6.6

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Its one of those films that is just so stupid that its good. There is nothing really good about this film - The story is stupid yet original, The acting is decent but not as good as you would expect, and there was a few laughable parts in it. Chances are if you laugh at fart jokes then you will laugh at this.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    Quite possibly the greatest comedy Ben Stiller has ever starred in, "Zoolander" finds itself within a hilarious middle-ground between goofy and satirical.
  3. Jan 8, 2011
    As Roger Ebert said in his review of this film - it is a good example why the world hates America. Well, Ebert was a bit too harsh, I'd say, but this is definitely a disgrace to Hollywood and humankind in general, I'd say. So shallow, so stupid and so over-the-top that it induces vomit. 'Zoolander' is one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Yes, I will admit it had a few funnyAs Roger Ebert said in his review of this film - it is a good example why the world hates America. Well, Ebert was a bit too harsh, I'd say, but this is definitely a disgrace to Hollywood and humankind in general, I'd say. So shallow, so stupid and so over-the-top that it induces vomit. 'Zoolander' is one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Yes, I will admit it had a few funny scenes, but quite frankly after watching it I just could not control the discomfort I felt. It is just a bad bad film, and is one of the reasons why I've disliked Ben Stiller for years after. I would definitely not recommend it - bad story, bad acting (quite atrocious, actually), bad dialogue, bad..everything. Expand
  4. Dec 13, 2010
    This one of my most favorite films. It is satire at its best. The chemistry itself is a reason to watch, for the way Stiller and Wilson work so very well together. Yes, silly, but done in the best way possible!
  5. Mar 4, 2011
    Huge disappointment. Just another comedy that was not funny. I couldn't watch this again if I tried. I wish David Bowie had never been in it and perhaps he feels the same.
  6. Mar 23, 2011
    Zoolander was funnier than most comedies iv'e seen made in the past decade. Occasionally, you need to leave reality behind and just have fun at the movies
  7. Mar 22, 2012
    A completely accurate documentary about the intelligence level of male fashion models. Very educational.
  8. Aug 28, 2014
    As a parody of the fashion industry and the often shallow state of the world, Zoolander is average. On all other fronts, including Ben Stiller's direction and performance, the film runs flat.
  9. Dec 13, 2013
    Good and entertaining movie. Certainly plenty of funny moments complimented with an interesting storyline and good performances from the quite star-studded cast (Stiller, Wilson, Farrell).
  10. Sep 23, 2013
    I do give this movie points for trying to do something a little different. Yet, as usual, Stiller comes off a bit to dry and his performance feels forced most of the time.

But him aside, the premise is interesting, the humor is childish but entertaining and the characters are something different. Overall: The movie could have used a stronger lead and someone who can do physical

Overall:
    The movie could have used a stronger lead and someone who can do physical comedy (Stiller can't.) Other than that I still enjoyed the movie and it was something different.
  11. Jan 18, 2014
    Many people have accused Zoolander of being overly silly and way too juvenile for it's own good. Personally I think that one of the reasons it is so enjoyable is because Ben Stiller and the writers know that it is not intelligent whatsoever and use this as a way of getting laughs. Which I don't think there is anything wrong with. Dumb fun.
  12. Jun 24, 2013
    The movie does not meet the expectations and the comedy situations seem silly. Though perfomance from Ben is good the storyline and screenplay does not compromise each other.
  13. Apr 24, 2013
    Zoolander is one weird movie, but you have to admit, it's insanely hilarious. The storyline is good, but for a short movie, it getsthrown in different directions. The characters do make-up for the story's off guide. They may be stupid, but they seem to put a smile on our face, especially Ben Stiller (Derek Zoolander) and Will Ferrell (Mugatu). Even though Ben has his funny moments he alsoZoolander is one weird movie, but you have to admit, it's insanely hilarious. The storyline is good, but for a short movie, it getsthrown in different directions. The characters do make-up for the story's off guide. They may be stupid, but they seem to put a smile on our face, especially Ben Stiller (Derek Zoolander) and Will Ferrell (Mugatu). Even though Ben has his funny moments he also has his retarded moments, but c'mon, you got to enjoy his idiotic performance. Overall, for a short movie and a weird storyline, you'll still enjoy this silly comedy. Expand
  14. May 25, 2014
    Dispite being released in 2001 it took me years to see this movie im not sure why because i love Ben Stiller and the film is filled with good actors like Will Ferrell, Milla Jovovich, Jon Voight, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, David Duchovny, plus others i guess it was just a movie i never got around to seeing. Still though since then i have watched the movie at least a good 20 times and iDispite being released in 2001 it took me years to see this movie im not sure why because i love Ben Stiller and the film is filled with good actors like Will Ferrell, Milla Jovovich, Jon Voight, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, David Duchovny, plus others i guess it was just a movie i never got around to seeing. Still though since then i have watched the movie at least a good 20 times and i still absolutly love it. Stiller is beyond hilarious in this movie the comedy is so stupid but thats why its so funny and why i love it. There are so many great scenes that leave you crying from laughter like the gas station scene and the walk off between Stiller and Owen. Love this movie it never seems to get old =D

Overall i give it a 7.5 I hope they do Zoolander 2 i know its been in talks for years but its one movie i loved to get made id for sure go watch it in theaters.
  15. Dec 1, 2013
    I can admire Ben Stiller's parody of the fashion industry. What I cannot and will never admire is the clunky screenplay, overly-hammy (too much on-purpose cheesiness) acting, and lack of comedy that is instead replaced by sheer stupidity and absurdity of the dialogue.
  16. May 27, 2014
    Ben Stiller's movie about stereotypical male model with a ridiculous story makes an entertaining comedy making fun of the male model industry. A stupid plot with good supporting cast combine with good soundtrack. Throughout the movie each actors have funny lines are easily quotable and the best scenes is combined with well placed songs like the gas station and the runaway battle. Not aBen Stiller's movie about stereotypical male model with a ridiculous story makes an entertaining comedy making fun of the male model industry. A stupid plot with good supporting cast combine with good soundtrack. Throughout the movie each actors have funny lines are easily quotable and the best scenes is combined with well placed songs like the gas station and the runaway battle. Not a great or amazing movie but not bad an enjoyable satire directed and written by Ben Stiller.

The plot is given at the opening sequence with Mugatu played by Will Ferrell planning an assassination on the new prime minister of Malaysia because he would raise the minimum wage and get rid of child labor laws. Ben Stiller's character Derek Zoolander is a three time model of the year but for some reason can not turn left. Hansel a role written for Owen Wilson by Ben Stiller is a hippie like model whos career is rising. After losing the model of the year to Hansel he reconsider if there anything besides being really really good looking and retire. Looking for a model to assassinated the prime minister Magatu hires Derek Zoolander for a new fashion line and brainwashing to the song "Relax".
  17. Jul 11, 2014
    good music up in here. Liked the movie, stiller is always good
  18. Nov 22, 2014
    Zoolander is full of classic comedy actors that are at their top of their game. Of course this film is a little stupid but it makes up for being funny. I'm looking forward to the long awaited sequel to this film. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are at their buddy comedy best in Zoolander.

Basically one elaborate joke about male modeling and all the vanity, emasculation, and fatuousness that attend it. Fortunately, it's a good joke.
    A sometimes inspired but sputtering parody of the fashion industry. It's desperate to please, yet never unzips the fancy pants of haute couture.
  3. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    Isn't always on the money, but when it is, it really is.