8.5

1. Apr 18, 2014
    This was silly Epic! I was surprised to find myself loving everything about it. It`s great in every way. It`s funny and has a good message. The characters are easy to like and root for.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    Spearheaded by pristine animation, an intricate story, and a talented vocal cast, Disney Animation's love letter to video games proves to be both affecting and amusing.
  3. Dec 2, 2012
    Disney has a hit on it's hands. A strong story with lovable characters as well as a hilarious look into the world of video games makes the movie original and fun. Easily the best animated film of the year. A must see for any gamer out there.
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Fantastic movie. I feel like this movie had a lil' something for everybody. For the gamer there were flashbacks to great games of the past (as well as little hidden nuggets that only gamers could pick up on), It also had a well thought out plot with thoughtful moments that pulled at your heartstrings. It was also very funny; I found myself laughing out loud numerous times. And last but not least, it even had a great twist that most viewers most likely did not see coming. All in all, Wreck-It-Ralph is a movie for people of all ages. Go see it today! Expand
  5. Dec 5, 2012
    Saw it in theaters, in 3D, loved it. Smart, funny, touching, different...W-I R was a great experience. I really like seeing Disney making great movies again.
  6. Dec 8, 2012
    Very good movie. The voice acting was great, and the animation/art style was quite impressive. There are only two minor annoyances - the change in pacing made the second half of the movie take a little bit of time to get used to (although you do eventually warm up to it), and I wasn't too fond of the bathroom humor.
  7. Feb 10, 2013
    Inspired writing elevates this ingenious and delightful toon high above many of the more recent anaemic offerings. The visuals and design aspect of the animation is truly innovative. Eye poppingly imaginative in its colour and beauty and there are some great gags and one liners that will appeal to adults whilst the kids get caught up in the technical wizardry of the computer game worlds. John C Reilly provides a perfect fit for the voice of Ralph and Jane Lynch matches him all the way as the take no prisoners Sgt Calhoun. It is also refreshing to have a surprise villain hijack the picture at the end. In most animated films the villains are usually obviously presented or signposted well in advance. Expand
  8. Dec 20, 2012
    Wreck-It Ralph is an original feel good movie sure to please audiences of any age.
  9. Apr 26, 2013
    It's great to see Disney release another quality film that is of their Toy Story standards, and this was definitley one of them! It's such a creative concept that not only kids will love but big kids at heart that grew up with arcade games. They certainly knew how to hit their target audience and with likable characters like Ralph, Felix & Vanellope and a surprise villain this film pretty much had everything to be the success that it was. Overall a must-see for Disney fans out there! Expand
  10. Dec 25, 2012
    If there's one word to describe this, it's original. Funny, sassy and incredibly clever. Best Disney movie in a long time, if not ever. In the beginning the concept is hard to grasp, but along the way, the characters explain it rather enjoyably. Wreck-it Ralph is a symbol of what it is in the arcade: here for a long time to come, even as other films come and go.
  11. Dec 27, 2012
    This movie was okay, but I don't know why everyone loves it so much. The storyline was fine, but pretty predictable. It was good for one viewing, but I don't have any desire to watch it again.
  12. Jan 23, 2013
    Nostalgia is key in relation to the enjoyment of this film. If you do not care much for video games or despise them generally--then this is NOT the film for you. The film has a decent amount of content in relation to retro video games, meaning that parents will take notice of how this film could be geared with an adult audience. Thus making parents want to take their children to see it. There was only ever one problem I had with the Wreck-It Ralph, and it was that there doesn't happen to be all that much going on during the film. There are not as many video games outside of the retro introduction and once the introduction has been done--there ends up being a complete lack of anything retro. The film doesn't seem to keep consistent, though other than that...Wreck-It Ralph is a great film and is rather enjoyable if you have at least a minimal knowledge of video games. Expand
  13. Jan 3, 2013
    This film was an instant classic. Though much the film's praise comes from its use of copyrighted characters, the original characters really stand out on their own. Ralph is an interesting antihero who actually has some disagreeable qualities that make him more interesting; the writers did a successful job at making a character like Vanellope actually *endearing* and not just obnoxious, as happens in many other movies with similar characters; and Sgt. Calhoun is unforgettable and reminiscent of Treasure Planet's Captain Amelia. For a kids' movie, the narrative was top-notch. There were no lazy narrative tricks or plot contrivances thrown in -- all of the plot twists and developments are hinted at earlier in the film and make sense in the established "world" of the film, and, as a corollary, everything mentioned earlier in the film has a satisfying payoff later on.

