6.0

1. May 8, 2011
    now we have to ask ourselves,why do we watch a movie? And the answer would be entertainment. Of which this movie provides lots of it,that would leave you begging for more. So if you are looking for a sexy,awesome,solid base actioneer,then wanted is the one you want.
  2. NaomiG.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Completely unbelieveable action, yet it happens before your eyes in a fluid motion that entertains your mind and thorws you for a loop. Awesome twists throughout the film. Riveteing.
  3. soulsrf
    Jun 27, 2008
    Awesome! Fresh scenes from start to finish. Very original story!!! Go and see it TWICE!!
  4. RyanD.
    Jul 8, 2008
    What the fuck is wrong with you people? I'll tell you; you have forgotten how to enjoy yourself. Yes, it was nonsensical and whatnot, but that's not what the fuck it's about, is it? It's an action film, and at that it was absolutely spectacular. You better learn to have fun again soon, or you people are going to die unhappy.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    Wanted is crazy fun, gory and over-the-top. Kinetic energy, guns and blood are the things that make up the plot in Wanted- a weak office worker who wants to find out the secrets about his dead dad, and teams up with a gang of superhumans, where he discovers his own abilities. The slow motion scenes are awesome. Separating the bullets from the brains, or the best headshot into pieces toWanted is crazy fun, gory and over-the-top. Kinetic energy, guns and blood are the things that make up the plot in Wanted- a weak office worker who wants to find out the secrets about his dead dad, and teams up with a gang of superhumans, where he discovers his own abilities. The slow motion scenes are awesome. Separating the bullets from the brains, or the best headshot into pieces to enjoy. The film is modern and crazy, filled with epic car chases and great kills. Angelina Jolie was pretty good, but not as good as Morgan Freeman and James McAvoy. Wanted is sexy, fast and gory. Awesome fun. Expand
  6. Feb 24, 2013
    Let me start out by saying that I no way endorse ANYTHING Angelina Jolie is in, however wanted is impossible, ridiculous, and one hell of a ride! We don't watch movies to experience the predictable or only what's possible. Wanted is exciting, well written, full of twists, and well worth the price of admission.
  7. PedroS.
    Jul 28, 2008
    I just loved it! And still love.
  8. julieh.
    Jul 20, 2008
    I was thrilled ... Didn't know much about the movie other than that Jolie was in it ... was on the edge of my seat the entire movie ... It was the first movie in a while that I didn't mind spending the $ on
  9. VeronikaC.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Thanks, Hollywood, for giving this director, Timur Bekmambetov, the opportunity to share his extremely creative visionary talent. I've never seen action sequences like this before - two thumbs up!! Go Russia!!!!
  10. ChristopherK.
    Jun 27, 2008
    The best action shooter since Shoot Em Up, the best mix of comedy since Fight Club, the most fun movie experience I've had in a while. The plot was marginal, the concepts shaky, however the execution and style was dead on.
  11. TylerG.
    Jun 27, 2008
    A great action film with a storyline better than it could have been equals a solid 8.5 for me. This movie was all it needed to be and a little more.
  12. JamesJ.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Just a solid intense movie.
  13. JessS.
    Jun 30, 2008
    A great popcorn summer action movie. Lots of fun and a marvelous performance by James McAvoy. He stands out much like Robert Downey Jr. did in Iron Man. A must see for true action fans.
  14. StephanC.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Really sharp and fast movie.It has lots of adrenaline and that is what I was looking for in a good action movie.Haters are just not that into action movies.
  15. PatrickC.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Amazing action sequences and wonderful imagination. I hope to see more movies from director Bekmambetov in the future - he's a real visionary, and Hollywood NEEDS him!!
  16. RazvanT.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Definatly one of the best movies of the year. A action-thriller that pretty much has everything it needs.With little plot exceptions it's a excellent movie.
  17. LibbyS
    Jul 12, 2008
    This movie was off the chain, this was a great action pack movie, smokin aces was my favorite til I saw this I love this movie, action pack and it was an unexpected curve, if u like movies that, you will love this movie.
  18. GeorgeP.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Personally i thought this movie was excellent if you're looking for something that fits the "brain off summer on" mentality, and anyone who doesn't appreciate the ending hasn't been pounded in school for the last 4 years with "get up and do something" commercials.. The action was excellent, Angelina Jolie was without question excellent once again, sure the plot was thin in Personally i thought this movie was excellent if you're looking for something that fits the "brain off summer on" mentality, and anyone who doesn't appreciate the ending hasn't been pounded in school for the last 4 years with "get up and do something" commercials.. The action was excellent, Angelina Jolie was without question excellent once again, sure the plot was thin in places, and some of the action was questionable, but if i really cared that you couldn't fly through the air in a Viper then i think i'd crack open a textbook. Unfortunately language does make this a no go for most young people out there, which is a shame because some of the precise timing and use of language really made it hilarious instead of just intensely foul. My advice is see it and you probably won't regret it. Expand
  19. RobertF.
    Jul 22, 2008
    Great film, acting was brill and the effects and stunts were amazing.
  20. Nick
    Jul 3, 2008
    Great fun, silly, and full of over exaggerated action that was actually good compared to most movies that try to pull this stuff off.
