7.8

1. BrigitteN.
    Oct 13, 2007
    This movie was wonderfully done. I struggle with enjoying Tyler Perry's movies because unfairly I compare them to his plays. I was supringsly excited and laughing throughout the entire movie. My fiance' and I had a wonderful evening together ( in more ways then one). Thanks to "Why did I get married?"
  2. ALewis
    Nov 19, 2007
    This movie was great. It helped my husband and I look at a deeper meaning in marriage. The point of his films is the message people get from viewing it. Some people who rate it low are very shallow people and are probably very bitter people. You need a hug.
  3. DreJ.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Tyler is highly talented, it must be the critics who do not understand him. Because his audience fully supports, Black Love, empowerment, and change! Hollywood take note, black audiences will flock to see positive images. I will support anything he puts out, just for that matter, and on top of al of that, he is hilariously crazy! I love him, love his work, my wedding anniversary is thai Tyler is highly talented, it must be the critics who do not understand him. Because his audience fully supports, Black Love, empowerment, and change! Hollywood take note, black audiences will flock to see positive images. I will support anything he puts out, just for that matter, and on top of al of that, he is hilariously crazy! I love him, love his work, my wedding anniversary is thai week, and that is where we will spend it, in the theatre, supporting Tyler. And asking the question. Expand
  4. VadaD.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Excellent movie. Lots of funny parts and lots of dialog (like the 80/20 rule) that will stay with you. My husband enjoyed it too.
  5. DuaneY.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Perry's best movie to date, human and real.
  6. DonnaN.
    Oct 16, 2007
    I really enjoyed this movie. This is one of his best movies. Tyler has done his thing again. I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.
  7. KendriaE
    Oct 24, 2007
    This is my movie. I really enjoyed watching all of Tyler Perry's plays and movies because there is always something that could be taken and applied to our lives. His movies always have me cracking my side.
  8. MarieG.
    Oct 24, 2007
    The movie was great. It sent a strong message to married couples. However, I feel too much profanity was used for the spiritual aspect of it. In reality Christians have troubles, but they have better choices of words - even when arguing.
  9. Rebbeccaj.
    Oct 26, 2007
    The movie was great! This movie was very encouraged and made me to remember, why did we married?. I want to work on making my marriage work.
  10. DivaT.
    Mar 24, 2008
    WOW! I'm not even married and this movie really made me think. This movie is a masterpiece!
  11. ClareH
    Oct 14, 2007
    It's Sunday, I saw this movie last night and I am still thinking about it. I laughed, cried and empathized. It's what life and loving is about, the highs, the lows and the in betweens. The characters represented the people we are, the people we want to be, the people we want in our lives and the things we are thinking but dare not say (Tasha Smith's character). I am still It's Sunday, I saw this movie last night and I am still thinking about it. I laughed, cried and empathized. It's what life and loving is about, the highs, the lows and the in betweens. The characters represented the people we are, the people we want to be, the people we want in our lives and the things we are thinking but dare not say (Tasha Smith's character). I am still savoring my enjoyment of this movie - WOWW!!! Tyler Perry, THANK YOU!!!! God has truly blessed you, and I think HIM for putting this movie in your heart for the rest of us. Expand
  12. YvonneB.
    Oct 14, 2007
    I thought it was hilarious, moving and very truthful. It offered all sides, views and situations. Quit labeling Tyler and really look at the movie. It was well worth the cost and I want to see it again. It took me through a range of emotions all good for the soul.
  13. LindaF.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Great movie!!! Entertaining and funny. I loved it!!
  14. PM.
    Oct 15, 2007
    The movie was very realistic. Marriage does have its problems however, Tyler helped couples to problem solve through honesty. Even though 3 of the 4 couples stayed together, the 80/20% rule helped us see it is not always greenier on the other side. It is better to work with what you have invested in than to marry someone just for their looks. I loved it! It was very thought provoking.
  15. VanessaY.
    Oct 15, 2007
    The most real relationship movie I have ever seem.
  16. ChandraV.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Excellent movie! Crosses all generational, racial, social and economical boundaries. Something for marrried and single moviegoers of all ages.
