Zombieland

8.6

1. AznanN
    Mar 22, 2010
    Most people that negatively rate this film doesn't get it. Its not a zombie movie per se, its a satire about 4 strangers dealing with each other in a post-apocalyptic world which cause happens to be zombies. The comedy in it is how these 4 characters relate to each other so much despite consciously distancing themselves from each other i.e. using places as names. It seems disasters Most people that negatively rate this film doesn't get it. Its not a zombie movie per se, its a satire about 4 strangers dealing with each other in a post-apocalyptic world which cause happens to be zombies. The comedy in it is how these 4 characters relate to each other so much despite consciously distancing themselves from each other i.e. using places as names. It seems disasters pose a strange effect on people with no blood-relations. The force of similar experience causes them to band together like a family. There's also plenty of comedy to be had from Columbus's rule in surviving Zombieland, the zombie themselves and the surprise cameo. This is certainly on par with Shaun of The Dead, if not better. Expand
  2. JamesB
    Mar 3, 2010
    Like Shaun of the Dead, it pretty much has no plot. The only idea in the movie is kill zombies. But it's still fun and really funny.
  3. BenM.
    Nov 10, 2009
    If Shaun of the Dead and Superbad had a baby, it would be Zombieland.
  4. BillE
    Oct 11, 2009
    This was just a fun, escapist movie, that delivered on the promise. I had a smile on my face the whole time. It was exactly what I expected and sometimes that isn't bad thing.
  5. JeffK.
    Oct 10, 2009
    Good zombie fun. Better than i expected it to be. Enjoyed it the whole way through. Acting was competent. Enjoyed Woody Harelson more than i expected. Great zombie comedy moments. If your a fan of the genre, you will probably really enjoy this.
  6. AdamL
    Oct 10, 2009
    I was surprised at how this movie was actually better than I imagined. I kept wanting Woody H. to come back into the movie and realize some awesome movie fantasy action stunts, while relieving me of the teenage love crap. But even so , "Little Miss Sunshine", "Adventureland kid ", and Poorman's Lohan, all seemed to know there place , so they didn't really annoy me as much as I I was surprised at how this movie was actually better than I imagined. I kept wanting Woody H. to come back into the movie and realize some awesome movie fantasy action stunts, while relieving me of the teenage love crap. But even so , "Little Miss Sunshine", "Adventureland kid ", and Poorman's Lohan, all seemed to know there place , so they didn't really annoy me as much as I expected. I would say give this movie a chance, its not great, but basically good, with a good surprise cameo ! Expand
  7. BuckmanB
    Nov 1, 2009
    Best zombie movie ever made! If you like zombie movies, this will be your favorite, hands down. Keep in mind this is not a horror movie, this is a comedy movie.
  8. StevenC
    Nov 10, 2009
    A really fun movie, that doesn't take itself to serious. Some really funny scenes and great characters.
  9. DanC.
    Nov 20, 2009
    Great fun! Extremely entertaining and often quite clever. I loved every minute of it. The film delivers exactly what it promises: zombies, Woody Harrelson kicking serious behind, and a rollicking good time.
  10. ChrisR.
    Oct 12, 2009
    Brilliant, just brilliant. Probably the best zombie movie ever. If you like zombies, you'll love this!
  11. AbhinavR
    Nov 30, 2009
    At only 1:20, Zombieland is good fun, without any 'waffly' scenes or boring sequences. It's fast-paced and has good, witty humour. Highly recommended!
  12. gabbg
    Nov 30, 2009
    Different from other zombie films,,a little bit funny but fantastic in terms of entertaining,,,simple but elegant.
  13. JoshF
    Oct 13, 2009
    Nothing short of fantastic. One of the most entertaining and hilarious films I've seen since Tropic Thunder.
  14. TL
    Oct 13, 2009
    Kept me and my friends entertained. One of my favorites of the year definately. Kind of short and got just a little boring during the middle but for the most part it was great. Best American horror/comedy of the year I'd say. The actors did a darn good job and the characters were likable. Grats to the movie makers and thanks for talking of a sequel!
  15. RyanS