I predicted while walking out of the theater that people would complain about a perceived underutilization of the characters and worlds that Disney got the rights to use. The saying "Give people an inch, and they'll ask for a mile" applies here. I can understand people's desire to see more copyrighted characters and worlds, but the film deserves praise for using those *at all* and doesn't deserve to be docked points for not using them as much as the reviewer wanted. People who expected this movie to be a modern-day "Cartoon All-Stars" were bound to be disappointed, as this movie was always meant to be a Disney film starring original characters flavored by familiar faces and locales. The few worlds that Ralph visits are well-developed and represent a broad array of video game archetypes: His own world (representing classic arcade platformers like the original Donkey Kong); "Hero's Duty" (drawing inspiration from "Halo," "Gears of War," "Mass Effect," and generic arcade FPS games); and "Sugar Rush," inspired by various Japanese kart-racing games. Introducing any more worlds would have made the film seem too rushed; as it is, I felt amazed that they were able to fit as much as they did within the film's runtime.

In all, it's a great film for gamers of any age, especially those of us with fond memories of arcades and 8-bit games.
  14. Jan 5, 2013
    This movie was an absolute blast. Charming animation, lovable characters and above all a story that's totally Disney. It doesn't rely on the gaming characters too much and the story and worlds were great. There were some clever jokes, great ideas and above all some plottwists that I didn't saw coming (Wait, the main antagonist is WHAAAAT?). The 3D is wonderfull too. There are some cliches, but still the best gaming movie of all time. Expand
  15. May 10, 2013
    This movie is one of the most clever, fun-filled, and original movies I have ever seen. There is rarely a dull moment, and it is family friendly but will be a hit for adults as well. This comedy is sure to make you laugh and connect with the characters as you complete this awesome adventure.
  16. Feb 6, 2013
    After a stomping success in the States, this witty retro gaming homage is the first bow in the Disney Animation Studios’ arrow to be as ardent and artistically ballsy as the work from those neighboring Pixar bigwigs.

