Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: March 12, 1999
4.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 44 Ratings
WATCH NOW
SamMay 6, 2006
I'm not surprised the movie was critically panned. But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy myself.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
JB.Aug 11, 2006
It really saddens me to see this film here. Let me break it down: the settings and scenery and especially the Kilrathi (cat-people) costumes were clearly produced on a low budget. That's the bad part. The good part? The acting, which It really saddens me to see this film here. Let me break it down: the settings and scenery and especially the Kilrathi (cat-people) costumes were clearly produced on a low budget. That's the bad part. The good part? The acting, which was solid the entire way through. It's really not that bad a film, but perhaps one needs to see really bad films to realize that. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
KadeemluvmusicJan 31, 2017
I haven't seen it, but Wing Commander does have a reputation of being one of the worst video game movies Hollywood has crapped on. However, I have to lay low for a minute because I think it's a awfully but decently good bad movie. WingI haven't seen it, but Wing Commander does have a reputation of being one of the worst video game movies Hollywood has crapped on. However, I have to lay low for a minute because I think it's a awfully but decently good bad movie. Wing Commander was everything full of awful in this so-called science fiction movie. The special effects are barely hard to watch, the pacing of the film just completely off the ground up, and although both Freddie Prinze Jr. And Matthew Lillard (both from Scooby-Doo) tried everything they can to make this movie more or less like a autopilot rerun of Battlestar Galactica. But still the acting is bad and the movie is completely forgotten, but as a fan of terrible b-movies of the 90's, maybe I'll give it a shot by renting this dumbload. Expand
SimpsonFansSep 19, 2016
The script too often sounds like an encrypted communique itself, and it's tiring trying to keep all the nonsensical space-jargon straight. The effort is more demanding than hanging onto a joystick, and not entirely worth the effort.
Tiber5Jan 14, 2017