    Oct 15, 2009
    I liked the zombies, the gore, the violence. Woody Harrelson makes a good zombie killer. The laughs were there, but there was nothing overly funny. The teen romance element was kind of out of place.
  16. KenG
    Oct 15, 2009
    Goofier than most zombie movies, but still fill of action, thrills and suspense, this is just a lot of fun.
  17. StevenA
    Nov 6, 2009
    I find that quality of a comedy multiplies when it is mixed with another genre. For example, Hot Fuzz mixed comedy with action and it was great. Shaun of the Dead mixed comedy with horror and it was also really good. Zombieland does this, as well. It's a comedy that is mixed with a little bit of horror and a little bit of action. It worked really well with this movie. I will admit I find that quality of a comedy multiplies when it is mixed with another genre. For example, Hot Fuzz mixed comedy with action and it was great. Shaun of the Dead mixed comedy with horror and it was also really good. Zombieland does this, as well. It's a comedy that is mixed with a little bit of horror and a little bit of action. It worked really well with this movie. I will admit it's not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but it does come close. And coming from a western attempt, it should the amount of effort put into it. I would definitely recommend watching it. I want to see it again. Expand
  18. StephenG
    Oct 18, 2009
    Zombieland is really good. I recomend seeing it.
  19. JimS
    Oct 2, 2009
    Not what I expected, Zombieland is essentially a road-trip movie fueled with teen-age angst and mid-life melancholy. It is full of laughs and even manages a few tender moments. Above all, it is a finely crafted escapist romp, a movie feast for the senses. Oh and yeah, there is some great zombie killin
  20. Esme
    Oct 2, 2009
    Awesomely entertaining and funny.
  21. DavidF.
    Oct 2, 2009
    I usually don't like these kind of movies, I mean shawn of the dead was okay but really not all that funny. That said this movie was great, a perfect balance of novel ways to kill zombies/humans and running jokes. The "love story" was not over done and serves to compliment the overall movie without attempting to steal the spotlight.
  22. WadeG.
    Oct 2, 2009
    ZOMBIELAND IS SOOOOO AWESOME! Seriously after I saw Shaun of The Dead I didn't think there would ever be a zombie comedy that could top it but Zombieland blows the door down with a double-barreled shotgun full of awesome. Seriously every scene in the movie leaves you thinking "HOLY S**T" "THAT WAS AWESOME" or "THATS F****N HILARIOUS". [***SPOILER***] And I will not spill the beans ZOMBIELAND IS SOOOOO AWESOME! Seriously after I saw Shaun of The Dead I didn't think there would ever be a zombie comedy that could top it but Zombieland blows the door down with a double-barreled shotgun full of awesome. Seriously every scene in the movie leaves you thinking "HOLY S**T" "THAT WAS AWESOME" or "THATS F****N HILARIOUS". [***SPOILER***] And I will not spill the beans about Bill Murrays part in the movie but I will say its one of the most awesome I cant believe my eyes moments in the whole movie. Honestly if you don't go see this movie you are missing a classic that will be talked about 20 years from now. Expand
  23. EricE
    Oct 2, 2009
    I am not a huge Zombie movie fan. Usually they are too gory for my tastes. But a friend dragged me to this movie and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was quite funny. It also wasn't that gory like it could have been. There was only one scene where I looked away because I knew something gross was coming. It may be a rare buy for me when it comes out on Blu-Ray.
  24. AshtonS
    Oct 2, 2009
    Amazingly well written and put together. Entertaining humor that doesn't get old. There are some awesome one liners. The cameo is fricken hilarious! I would definitely see it again. I will purchase the DVD for sure. It was well worth the $9 ticket. I left the theater happier than when I say Inglorious Basterds, which was an awesome movie too. I enjoyed it more than Shaun of Dead, and Amazingly well written and put together. Entertaining humor that doesn't get old. There are some awesome one liners. The cameo is fricken hilarious! I would definitely see it again. I will purchase the DVD for sure. It was well worth the $9 ticket. I left the theater happier than when I say Inglorious Basterds, which was an awesome movie too. I enjoyed it more than Shaun of Dead, and that is hard to top.. Expand
