5.0

1. Apr 24, 2012
    The search for Kari's daughter in Woman Thou Art Loosed doesn't relate to exorcising Kari's inner demons. Kari and her husband don't play enough of an active role in finding their daughter; they're just bystanders in their own movie. The lighting design is entirely too bright for a thriller, lacking the proper dark, foreboding atmosphere for a world of duplicitous characters, and theThe search for Kari's daughter in Woman Thou Art Loosed doesn't relate to exorcising Kari's inner demons. Kari and her husband don't play enough of an active role in finding their daughter; they're just bystanders in their own movie. The lighting design is entirely too bright for a thriller, lacking the proper dark, foreboding atmosphere for a world of duplicitous characters, and the editing calls attention to itself for no reason and to no effect. Full review on my blog. Expand
  2. May 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story line was good, But Why all of the profanity? The reason I went to see the movie in the first place was because I didn't think there would be any profanity since Bishop Jakes was in the movie.
    I must say I was so disappointed. The husband & wife in the movie used profanity throughout the whole movie. I felt cheated because I did not go to be entertained by such inappropriate language.
    My question is, what happened to the clean & wholesome movies of long ago? Will we ever get back to good family movies that are appropriate for even children to watch at the movies? I would not take my child to see that movie because of the profanity, and will think twice about taking myself to see another TD Jakes movie. You know, that movie would have been just as interesting without all of that terrible language.

-Disappointed

1. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Apr 15, 2012
    It's a good thing that forgiveness is a predominant theme of Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day, because viewers will have to look deep into their hearts to forgive this kidnapping drama for its heavy-handed melodrama and tawdry plot elements.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Apr 13, 2012
    "Woman" is in essence an earnestly competent, slightly overcooked B-movie potboiler, with ideas of faith occasionally added to frame the story as parable.
  3. Reviewed by: V.A. Musetto
    Apr 13, 2012
    Features some good acting, but most of it doesn't ring true.