Read the full review here:
  17. Jan 24, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is not only the best animated movie to come out this year, but it's a heartwarming adventure movie that really is for true video gamers. I love video games, and I have played all the classics like Super Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and even newer games like Call of Duty or Halo, and they all add up to what makes this new film so fantastic. It takes the world of arcade games and shows us the view of the bad guy, who may not be so bad after all. The creators of the game really know what makes Disney Animation the best in the business, because just like a Pixar film, they are able to touch the core in the kid in us and able to give even an adult like me a great time. My only complaint about this film is that although they have many video game characters and worlds, we mostly spend time in a game called Sugar Rush. It's a candy world with a lot of characters that reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake or something, and I just felt like the movie could've explored a lot more games than a candy world. But this is not a big problem, because the movie itself is a great and wonderful time for all ages, and I think this is without a doubt the best video game movie ever made. I loved the story and animation, but the characters are what make Wreck-It Ralph so incredible. I honestly loved every character in the film, even Vanellope von Schweetz who I thought I was going to hate. This movie has a lot of heart and a lot of fun, and you need to see to see it right away. Collapse
  18. Feb 23, 2013
    Completely one of the greatest animated films of all time. It has many funny jokes, sad parts and such a colorful art direction and one of the greatest i have seen in years. Just amazing
  19. Feb 24, 2013
    A very good film that will entertain both the kids and adults. The many video game references are brilliant. It provides the usual vast number of emotions you would expect from a disney film. Although thoruoghly enjoyable and entertaining it does not quite rank up there with the greatest animated disney films. Still definitely worth a watch though.
  20. Feb 6, 2013
    This was a pleasant surprise. Didn't expect much because I always found Disney-produced CGI films somewhere between 'okay' and 'good'. Wreck-It Ralph blew me away with its story and lively setting. It was heartwarming and fun, a combination I look for in these types of movies. I want to see this again.
  21. Dec 26, 2013
    A surprisingly brilliant film, has plenty of both funny and sad parts, as per usual from Disney, and as a gamer the multitude of game references were nice.
  22. Feb 9, 2013
    When I first saw a preview for this film, right away, I knew I wanted to see it. And I was not disappointed in the least. The acting with the characters was genuine because the VAs worked in the same room together as opposed to other animated films where each VA is in a different recording room. I enjoyed how the focus wasn't on mainstream video game characters and how they were only in the film for a maximum of 5-10 minutes. That keeps the attention on the main characters without forcing pop-culture references. The worlds were beautifully well done, even the Fix-It Felix world which was only a penthouse and garbage dump in front of a black backdrop. I wanted to know what would happen to each of the main characters, and each of them received a very fitting ending. The twist at the end was barely predictable (at least for myself and the people I went to go see it with) and, as it is Disney, I was left crying at the appropriate moments. Even the soundtrack was wonderful, I purchased it shortly after seeing the film. This is a rare movie for me in the case that I put in money and effort to see it multiple times. I will definitely be buying the DVD once it comes out and I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Disney, video games or just a good story. Expand
  23. Feb 14, 2013
    Few movies deliver emotional notes on all levels. Even fewer accomplish that while delivering a story based on video game characters living in an arcade game machine. Wreck-It Ralph does all this while appealing to non-gamers and gamers alike. It's a good movie. Go watch it.
  24. Feb 16, 2013
    Are you big on video games? Have you ever watched a movie about video games? If you haven't this movie is for you, it has lots of video game cameos, great story, beautiful animation and just as much fun to watch as playing a video game!
  25. Dec 21, 2013
    At first, just not convincing, but after half hour of movie, he turns, the characters take you, and come on, a happy ending once in a while is always good.
  26. Jul 21, 2013
    This movie is the current generations Toy Story. Is it as good as toy story? No, but this is the best animation of 2012. John C. Reilly is really good as ralph,(who didn't tear up when he was about to die) Sarah Silverman was pretty good, whoever voiced fix-it felix was good, same for king candy. The comedy is really good(most of it provided by king candy). There was a lot of obscure and easy to see references, and the credits had a lot of references too. Kids will love this movie and so will adults. Expand
  27. Mar 2, 2013
    Wreck-it-Ralph is a great movie for anyone and everyone. It is fun for kids. It has classic videogame references (for people to point out to eachother- "ooh look- Pong!"). It has a great story- it actually cuts kinda deep, emotionally, and that is something I have to give props to Disney for. The CGI is great for a non-Pixar CGI film. This movie is the full package that makes an awesome movie- I'm actually surprised that it did not win the Oscar for best animated feature film this year. I bet the sequel will. I cannot WAIT for Wreck it Ralph 2. Expand
  28. Mar 7, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph is a rather fresh and new style of movie. It has the feel of a pixar film, but in a few ways could even be better. I am looking forward to Wreck it Ralph 2 to see what they can come up with next.
  29. Nov 28, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph is easily one of the best animations i have ever seen, the idea behind it is so creative and so beautiful that keeps you in excitement and anticipation the entire time, it's a class A movie with all it's element, from the voices to the story to the picture. and this one deserved the Oscar for best animated film more than Brave by miles.
  30. Mar 10, 2013
    Wreck-it Ralph is the best animated film since Toy Story 3. All the characters in this film help to create a story that could become a very nice franchise.
  31. Dec 27, 2013
    Manichean characters are some typical things in Disney features but in "Wreck-It Ralph" tries to call into question this. Neither good people are so good neither bad people are so bad. "Tangled" is good, "Wreck-It Ralph" is better.
  32. Mar 23, 2013
    I actually expected less, maybe 7/10. But THIS movie is one of the best animated movies of 2013 (in where I live) and of all time. It's so good, I am wondering why people HATE IT?!? I tell you, it's no mixed bag, it's a Pick n Mix.