  25. ChrisS
    Oct 22, 2009
    Zombieland is one of the best movies of the decade. I would recommend seeing it.
  26. NiickkT
    Oct 27, 2009
    Really enjoyable "zombe" film, good performances from all involved and the most hilarious cameo appearance in a film for years. It did take a while to get going but I look forward to seeing it again. Not at all scarey, there is a bit of gore though if you are squeemish.
  27. PaulS
    Oct 31, 2009
    Not quite Shawn of the Dead but still a good zombie comedy.
  28. MicksK.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Simply amazing, this is the zombie parody people have never expected to be so good.
  29. ChrisG.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Best Zombie film I've seen in 5 yrs. Director sets a nice pace and it flows very well. All the actors had great screen presence and chemistry with one another. Not to mention it is one of the most original zombie screenplays ever written.
  30. MattY
    Oct 3, 2009
    I came into this movie expecting something of a boring, dry comedy; commonly overdone and more reliant on the JUST killing zombies than anything else. Instead this movie blew that right out of the water with an outstanding representation of comedic desperation by Eisenberg and a lesson is ass-kicking by the ever immortal Woody Harrelson . I don't even like zombie movies but this film I came into this movie expecting something of a boring, dry comedy; commonly overdone and more reliant on the JUST killing zombies than anything else. Instead this movie blew that right out of the water with an outstanding representation of comedic desperation by Eisenberg and a lesson is ass-kicking by the ever immortal Woody Harrelson . I don't even like zombie movies but this film rocked; easy recommend. Expand
  31. ChrisM
    Oct 3, 2009
    This movie was much better than I expected. I'm kind of tired of the whole zombie genre in general, and entered this film with low expectations. Thankfully, not only did this movie exceed my expectations, but it did so to the level where I would recommend it to others. Its genuinely funny, but while this movie and Shaun of the Dead will see a lot of comparisons (not very many This movie was much better than I expected. I'm kind of tired of the whole zombie genre in general, and entered this film with low expectations. Thankfully, not only did this movie exceed my expectations, but it did so to the level where I would recommend it to others. Its genuinely funny, but while this movie and Shaun of the Dead will see a lot of comparisons (not very many ZomRomComs out there) the similarities end at the genre. That said, thoroughly enjoyable movie and Id recommend it to anyone. Expand
  32. RicardoWizard
    Oct 3, 2009
    A great movie to see in theaters and to have a fun night out. The action is awesome, the comedy is outright funny and the cameo is one of the best cameos of the entire year. My favorite movie of the year so far.
  33. HollyS.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Better than Shaun of the Dead. Funny from frame 1 until the end!
  34. TylerR.
    Oct 4, 2009
    A hilarious movie with it's share of amazing action sequences. It's gruesome, funny, full of action, and best of all: True to what the Zombie Scenario is like. As you meet each character, they add a new unique personality to the movie, all drawing to it's final epic conclusion. Anyone who loves gore, comedy, action and/or zombies will definitely be thrilled by this movie. A hilarious movie with it's share of amazing action sequences. It's gruesome, funny, full of action, and best of all: True to what the Zombie Scenario is like. As you meet each character, they add a new unique personality to the movie, all drawing to it's final epic conclusion. Anyone who loves gore, comedy, action and/or zombies will definitely be thrilled by this movie. I'm thoroughly disappointed with it's metascore on here. It deserves better. I give this 2 thumbs up and recommend it for anyone (Who can handle lots of gore). Expand
  35. JasonN.
    Lots of fun!!!
  36. MattB.
    Never got boring.
  37. OscarF.
    Unimaginably Funny!!!
  38. Mel
    Oct 5, 2009
