4.8

1. Dec 31, 2011
    Kristen Bell definitely does not save this cliche driven romantic comedy ( if it should even be called that. It should be a horror movie). She gives such a bad performance she almost steeps as low in acting quality as the supporting actors. When in Rome isn't funny or romantic. Please stay away. I give this movie 9%.
  2. AaronC.
    Jan 30, 2010
    romantic comedies usually don't come through, but this film was so very, very terrible. What in the heck are hilarious people like Kristen Bell, Danny DeVito, Angelica Huston, Will Arnett (one of my favorite comedians: terrible in this film) and Dax Sheperd doing in this god awful piece of garbage?
  3. JamesH
    May 16, 2010
    I saw this movie on a cruise ship one day when I was bored. I couldn't believe how lazy the writing was - it was more like a bad TV sitcom than a full production movie. Predictability is normal in a romantic comedy but a good one has good chemistry between the leads and is funny. This one is NOT funny - nearly all attempts at humor failed. The audience I saw it with were quiet the I saw this movie on a cruise ship one day when I was bored. I couldn't believe how lazy the writing was - it was more like a bad TV sitcom than a full production movie. Predictability is normal in a romantic comedy but a good one has good chemistry between the leads and is funny. This one is NOT funny - nearly all attempts at humor failed. The audience I saw it with were quiet the entire time. Expand
  4. ChadS
    Jan 31, 2010
    It isn't 1953 anymore, the year William Wyler's "Roman Holiday" hit the silver screen, when women, many of them without careers, could fly to Italy for romance and adventure. Beth(Kristen Bell), a working woman, a single woman, doesn't have the luxury of taking a two-week vacation. She's busy, in demand, but her boss reluctantly gives this curator for the Guggenheim It isn't 1953 anymore, the year William Wyler's "Roman Holiday" hit the silver screen, when women, many of them without careers, could fly to Italy for romance and adventure. Beth(Kristen Bell), a working woman, a single woman, doesn't have the luxury of taking a two-week vacation. She's busy, in demand, but her boss reluctantly gives this curator for the Guggenheim Museum two days to attend her sister's wedding, much to the detriment of "When in Rome". At first, the film's sudden shift back to American soil jars, since the title evokes memories of Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn on a scooter, then disappoints, as the fallout from Beth's theivery at the Fountain of Love, one suspects, had a better chance of working in a romantic locale such as Rome. As it stands, the story labors under the pretense of serendipity, in which Beth's potential suitors had known that their match-made-in-heaven was waiting for them in New York. Not counting Nick(Josh Dushamel), the moviegoer has to suffer through not one, or two, but three "meet-cutes". Too bad Beth wasn't unemployed so she could ward off her spellbound admirers in a setting where their persistence for romance seems less like stalking. "When in Rome" contains scenes that remind the moviegoer of decidedly urbane movies such as "The Silence of the Lambs"(actually the bit in the restaurant is quite funny) and "Dressed to Kill", cinematic evocations that are counterproductive to the light comic tone of Italian farce which the filmmaker doesn't quite pull off. Expand
  5. Aug 27, 2010
    This movie is poorly put together and just kind of weird. Worst of all, the jokes are not funny. There is not really even a good plot or character development. My wife and I paid $1 to see this from Redbox and I still feel ripped off. See a good movie instead of this boring piece of crap.
  6. Sep 23, 2010
    Not worth the time. It's true that probably the only good romantic comedy i've seen in the past couple of years was 500 Days of Summer, and this genre keeps setting the bar lower and lower, but still, you expect more than this dull, humorless movie. The so-called jokes (i don't consider falling or being hit by something a joke) are not funny, the lines are naive and the story is uninteresting.
  7. Jan 2, 2011
    For a film with a cast so rife with comedic talent, this is painfully unfunny. Bell's charm is the only redeeming factor here, but it is not even remotely enough to make this watchable.
  8. Oct 10, 2011
    someone should ban this type of films because it only hurts the intellect of the people, these films are an aberration to the true stories of love, this movies is just .... bad
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    When In Rome is a cheesy, cliched and poorly acted film that mainly relies on predictable and annoying romantic-comedy cliches than originality.
  10. Aug 24, 2012
    It wasn't totally awful and it doesn't disguise itself from what it is. The cliched rom-com doesn't really get made anymore and I can see why. It doesn't work. With comedies like The Hangover and The 40 Year-Old Virgin dominating the landscape, romantic comedies don't hold a place in the market. Also, the story in general is beyond moronic.
  11. Dec 8, 2012
    I watched this a second time and I have no idea what I saw in it the first time. Not only was the story so-so, but it wasn't even told well. The pacing was horrible! I felt like the two main characters met, then they were instantly in love, and then there was immediate conflict. Also, the supporting cast is exhausting and annoying. I hate Jon Heder! While I'll admit I liked this film theI watched this a second time and I have no idea what I saw in it the first time. Not only was the story so-so, but it wasn't even told well. The pacing was horrible! I felt like the two main characters met, then they were instantly in love, and then there was immediate conflict. Also, the supporting cast is exhausting and annoying. I hate Jon Heder! While I'll admit I liked this film the first time, it did not deliver at all the second time. Expand
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    Walt disney deja peliculas bonitas pero al mismo tiempo ridiculas y mal hechas como esta..............................................................

1. Entertaining, full of laughs and, as far as chick flicks go, is a sweet, romantic trip worth taking for audiences so inclined.
    Bell, a petite, pretty blonde, may or may not have the Meg Ryan-Julia Roberts-Sandra Bullock goods. When in Rome, a leaden variation on that rom-com recipe, fails utterly to make her case.
  3. Certain scenes in When in Rome signify nothing less than the death of screen slapstick, but I’m hoping it’s one of those fake-out movie deaths where it’s not really dead, not forever.