse (from a score of 3 to 4).
  50. Dec 19, 2011
    This is a very horrendous move. A pretty predicatble plot, and bad acting and a stupid story (do we need more vampire romances in the world?) I just want to punch the direct in the face.
  51. Jan 7, 2012
    It had a few decent moments in it, but overall this movie just bored the hell out of me. The romance wasn't moving at all, that best fight scene mtv awarded battle with edward and that one wolf was 2 minutes of basically epic shoving. why the hell do so many people like this movie? Its like over 2 hours long and it just drags on.......blah blah oh hes a vampire.....blah blah blah of i'mIt had a few decent moments in it, but overall this movie just bored the hell out of me. The romance wasn't moving at all, that best fight scene mtv awarded battle with edward and that one wolf was 2 minutes of basically epic shoving. why the hell do so many people like this movie? Its like over 2 hours long and it just drags on.......blah blah oh hes a vampire.....blah blah blah of i'm suddenly magically in love with you edward..... i gave it an honest chance, and it made a chuckle here and there, thought it was kinda creative at times but overall im just watching this like, wait a minute? why the **** is this vampire glowing in the sun? Plus Bella should've been hotter. seriously they get a mega pretty boy i guess for the vampire because girls wont shut up about him, but for bella we got an actress whose a 8 of 10 at best. lol. Expand
  52. Dec 15, 2012
    One of the worst sagas ever made.
  53. Aug 10, 2014
    Twilight has laughable performances that are so bad they're almost good. It is unbelievably silly, but it is an atmospheric movie, with a directorial style and an excellent musical score.
  54. Jan 14, 2015
    The only reason this film exists is to get the girls screaming for more, Twilight is absolute garbage and it baffles me on how big this movie's fan base is.
  55. AdrianaS.
    Nov 27, 2008
    the movie quite frankly sucked! i wa expecting more... i mean the books r fantastic and then this movie flopped. But some how it is still making millions (which i do not understand) Too many scenes were changed and added. it went to slow and all they did was stare at each other.. no flirting or "i love you" moments like in the books. It sucked.
  56. RuthJ
    Jan 12, 2009
    I am a big fan of the book (and hot vampires) but OMG this movie was awful!! The negative reviews I read beforehand weren't nearly harsh enought to prepare me! The opening scene of one of the Vamps hunting a deer showed promise, but the first 20 minutes of "dialogue" (was there actually a script or were they just winging it?) forced me out of the theater somewhere around the I am a big fan of the book (and hot vampires) but OMG this movie was awful!! The negative reviews I read beforehand weren't nearly harsh enought to prepare me! The opening scene of one of the Vamps hunting a deer showed promise, but the first 20 minutes of "dialogue" (was there actually a script or were they just winging it?) forced me out of the theater somewhere around the "I'll have a garden burger" moment. I'm not sure if it was really the acting (hello B-list) or the director trying to jam in insignificant book details rather than taking time to build suspence and character depth. Edward's tempted and tortured moment in biology class just looked like a five-year-old that had to pee?! I had to re-watch Harry Potter to remind myself that he really is a decent actor. I vote 2 - in the event that it got better sometime after I gave up. Collapse
  57. DanR
    May 1, 2009
    I like to think of myself asa movie buf so I decided to give this movie a fair go, I read the book and decided it got a 5 out of 10 because it is not written that well and the same thing goes for this movie. They tried to change a classic horror element, Vampires, like what the remake of dawn of the dead did to zombies but while dawn of the ead was good this failed. Poorly made, little to I like to think of myself asa movie buf so I decided to give this movie a fair go, I read the book and decided it got a 5 out of 10 because it is not written that well and the same thing goes for this movie. They tried to change a classic horror element, Vampires, like what the remake of dawn of the dead did to zombies but while dawn of the ead was good this failed. Poorly made, little to no prodution values and just a ciomplet lack of what makes a movie good. Expand
  58. RoseW.
    Nov 22, 2008
    The movie did exactly what Vampires do, suck. The only reason it made as much money as it did is because of their millions of loyal fans who have read the book plus the girls who have swooned over Pattinson since his appearance in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Overall, the film is funny, though unintentional, and has ruined the idea and fear people have had for vampires for many The movie did exactly what Vampires do, suck. The only reason it made as much money as it did is because of their millions of loyal fans who have read the book plus the girls who have swooned over Pattinson since his appearance in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Overall, the film is funny, though unintentional, and has ruined the idea and fear people have had for vampires for many generations of young tween girls. Expand
  59. Joe
    Nov 22, 2008
    Terrible acting... people in the theatre were laughing at the acting.
