8.8

1. Aug 18, 2014
    "Up" is a charming film, but full with things Pixar have overly used in their films. The visuals are fantastic, definitely, but the storytelling and the plot twists are too similar to Pixar's previous pictures, such as "Toy Story", and its characters are weaker than average in 2000s animation. Nevertheless, "Up" is enjoyable and of a high quality, of course, even if you feel like you have watched it again. Expand
  2. Jul 20, 2014
    Para mi, la mejor película de animación hasta el momento, ya se que para muchos Toy Story es mejor, pero esta posee un gran guión, combina la risa con las lágrimas a la perfección, es simplemente una obra maestra.
  3. Jul 7, 2014
    The beginning is poignant and sad at the same time. The rest follows a heartfelt tale of a man's journey, not just to Paradise Falls. The trio of the old man, the scout, and the dog is not only funny, but like actual family. Pixar has so many greats on its agenda I doubt anyone can replicate it.
  4. Jun 29, 2014
    There will be always somebody who doesn't like this film but what that person can't deny, is that "Up" is beautifully animated, incredibly well written, amazingly voiced (for every country), undeniably laugh-a-minute gags and another Pixar hit.
  5. Jun 22, 2014
    Pixar is getting way too much credit, especially for UP (& Toy Story 3). After one of the greatest opening sequences I've seen in any animated film, Up turns monotonous. Now to be honest, Up had a to to live up to, given Pixar's previous installment (Wall-E) is one of the greatest animated films ever made. In comparison, Up is just mediocre pish-posh. It's so random that I might have learn't a lesson in chaos. Had they concentrated on the relationship between Carl and his late wife more, the film would have been far more interesting. After a while the boredom wears off and it just gets annoying. Even for a children's film, dog's flying planes is just silly. It's the overload of plot devices that really brings down the film. Had Up been even the least bit innovative, it may have been a far better film. Aside from its first 10 minutes, UP is nothing more than just another average animated film which had the potential to be a lot lot more. Expand
  6. Jun 17, 2014
    Prior to watching this: Love all the previous Pixar films and was hoping this will be great too. The reviews said so.
    Review: Was not roped in by the saccharin and sad bit at the beginning. For those who were, you fools! Was frustrated by the totally unrealistic bit with the floating house on many levels. Was bored by lack of things happening after the house had arrived at the
    destination til the discovery of others on that site.
  7. Apr 26, 2014
    Funny,touching,and incredibly good graphics this is by far one of my favourite pixar movie of all time.The characters are really funny,if i had to recommend a movie from pixar this is the one i would name.
  8. Apr 24, 2014
    While I have nothing against Up's animation or story, the film itself is just average. The montage of Carl's life with his wife is touching and maybe even tear-jerking, but the rest of the film is not one of Pixar's best.
  9. Apr 4, 2014
    I like this movie very much.It has all the thing to make a movie good.I like background music at the starting very much.UP! has me feel Up.IF you are tired of watching drama watch this movie you will not get tired
  10. Mar 14, 2014
    people say old people are just mean when you up it tells you old people have a big heart also pixar has a way to creative better films . i always love the old guy in this movie
  11. Mar 9, 2014
    Up is a decent yet patchy addition to the Pixar cannon. The elements that deal with grief work excellently, yet the action is a little too abstract in comparison. Love those talking dogs, though. Hilarious!
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    It's sweet, emotional, and hilarious adventure from Pixar. Adults would probably enjoy this film more than kids, but nevertheless, this is a great family & kids film.
  13. Feb 14, 2014
    A stellar creation by Pixar. "Up" is a film I believe is for everyone. That somehow reaches into everyone's souls and pulls out the heart in them. Not just the heart, but the feeling of enjoyment that this film does intend to do. I enjoyed the film from start to finish, not just once, but several times over.
  14. Jan 31, 2014
    I think this is Pixar's worst film. I love the first twenty minutes, but they belong to another movie. The rest of the movie reminds me of Jim and the Giant Peach (a decent film, nothing spectacular) because the plot is just silly and random. The differences between Jim and Up are that the animation in Up is far less interesting, and the characters are boring and forgettable, or annoying. Forty minutes into the movie and I was looking at my watch, so boring. Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2013
    Possibly the most entertaining and heartwarming animated movie I have ever seen. Disney once again creates a touching story that will please children and adults alike.
  16. Nov 15, 2013
    Up goes high.
    Another spectacular animated achievement from Pixar, Up is successful from beautiful artwork to a great story. A great movie with great emotion.
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    This movie is the only animated movie that made me cry. it´s story is so heartwarming it´s charchaters are grow on you. this movie you must watch or if you donýou will miss one of the most satfiying movies of all time
  18. Oct 31, 2013
    in my opinion this is the best actual film that walt disney pixar made,that is a lot of good characters in this film and almost all of them have their touch.
