6.2

1. JamesH.
    Jul 27, 2006
    It was the perfext way to end a series. I still hope for X4 though.
  2. JaredC.
    May 26, 2006
    Brett "the rat" ratner couldn't of done any better. I mean come on this is the dude who did rush hour 2!For me, it falls in between the first and the second. It was a great movie!
  3. jrd
    May 28, 2006
    This movie is awesome. There really isn't anything more to say about it. What more did you want? 2 hours of boring talking (da vinci code) or more character backstory? Yes, the movie skimps on backstory but that is because there were already 2 movies before it. And yes, it jumps around and has a ton of characters, but so does any xmen story. Essentially, this movie is a lot of fun This movie is awesome. There really isn't anything more to say about it. What more did you want? 2 hours of boring talking (da vinci code) or more character backstory? Yes, the movie skimps on backstory but that is because there were already 2 movies before it. And yes, it jumps around and has a ton of characters, but so does any xmen story. Essentially, this movie is a lot of fun and just as good as X2. The haters obviously were expecting something completely different...which makes me wonder what they possibly could have been thinking when going to see an x-men movie in the first place. Expand
  4. GutierrezL.
    May 30, 2006
    Muy buena.
  5. ScottA.
    Jun 1, 2006
    Best movie I have seen in last few years. Love the storyline and the surprises. Great action sequences too!
  6. ALVARO
    Jun 6, 2006
    Great movie, some characters have not been well developed but for instance wolverine is still wolverine and the movie is still great because is pure entertaining even better than the previous X-Men movies.
  7. SheliaC.
    Jul 4, 2006
    better than superman better than all of them but spiderman 1 and 2.
  8. William
    Oct 11, 2006
    [***SPOILERS***] The movie is not a finale as any who has read the comic (or watched pass the credits know) however for a closer to events in the first two it is a great movie! I liked the fact they went with the more human looking Beast, however I was confused on where Night Crawler went, and why he was not even included in the background of this movie..
  9. MichelleC.
    May 25, 2006
    While this movie started out slightly cheesey, It goes out with a bang. X3 is action packed and, at times, shocking. If you liked the previous two, I have little doubt that this too will be enjoyable.
  10. JonH.
    May 26, 2006
    I thought it was very good. A few parts that were suprising and parts where they didn't follow the comic books at all, but that left for alot of suprises and entertaining twists. I'm giving it a 10 because well I can. :)
  11. AkisK.
    May 27, 2006
    If you like the two other,you will love it!
  12. BobbyH.
    May 27, 2006
    Great action scenes and special effects - which was expected, but the payoff was getting to see all-new X-Men and the hope for anyone who has ever felt like an outsider. They will identify with need to feel special nad accepted. Hugh Jackman is hot as hell, and Vinnie Jones played a fierce brute, playing Juggernaut.
  13. DaveB.
    May 28, 2006
    Let me say that i have been an X-Men geek since the original Dark Phoenix storyline. I have always wanted to see the Fastball Special and i was thrilled to see it at last. That being said if i wanted more character development and emotional attachment to these characters i would read the comics. I wanted to see these dearly loved characters finally cut loose that is what i expected from anLet me say that i have been an X-Men geek since the original Dark Phoenix storyline. I have always wanted to see the Fastball Special and i was thrilled to see it at last. That being said if i wanted more character development and emotional attachment to these characters i would read the comics. I wanted to see these dearly loved characters finally cut loose that is what i expected from an X-Man movie. Lets not give Singer too much credit as he even strayed from the books and that whole Magneto machine plot ending was kind of awkward and cheesy in the first movie. If you want character development read the comics....if you want to see Wolverine get chucked around by Colossus go see this movie. Collapse
  14. BobD.
    Jun 13, 2006
    I love x-men and this thirth film of the serie was so preety good.
  15. MarcL.
    Jun 5, 2006
    this movie is pure entertainment, but be warned: it pushes a really obvious conservative agenda...when watching the film, think of being a "mutant" as being "gay," and it is not so obvious who the "good guys" are anymore...also very silly symbolism regarding the guy with white wings, but the movie can be enjoyed at face value for many funny things happen with the cgi. I hope there is a this movie is pure entertainment, but be warned: it pushes a really obvious conservative agenda...when watching the film, think of being a "mutant" as being "gay," and it is not so obvious who the "good guys" are anymore...also very silly symbolism regarding the guy with white wings, but the movie can be enjoyed at face value for many funny things happen with the cgi. I hope there is a Magneto spin-off in the works, he is the REAL people's hero. Expand
  16. SarahG.
    Jun 6, 2006
    This movie was freakin' awesome!!!!!! i don't know what the hell is the matter w/ the people who thought that it was bad. this movie was pure entertainment and if you wanted to be let down you should have gone to another movie! this is by far a beter movie than any released so far. the x-men movies are the greatest movies created. hugh jackman is so hot!!!!! and wolverine is theThis movie was freakin' awesome!!!!!! i don't know what the hell is the matter w/ the people who thought that it was bad. this movie was pure entertainment and if you wanted to be let down you should have gone to another movie! this is by far a beter movie than any released so far. the x-men movies are the greatest movies created. hugh jackman is so hot!!!!! and wolverine is the coolest mutant! you need to start some kind of medicine if you though that this movie could have been any better than it was! Expand
