5.5

1. Jun 2, 2014
    I loved it! The storyline the actors and their playing .. everything fits in and I can't understand critics who high-rate X-Men but down-rate Winters Tale because its not realistic or logic enough? Can u explain? I cannot. Winter's tale is a beautiful movie for the whole family and shows that critics aren't everything.

Btw.. X-Men is great too :>
  2. Aug 15, 2014
    There's no reason for this movie to have all those horrible reviews. It had beautiful writing, a cute twist in the end, and the whole good vs evil/devils vs angels thing was great. If you like to think of the possibilities in life, and like the idea of destiny you will enjoy this I'm sure.
  3. Jul 29, 2014
    I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started watching "Winter's Tale". It completely surprised me in the most positive way. I loved the visuals and the soundtrack. The acting, I thought, was engaging and fantastically matched the tone of the film.
    I completely lost myself in the universe that the director has created. While watching it, you have to be prepared to challenge yourself and open your heart to possibility of magic being around you, even in the same room as you. Believing that we are all in fact connected to one other is a scary concept and hard to understand. Not everyone will be willing to accept it, but the ones that do, will not regret it.
    It makes me sad, however, that films about love, fate and miracles, films that leave the reality as we know it, behind, are nowadays considered silly and ridiculous. It makes me sad because they are being disregarded as unimportant, when that is completely not the case. I feel compelled to forget about cynicism and disbelief, and for a moment believe in true love, that in our most beloved reality does not happen very often...Dismissing the idea of magic in its simplest form, love, is easy, believing in it, is harder and requires hell of a lot more courage.
    T.
  4. Mar 10, 2014
    Nice, heart-warming movie. Slow, anti-climatic, but soothing with mesmerizing music. Authentic, historic feel to the setting. Good acting by some big names.
  5. Feb 18, 2014
    Perhaps I went into the theatre prepared to love it. But I truly did love this movie. The book is one of my favorites, and this is not the book, but it does have plenty of moments of its enchantment. I don't think you will like or even be able to follow this movie, or accept it in any way, without having read the book. You have to have a certain understanding, and acceptance, I think.
  6. Oct 22, 2014
    If you are well educated in the realm of mythology and don't HAVE to have the laws of a mystical system explained to you like a ten year old then this movie will definitely appeal to you. With an all star cast this movie was all I expected and more. Honestly, I went to see this movie based on the advice of one of my very favorite writers, Neil Gaiman, and was not disappointed in theIf you are well educated in the realm of mythology and don't HAVE to have the laws of a mystical system explained to you like a ten year old then this movie will definitely appeal to you. With an all star cast this movie was all I expected and more. Honestly, I went to see this movie based on the advice of one of my very favorite writers, Neil Gaiman, and was not disappointed in the least. It's sad to find out the movie did so poorly at the box office. Unfortunately, main stream movie goers won't have the patience or intellect to enjoy this film. As such, it is destined to become a cult classic if the few of us who appreciated it manage to tell our friends and family. Expand
  7. Jan 6, 2015
    I'm honestly not quite sure what people were expecting when they watched this movie and as a result gave it such poor ratings. I had never read the book, so I had no expectations. Thus, I found the film wonderful. It was a fantastic movie of a modern fairy tale with magic and slight thread of good versus evil.
    None of the performances felt forced, even if Crowe's Pearly Soames chewed the
    None of the performances felt forced, even if Crowe's Pearly Soames chewed the scenery a bit, I think that was part of the charm to have a villain that's a bit over the top.
    I loved the mythology presented, and the simple ways it interacts with the characters. It's not overpowering or intrusive, it's just part of the story, the fabric of the tapestry they are all in.
    Lighten up, folks. It was a good movie. Just enjoy it.

1. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Feb 26, 2014
    The whole thing is so roaringly absurd, and delivered with such hands-clasped sincerity, that the only rational response is to laugh the house down.
  2. Reviewed by: Ian Freer
    Feb 17, 2014
    Corny and shakily plotted, it's a disappointing directorial debut from Goldsman.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Feb 14, 2014
    On a purely narrative level, Winter's Tale missteps early and often. Its earnestness is its downfall, resulting in opportunities for unintentional humor.