8.6

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Genuinely can't believe the average user rating for this movie. In this case, the critics are totally right. It's a terrible movie from start to finish. Terrible acting, horrendous plot and no humour whatsoever. This kind of movie should come with a warning.
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    After seeing Wild Target, I checked the reviews to see who had similar takes on it and ... found that they were, at best, mildly positive about this movie, and way downhill from there. I saw this on Netflix, now a marginal source of decent content. Wild Target is not just "good enough" or even just good. It's a great mildly noir farce. Nighy is fabulous as a repressed hit man. Through his hilarious little facial expressions, we see him trying to bust out. The gorgeous Blunt, with her bedroom eyes, keeps us laughing while she enchants us, even if her character is occasionally overly silly (think gas station mini-mart scene). And Nighy's Mum's mordant delivery will have you howling. The plot is plenty good enough and we gladly give it some license. Even the score is just right and contributes seamlessly to the mood. This movie is grossly underrated. Don't hesitate. It delivers. Expand
  3. Jan 12, 2012
    Yet another case of the critics being completely out of touch with reality. Like the modern art aficionados who think 'a fork in a lemon' is profound and worth shilling out a million pounds for, most movie critics have completely lost the plot. This is a charming and hilariously entertaining film, the cast are excellent and it makes enough sense to not bug me.
  4. Nov 4, 2011
    Critics should not be allowed to write reviews for comedies, because they seem to get so caught up in the elements of a great drama film that they apply the same rules to a comedy. This is one of the funniest movies I've seen in recent years, mostly because of the quirky acting by all of the leads. I highly recommend it to anyone fond of smart British humor.
  5. Oct 22, 2011
    I really enjoyed this movie. It was funny, had action and a great cast. The three leads are truly excellent, they play off each other nicely. It was slow at a few points and then rushed in other areas. If you like dark British humor, than you will probably love this.
  6. Jun 16, 2011
    I really like this movie i don't know what is wrong with the critics... I have a really good laugh in several parts of the movie, the acting is really great... This movie is far better than most of the American comedies so i highly recommend it...
  7. Apr 9, 2011
    One of the best comedy films I've ever seen. This is exactly the reason why I do not trust the CRITICS anymore. What they can be RUBBISH as in this case. I'd recommend this to friends in a heartbeat.
  8. Feb 26, 2011
    I agree with JosJos and GRubi. These critics are laughable at times. Perhaps they rated it so low because this is not your typical American comedy movies like The Hangover and such. Obviously this is a different kind of comedy then The Hangover. But it's just as good as The Hangover. This a solid movie for anyone who wants call their friends over and share a good laugh. I don't typically watch English movies but if this movie is anything to go by, then I'm pretty impressed. Expand
  9. Dec 10, 2010
    The critics are so off base here, it caused me to sign up for an account with Metacritic and write my own review. I have been reading Metacritic for about two years and have never done this. Anyway, as I said, the critics are beyond wrong here. The three leads are hysterical. Nighy and Blunt are always good, but the big surprise is definitely Grint, who has great timing. The writing is inspired (with the exception of one scene where Nighy is talking to Grint in the bathtub, which does not fit in with the rest of the movie; hence the 9 instead of 10). As JosJos said, the supporting players are great too. I work at a movie theater that shows mostly limited release films. We were the only place in town showing this movie and despite no advertising whatsoever, the theater was close to full. Not to mention that the audience was laughing their asses off. Expand
  10. Nov 30, 2010
    What is wrong with all these critics? This movie is hilarious! Terrific acting and very funny plot. Don't believe any of them. Bill Nighy is at his best as the emotionally repressed hit man, Maynard; Emily Blunt is so naughty; Rupert Grint very natural, very funny. The lesser roles -- Eileen Atkins as Maynard's murderous mum; Martin Freeman as Maynard's rival/nemesis, Dixon; Rupert Everett as the crooked art collector -- stand up to the leads. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Steven Rea
    Nov 18, 2010
    Wild Target is the sort of farce where nothing, essentially, is at stake, even as cars crash (including an original Mini Cooper), bullets rip, and knives get hurled with deadly velocity.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Oct 29, 2010
    Described in the film's production notes as a "classic French comedy" – although I've never heard of it – and perhaps this is the core problem. French farce doesn't mix well with English gooniness.
  3. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Oct 29, 2010
    An eccentric little comic thriller filled with enough laughs that I was mostly willing to overlook the fact that it makes virtually no sense as a thriller.