tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Dec 20, 2013
    Don't listen to the critics reviews. This movie is just a boring, pointless mess. Based on the trailer, the story is about a woman who's husband is violently killed just before Christmas. Afterwards, she finds out that her husband had a brief affair with a stripper and the woman goes on a quest to find herself and more about the husband she thought she knew. If that had been the movie,Don't listen to the critics reviews. This movie is just a boring, pointless mess. Based on the trailer, the story is about a woman who's husband is violently killed just before Christmas. Afterwards, she finds out that her husband had a brief affair with a stripper and the woman goes on a quest to find herself and more about the husband she thought she knew. If that had been the movie, then we might have something. Unfortunately, the remainder of the film is simply a series of segments where the woman indulges in extreme behavior (like excessive shopping, drugs, and sex parties) for no real reason other than they're just things most upscale family women don't do.

The story with the stripper ultimately goes nowhere and, as far as I can tell, the woman learns nothing from her experiences. Or if she does, it's not revealed to us, the audience. The comedy is fairly obvious, and what little does land is nothing to write home about. Also, we're treated to literally about 15 minutes (cumulatively) of the entire reading of Night Before Christmas, old Christmas cartoons, and one entire Christmas hymn with three verses. There was nothing absolutely horrible about the movie, but there was also nothing redeeming about it. Nothing to take away from it, nothing to learn, and no reason to really care about the main character.

Overall, White Reindeer left me out in the cold Which is a better joke that what you'll get in this film. It's unrealistic, flat, uninteresting, not funny, and a tad pretentious. Skip this one for something more cheerful and better written.
  2. Dec 14, 2013
    It's not like any other Christmas film I've ever seen. I was expecting black comedy but this one was just bleak throughout.. Perhaps the jokes were so subtle I didn't realize they were supposed to be funny. After a tragedy near the holidays, the eerily isolated main character makes a series of bad decisions. Suzanne's character isn't really developed. She is just sent reeling fromIt's not like any other Christmas film I've ever seen. I was expecting black comedy but this one was just bleak throughout.. Perhaps the jokes were so subtle I didn't realize they were supposed to be funny. After a tragedy near the holidays, the eerily isolated main character makes a series of bad decisions. Suzanne's character isn't really developed. She is just sent reeling from one blow after another, reacting to each new humiliation. If you really hate the Christmas season, this movie might compliment your mood. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Lewis
    Dec 20, 2013
    Every time it threatens to devolve into sentimentality or cynicism, someone is there to take the reins.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Keough
    Dec 19, 2013
    Writer-director Zach Clark doesn’t rise much above that level of subtlety in his lampoon of the phony goodwill and soulless commercialism of the Yuletide season. Luckily, he has a cast that elevates the puerility into genuine pathos and absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Dec 19, 2013
    Writer-director Clark's commitment to a deadpan vibe of crisp comic kink amid eccentric, left-turn sorrow can sometimes feel condescending. But within this not-so-jolly trip into the detailed recesses of simmering suburban emptiness, Hollyman takes this woman's barely controlled dignity on a quietly brave, revealing ride.