4.5

1. May 31, 2011
    It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Nothing spectacular here, and Yogi definitely achieves success in annoying everyone, but it is just mindless, silly fun if you can jar your brain into that realm.
  2. Jun 30, 2012
    This was not very great. But it is still very entertaining and if you have a good sense of humor you will definitely love this movie. The only thing is DO NOT expect it to be a four star movie.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    The boringness outweigh the humor of this movie. The plot way too predictable, good guy wants more, then changes mind, then helps save the day. But the jokes/humor are hilarious, it is by far the most funny movie I have ever watched.
  4. Feb 21, 2011
    Sorry! My 1st Mixed Review.... 1st Of All The Yogi Bear T.V. Show Is Great...
    2nd Of All Who Wants To See A New Version Of A Great Cartoon????
    3rd Of All This Seems Very Un-Creative And Bland....
    I Could Of Given It A 4 But I Am Being Pretty Nice Today :)
  5. Dec 26, 2010
    Sure. The chemistry is phony. It's dialogue is corny. It was terribly acted. But, funny voiceovers, and good 3D make it a fun movie to see for kids and adults, leaving the adults to like it more than the children.
  6. Dec 26, 2010
    OK. This is my "Real" review for the film. I was very annoyed then but I'm fine now. So here I go. This was a bad film. Not an extremely bad film but just a bad one. The chemistry between the park ranger and that blond woman was just so fake. They were pretty bad actors as well so I was pretty annoyed at that.The film wasn't funny either. The only funny person was the mayor and he isn'tOK. This is my "Real" review for the film. I was very annoyed then but I'm fine now. So here I go. This was a bad film. Not an extremely bad film but just a bad one. The chemistry between the park ranger and that blond woman was just so fake. They were pretty bad actors as well so I was pretty annoyed at that.The film wasn't funny either. The only funny person was the mayor and he isn't given enough screen time. The big problem with this movie is that it tries hard but just fails miserably because it's just not funny. Now that's all the bad stuff that really ruins the movie. I loved the Yogi Bear cartoons as a kid and this is just nothing compared to it. One of the worst films of 2010. Now there's things I actually liked in the movie like the voice actors of Yogi and Bobo. Justin Timberlake did a great job doing Bobo's voice. Sometimes I actually felt like I was watching an old Yogi Bear cartoon most of the time. If it weren't for the bad comedy then this would have been a pretty good movie. The CGI wasn't that bad either. So it isn't all that bad. It was just a pretty big disappointment for me since a loved the Yogi Bear cartoons when I was younger. This movie gets a mediocre 5/10 score. Kids will probably enjoy it more than I did. This is Mewtwo465 saying goodbye for now. Expand
  7. Dec 18, 2010
    After seeing trailers for this movie, I had low expectations. And although this is better than that damned Alvin & the Chipmunks 2, I can't help but feel it is in the same league!! The special effects are really (and I mean really) bad, & whereas the cast is well-chosen, they are let down by a crappy script & even crappier directors.
    At least it's better than Furry Vengeance.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    When i first heard about this movie I was excited to see it. But I was disappointed about the movie.
    The acting was pretty bad. Except Yogi and Booboo they were the only good characters in the movie.
    I saw this in 3-D, the 3-D was ok in some parts but i don't think this needed to be in 3-D.

All and all i thought it was a bit average.
  9. Dec 30, 2010
    Cute movie. The fluff you'd expect, but nothing objectionable. Bad acting and pretty stiff, but a cute film to take the kids to. Nothing to really satisfy the boomer nostalgia that will bring people in. But at least they took the high road on humour. No potty stuff.
  10. Feb 26, 2011
    Hmm... When I went to see this movie, I though it was going to suck real bad. Turns out, you really just need to remove the words "real and "bad". It just sucks. It was a lot better than I though it was going to be and I can usually tell if anything will be a flop before the reviews come in. Yes, it was a flop. Why? Well, the animation feels old, you can tell it's green-screened in someHmm... When I went to see this movie, I though it was going to suck real bad. Turns out, you really just need to remove the words "real and "bad". It just sucks. It was a lot better than I though it was going to be and I can usually tell if anything will be a flop before the reviews come in. Yes, it was a flop. Why? Well, the animation feels old, you can tell it's green-screened in some parts, the story is bad and most of the jokes are lame. On the upside, some jokes DID work, the voice acting for Yogi Bear was good and the fireworks scene was pretty cool but unless you're a kid under 8 years old, I say it's best to leave this one. Expand
  11. Jun 26, 2011
    It's a shame, Yogi Bear is such a classic. I will admit I let out a giggle every now and again due to it being... Yogi Bear. As a movie it severely lacks in storyline and I lost interest about a third of the way through.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Feb 7, 2011
    The wee'uns may enjoy the forest-based capers but for adults this is no pickernick.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Dec 17, 2010
    Here, Dan Aykroyd mimics the original voice, but the three-dimensional CGI isn't loose and lively enough to compensate for the unimaginative story.
    While the outdoor sequences were filmed in New Zealand's Woodhill State Forest – the movie's most stunning 3-D moments – Yogi Bear does feature notable "Canadian content" via two Ottawa-born thespians.