  17. TonyC.
    Jul 6, 2006
    This movie was great. I definately agree with Shelia, this movie is better than Superman. With action at every turn of the movie, you'll never say that this movie lags. It's difficult to get a well develped story line with so many characters that have to be showcased. None the less, it was still pretty good story line. You need to remember this is a comic book story, so out of This movie was great. I definately agree with Shelia, this movie is better than Superman. With action at every turn of the movie, you'll never say that this movie lags. It's difficult to get a well develped story line with so many characters that have to be showcased. None the less, it was still pretty good story line. You need to remember this is a comic book story, so out of the average occurences are going to happen. Expand
  18. Giovanna
    Jul 6, 2006
    I am a HUGE X-Men fan, I've read the comics and read books for it and everything. Personally, I loved this movie simply because it's X-Men and it was hard for me to be critical towards it. I'm an aspiring movie maker and I know how hard it can be to do something this big and continue where someone left off. Everyone who gives this movie less than a 5 is truly missing the I am a HUGE X-Men fan, I've read the comics and read books for it and everything. Personally, I loved this movie simply because it's X-Men and it was hard for me to be critical towards it. I'm an aspiring movie maker and I know how hard it can be to do something this big and continue where someone left off. Everyone who gives this movie less than a 5 is truly missing the point. There were a lot of things that it was missing but I blame that on the writers and on 20th Century FOX, because they were rushing through it and trying to make it a blockbuster instead of making it thorough. Like its true, the characters forgot completely about Scott...what did happen to Nightcrawler? Why are there all these new mutants when this is supposed to be the end? But if you look past that and judge the movie as is, you'll see that it's fun, exciting and pretty damn good. Brett Ratner is an awesome director the acting was superb the only thing missing was plot wise. The movie didn't have enough, I admitt that...it was all cut so short, but I'm just hoping for the next installment as promised. It was true to a lot of things that are in the comics and some other stuff was purely Hollywood but it was still awesome. Make sure you stick around after the credits too, b/c if you didn't then you missed out on something very important. Expand
  19. PaulK.
    May 24, 2006
    I'm a HUGE fan of the comics and the movies and my expectations were through the roof. Given that, I'd say I was just a hair disappointed. While the action and CGI are top notch(minus parts of the bay bridge and angel's wings), I wanted more character development, especially of the young X-men, like Collosus...he barely said three words and don't even get me started on I'm a HUGE fan of the comics and the movies and my expectations were through the roof. Given that, I'd say I was just a hair disappointed. While the action and CGI are top notch(minus parts of the bay bridge and angel's wings), I wanted more character development, especially of the young X-men, like Collosus...he barely said three words and don't even get me started on the screen time for rogue. Building character arcs for the new X-men is crucial and it's not like there isn't time...with the run time being 104 minutes, X3 could have definitely been a good 20/30 minutes longer.
    [***SPOILERS***] A less frenetic pace would have been more than welcome especially after the mindblowing "house scene" towards the beginning. Oh and I hated the explanation for the Phoenix force...it doesn't have to mimic the comic book, since it would seem out of place in the movies, but a more vague version that resembled the comics would have been better...sheesh. Diehard fans will definitely appreciate the action and the inclusion of lots of cameos and short roles for minor mutants displaying their powers. And one last thing: stay through the entire credits because there's a final snippet that builds towards whatever form X4 will take and you know it's happening despite all the media speculation. It's one of Fox's strongest franchises...I just hope X4 includes at least a few of the New Mutants(X-force), like Cannonball, Havoc, and well of course Cable!
  20. SuleimanM.
    May 26, 2006
    Fantastic, how about you gusy watch it before saying it's bad, that would be vital. By the way, Halle berry was HOT!
  21. TimF.
    May 26, 2006
    Very very entertaining, I really enjoyed the movie. A few unexpected twists and not the least bit boring!!! Some of the action sequences are amazing. I don't mind that it strays from the comic a bit it is still a good story. C'mon you can't make it exactly the same, if it was why make the movie? I really give it a mid to high 8 because, like the others, the movie is Very very entertaining, I really enjoyed the movie. A few unexpected twists and not the least bit boring!!! Some of the action sequences are amazing. I don't mind that it strays from the comic a bit it is still a good story. C'mon you can't make it exactly the same, if it was why make the movie? I really give it a mid to high 8 because, like the others, the movie is centered around Wolverine a bit too much, I would liked to have seen the other characters a bit more. It's a good movie, Martin L. I'm sorry, but you make no sense complaining about the questioning of the script, I think you may have lost sense of the movie, it's about mutants so implying something is beyond you in a movie about something already far fetched is a bit ridiculous, just my opinion. Although I walked away wanting a bit more from the movie, (mostly the other characters) I highly recommend to going to see it. Expand
  22. NigelE.
    May 28, 2006
    Appreciated that, since this was the third, they were able to get down to business as we had already met the cast of characters.
