6.4

1. JohnC.
    Oct 12, 2003
    This movie is just impossible to watch if you have any fondness for pets. There is one scene with a cat that is so horrifyingly sad that I popped out the DVD and had I bought it would've gladly snapped it in half. I watched the original and although technically inferior it was watchable - not just insanely, relentlessly morbid. There is absolutely no joy or light in this movie just This movie is just impossible to watch if you have any fondness for pets. There is one scene with a cat that is so horrifyingly sad that I popped out the DVD and had I bought it would've gladly snapped it in half. I watched the original and although technically inferior it was watchable - not just insanely, relentlessly morbid. There is absolutely no joy or light in this movie just 90 minutes of grief, death, loss and pain! Disclaimer - I didn't watch the whole thing but the theme was just getting darker and darker. Collapse
  2. BillyO.
    Nov 3, 2003
    Nothing happens. A mentally ill man falls in love with a rat, it gets killed, and he kills other rats. All of the rat killing was pretty sadistic and disgusting. There was really no point to this movie. Do yourself a favor, watch something else.
  3. EdM.
    Oct 7, 2003
    This movie sucked ass. Nothing was cool about it. NOTHING. I wanted to leave 20 minutes in. The story was predictable and boring. The acting and dialogue sucked. Save yourself the misery and skip this load of crap.
  4. MichaelC.
    Aug 19, 2003
    I hated this movie. Hated it!! It was SOOO boring. I'd rather have thumbtacks shoved in my eyes and be hit in the groin with a crowbar than ever sit through this piece of trash again! Story: awful! Dialog: awful! Acting: awful! Everything: awful! Crispin Glover didn't even come close to making you think he was a demented nut. He needs to learn how to act right after he learns I hated this movie. Hated it!! It was SOOO boring. I'd rather have thumbtacks shoved in my eyes and be hit in the groin with a crowbar than ever sit through this piece of trash again! Story: awful! Dialog: awful! Acting: awful! Everything: awful! Crispin Glover didn't even come close to making you think he was a demented nut. He needs to learn how to act right after he learns how to not have sex with other men. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Strictly for the birds.
  2. Simply twiddling with the fine-tuning on the central character is not enough to warrant remaking a film. Both Glover and Willard deserve better.
    There is real wit in Glover's performance. And wit, too, in R. Lee Ermey's performance as the boss, which draws heavily on Ermey's real-life experience as a drill sergeant.