7.1

Apr 30, 2006
    Very Touching Story.
  2. ArielS.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Excellent Canadian film, highly effective in using Hindi and actors from India. John Abraham is extremely handsome. Seema Biswas won the Canadian Genie Award for Best Actress for 2005. Lisa Ray is so etheral- a great Canadian Actress. The Little girl is so heart warming.
  3. ArnoldP.
    May 5, 2006
    The director eexquisitely reveals the results of an ancient prejudice using a amazing cast to open our hearts. Great insight into India and humanity, where nothing is so strange we cannot identify with it. Runs the emotional range with an ending that made my spirit soar while my eyes filled with tears.
  4. PrudenceK.
    Jul 29, 2006
    Easily the funniest and saddest films of the year! I don't know. Sometimes I didn't know what was going on, I am fluent in Hindi though... so that was cool! I thought it was good when they cut her hair, it was so sad! I cried at that part. Oh! And I loved when they played with the dog, that was so cute! But it was mean when they cut her hair. But that lady was so mean! She was Easily the funniest and saddest films of the year! I don't know. Sometimes I didn't know what was going on, I am fluent in Hindi though... so that was cool! I thought it was good when they cut her hair, it was so sad! I cried at that part. Oh! And I loved when they played with the dog, that was so cute! But it was mean when they cut her hair. But that lady was so mean! She was big! And she was obsessed with that bird! It was so weird! Cool film! Expand

1. Exquisite storytelling, acting and visuals.
  2. Reviewed by: Eddie Cockrell
    Deftly balancing epic sociopolitical scope with intimate human emotions, all polished to a high technical gloss, Deepa Mehta's Water is a profoundly moving drama.
  3. Reviewed by: Bill Gallo
    This work of gorgeous fury, about the virtual imprisonment of millions of Hindu widows in the years before independence, transforms Mehta's feminist rage into an eloquent testament to the hunger for freedom.