  33. Apr 13, 2013
    I love a tremendous movie from disney that wasn't a part of Pixar, yet like "Tangled" it captivates the heart just like most Pixar movies. The movie really struck me with it's amazing anamation, along with bringing in some beloved games of our time like "Pac-Man", "Sonic" and even "Mario", (I'm talking about Bowser). But never the less, it took me by surprise. As far as storytelling, it's seems typical, but once you start to go for the ride, your having a blast. Plus, the characters are really interesting and captivate your heart with great voiceovers such as John C. Reily, Jack McBryer, Sarah Silverman and even Jane Lynch. And at the end, you will have had a heart warming experience. Overall, it's a wondorous non Pixar movie. Expand
  34. Apr 9, 2013
    I've never seen such a big, bold, extremely original and intellectually smart film as "Wreck-It Ralph". Truly lovable to its highest peak, it will not leave you unsatisfied! It's the meca of how quality animated films should be made. Trust me, instead of looking for the next action-packed flick, detour for a minute and devour this movie to pieces, just to have all its meaning into you. The greatest animated Pixar movie I've ever seen! Expand
  35. Apr 13, 2013
    this movie ws pretty good much better than i expected but it did have flaws the cast was very good in this i loved john c. riley as ralph and sarah silverman was great to the story was good except i would have liked to have seen more games or worlds visited it did seem to drag on towards the end with the whole sugar rush world but all around pretty good movie
  36. Apr 20, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph was //by far// the most original movie so far. Very emotional (to me) as well. I think it's for children 8-7 and up considering it says "killing" and "I want you dead" or something similar to that. But hey, this is just my honest opinion. I really recommend watching it, if you haven't already.
  37. May 21, 2013
    Best animated movie this year for me. Loved the characters(all of them), very well placed humor, nice 3d effects, and it's super original, therefore it deserved it's place among Oscar's nominee!
  38. May 6, 2013
    Awesome movie. I loved all the references and character cameos from the video games of years past. It was funny, clever and nostalgic. It would be a shame for anyone to miss out on this movie.
  39. May 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's about time a movie based off a video game; or in this case video game based, and I'm very glad that I spent the last of my allowance to see in it in theaters. I think just about everyone can make the connection that this movie is based off the Donkey Kong games from the early years; at least gamers know probably, and I guess that they couldn't get the rights to the characters so they improvised. I'm not entirely sure though. First off, it's about time, that we have a movie that's about video games and doesn't suck. I said it already, but it's so exciting. Enough with the geekgasm, I should start talking about why I like this film. Some of things that stand out in this film are the visuals, they are a joy to look at and have a lot of imagination put into them. Varying from arcade classic theme, dark gritty, and childlike. The characters are good, the main character has reasonable reasons for doing what he's done, the supporting cast are fun. Some have the cute brat charm, while others have the army general type. Story is great too, talking about how it feels to be the bad guy; of course it's circumstantial, but it does get the point across and the main character shows very good development. This is one of my favorite Disney films, and it surprises me in how this wasn't a Pixar production. I guess there's this giant plot hole near the end, but I don't see it as a major problem. I believe this is one of the best Disney films out there, and is certainly a joy to watch. Expand
  40. May 15, 2013
    A great animation of the Disney studios. Ralph is a movie magically colorful and lively with a well done storyline, fantastic scenery and characters and charismatic and funny, making for a fun family film.
  41. May 27, 2013
    Nice idea it straddled the line between appealing to adults and kids quite well until the second act of the movie, where it did slip just a little. I think it's quite interesting how the movie directly referenced popular video games (post modern to the extreme) instead of designing thinly disguised similiar characters from known games it happens but it's still not very common. One day we won't always have to reference Greek mythology or other classic works for people to consider it an interesting comparison. Expand
  42. Jun 20, 2013
    Wreck-it Ralph has become one of my favorite movies of all time! The characters are pretty well developed for a kids movie, the animation is A+ quality, the soundtrack is great, it's very original, and has a great message. The only thing that bothered me was the occasional heavily corny joke, but, the rest of the movie was so amazing that it doesn't really matter that it had some corny jokes.
  43. Jul 4, 2013
    "Wreck-It Ralph" is film that dives into the world of video games (and for a video gaming lover like me, how could I not like this film). "Wreck-It Ralph's beginning is great, I would have given it a 9 or 10 due to the fact that it deals with a fresh, original, and amazing world that is so interesting and fun to watch. However, once "Wreck-It Ralph" deals with its plot, it somewhat doesn't take advantage off its terrific universe. When "Wreck-It Ralph" spent a majority of the film in a game called "Sugar Rush", and I felt that it somewhat weakened the premise of the universe, as after a few minutes you can easily get over the "Sugar Rush" game. "Sugar Rush" was fun and somewhat creative, but the film spent to much time in it, and I felt that this movie could have gone as a chase through many games and expand to their film's universe, but no, it focused on "Sugar Rush". The story on Vanellope is sad (somewhat average), and Ralph's bad guy story gives emotions too, but it's climax is too kid friendly and I thought it could have dove into a much better and stronger conclusion involving the video game universe. Characters other than that are basically comic-relief, except for maybe the villain, but the villain isn't that well written and could have been stronger considering of the several menacing villains in the video game world. If comparing this to Brave, I thought they have the opposite strengths and weaknesses, and both having an "okay" plotline "Brave" has strong characters, but a so-so theme/premise; "Wreck-It Ralph" has so-so characters, an amazing theme/premise, but could have been built on. Expand
  44. Jul 5, 2013
    The 8-bit era is close to the heart of many a gamer, evoking a deep nostalgia for days gone by. Wreck-It Ralph firmly latches on to this sentiment, providing the older members of the audience with just as much to enjoy as the kids.