    The over-the-top gore had me worried at first, but this movie actually had some great character development and a fun sense of humor!
  39. DougT
    Hilarious. Simply that.
  40. BillyS.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Zombieland is as funny as Shawn Of The Dead, but because of one surprize cameo that has to be the single greatest cameo ever in a movie, moves it up a couple notches on my scale. an instant classic scene!
  41. JackC.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Works on pretty much all levels. A hilarious script with four great performances and plenty of cool action/horror sequences.
  42. KeithP.
    Oct 6, 2009
    I like Zombieland. This movie is funny. I laughed a lot when I watched it. I give it a 10 out of 10.
  43. KainD.
    Oct 6, 2009
    You enter the theater with intentions of seeing a hilarious romp through a zombie infested world, and that's exactly what you get. Flawlessly well done.
  44. Adam
    Oct 6, 2009
    nut up or shut up, the funniest movie this year.
  45. AndrewT.
    Oct 7, 2009
    This film the best teen to very young adult oriented romantic comedies I have ever seen. And being from Texas, I can confirm that Garland, Texas really does look like that! Well done Ruben Fleischer!
  46. Ostaf
    Oct 8, 2009
    Really REALLY funny. There was a few times when it was kind of slow and the people that sat behind me pissed me off (yes I am rating this movie down because of the people behind me in the movie theater) But I laughed at Bill Murry so hard I peed a little. Funny movie and I recommend it to everyone (except people that don't like R rated movies.
  47. KenS
    Oct 9, 2009
    Don't think; just laugh.
  48. SamH
    Jan 17, 2010
    This movie rocked. It's the perfect comedy. It's got zombies, so its a bit scary at some parts, but its also got a lot of humor, and even some romance. This is honesty one of my favorite comedies. It's the right kind of funny with not too much references to sex, like most recent comedy movies.
  49. AntwianF.
    Jan 22, 2010
    woody at his best. very funny albeit corny and different zombie flick that does it thing. the girls are the best even though they don't have many morals. laugh out loud comedy/drama????
  50. NickT
    Jan 27, 2010
    This has got to be the best Horror/Comedy film yet. It was mainly a spoof, but didnt go too far with it. Great visual effects, awesome camera angles, and the perfect cast. If only it was just a little more longer.
  51. BillyC
    Feb 12, 2010
    I knew nothing of the movie going in, loved it after "Double Tap". 9 instead of 10 because it was a bit slow in places, but most of the scenes were great.
  52. NathanielD
    Mar 22, 2010
    Brilliant film, homages and paradys at the same time. Some miss jokes but enough brilliant hits to make it up.
  53. MarkW
    Mar 28, 2010
    According to most reviewers Zombieland was either was the worst movie ever (a "1") or the best (a "10")! A little reality check... Zombieland is a cute flick with a few big laughs, a handful of chuckles, and a flimsy plot. Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half if you have some time to kill but nothing you will be talking about a few days later. So ignore all the "fan boys" and all the According to most reviewers Zombieland was either was the worst movie ever (a "1") or the best (a "10")! A little reality check... Zombieland is a cute flick with a few big laughs, a handful of chuckles, and a flimsy plot. Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half if you have some time to kill but nothing you will be talking about a few days later. So ignore all the "fan boys" and all the "haters" and give it a watch if you don't have something you *really* want to watch in your DVD queue. Expand
  54. JonK
    Mar 29, 2010
    It seemed that the rules started out as a big part of the movie and were ignored too much later. Bill Murray was funny, yet being accidentally killed didn't seem to work well for the movie.
  55. MichaelM.
    Oct 11, 2009
    This film is a lot of fun. I'll admit the plot is rather thin, but the goal here is laughs, and they deliver. By the way, Miles L. with his extended vocabulary needs to write a formal essay with examples, because I am racking my brain and I don't know what the fuck he's talking about.
  56. GavinC.
    Nov 14, 2009
    A really funny and self-aware film that delivers plenty of great characters and gore.