  60. adrianav
    Nov 24, 2008
    this movie was verry porly made, the acting was not the best, the makeup looked obviously way overdone. it looked like a low budget film. the setting was not belevable. I beleve that the director does not demand more of the actors, because when you have a demanding director you can get the worst actors to look like the best. the story draged on too long, and felt boring, the vampires actedthis movie was verry porly made, the acting was not the best, the makeup looked obviously way overdone. it looked like a low budget film. the setting was not belevable. I beleve that the director does not demand more of the actors, because when you have a demanding director you can get the worst actors to look like the best. the story draged on too long, and felt boring, the vampires acted way too depressing, and sure a little depresing is okay but they way over did it. in one ocassin I saw the main character who is not suposed to be in derect sunlight ouside in a cloud free sunny day,their is no way that this group of teenagers could have gone to a normal school without raising some crazy suspicions. alot of girls went to see the movie, but it was the book that made them go. Expand
  61. HeatherJackson
    Nov 24, 2008
    A lot of build up and a BIG let down!!! I have read all four books and I was really disappointed!!! The acting was terrible, there was no real connection between the two main characters(Edward and Bella). The almost love scene was cheesy and the makeup and special effects were awful. Don't waste the money for a ticket.
  62. EC
    Dec 11, 2008
    The only things that I felt was good in the movie, was the music and the laughs. Edward, Jasper, Alice, Bella and Jacob all looked.. wrong. The acting was okay at best and the scenes where the vampire used their 'superpowers' were horrible.
  63. DaveH
    Dec 7, 2009
    There's nothing extraordinary about this movie, the fangirls who are in love with E.C. have never experienced romance in their lives.
  64. JimR
    Feb 14, 2009
    The only real value I can see in this movie is if the series is popular enough to spawn a few sequels, so viewers can look back and realize how far the later ones have come. The special effects are barely hidden, as is the value of our female lead. I am tempted to call her a heroine, but aside from rushing into a an obvious trap to trade her life for her family, she never does anything The only real value I can see in this movie is if the series is popular enough to spawn a few sequels, so viewers can look back and realize how far the later ones have come. The special effects are barely hidden, as is the value of our female lead. I am tempted to call her a heroine, but aside from rushing into a an obvious trap to trade her life for her family, she never does anything especially heroic. She praises her friend as a strong independent woman while showing little sign of being such herself. Perhaps I just don't see it as a man, but Edward does not seem to be as "beautiful" as he is described. The re-imagination of the vampire legends does allow the story to avoid certain classic pitfalls of vampire media, but Meyer seems to be intent on keeping the general convention of women intact. That is to say, if they do not have some supernatural powers, they are pathetic. At least Bella shows some desire to become a vampire toward the end. Expand
  65. LeighW
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ridiculously bad. I mean, sure, people are bound to like this movie, especially the insane Twilight fanatics who are blinded with their own obsession with the books. I think my favorite part of the movie was probably all the special effects. I literally couldn't stop myself from laughing. Not only were the effects disappointing, but the acting as well. You with think with such a cult Ridiculously bad. I mean, sure, people are bound to like this movie, especially the insane Twilight fanatics who are blinded with their own obsession with the books. I think my favorite part of the movie was probably all the special effects. I literally couldn't stop myself from laughing. Not only were the effects disappointing, but the acting as well. You with think with such a cult following, they would attempt to find some decent actors. The girl who plays Bella couldn't be more mediocre, and Edward...well at least he has his looks and white makeup to support him through life. Let's just say I'm not a fan. Expand
  66. ShaneB
    Jun 17, 2009
    Twilight is, quite frankly, a film in which only 16 year old goths will enjoy. While the film does at times have some decent Cinematography, the plot is over exaggerated, the acting is poor, the writing is uninspired and the film at times looks just plain ugly, making Twilight, in my opinion, one of the worst films of the year thus far.