Disney's business practices aren't always seen in a positive light, but there can be no argument as to the consistency of the films they put out. They have a
    knack for producing stories that live long in the memory of both children and adults alike. This particular movie is no exception and, whilst the plot is far from original in terms of its themes and morals, it's done with such heart that it really doesn't matter. There are lazy genre flicks, but there are also good genre flicks, and this certainly falls into the latter category.

The world itself is realised with great attention to detail. The bright colours and finely detailed environments giving a real sense of how much work has gone into the production. The sights and sounds of the arcade are also integrated into the action with great effect, the mindful application they receive giving the impression that it's not just the audience that has been hit with a dose of nostalgia.

As per usual for Disney, the voice acting is top notch, with stars as diverse as Jane Lynch and Dennis Haysbert lending their expertise to bring the world to life. The characters are also very well conceived, each with their own cross to bear as they live out their lives as jobbing sprites in the local arcade. The art of tempering cuteness with a degree of sadness is where the film really excels, never coming close to the point of being off-putting through being sickly sweetness.

Rounding out the characters is a huge cast of extras taken from a variety of retro gaming sources. Everything from Street Fighter to Sonic, Mario to Q*bert is represented, and it never fails to raise a smile for those who look upon them with fondness. From a marketing perspective, it's a masterstroke. The kids get their serving of fun, but the appeal extends to a whole different generation, drawn in by the promise of a trip down memory lane.
  45. May 25, 2014
    Such a wonderful film i can not believe i did not see this in theaters. Everything from the dialog to the CGI was perfect. One of the best films of 2012 and the movie that iv'e had the most fun watching in 2013 so far. For me it's the best video game related movie ever easily. all the characters all the little references had me laughing from start to finish.

