Newmarket Films | Release Date: June 6, 2003
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 188 Ratings
WATCH NOW
LucyS.Sep 19, 2005
Very dull and over dramatic.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
MichaelG.Feb 15, 2010
Mediocre at best. Dull, lifeless acting by all but Keisha Castle-Hughes, borderline amateur. Overused character archetypes, up to its ankles in cliches and has more plot holes then a Steven Seagal action flick. It tries desperately to be a Mediocre at best. Dull, lifeless acting by all but Keisha Castle-Hughes, borderline amateur. Overused character archetypes, up to its ankles in cliches and has more plot holes then a Steven Seagal action flick. It tries desperately to be a feel good movie but by the end I was scooping my eyeballs out with a spoon, because it was far more entertaining. Expand
Patty.P.Oct 17, 2004
This movie sucked, it was boring and it dragged on for ages. dont rent or buy this movie. i give it 0 out of 10, it was crap.
FredC.Dec 23, 2005
A waste of time. Tedious and muddled up. Had a hard time staying awake for this one.
marcusm.Dec 8, 2005
I thaught it was a very drie film althaugh it did have it purks and funny moments. you need to understand New Zealends history and how they believe they came to find Zew Zealend. If you are into the sad droopy and old style film this is for you.
SamS.Nov 6, 2005
Tries WAY to hard to be meaninful and is just boring, repititive and predictable. Stupid and annoying.
retroboyNov 7, 2007
This was the the worst6 movie ever i hate it it sucked to the people who liked it i say get a life! very predictable and slow + the ending sucked i hat this boring crap movie a i hope whale rider 2 crashes and bern's THIS MOVIE WAS CRAP.
TeddyPApr 23, 2008
Dull, no real deep meaning to it. Unbelievably boring; once of the worst films I have ever seen. Trying to create something meaningful and failing miserably. Absoloute mess. If you want to see a good film, i suggest the Shawshank Redemption.
TuahineP.Nov 27, 2007
I really didn't like the movie because originally it was about a boy not a girl and if you take a good look at the movie its kind of a disgrace to maori kind.
sil3nt_nickMar 24, 2013
Painful to sit through.
ericisadogMar 27, 2014
This movie is a bubbling cauldron of whale urine. The acting is putrid, the story nauseating, and the cinematography mundane, unless you like lots of underwater shots of people slowly drifting around with voiceovers playing in the background.This movie is a bubbling cauldron of whale urine. The acting is putrid, the story nauseating, and the cinematography mundane, unless you like lots of underwater shots of people slowly drifting around with voiceovers playing in the background. In fact, I made an account specifically so I could come and issue the warning that Roger Ebert and his fellow critics wouldn't. STAY AWAY! Expand