When in Rome

4.9

1. RickA
    Feb 7, 2010
    You know this is what movie making was like back in the day when morality was considered an important part in the making of a film. I for one have an appreciation for good clean fun and this was fun and humorous with out profanity or nudity, wow, what a surprise. I do not care much for the degradation of humanity by morally destructive movie making and that is why I find this a refreshing You know this is what movie making was like back in the day when morality was considered an important part in the making of a film. I for one have an appreciation for good clean fun and this was fun and humorous with out profanity or nudity, wow, what a surprise. I do not care much for the degradation of humanity by morally destructive movie making and that is why I find this a refreshing change. It appears that the critics that viewed this movie care only for movies that are morally disgusting or violent n their entertainment, maybe they would have liked it better if it had a lot of profane language and a lot of full frontal nudity or incest, Do not get me wrong this is no Gone With The Wind academy award winning love story, but it was cute and fun to watch purely for the entertainment value. Expand
  2. BekaB
    Feb 6, 2010
    I thought this was a great movie. it was feel good, funny, just what it is supposed to be. it's not meant to be deep or unpredictable. loved it - great escape movie. don't listen to the critics.
  3. SamS
    Feb 28, 2010
    Why do critics always hate romantic comedies? Is it because their own lives are humorless and without love? Kristen Bell is adorable and her enjoyable personality made it worth seeing the whole movie.
  4. ZoltronK
    Jan 31, 2010
    I liked it. It was a good romantic-comedy and a great date movie.
  5. jennysurfer
    Jan 31, 2010
    Perfect chick flick for a night out with the ladies!!! Loved the craziness and has a different story line then others of it's kind. Truly unique!!
  6. Jan 27, 2012
    I loved it! and I disagree with this movie's critics...in generall I will never understand most of the critics (especially the ones of Rotten Tomatoes!) . For example, critics often give many starts to comedies that are gruesome, raw and abbuse of sexual imagery (e.g There's Is Something About Mary) while they disregard romantic comedies. 'When in Rome' is engaging, sweet, yet a coolI loved it! and I disagree with this movie's critics...in generall I will never understand most of the critics (especially the ones of Rotten Tomatoes!) . For example, critics often give many starts to comedies that are gruesome, raw and abbuse of sexual imagery (e.g There's Is Something About Mary) while they disregard romantic comedies. 'When in Rome' is engaging, sweet, yet a cool movie. It never gets tacky or overly emotional/corney. Seeing this movie was like a refreshing breeze! . If you are trying to find realism in comedies, you are not always going to find it and you may get disappointed with this. The purpose of a comedy is making you laugh, and in order to do so, the resources that producers/directors/writers use are very diverse and those may include 'fairy tale' sort of fantasy! At the end,what is important is that you enjoy it . The plot of this movie is a bit 'Disney-like' so even your children-in you have them- may enjoy it. But remember, this movie is not there to teach you anything, nor is it there to be trascendental, for is just a comedy; thus, is just about having a good time. So watch it with an open mind and an open heart...and forget about critics (their opinions are, after all, subjective) and remember, just because it is romantic it doesn't mean is bad!!! Finally, if you see it positively come and share it here! The movie needs it! Expand
  7. Sep 28, 2010
    There is no doubt When In Rome is a decent film to just spend the time and have a few laughs, but it doesn't bring anything truly new to the table. Kristen Bell has potential as an actress, I just don't think she fits in comedy. Same thing for Josh, he is more like the action hero kind of guy, but props to him because I thought he was going to do bad in this film, but he did good.
  8. Sep 28, 2010
    One of the few movies that start badly and then just go uphill and keep improving. good for a couple of laughs and just overall extremely fun to watch. i normally hate kristen bell, but even she couldn't drag down this great film. loved it.
  9. Dec 11, 2011
    FUN, FUN, FUNNY i liked this movie a lot i have seen better films but it had a few laughs i wish they made more romantic comedies that aren't rude like this one
  10. Aug 5, 2015
    Really fun and exciting movie. Kristen Bell has such an endearing personality which really made the plot move along. Josh Duhamel is also really hot, and they make a perfect couple! I am amazed that the critics didn't like it because I thought it was really creative and comedic.

1. Entertaining, full of laughs and, as far as chick flicks go, is a sweet, romantic trip worth taking for audiences so inclined.
    Bell, a petite, pretty blonde, may or may not have the Meg Ryan-Julia Roberts-Sandra Bullock goods. When in Rome, a leaden variation on that rom-com recipe, fails utterly to make her case.
  3. Certain scenes in When in Rome signify nothing less than the death of screen slapstick, but I’m hoping it’s one of those fake-out movie deaths where it’s not really dead, not forever.