(Ralph)John C. Reilly was
    perfect i don't think they could have picked anyone better for the voice acting. Vanellope(Sarah Silverman) was my favorite character for sure she was so cute and so funny and almost everything she said had me smiling. Felix(Jack McBrayer) was like his every day person well at least how he acts like how he acts in all his movies or t.v. shows a funny but still kinda shy guy still he is great. Calhoun(Jane Lynch) was great and funny but still brutal for her character got to love a woman that can kick some butt =P

Im so glad that i finally watched this movie i had bought it off Playstation network but the blu ray release is soon and i will be buying this on blu ray. Overall i give this movie a solid 8.5 and i will for sure be watching this movie a couple more time this year
  46. Apr 24, 2014
    Wreck-it Ralph is one of the most original, sweet, and funny Disney movies to come out in years. Everything in the movie is colorful and dazzling, and it takes you back to the retro era of video gaming. It's message and heart are the best parts about it.
  47. Oct 27, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph Movie Review

Wreck it Ralph is one of the greatest animated movies that is thrilling, hilarious, creative, and full of emotions. Audiences can understand Ralph’s perspective of feeling like a “nobody.” The story line flows very well and is great for children of all ages. The movie is about a game character who struggles to become a hero by obtaining a medal. Ralph
    strives to become a hero by surviving in another game called “Hero’s Duty.” Although he won the medal, he accidentally brings a “cy-bug” with him which can jeopardize the whole game system. Ralph and Vanellope have explored Candy Land adventures and met an enemy called “King Candy” which then gives a great twist to the story. In my perspective, Wreck it Ralph does not need any improvements since it effectively presents a successful story of Ralph finding his own true meaning of himself and is seen as a hero all along. I think the director of this movie did a wonderful job in creating each scene and making sure it flows smoothly until the very end. Overall, the movie is thrilling and did not fail to entertain the audience and myself.

Literary: The spoken language is completely English and each of the main characters changes through out the film by further exploring their inner personality. The main issue of the movie is that Ralph fails to become a hero since he is always the “bad guy.” Ralph's situation with the cy-bug caused more problems and have jeopardized the game system.. The story was very interesting to me since the plot was well developed and characters had very unique personalities.
    Dramatic: The setting of this movie was very extraordinary. All the features in “Candy Land” were made out of candy and most of these candies were from Willy Wonka Company. The colorful backgrounds and scenery were very impressive and creative.
    Cinematic: In several scenes of the movie, the music flowed very well with the action of the characters. I believe the music is appropriate and fits well with the scenarios. The music is fun, playful, and great for children.
  48. Dec 9, 2013
    This is one of the greatest animated movies that I have ever seen. I would say that it is amazing to a level par to Toy Story. Every character was portrayed well. The plot was exciting and not too predictable. My favorite part, however, was that the characters weren't people. They had their own issues, and the making it relate-able to the human viewers was executed magnificently. The humor was rich and the story decently captivating. Amazing. Expand
  49. Nov 13, 2013
    Oh yeah. This movie is HILARIOUS! If you are a big fan of video games, then you will fall IN LOVE with this movie. I used to think this movie was stupid, then I watched it, and I changed my mind. It's anything but!
  50. Dec 29, 2013
    This movie is my most absolute number 1 favourite disney movie, its cleaver, funny and IT HAS GAME CHARACTERS IN IT! which is brilliant because this title has limitless potential for future sequals, its got something for everyone you could possibly want in a Disney film, I never used to be a huge fan but now I am!
  51. Jan 23, 2014
    An excellent tribute to games that have passed, Ralph features an outstanding voice cast, amazing visuals, and hilarious video game references that will make anyone smile.
  52. Mar 12, 2014
    Let me tell you: I am not a fan of Disney movies at all, but this one right here, is one that just can't be ignored. Wreck It Ralph is one of the most cleverly written and created films ever made by Disney, possibly even further than just Disney.
  53. Mar 15, 2014
    i love wreck it ralph its everything i seen in an animated film but not like this . there should be more violent but still loved it . but sugar rush is for gay girls and boys which i hated in this film
  54. Oct 17, 2014
    I'm a gamer, this movie, just.. oh wow, i'm just waiting for Wreck-it-Ralph 2, those nostalgic video game characters, that storyline, This is the best Disney movie.

