6.7

1. Aug 27, 2014
    Just another down right Jim Carey classic. The plot is good, its not stupid and it goes a long way. I could almost say I felt inspired by this movie to say "yes" a little more in my daily life instead of letting it pass you by.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Jim Carrey has the potential for something funnier, but instead stars in this painfully average and mostly predictable comedy that doesn't do anything new. Yes, this movie isn't funny.
  3. Jun 7, 2013
    Three years after his divorce Carl Allen’s life is going nowhere until, on the advice of a friend, he signs up for a self help program with one simple principle: Say yes to everything.

Despite the fresh spin the basic plot (boy meets girls, ruins things and then redeems himself) has been seen countless times before and the movie certainly runs out of steam by its final scenes but,
    thanks in large part to an excellent cast that includes the likes of Zoey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper and Rhys Darby, Yes Man makes for an enjoyable comedy. Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    Jim Carrey is my favorite comedian. And this movie is great but not one of the best. I think it could be funnier but still my final score for "YES MAN" is 7/10
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    Pretty much a typical Jim Carrey comedy. While there is nothing new in this film, it does have a bit of heart and sends a good message: Get off your ass and be positive about life. Overall: A decent popcorn comedy, that'll provide a few small laughs and will leave you feeling a little more warm fuzzy.
  6. Jan 17, 2013
    There are alot of negative reviews about this movie but I like it. It was cute funny and had some clever lines. It's the less indie Nick and Norah and it wasn't like the best but it averaged out cute with cool events in someones life.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    A more refined Jim Carrey doesn't disappoint in this generally worthwhile comedy.
  8. Sep 2, 2012
    an extreme below average movie. Not Jim carey at his best. Not funny, just a bunch of rehashed garbage recycled over and over again. I would usually watch Jim carey's movies again but not this one.
  9. Sep 2, 2012
    I can't argue that this movie is funny. Zooey is great. She seriously can just make anything better just with her presence. It felt like a JIm movie...which means it was good and easy to watch.
  10. May 10, 2012
    A very funny movie,with a great cast of actors. All of it comes together in the end. Definitely a must watch movie!
  11. Jan 2, 2012
    Jim Carrey gives a typical performance which ends up not funny because he always acts the same way. And the premise is quite silly and Zooey Deschannel doesn't belong in this awful movie she needs to do better things. I give this movie 21%.
  12. Dec 23, 2011
    The ending may be rushed, but a funny and somewhat unique idea is well executed in Yes Man. I really liked Jim Carrey's performance and this comedy may be worth watching.
  13. Sep 25, 2011
    Jim Carrey needs to perform in better, funnier movies with optimism...
  14. Sep 22, 2011
    I was expecting laughs with tears when I thought of Jim Carrey in a comedy movie, with the last few movies I watched of his being The Mask, Ace Ventura, and Cable Guy. He was great in the number 23 thriller too. This was a let down! I agree with the message of the story though - "yes" does open up a world of possibilities.
  15. Aug 15, 2011
    I think this movie is so great. The story is very interesting. After finished watching, I become vigorous. It is worth the money to see it. The acting is so-so. Ypu should watch this movie if you have never watched.
  16. Jun 12, 2011
    Nothing overly exciting. It does bring back a bunch of memories of liar liar but I felt like it fixed some of the issues with that movie, but it also makes a few problems. Saying yes to everything should have led to some more legal problems then this, but the supporting cast in this was better then liar liar. This is a cute movie that makes some good laughs but one that you don't need to see more then once. Expand
  17. Feb 21, 2011
    I thought it was a well round innocent fun comedy flick. Yes man has its up and downs and might be corny for most. Certainly not Jim Carreys best but I enjoyed it, had me laughing and also had a moving/calm side to it.
  18. Feb 1, 2011
    A light, funny and enjoyable film that isn't for the whole family, But for a jim carrey fan who is in the mood for a wild, sometimes vulgar comedy.SEE it? yes yes yes!!!
  19. Jan 1, 2011
    Not Jim Carrey's best. There was some funny moments but it wasn't a spectacular movie. Maybe worth watching once though.

1. Carrey's most satisfying live-action effort since "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Genial but slim, picture is certainly a light-hearted alternative to weighty year-end awards bait, but the conceit isn't realized fully enough.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Yes Man is nothing more than warmed-over holiday seconds, a repackaged best-of for those who already own the hits.