  67. Billbilly
    Nov 21, 2008
    I give it a 2 because at least it had all of the characters and the adaptation was somehwat accurate. I was extremely dissapointed with Twilight. I've read all the books, and this ones the best. But believe me, it is even worse than "Eragon"! You might think that's a joke, it ain't. This is probably the boringest movie I have ever seen. It felt like poor-quality I give it a 2 because at least it had all of the characters and the adaptation was somehwat accurate. I was extremely dissapointed with Twilight. I've read all the books, and this ones the best. But believe me, it is even worse than "Eragon"! You might think that's a joke, it ain't. This is probably the boringest movie I have ever seen. It felt like poor-quality entertainment all the way through. Like everything is in there, but it would have been nice if they'd try to entertain us, then make a daring epic. Twilight isn't a daring epic!!!!! It's a chick Flick!!! For gods sakes how can they get that wrong? Expand
  68. KellyNelson
    Nov 22, 2008
    I have read the book 3 times, and was very disappointed, most of the actors didn't fit the charaters, the acting was mostly bad, imporant info was left out which I think will make the next movies difficult, worthless things were added...not impressed. They relied to much on teeny-boppers looking for eye candy and not enough on the actual story which could have been an amazing movie ifI have read the book 3 times, and was very disappointed, most of the actors didn't fit the charaters, the acting was mostly bad, imporant info was left out which I think will make the next movies difficult, worthless things were added...not impressed. They relied to much on teeny-boppers looking for eye candy and not enough on the actual story which could have been an amazing movie if they had stuck to the book. Didn't appear the screen writer had read the other books since items that become very important in the next book were left out, rushed through, or changed dramatically. Expand
  69. ArtemO
    Nov 29, 2008
    Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Acting sucked, the girl wasn't pretty, and they were hardly even vampires! Not to mention normally when I think vampire I think action but this movie had none.
  70. Rachel
    Dec 16, 2009
    There's supposed to be chemistry between the two characters, I didn't notice any. And some emotion would've been nice. Maybe some sound/music in the first half would've entertained me and my friend also. Unless you like Robert Pattison I don't think you'll like the film!
  71. RichardA.
    Mar 23, 2009
    I believe this movie marks the death of the Bramstoker vampire and the nosferatu in general. The chemistry between characters is awkward and plastic, the story line is simple, and judging by the books fan base, one of whom was quoted as saying "I like the books but these reading things is hard", it's good the story line is simple otherwise it'd lose them too quickly. A sick I believe this movie marks the death of the Bramstoker vampire and the nosferatu in general. The chemistry between characters is awkward and plastic, the story line is simple, and judging by the books fan base, one of whom was quoted as saying "I like the books but these reading things is hard", it's good the story line is simple otherwise it'd lose them too quickly. A sick twisted affair based on a half hearted book, compared to Romeo and Julliet by what I seriously hope are the worst trolls in the history of the internet. Expand
  72. GearoidM
    Nov 24, 2008
    From around half way through onwards people were laughing. I wasn't sure if it was a comedy or not. That's 2 hours of my life I won't get back, unfortunately. The acting was poor and it was sooo slow. My wife enjoyed it - mostly because she spent the entire movie drooling over the lead actor.
  73. Apr 12, 2011
    This film just makes you realise that the world is full of camp people,men and women.In the older days when men were men and wanted to do manly things with their pals Vampire Horror was quite enjoyable but these days men just follow their partner anywhere and everywhere!Even going as far as copying the lady habit of dropping their own friends for the partner relationship.Only to try andThis film just makes you realise that the world is full of camp people,men and women.In the older days when men were men and wanted to do manly things with their pals Vampire Horror was quite enjoyable but these days men just follow their partner anywhere and everywhere!Even going as far as copying the lady habit of dropping their own friends for the partner relationship.Only to try and win their mates back after the relationship goes south and crumbles and shatters to pieces!