  23. JackK.
    May 28, 2006
    The single reason this movie has received negative reviews, in my opinion, is because people are trying to tie the comics with the movie. I am a big fan of the X-Men comics and storyline, but the minute I started seeing this movie as an "alternate reality" or "What if..."of the X-Men I REALLY started enjoying it for what it is, a great superhero action movie and instead of being angry of The single reason this movie has received negative reviews, in my opinion, is because people are trying to tie the comics with the movie. I am a big fan of the X-Men comics and storyline, but the minute I started seeing this movie as an "alternate reality" or "What if..."of the X-Men I REALLY started enjoying it for what it is, a great superhero action movie and instead of being angry of the liberties taken with the storyline, I'm actually excited because for me it means a completely new direction in which the X-Men can head and it keeps new surprises for us old time fans that want something new instead of seeing a reenactment of what we already know was going to happen. My recommendation is that you head to the theater with an open mind to see an "alternate reality" or "alternate storyline" and I guarantee you won't be dissapointed. This is obviously not the last X-Men picture, so just think of the possibilities that open up for the future if Marvel has permitted the series to carry in this direction and just enjoy the movie without being an inflexible fanboi. Expand
  24. MarcusD.
    May 30, 2006
    Different from the others. Great action and special effects. Good acting. Script was kinda corny.
  25. KarthikG.
    Jun 17, 2006
    I dont know what everyone expects the director to do? After the first two movies, everyone expected so much from this movie. and i think Ratner delivered. If u try to mix emotion in an action-packed movie like this what u end up with is "Matrix Revolutions". I for one think this is an excellent action movie worthy of the name X-Men.
  26. ChantalM.
    Jun 6, 2006
    I watch movies all the time and with the latest technology directors and producers seem to try to use way too much graphic design but in this movie the techniques aren't over used like they are in other big motion pictures. Although the movie was very different from the comics when it came to the pheonix and how she kills people the story blended perfectly. The actors couldnt have I watch movies all the time and with the latest technology directors and producers seem to try to use way too much graphic design but in this movie the techniques aren't over used like they are in other big motion pictures. Although the movie was very different from the comics when it came to the pheonix and how she kills people the story blended perfectly. The actors couldnt have done a better job with their characters. With every new x-men movie the actors seem to become more and more comfortable with their characters. I also believe the writers did an excellent job at the end of the picture. Suspense is always the best way to finish a movie. Great Movie, if you havn't seen it...go. Expand
  27. TysonJ.
    Jul 15, 2006
    This movie was the best in the series and the years best movie. The action was breathtaking, the emotions were off the hook! The storyline was pretty good with a lot of twists and turns. You never know what's next. And the visual effects were so real and attractive! Brett Ratner did an X-TREMELY great job with this movie making nearly $500 million. if there is X4 Bryan Singer and This movie was the best in the series and the years best movie. The action was breathtaking, the emotions were off the hook! The storyline was pretty good with a lot of twists and turns. You never know what's next. And the visual effects were so real and attractive! Brett Ratner did an X-TREMELY great job with this movie making nearly $500 million. if there is X4 Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner should direct this movie together! Expand
  28. Ryencoke
    May 26, 2006
    Great movie. Suprising though, I'm shocked to see so many twists in the movie. They should have kept Brian Singer for director though. The worst out of the 3. Still awesome.
  29. RodC.
    May 26, 2006
    Great movie / many surprises.
  30. JJR.
    May 27, 2006
    Awesome Movie. A lot of action. The Juggernaut owned.
  31. AngeloS.
    May 29, 2006
    Although more action paced than the first 2, as long as you have seen the prior 2 it is a smash that moves briskly, is entertaining, and has a lot of shocking events!
  32. ChristopherA.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Is everybody crazy? I'm hard on movies. There are hardly any that dont bore me. But this movie was great! This was an excellent X-Men movie, and far better than most movies made about comic books. I dont know why it got average reviews from both critics and viewers alike. Anyway, I'm glad I saw this movie.
  33. May 25, 2012
    I feel that this is the 1st x-men movie where something actually happens. The action scenes are very epic. The story may leave you wanting a bit more because characters die but I feel that this is the best x-men of them all.
  34. May 24, 2014
    I actually liked this movie. Unlike X-Men: First Class this movie has some popular X-Men characters in it. I thought Professor X and Magneto had a real Martin Luther King Jr. vs. Malcolm X philosophy which I found really interesting. Magneto stole the show in this movie.

1. Though the picture is not without its wow-inducing, SFX-driven moments, that potent X-factor is considerably diminished in Singer's absence.
  2. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    It's a fast and enjoyable B-movie, though, and Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine brings some good stormy drama to the proceedings.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    Singer's absence is felt but not fatal. By adding too much new blood Ratner loses some of the original DNA, but with its nifty set-pieces and a few nasty surprises, X3's still a worthy enough sequel to ensure it’s no Last Stand.