  57. EthanC.
    Oct 12, 2009
    This was one of the most entertaining movies ive seen in forever. It was hilarious and was just fun to watch. Its not the best movie i have ever seen but let me tell you it was very, very entertaining, and like i said before, just fun! So watch it and anybody who doesnt like this movie needs to get a stick out of their ass.
  58. warmerc
    Oct 12, 2009
    Zombieland reminded me of shaun of the dead in a lot of ways but i loved how they go through his rules and it based on a serious thing like zombies but has me laughing through out most of the movie.
  59. homes
    Oct 14, 2009
    Truly a funny horror/comedy. Touching (as much as it can be) as well. I wish to restate this comedy is actually funny. A funny comedy, complete with new catch phrases like "nut up, or shut up". I recommend it to anyone with a stomach for gore and a sense of humor.
  60. GrantZ
    Oct 21, 2009
    Zombieland is without a doubt one of this years finest comedies. It's a genuine laugh-a-minute film. Even the gore is funny. You'll be hard pressed to not like the charismatic characters either who are just perfect, and really make this movie seem real.... in a way.
  61. ThomasI
    Dec 14, 2009
    I would give it a 9.8, because no film is perfect, this film had a few flaws... a few parts got to the edge of boring, but never crossed over. Bill Murray was the only real let down in the film. You'll be sure to have your fair share of violence and comedy... and it's all round AWESOME.
  62. KyleB.
    Dec 6, 2009
    ZOMBIELAND IS THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!It was better then X men Origns and any other movie I've seen! I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN RUBEN FIEISCHER!!!!!! And by the way I am onley 8 years old.
  63. ChrisR
    Dec 8, 2009
    I enjoyed this movie for the fun entertainment it's supposed to be. I'm a big fan of Shaun of the Dead, but after seeing Zombieland and re-watching Shaun of the Dead I think Zombieland does a better job with pacing and some added depth, while Shaun is more carefree and whimsical. I love the way that the Rules were shown in the movie. It gave Zombieland a unique edge for me when I enjoyed this movie for the fun entertainment it's supposed to be. I'm a big fan of Shaun of the Dead, but after seeing Zombieland and re-watching Shaun of the Dead I think Zombieland does a better job with pacing and some added depth, while Shaun is more carefree and whimsical. I love the way that the Rules were shown in the movie. It gave Zombieland a unique edge for me when I was simply expecting another silly zombie flick. Expand
  64. DavidP
    Dec 18, 2009
    Not by any means a great film, it's still a good film and a funny one. Bill Murry's cameo as..well, Bill Murry, is probably the best part of the movie. The forced romantic subplot falls a little flat, but the film doesn't dwell on it's shortcomings, choosing instead to keep throwing the gags and gore up till the very end.
  65. Nuno
    Dec 19, 2009
    First of all I must say, I knew absolutely nothing about this movie when I bought the ticket for the movie. Had no expectations, damn, I didn't even know if this was a comedy or not! Well anyway, this movie is nearly perfect, what many may dislike is the fact that this isn't a complete comedy; has some dramatic moments, and some romantic moments, by that I mean this isn't a First of all I must say, I knew absolutely nothing about this movie when I bought the ticket for the movie. Had no expectations, damn, I didn't even know if this was a comedy or not! Well anyway, this movie is nearly perfect, what many may dislike is the fact that this isn't a complete comedy; has some dramatic moments, and some romantic moments, by that I mean this isn't a 100%comedy; for me, it worked perfectly. Expand
  66. Sep 1, 2010
    I thought it was great! Very little serious, but mainly focused on funny and it was. The only reason I don't rate higer was because of the talking...it eventually got annoying when he kept mentioning the rules at the end.
  67. Apr 20, 2014
    Columbus (Eisenberg) is trying to return to his home town amongst a zombie apocalypse when he runs into Tallahassee (a superbly deadpan Harrelson) and thus begins a cross country trek that see’s the pair, amongst other things, meeting up with a pair of grifters and visiting the home of Bill Murray.