    This film is drowned in camp vampires.....omg if the vamps have gone camp then there really is no hope left for mankind!
    Vampire films used to be classed as horror but with drivel like this its no wonder there's no scares left in the genre.......except for 30 days of Night,if you want an up-to date vampire horror go for that as you wont be dissappointed,oh and it has romance but its so thin you know its there but forget it as the horror is so intense.
  74. Jun 12, 2011
    Nothing more than a confused womans wet dream, with legions of idiotic, pubescant 16 year old fan girls streaming in her wake. The poor story is further degraded by immensely wooden acting and dull script writing. A real fangs-bared yawn accompanied by repulsion at the overall story.
  75. Oct 2, 2011
    the glamorous vampires are not badass at all. it was quite sad, never knew they were books until after i saw the movie, just terrible fairy vampires AND **** ACTING!
  76. Dec 7, 2011
    One of the dullest movies I've ever seen in my life. If only I could take those 122 minutes back. Here are reasons why this movie sucked. 1. First off, the characters are lifeless. 2. The characters sound like they are reading off paper
    3. Practically remain blank faced throughout most of the movie
    4. No chemistry between the two main characters 5. Is everybody wearing makeup? If you are a
    3. Practically remain blank faced throughout most of the movie
    4. No chemistry between the two main characters
    5. Is everybody wearing makeup?
    If you are a Twilight fan, then I feel sorry for you. Please get some help.
  77. Jan 11, 2012
    One of the more foolish movies I've ever seen. It has a poor plot, poor music, poor screenplay and the worst, it ruined the vampire's stories. This movie is really awful. Enjoyable just for teenagers in love. In a way is stupid.
  78. Jan 21, 2013
    Twilight is an extremely pathetic movie. A movie so riped of phoniest it is almost laughable. Not only is it dull, pretentious and boring, it has some very wooden acting and poor dialogue.
  79. May 30, 2012
    I don't want to be mean or give extreme opinion toward a film, but for the twilight series I guess I break the role once. It is all about a chick falls in love with vampire, which doesn't even look as half as handsome as Leonardo Di Caprio, his face is whiter than MJ and yes you see the girl kisses a 500 years old vampire grandpa, but look like an 18 years old. Can anyone tell me what'sI don't want to be mean or give extreme opinion toward a film, but for the twilight series I guess I break the role once. It is all about a chick falls in love with vampire, which doesn't even look as half as handsome as Leonardo Di Caprio, his face is whiter than MJ and yes you see the girl kisses a 500 years old vampire grandpa, but look like an 18 years old. Can anyone tell me what's the big deal in it? Expand
  80. Mar 25, 2013
    You call it movie, I call it cliche love story for desperate girls who think they have a shot with Taylor Lautner. Nothing good here at all Im disapointed with Taylor and Kristen they did great movies as kids/pre-teens/teens like Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Catch That Kid, then an overly hyped love story between phony vampires who dont act like vampires one bit, the only thing they do is,You call it movie, I call it cliche love story for desperate girls who think they have a shot with Taylor Lautner. Nothing good here at all Im disapointed with Taylor and Kristen they did great movies as kids/pre-teens/teens like Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Catch That Kid, then an overly hyped love story between phony vampires who dont act like vampires one bit, the only thing they do is, have pale skin. The effects are lazy,Im sure the book was better I didnt read it but they usually write better books then movies. If you want my advise if you a girl your probably gonna see it no matter what just to see shirtless Taylor or crappy love story, if your a guy your either going to see action (which isnt the best but isnt the worst), your girl dragged you there, you actually like it or you (excuse this but) gay. Expand
  81. Apr 13, 2013
    Let me just start off by saying, I knew this movie wasn't going to good one bit. Which honestly, is no surprise to me. But then again, this story isn't for teenage boys, it's for teenage girls. So if your a girl, you'll end up liking this movie. As far as the storyline goes its iffy, but when you put these characters in these situations, it just plumits into pure crap. Also, the actorsLet me just start off by saying, I knew this movie wasn't going to good one bit. Which honestly, is no surprise to me. But then again, this story isn't for teenage boys, it's for teenage girls. So if your a girl, you'll end up liking this movie. As far as the storyline goes its iffy, but when you put these characters in these situations, it just plumits into pure crap. Also, the actors can't save movie for crap. Overall, it's a terrible start to a saga from the "beloved book series. Expand
  82. Ryan
    Nov 23, 2008
    I've read the entire Twilight series, and I have to say that the movie is terrible. That isn't to say the books are any better, but this is just atrocious. All I can say is: you know something is wrong when your audience is laughing in a gothic vampire romance movie.