  21. JessE
    Jul 3, 2008
    Good action movie. James McAvoy did a heck of a job in this movie and will be a household name by the time this film ends its run. Now as for a sequel I am sure we won't be having Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie back will we. So I suppose this is a James McAvoy franchise vehicle.
  22. MattD.
    Aug 2, 2008
    The best action movie ive seen in a long time. Besides Dark Knight.
  23. JasonS.
    Aug 4, 2008
    I went in with low expectations and was greatly surprised at how good the movie was. It's not as good at the 1st Matrix (which I use as the gold standard) but it's probably the best action movie I've seen in a really long time.
  24. AnthonyD.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Getting in early to see this movie has made my summer! If you're lookin for action, you can stop looking...
  25. RolC
    Jun 24, 2008
    Great action, all around good film.
  26. EvanT.
    Jun 25, 2008
    I came in to this movie expecting a jumbled mess of a movie, with the only thing carrying it is it's A-list stars. I was entirely wrong. Compare it to a roller-coaster that looks like it is small. I go on, expecting a ride that can be thrilling at times, but overall will be a waste of time. But then You get shot up into the air, double corkscrew, the whole deal. With a great twist at I came in to this movie expecting a jumbled mess of a movie, with the only thing carrying it is it's A-list stars. I was entirely wrong. Compare it to a roller-coaster that looks like it is small. I go on, expecting a ride that can be thrilling at times, but overall will be a waste of time. But then You get shot up into the air, double corkscrew, the whole deal. With a great twist at the end. No more discussing, this movie is excellent. If you haven't seen it yet, drop what you are doing and go see this. Expand
  27. TaratornP.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Apart from those poor rat bombs, Wanted is Superb! Interesting story, packed with extreme action and special effects. Those bullets will definitely hit your mind. And to be honest, Angelina rocks!!!
  28. PaulK.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Yes, the rat bombs were a terrible plot point, but otherwise this was a blast. The special effects were top notch, the twist in the middle was great and James McAvoy was superb as always. The ending should have contained a cliffhanger for a full on franchise. Wanted deserves as much and more. Great!
  29. DavidR.
    Jun 27, 2008
    An AMAZING action flick that takes you on a wild rollercoaster ride. The actors hit all the right notes in terms of their acting. The Story could have done without the whole "fate" aspect, but that's just me. Anyway, see this film for the stylish action. This is a great summer flick!
  30. JayJ.
    Jun 28, 2008
    It was a great movie action packed and well filmed.
  31. ChuckY.
    Jun 28, 2008
    great, exhilarating movie, especially the ending
  32. JohnW.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Excellent flick!! Reminded me of the Matrix, but even better.
  33. JustinM.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Excellent movie, very funny although there is a very absurd plot this movie is the most enjoyable of this year.
  34. ScottF.
    Jun 29, 2008
    As absurd as this movie may be at some times, it just plain works. The movie never takes itself too seriously, and the effects, action, and story have enough punch and pizzazz to keep almost anyone entertained.
  35. ericd
    Jul 1, 2008
    You do need to suspend belief before watching this movie, but since when does an element of fantasy make a movie bad? I'm not even into violence in my movies. I completely and thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It isn't perfect, but it was very well made, great cast with very good chemistry. Pure escapist fun, big time. Great job.
  36. NickBren
    Jul 9, 2008
    it was amazing beyond belief.
  37. WayneE
    Aug 3, 2008
    This movie was a good blend of Fight Club + Matrix in terms of both plot and action. A lot of humor worked into unexpected places. It is nice and shallow, so doesn't require a lot of attention. I enjoyed myself.
  38. MagsR
    Sep 6, 2008
    Really nice movie! Yes,really violent and yes, not exactly for everyone but if you like action, good acting, original story and good ending...this movie is for you. Waiting for Wanted 2.
  39. GavinS.
    Nov 8, 2008
    I started to watch this film with a low expectation. was greatfully surprised. I thought this was a brilliant action "shoot em up". all the characters were well suited and played. I cant see how people can not like it. people who gave it a 0 obviously do not know a good film when they have seen one.
  40. JeffM
    Jun 28, 2008
    Solid movie, good plot, and one of the best lines i have ever heard any actor say.
  41. PeterK.
    Jul 17, 2008
    Great action flick based on a comic story. Unrealistic plot but like any other comic plot, that is to be expected. Non-stop action.
  42. getmeoutofhere
    Oct 11, 2009
    A nice movie although not the best movie ever made but still a decent watch.
  43. maxj
    Mar 7, 2009
    I can't believe it. if this isn't known as a cult classic then it must be honoured for something. where else will you see a movie as awesome as this.
    Aug 2, 2009
    Jag, it's a freaking movie. Don't take it seriously. Anyways, what were you expecting? Schindler's List? This is a fun movie that I definitely recommend.
  45. RichardB.
    Jun 29, 2008
    The overall concept is woven very well within the action of the film, not over shadowing the characters and not so vague that the film eventually becomes dull or too predictable. Nice shot of Angelina's tattoos
  46. MarcE.
    Jun 28, 2008
    I did not expect to like this film at all. Went on the basis of strong reviews and was not disappointed. A fututre classic of the violent popcorn flick genre.