The pairing of Eisenberg and Harrelson is a great one and there is enough humour and gore to satisfy both horror and comedy fans. In terms of tone the closest comparison would certainly be Shaun of the Dead and, whist it perhaps can’t quite match the cult classic, it makes for a thoroughly entertaining watch throughout.
  68. May 25, 2011
    A+ for quality quips.
    A+ for the cast, including Bill Murray. "This guy has a direct line to my funny bone."
    A+ for not going by regular names, rather by cities for names. And the Twinkies thing, even though I don't like Twinkies. C for blood. Makes me queezy. Rule #32: Enjoy the little things. A new world begins in this comedy about 4 humans who survive a zombie over take. I tell
    A+ for quality quips.
    C for blood. Makes me queezy.

Rule #32: Enjoy the little things. A new world begins in this comedy about 4 humans who survive a zombie over take. I tell ya, I love zombie movies! Especially comedic ones (think Sean of the Dead - gotta love Simon Pegg). If I could, I would plunk one quotation mark at the beginning and another at the end because this movie is full of fabulous lines that make me smile and laugh.

Rule #Gleenobly: watch this quirky, delightful movie. (Adults only).
  69. Oct 19, 2011
    The main reason I like Zombieland is that it is what it is. It's a good old-fashioned road movie...with zombies. Some may argue it's a bit thematically empty, but I see that as part of its charm - it's as bright, noisy and messy as any day at the fairground (which, funnily enough, is where the finale takes place). There's thrills, laughs and zombie-splatting aplenty, and we get to spendThe main reason I like Zombieland is that it is what it is. It's a good old-fashioned road movie...with zombies. Some may argue it's a bit thematically empty, but I see that as part of its charm - it's as bright, noisy and messy as any day at the fairground (which, funnily enough, is where the finale takes place). There's thrills, laughs and zombie-splatting aplenty, and we get to spend our time with some thoroughly likeable characters. Undeniably it's Woodie Harrelson's movie, as his zany, zombie-killing cowboy Tallahassee completely steals the show. Perhaps you could hope for a little more below the surface of the film (Shaun of the Dead for instance, would hit Zombieland out of the park in terms of pure heart), but really it's all down to what you're looking for in a Zom-Com. Zombieland really doesn't have any sort of agenda - so it might be a little brainless, but it's completely unpretentious at the same time, which makes a nice change in an age of over-thought, over-blown critiques of modern society. Expand
  70. May 26, 2012
    This mashup of scary, action, and comedy has rarely worked better, and theres a bit of a heart here as well.
  71. Dec 12, 2011
    (January 14, 2010)
    (January 14, 2010)
    In today's society zombies have become the cool new thing, from survival guides on what to do in case of an attack to video games were you can live an outbreak for yourself. Zombieland is the next big infection to the zombie category and it sure is a good one. The plot seems pretty basic at first. Our planet has become a zombie wasteland, and only a select few people have survived, but as the film goes on it begins to develop depth with it is interesting characters and multiple surprises. The four main characters consist of the undergraduate Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg), the Twinkie-craving, gun-swinging redneck Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) and two female tricksters, the 12-year-old Little Rock (Abigail Breslin) and her older sister, Wichita (Emma Stone), so named for their respective destinations.
    Zombieland never really does anything wrong, it knows that it is a humorous horror film and it goes full speed with this in mind. One would think that a silly zombie movie like this would not push any artistic boundaries, but the film actually has some of the best use of motion graphics I have seen in awhile. The movie takes these set rules that Columbus has made to help him survive the zombie apocalypse, and incorporates the text of the rules into the movie while action is happening.. The last great thing to mention is just the amount of surprise in this movie. There are so many random happenings; you will never know what is going to happen next.
    Zombieland has everything a good movie needs. Good character development, a good plot, nice effects, an atmosphere that works, and it is just really entertaining. This movie offers moviegoers plenty of zombie humor and horror for their cash. I strongly recommended to anyone, especially the diehard zombie fans out there.
  72. Feb 12, 2012
    I love every second of this movie. Zombieland just has more style than any other zombie flick and it's really freakin hilarious. I love the opening credits!
  73. Dec 28, 2012
    As gory as "Dawn of the Dead" and (almost) as funny as "Ghostbusters", this is satisfying, fairly low-stakes comedy that you lets relax, laugh and have a good time killing zombies.
  74. Jul 6, 2015
    Packed to the brim with horrifically funny violence and jokes, Zombieland is a fun film featuring some deadly writing and killer direction from Ruben Fleischer (who may be a one-hit wonder, sadly). Jesse Eisenberg is very good in the lead role, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin are also both very strong, and Woody Harrelson was born for this role. Nothing like watching Woody massacre zombiesPacked to the brim with horrifically funny violence and jokes, Zombieland is a fun film featuring some deadly writing and killer direction from Ruben Fleischer (who may be a one-hit wonder, sadly). Jesse Eisenberg is very good in the lead role, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin are also both very strong, and Woody Harrelson was born for this role. Nothing like watching Woody massacre zombies with the kind of glee only he can show, while being oddly vulnerable at the same time. A funny film, the romantic elements do not feel forced, neither do the emotional moments. As gory as a zombie apocalypse needs to be, even the violence manages to be comedic here as they manage to suck every joke they can out of everything going on, which is great. I love when films do that. Overall, Zombieland may not be finding a place in the Library of Congress any time soon, but it is still a very fun and well made film. Expand
  75. Feb 24, 2013
    Hilarious and violent...sounds silly, but Zombieland isn't. It's the perfect combination of both; it's a film well-done. Perfect cast of Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin, and of course the always humorous Bill Murray. Well written. Awesome action and violence. Great humor. A seriously great film! One of the best comedies of 2009.
  76. Dec 21, 2012
    The team up was great...
    One of my favorite movies of all time. (Yeah, I'm a pretty shallow person for putting that to a very great list but,,, so what??? Haha.. Emma - great & cute
    The young girl (I forgot her name) - great
    Jesse - good
    Woody - Twinkies!!! He gave Hostess justice. Haha :D
  77. Nov 17, 2015
    (Note: I devised my own scoring system, which works as follows: 1 for bad, 5 for mwah, 9 for good. 10 for superb.)