  83. RyanC.
    Jan 9, 2009
    This movie was HORRID. The layabout acting mixed in with a droll, played-out storyline makes for a completely wasted hour and a half. The only redeeming quality was the fight sequence, which didn't last more than 3 minutes.
  84. RayS.
    Apr 8, 2009
    This movie was almost painful to watch. I passion, what passion, and the characters were DULL DULL DULL. There was no chemistry only angst or depression. The only thing decent was the soundtrack that is why I gave it at 1 at least. So disappointing.
  85. LawrenceT
    May 5, 2009
    This movie was so boring. I hated it and the acting and the directing was lame. Bella asked the same damn question every three seconds. How did you save me? I will give this film a negative review.
  86. AntônioE
    Apr 13, 2009
    Absolutely crap, I don't know why I'm still wasting my time on this kind of american movies, it's so pathetic, it is boring from the beggining until the end, I have wait to see what could be happen but nothing happens. The only thing that worth is in the radiohead song in the final credits. It's defenely the worse movie that I ever seen in a few years, it's worse Absolutely crap, I don't know why I'm still wasting my time on this kind of american movies, it's so pathetic, it is boring from the beggining until the end, I have wait to see what could be happen but nothing happens. The only thing that worth is in the radiohead song in the final credits. It's defenely the worse movie that I ever seen in a few years, it's worse than "The Spirit" also a great piece of sh*t. Expand
  87. DavidJ
    Apr 28, 2009
    Undoubtedly one of the single worst films ever made. With a thoroughly uninteresting plot and poorly developed characters, this is an insult to what was actually not a bad book. At least that had some good points. You could go and see this, or you could......well there are too many better thing to list.
  88. ClifC
    Jun 8, 2009
    Hey people, get yourself a movie education! This is not even a movie, it's teenagers' fantasies for a guy who has a sex appeal equalling... 0. I gave it a 1 only because I had a good time laughing at it with my friends during the movie. I've rarely seen a movie so bad; oh wait: I already know one... "Twilight 2". There's nothing else to add, my comment is as profound Hey people, get yourself a movie education! This is not even a movie, it's teenagers' fantasies for a guy who has a sex appeal equalling... 0. I gave it a 1 only because I had a good time laughing at it with my friends during the movie. I've rarely seen a movie so bad; oh wait: I already know one... "Twilight 2". There's nothing else to add, my comment is as profound as this movie. Expand
  89. claap567toyou
    Nov 21, 2008
    It has way too many little Vampire flaws, but at least it hist its target audience, but to me, I thought that there were so many flaws that I just think I should steady out the reviews because here I go. Twilight is the worst movie Ive ever seen! Sometimes chick-flicks are fun (like Juno), or there just sappy or unrealistically cheesy, This turns out not to be a chick-flick, but everyone It has way too many little Vampire flaws, but at least it hist its target audience, but to me, I thought that there were so many flaws that I just think I should steady out the reviews because here I go. Twilight is the worst movie Ive ever seen! Sometimes chick-flicks are fun (like Juno), or there just sappy or unrealistically cheesy, This turns out not to be a chick-flick, but everyone seems serious, the romance, the characters. Lame. Expand
  90. JakeJ.
    Dec 25, 2008
    Well, it sucked. The only thing good about the movie was that it managed to be better than the book. Except, even this triumph was unintentional: the script is so awkward at points I ended up laughing out loud at the most random, inopportune times. If you are a teenaged girl, however, you will love the movie. Shame on you.
