Screen Gems | Release Date: April 20, 2007
8.6
Universal acclaim based on 219 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ERG1008Aug 23, 2010
Unhappy couple get lost taking a short cut, car breaks down, stay at a motel in the middle of nowhere, strange owner, etc
It sort of tries to be a bit Hitchcock-esque with the torture genre thrown in but just comes out as a predictable, cliched nonsense of a film which is very thin on ideas & originality.
Shame really because I quite like Luke Wilson.
RyanM.Apr 20, 2007
This bootleg piece of sh.t.damn last night i took a sh.. and i think vacancy came out of my ass ....literally..out of my ass....luke(no one cares about me because i suck at acting) wilson cant act worth anything...kate beckinsale...looks likeThis bootleg piece of sh.t.damn last night i took a sh.. and i think vacancy came out of my ass ....literally..out of my ass....luke(no one cares about me because i suck at acting) wilson cant act worth anything...kate beckinsale...looks like a beatup house wife.who in fact gets beat up..for not making din din...it should of been straight to sci fi. Expand
DavidA.Apr 21, 2007
Horrible movie, i was expecting somethin scary , but spiderman actually seems more scary then this, the end is like so horrible this movide sucks @$$ big time.
ChrisWApr 23, 2007
There are 3 single word thrillers out (Disturbia, Fracture, and Vacancy) and I ended up seeing the wrong one. To highlight the positives of the movie - the characters are very realistic and acted extremely well by all. Whaley does a There are 3 single word thrillers out (Disturbia, Fracture, and Vacancy) and I ended up seeing the wrong one. To highlight the positives of the movie - the characters are very realistic and acted extremely well by all. Whaley does a fantastic job being the modern day Bates (with his own twist), while Wilson does wonders as being a scorn soon-to-be ex husband to Beckingsdale who, to her own credit, hides her beauty behind her persona in the film. The plot...played out. The story....played out. The thrills...there were a few...but played out. you know when they are coming and I think it's your mind that makes you jump in anticipation over the actual scare itself. Gore-aversed folks - you need not worry, there isn't any. The ending was horrible. I just think they threw these rats in a maze, shook it up, and instead of letting them really struggle through to find the end, they paved the way for them. It grew to be predictable and incredibly cheesy. Why is Hollywood so afraid of taking chances?! This film sure doesn't take any for sure!!!!!!!!!! Time for me to check out the higher rated Fracture and Disturbia next. Expand
ChrisVAug 24, 2007
No way, this movie really sucked!!! its boring and not entertaining at all, no way, cant believe that this kind of movies are still going out in theaters, these ones should be directly to dvd!!!! Worst Movie Ever!!!!