  47. Ciaran
    Dec 3, 2009
    This was an amazing movie, full of action and over the top. The plot was fantastic, and ridiculous, and it took me a while after the movie to realise that it wasn't possible. An absorbing film that is very fun to watch. very fun.
  48. RNoble
    May 29, 2009
    I have to admit this is probably going to end up being one of my all time favorite movies. It has everything a guy could ask for in a movie: nonstop action, blood, sex, violence, good dialogue, good music, good actors, Angelina Jolie's butt. The editing of this movie is so perfectly done as well as all of the effects, its all just genius. The squeaking of the mouse just before I have to admit this is probably going to end up being one of my all time favorite movies. It has everything a guy could ask for in a movie: nonstop action, blood, sex, violence, good dialogue, good music, good actors, Angelina Jolie's butt. The editing of this movie is so perfectly done as well as all of the effects, its all just genius. The squeaking of the mouse just before exploding is my favorite part of this movie. As far as action movies go I would have to say that this is epic. Expand
  49. khanA
    Sep 29, 2009
    All movies r flop but this movie is the best!!!!! I'll advice everybody to watch this movie now. it is best than DDLJ!!!
  50. Jan 7, 2011
    The movie carries on the story of the Generation X. Wanted is a good mix of its role models from a decade earlier, Fight Club and The Matrix. In all three movies the protagonist is an average Gen-Xer, working a boring office job that does not lead anywhere, being frustrated with the everyday routine, and simply feeling totally useless. But then, someday the main character of Wanted learnsThe movie carries on the story of the Generation X. Wanted is a good mix of its role models from a decade earlier, Fight Club and The Matrix. In all three movies the protagonist is an average Gen-Xer, working a boring office job that does not lead anywhere, being frustrated with the everyday routine, and simply feeling totally useless. But then, someday the main character of Wanted learns that he is meant for something bigger than the life he lived up to that moment (like Neo in The Matrix), and breaks with the social constructs that he felt trapped in (like Fight Club). He becomes a member of a fraternity of real-world superhuman assassins. However, the first moral problem is that their targets are supposedly destined by fate to bring balance to the world. This means that (like in the movie Minority Report) there is the possibility that people, who actually might have not harmed anyone, might be killed without a trial. The second problem is that when someone decides to deliberately choose targets, this superhuman fraternity of assassins will become a regime threatening democracy. A highly entertaining, fast-paced, fun action movie about identity crises, breaking from being a slave of society, and doing what you are meant to do. Collapse
  51. Aug 16, 2013
    Wanted is a narrative story that is told from a very unique point of view, Wesley (James McAvoy) insults the audience from the get go, and he tells his story as if reading it from a journal, meaning that we maybe aren't supposed to hear what he is saying, the film could care less for what people think, in other words, and it triumphs for that matter, bending the rules and the bullets forWanted is a narrative story that is told from a very unique point of view, Wesley (James McAvoy) insults the audience from the get go, and he tells his story as if reading it from a journal, meaning that we maybe aren't supposed to hear what he is saying, the film could care less for what people think, in other words, and it triumphs for that matter, bending the rules and the bullets for that matter. Wesley is an average and routine individual, letting every single thing in his life, no matter how minuscule, annoy him. His routine life is turned on its head when he meets Fox (Angelina Jolie), a master assassin who introduces Wesley to a whole new world of opportunities, starting with him being trained to kill targets that come out of a loom, and interpreted by the leader of the assassins, Sloan (Morgan Freeman).
    The unique take on the tale stems from the absurd nature of it all, bending bullets is not impossible, but simply unheard of, these guys can do it, they can also shoot a fly out of the air through focus and instinct. Its a truly edgy and alternate take on a familiar storyline, but one which never stops going and adds more and more kick to every scene. James McAvoy is convincing as am unlikely hero who can pull out the stops when necessary, and plays the frightened nerd with equal ease. Angelina Jolie is perfectly cast as the quiet yet destructive Fox, she has problems with her job but settles for the fact that she is good at what she does. Its really quite simple to enjoy these sorts of films, they don't take themselves seriously but deliver in heaps and bounds what they set out to do, Wanted sets out to questions every aspect of basic gravity laws and deals in the unorthodox nature of talking to the audience, but it mostly enjoys every damn minute of it, as should we. Wesley's bombardment of questions and queries are really what sum it up, that it is just ridiculous but to simply enjoy it, as there is never a dull moment of some spectacular set pieces or twisted events, adding in many humorous quips and a steady script and you have yourself an enjoyable and action-packed thrill. Certainly not the most logical or quiet of films, but its has some spectacular effects and a bunch of fantastic performances, with a confident script and edgy story that is entertaining until the credits roll.

1. This over-the-top, ultraviolent, hyperkinetic action thriller pretty much has it all.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Like it or not, Wanted pretty much slams you to the back of your chair from the outset and scarcely lets up for the duration.
  3. It takes about an hour after it's over for the heart to slow, the brain to recalibrate, and the nonsensicalness of the thing to sink in.