  91. J.C
    Nov 13, 2009
    Twilight really really sucks. I saw a monkey acting better than this...this...well...THIS. The only thing i liked is Clair De Lune song, but only that.
  92. AmyC
    Dec 30, 2009
    The writer obviously didn't think about the affect her writing, let alone her movie, would cause her reader/watchers. Her vampires were so obvious. They didn't try to mix, they stayed as a group. Everyone loves Bella the moment they see her. She has a vampire watching her sleep, which is considered romantic. Her vampires sparkle. The only reason I'm giving it a 1 is because The writer obviously didn't think about the affect her writing, let alone her movie, would cause her reader/watchers. Her vampires were so obvious. They didn't try to mix, they stayed as a group. Everyone loves Bella the moment they see her. She has a vampire watching her sleep, which is considered romantic. Her vampires sparkle. The only reason I'm giving it a 1 is because James was a decent vampire. Expand
  93. AnnaF
    Mar 11, 2009
    I absolutely LOVED the book. and the movie sucked real bad in comparison. Hopefully the next one will be better.
  94. MarkR
    Mar 20, 2009
    The books were Great! The Movie was to poorly directed. It should have never made it to a screen to be viewed. In my opinion
  95. IvanG.
    Mar 29, 2009
    Mainstream crap churned out to please people of ages... well, it wasn't really made for anyone- just people stupid enough to be convinced by a mormon that "vampires are perfectly normal people" or that a vampire doesn't drink blood or kill, it just has glitter skin in the sun... If you went to see this film, consider yourself on a warning.
  96. surs
    Jun 1, 2009
    The book was great. It may not be a literary jewel but it was an excellent romantic story. I was very disappointed with the movie. Kirsten Stewart can't act to save her life. The movie was not true to the book at all. I for one cannot see the cullens riding in public transportation of any kind, even a school bus. The book had so much potential as a movie that I hope someone does a The book was great. It may not be a literary jewel but it was an excellent romantic story. I was very disappointed with the movie. Kirsten Stewart can't act to save her life. The movie was not true to the book at all. I for one cannot see the cullens riding in public transportation of any kind, even a school bus. The book had so much potential as a movie that I hope someone does a good remake. Expand
  97. SebastianC
    Sep 30, 2009
    Bar none, one of the worst films ever made. I understand this is a teen flick, but the script is appalling, the acting is dreadful, the directing is terrible and the whole thing is just physically painful.
  98. LouE.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Bram Stoker must be turniing in his grave!!!!!!!
    But I know I'm not the intended audience, I never read t he book, I'm not a tween, I'm a guy and I have a brain, it might as well been brought to us by Disney. All in all just a buch of pretty white kids pretending to act. totally messed up the Vampire genre
  99. AnonymousMC
    Dec 8, 2008
    This movie had no character development, and no passion. It was a complete flop compared to the books. And what was with the stuttering during the hospital scene? Kristen sucks in this movie. She doesn't even capture 1/4 of the essence of Bella. Save your money and read the books again.
  100. NateK.
    Mar 24, 2009
    I read the book and saw the movie, but it wasn't that great. The book wasn't the best, and had some major flaws, and the movie adaptation was absolutely horrendous. Not only did it have terrible special effects, the actors were disappointing in their performances. Perhaps the second movie will be better, but not by much.

Twilight will mesmerize its target audience, 16-year-old girls and their grandmothers. Their mothers know all too much about boys like this.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A disappointingly anemic tale of forbidden love that should satiate the pre-converted but will bewilder and underwhelm viewers who haven't devoured Stephenie Meyer's bestselling juvie chick-lit franchise.
  3. Reviewed by: Chuck Wilson
    In the 17-million-copy land of "Twilight," the calling card isn't blood and fangs, but the exquisite, shimmering quiver of unconsummated first love. By that measure, the movie version gives really good swoon.