That Woody Harrelson can play something else besides the buffoon roles he seems to be condemned tocan be gathered from a movies as the People vs Larry Flynt. He does however play the buffoon well, even to the point of being adorable, so he stars like a buffoon in Zombieland. He is joined by a cast of three, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin to make up a group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse that has depopulated the world.

If you are a zombie nut you will be upset by Zombieland, either because you think it hogwash or because you find it hilarious. Zombieland is sheer baloney and that tends to gall people in unpredictable ways, just like it makes people giggle. The keyscene is probably the one in which Bill Murray dies, which makes Emma Stone suddenly giggle, saying; he still makes me laugh. Thus purposely ruining one of the few serious moments in the movie. The movie does at times build up to a serious moment but knocks it down flat a frame later.

The whole thing thrives on the interaction between the cast with the zombie background propelling the plot forward. How inconsequential everything is can be gathered from the fact that they basically travel from nowhere in particular to nowhere in particular. As Harrelson says: some go west, stating it is safer there, some travel east, thinking it is safer there. Hence his drive is not safety, but twinkies. Just as scarce and as important as to endanger himself(and others to boot).

There is a very awkward romantic fling between Eisenberg and Stone who simply have nothing in common, but even that is in tune with the movie that turns everything upside down. The interaction between Breslin and Harrelson is much more believable, the first playing a twelve years old who hasn't heard of Gandhi and Willy Nelson, much to the astonishment of the Harrelson who in turn has no clue who Hannah Montana is(that will be a bit more dated, I am sure).

While Harrelson plays the buffoon, Eisenberg plays the social misfit and Stone and Breslin play two sisters who make a living cheating others, out of their money before the zombie apocalypse and their cars and guns after the zombies have inherited the world.

The end scenes sees the two girls power up a theme park in the night so Breslin can have some fun. Where the power comes from doesn't really matter, what does matter is that every zombie from miles around converges on the park, thus requiring the two men to save the girls.

Zombieland is not to be taken seriously really, which is the whole point. If that gets your feathers ruffled you better skip this one. But then you might not like Shaun of the Dead either. Which is really a shame. Perhaps refocus?
    (I heard someone planned a spin off or something. I hope the rethink that, for there isn't much to tell, unless the premise of the movie is changed into something more serious, which means it's a different thing altogether)
  78. Jul 4, 2015
    I love zombies movies and this one was really good even though he is pretty overrated.The acting is good,the story is not original but interesting and the movie has some blood.
  79. Apr 16, 2015
    One of the best zombies out there staring some of my favorite actors! You should check this out! It's the best you can get it around 5 bucks now at big lots or walmart,ebay.
  80. Apr 25, 2015
    Simply put, most horror films are not scary. There are exceptions, of course, but those are increasingly rare. I think the last horror movie that had me on edge may have been The Mist, and that was released two years ago. Nevertheless, the genre remains incredibly popular, so what better way to populate it than with movies that recognize the comedic potential of many staple horrorSimply put, most horror films are not scary. There are exceptions, of course, but those are increasingly rare. I think the last horror movie that had me on edge may have been The Mist, and that was released two years ago. Nevertheless, the genre remains incredibly popular, so what better way to populate it than with movies that recognize the comedic potential of many staple horror situations? What was once an obscure and often derided cinematic category, the "horror comedy," has come into its own. Films like Sam Raimi's Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness, Don Coscarelli's Bubba Ho-Tep, Michele Soavi's Cemetery Man, and (most obviously) Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg's Shaun of the Dead have paved a path that allows productions like Zombieland to make their road trips with ease. The key with this movie, as with the others (and many more like it) is that, although there are "boo!" moments and gore, comedy always trumps horror. The production wants viewers to laugh; if they leave the theater without doing so, the filmmakers have failed to do their jobs. Zombieland is funny - sometimes very funny - and has a clever script. Director Ruben Fleischer, making his feature debut, and screenwriters Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick have accomplished what they set out to achieve.