  19. Aug 18, 2013
    Before watching this movie, I had little expectations for something little more than a cliché child's film, I discovered something more. A beautifully animated and written classic. It could possibly have the most emotional 4 minutes of a movie I have ever seen as well as heart gripping soundtrack. The comedy was heartwarming as well as the connection between Carl and Russel. Story telling at it's finest. Expand
  20. Aug 5, 2013
    Up es una replica a seguir de como hacer y aprovechar una pelicula teniendo en cuenta los sentimientos y valores que hay que dar en este tipo de peliculas, una excelente muestra del amor en todo sentido y una pelicula mas que adorar de entre otras de Pixar
  21. Jul 4, 2013
    "Up" is charming, heartwarming, and a clever movie that proves that there are always good films out there, even animated. "Up" deals with the strong relationships that we all deal through in life when someone dies, and even though we've dealt with movies like this before, "Up" has human-like emotions, that it exceeds several of other love stories produced. Up's characters are wonderful Carl Fredrickson is an old man who is cranky after his wife's death, but yes, he is likable as his story is so tragic. Russel is the annoying kid, but he deals with the fact that his parent's don't pay attention to him, and... it is emotional. "Up"'s plotline in impeccably told, and deals with the beauty of our world love. After watching "Up", it makes you realize our world and our people, and how we are all connected to others by love and this is beautiful to realize in times like these. Expand
  22. Jul 1, 2013
    Up had a great beginning, an unimpressive middle, and a pleasant ending. It is far from the best material Pixar has produced. You get the feeling it could had been so much more imaginative considering the premise was wonderful.
  23. Jun 28, 2013
    A hilarious and emotional masterpiece by Pixar. Arguably one of their best films to date. The movie is full of memorable characters, witty dialogue, and excellent animation. A must see.
  24. Jun 25, 2013
    Pixar may have created some of their finest work yet in the form of Up, it really packs an emotional punch that is difficult to find these days with real actors involved, but they manage to tell a love story and have a father/son or grandfather/grandson dynamic in this film that also show wonderful visuals that outline just how far the company has come since its Toy Story days.
    With a
    wonderful opening montage that is almost void of any speaking, we are shown a heartbreaking story of love and loss, we are introduced to Carl, and elderly man who is the last remaining housing owner on a piece of land that is trying to be taken away to make room for some major development.
    Carl is threatened with a retirement home so makes plans to get away to Paradise Falls, a place "lost in time", he attaches thousands of balloons to his house and floats off into the sky, but with added guests.
    Russell, a young scout who accidentally tagged along, proves a welcome and hilarious friend for the ageing Carl, his witty lines but angelic charm have made him an unforgettable character in the Pixar family.
    The themes within the film are edgy but realistic in Pixar terms. A film that deals with death, hints of fatherly abandonment and getting old are indeed tough but heartfelt messages, but these have been dealt with brilliantly, the whole film is an adventure of spontaneity and self discovery, don't necessarily plan everything in front of you but perhaps live a little and go with the flow. Carl has lived his whole life wishing to take hsi joinery, but only decides to do so at 78 years old.
    The character of Russell is wonderfully voice acted by Jordan Nagai, who shows the innocence but also sponge-like nature of a child, picking up on everything that their elders do, but there for some blunt truth when necessary. The adventures these two take the viewer on will leave you wanting more and more, with hilarious and over the top antics to rival in of this studios previous efforts.
    This is without doubt one of Pixar's finest efforts, it has plenty of clever but also slapstick humour, an even mix to appeal to the audience in masses, a heartfelt and motivational story of life going on, and is certainly a visual spectacle to behold.
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    Another great Pixar movie that has characters that you can connect with. Especially Ed Asner's character, you really feel the love he had for his wife and the pain he goes through when she dies. Also the other characters including Doug the dog and Kevin the snipe make for the fun adventure.
  26. Jun 9, 2013
    This is a Pixar movie that really took me by surprise. It really made me like more than I thought I would. The story is marvelous, the characters are very interesting and the plot is unbelievable. What really surprised me in this movie is how much this movie really has heart. I mean, all Pixar movies have heart, but this one has a lot of it. Basically because the story is about how Carl has to deal with losing his wife. It really impacted my heart-strings in a way that no Pixar movie had done before. Plus, it has its really funny moments as well. I was afraid that this movie would have that quirky childish-like humor, but honestly it didn't. It worked really well for both kids and adults in a much different way. Even the music was made perfectly to the tone of the movie. This movie is definitely in the top 3 best Pixar movies ever made. Not only that, but it's also in my top 5 movies ever made. Overall, it's a powerful Pixar movie. Collapse
  27. Jun 2, 2013
    The best Pixar film by far. The emotional breakthrough I had at the end the kindness and chivalry from the main character I left the theatre thinking everyone in the world should be like that
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    The best 3d animation i have see! The script is very sad, but show us how the life can be simple. On that movie you remember how important is promise.
  29. Mar 25, 2013
    Hilarious and beautifully written story of a man and a boy navigating through the world of Paradise Falls.
  30. Mar 18, 2013
    Apart from Toy Story, this is truly Pixar's finest work to date. Not many studios can make an audience feel this much emotion for a character within the first 15 minutes of a film, but Pixar pulled it off. The rest of the film is brilliant to; it makes you laugh, it makes you cry and it keeps you immensely entertained throughout. One of my favorite films of all time.

1. Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, the gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A captivating odd-couple adventure that becomes funnier and more exciting as it flies along.
  3. By all means, see Up in its 3-D incarnation: The cliff drops are vertiginous, and the scores of balloons--bunched into the shape of one giant balloon--are as pluckable as grapes.