Gamers, watch this.
  55. Mar 4, 2014
    The concept and animation is just brilliant. Although the constant cameos and popular references, the occasional over-use of wordplay and a slight lack of emotional connection drag it down slightly, especially when compared to other recent Disney entries, it's still a great family film.
  56. Mar 29, 2014
    The Greatest Video Game movie of all time! I loved it. I thought Disney did a masterful job on this movie! It has a lot of great references to different video games out there like Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Tapper, Super Mario Bros and many others! Of course it's not just the references that make the movie brilliant, I also thought the story was fantastic, it had some good humor and a lot of "heart" to it. I do agree with a lot of people with the whole fact that this movie may have spent a little too much time in the Sugar Rush game; I would've liked it if they would've just explored other different games. Of course I understand that Disney couldn't just pull references out in every nook in cranny probably due to the copyrighting section of their budget. But I love what this films offers, I think that anyone could enjoy this game even if you are not a gamer. It so great to finally see a movie about video games that is actually good, because there are so many video game movies made out there that have been epic fails, but Wreck-It Ralph is a huge exception. Expand
  57. May 10, 2014
    Wreck It Ralph is one of the best movies that Disney's made so far in this century. For me, its somewhere between Frozen and Tangled. Wreck It Ralph is very creative, and will likely appeal to gamers more than anyone else. That's not to say that there isn't something here if you're not a gamer, in fact there's a hell of a lot here to enjoy. There's a lot of heart and fun in the movie, and it delivers a strong message for the kids. Although I enjoy Tangled as a whole more, I think Wreck It Ralph has far superior themes and messages. The relationship between Ralph and Vanellope is really touching and believable. Although the two characters are not related, Wreck It Ralph conveys a much stronger sibling bond than Frozen managed to achieve. Wreck It Ralph is great, and its definitely one of Disney's more underrated films. Expand
  58. May 22, 2014
    I Love Video Games so much! This is one of them. some them I know. Hero's Duty? Good joke for that! HA! Love that Joke! Other jokes like when ralph goes into the chocolate river and does that darth Vader Breath. Nice!!!
  59. Apr 27, 2014
    I have loved John C Reilly ever since I watched Chicago. Now this is the perfect voice role for him, you never have trouble believing that Ralph is exactly how he looks, which is odd. Wreck it Ralph is so unique, the people at Disney are just getting more and more creative. Wish I had their imaginative talent! This is amazing, I loved the way they could travel from game to game via wires, so creative! The characters are lovable and Vanellope is so cute! The fact the movie centres around 3 main game worlds shows how much they have thought about it. Wreck it ralph is kind of neutral ground, Heroes duty is aimed more at the male population and then of course Sugar Rush is aimed more at the female population. That is so clever as regardless if you agree with those stereotypes there will be one world you prefer, but this keeps everyone interested at some point of the movie. Thumbs up! Expand
  60. Aug 9, 2014
    The most miss leading movie of all time. A fairly passionless, pretty dull movie with an unlikable lead character, a clumsier story, poorly written bad guy, bad pacing and it just trying to get fans of video games into chimeras to get cold hard cash which just makes my skin cruel. Trying to distract you from it's gaming references from all the very big problems.
  61. Oct 8, 2014
    Boasted by a clever script, and remarkable performances by John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman, this nostalgic animated excellence could not be any better.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    For me, it never came to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Feb 4, 2013
    A "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the joystick generation that, despite a mid-act dip into generic Disney territory, high-scores on laughs, invention and 8-bit affection.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Jan 21, 2013
    A Disney flick that feels like on-form Pixar, blending knowing humour and sophistication with a large helping of heart. You'll want another go.