The zombies of Zombieland are members of the "new breed," meaning they're not self-exhumed corpses that have come back from the dead to terrorize the living, but plague victims whose brains have rotted, leaving behind violent, cannibalistic shells. By the time the movie has started, the epidemic has long since swept across the globe, infecting nearly the entire population. Humans are few and far between. Our narrator, "Columbus" (Jesse Eisenberg), who bears the name of the city from which he hails, has survived into the post apocalyptic era by following a list of 31 rules - stay in good shape (to outrun the zombies), beware of public bathrooms, always wear a seatbelt, don't be a hero, etc. Whenever Columbus follows one of these rules, Fleischer helpfully prints the rule # and description on screen to remind us.

Although the zombie presence always exists in the background, much of the movie plays out like a traditional road trip, with four diverse individuals making their way from Texas to California, heading for a "promised land" (in this case, an amusement park) that might be a myth. Along the way, they bond, learn things about each other, and come to understand what they hope to get out of this screwed-up life. Occasionally, of course, there are zombies to deal with but, until the end when they arrive en masse, they're more nuisances than serious obstacles.

The best scenes involve a cameo by Bill Murray as Bill Murray. He lives in a palatial mansion complete with a theater that plays Ghostbusters. It's refreshing to see Murray in this role, limited though it may be, because it reminds us he can still be very funny. Recently, he has been appearing in so many straight and/or offbeat parts that I was beginning to wonder. He has the best line in Zombieland - I won't reveal it here, since comments taken out of context often lose their humor, but it references Garfield.

One thing I appreciate about Zombieland is that it doesn't ignore the concept of character development. Don't misunderstand - these are by no means fully realized, three-dimensional entities; however, they are more than caricatures. Each has some nice moments and an investment is made in creating bonds and relationships. Fleischer and his screenwriters don't fumble the ball the way the filmmakers do in about 90% of comedies and horror movies by making the characters little more than animated props - punch-line targets or splatter-fodder. By the time Zombieland reached its climax, I actually cared about who lived and died, and that reaction honestly took me by surprise. So, while I will admit that Zombieland isn't an especially good horror movie, it succeeds in enough different ways that such a defect hardly matters.
  81. Jun 29, 2015
    Absolutely incredible in every aspect—storyline, running gag, character portrayals (I mean, come on. Jesse, Woody, Emma and Abigail were awesome), zombie concept and effects. It was a brutally fun adventure filled with friendship, love, and sense of belonging.
  82. Dec 3, 2015
    A great adventure -themed zombie apocalypse that has great touch of horror , action and comedy without missing . Well rather I have and the rules to survive the zombie apocalypse, hilarious and entertainer .
  83. Oct 8, 2015
    I absolutely shat my pants laughing, however there is a couple of things that I thought were just annoying and unfunny. This didn't really scare me much and I hate horror, but this is stupid funny and will bring viewing pleasure for anyone who enjoys comedy/horror movies.
  84. Feb 24, 2016
    Sorry, zombie killers, but your movie's getting taken over by zombies and you can't even kill them all without being infected by a zombie. Sorry, pitiful king, but the zombie king takes over the throne on Zombieland.
  85. Mar 6, 2016
    For Whom the Bell Tolls. Nuff said .
  86. Mar 27, 2016
    There is no denying how good this movie is. It is funny and so entertaining. The only problem is it goes on a bit too long. That's it! It is such a good movie especially for starting the Zombie phase.
  87. May 11, 2016
    Best comedy zombie movie there is imo. I like a lot of the actors in it tho so my opinion might be a little bias.

Watch it online for free:http://www.watchfree.to/watch-3cad-Zombieland-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  88. Jul 12, 2016
    Shaun of the Dead was a great British horror comedy and with Zombieland,America has a great horror comedy.now.

PROS:
    *Hilarious
    *Amazing Characters
    *Opening Credits
    *Not a single scene is boring or bad
    *Awesome Kills
    *Bill Murray's cameo

CONS:
    *Slightly bad love story(but it was still pretty funny)

1. Falling closer in tone to "Shaun of the Dead" than "28 Days Later" or the George Romero movies, Zombieland has its tongue planted firmly in its rancid cheek while still delivering the visceral goodies.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Benefiting from the very different but very appealing comedy styles of Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg even when the script's wit runs thin, this should be catnip to jaded genre fans.
    Fitfully amusing romp directed with little ambition and even less distinction by first-timer Ruben Fleischer.