  17. AdrienneH.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Well done TP. Best work ever. Full of good material. So refreshing to experience a realistic movie that is well worth the expense of a movie ticket. Janet Jackson was outstanding. So happy to know that "Little Penny" has not lost sight of all respectability and grace. I was so moved by her raw talent and could appreciate her ability to be natural. Kodos to the entire cast and particularly Well done TP. Best work ever. Full of good material. So refreshing to experience a realistic movie that is well worth the expense of a movie ticket. Janet Jackson was outstanding. So happy to know that "Little Penny" has not lost sight of all respectability and grace. I was so moved by her raw talent and could appreciate her ability to be natural. Kodos to the entire cast and particularly TP & JJ. Collapse
  18. ShaunM.
    Oct 16, 2007
    It was very impressive movie... it is refreshing to see a movie that does not have all that violence in.
  19. DontaeC.
    Oct 18, 2007
  20. DontaeC.
  21. Joy
    Oct 14, 2007
    Janet and Jill definitely get my vote for Oscars! Outstanding cast, very strong performances from all. I laughed, cried, had a wonderful time, and LEARNED something! Mr. Perry is truly talented and will continue to bless audiences for many, many years.
  22. KatriceG.
    Oct 13, 2007
    This movie was excellent A must see. This Is Tyler Perry's best movie Thus far. All the characters were great their chemistry was great so this movie is a ten.
  23. TW
    Everyone should go!!!
  24. FranJ.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Very realistic & funny. Enjoyed it better than I thought it would be.... Great Job Tyler, you've done it again.
  25. sherice
    Oct 13, 2007
    I love this movie. I can relate to tasha smith. I'm just like her. The movie is very entertaining, it's a must see.
  26. AndieJ.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Tyler Perry has done it again!! I love to see positive portrayals of Black people for a change. It would be great if we could see this in other movies. But until Hollywood recognizes this, I guess we'll have to keep applauding MR. PERRY for taking up the slack. Thank you Tyler!!!
  27. ThayerW.
    Oct 14, 2007
    This one should get an award!!
  28. RooseveltH
    Oct 14, 2007
    This is a feel good movie! Married or not a great lesson to learn for all!
  29. CaritaJ.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Tyler never ceases to amaze the US and the naysayers and does it ONCE again. This is his best ever!
  30. Beverly.
    Oct 15, 2007
    A more realistic view of what married couples deal with. This is Tyler Perry's best film yet. You will laugh, cry and literally join the characters.
  31. VonitaW.
    Oct 15, 2007
    From start to finish the movie kept my attention. Funny, sad and real life issues
  32. CharlotteC.
    Oct 15, 2007
    This movie is awesome. A must see.
  33. KellyR.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Well done. Funny, dramatic, very thoughtful and ultimately leaves one hopeful about love and life.
  34. TrishaP
    Apr 29, 2008
    I loved this Movie. Tyler Perry is awesome.
  35. DontaeC.
    Jun 14, 2008
  36. Jul 9, 2012
    This movie is for people who like hardcore drama movies. If you don't like drama then don't watch it. Its that simple! This movie is very well written with a serious, and realistic plot that delivers. This movie demonstrates why Tyler Perry is so wealthy...BECAUSE HIS MOVIES ARE ART! This movie is heart-wrenching, realistic, entertaining, and humorous! The ONLY movies that can make me cryThis movie is for people who like hardcore drama movies. If you don't like drama then don't watch it. Its that simple! This movie is very well written with a serious, and realistic plot that delivers. This movie demonstrates why Tyler Perry is so wealthy...BECAUSE HIS MOVIES ARE ART! This movie is heart-wrenching, realistic, entertaining, and humorous! The ONLY movies that can make me cry are Lion King and Tyler Perry films, and this is one of them. I also love Janet in this film, never knew she could act so well! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Patrick Huguenin
    The problems are real; the solutions are ... well, really entertaining. Perry mixes heartfelt drama with bold-stroke, insult-slinging comedy.
  2. As has been previously demonstrated in the hugely successful Perry's stage, television and big-screen works, subtlety and tonal consistency are not his strong suits. Here, the mostly broadly drawn characters and situations on display quickly prove grating, with the film veering awkwardly between broad comedy and melodrama.
  3. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Though fans might miss Perry's genre-exploding daring, the excellent cast injects enough pathos and zing to keep picture percolating.