6.6

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Its one of those films that is just so stupid that its good. There is nothing really good about this film - The story is stupid yet original, The acting is decent but not as good as you would expect, and there was a few laughable parts in it. Chances are if you laugh at fart jokes then you will laugh at this.
  2. SB
    Dec 5, 2008
    An average comedy as far as comedies go. This movie is worth quite a few guilty laughs... which brings me to the fact that Poor K. really needs to lower the blood pressure. Getting all worked up like that over this silly movie is like getting mad at an 8 year old child for calling you Poopface. Please calm down, you are embarrassing yourself... it's just a (stupid) movie.
  3. Beagle
    Oct 13, 2001
    I laughed at several scenes, but not uproariously. Once you get the joke, it seems to repeat itself over and over. Not to be missed so long as it's at the matinee or entertainment book price.
  4. Beagle
    Oct 13, 2001
  5. SarahS.
    Dec 20, 2001
    Some really dull bits but there were enough funny things to make it not totally suck.
  6. MichelleP.
    Oct 11, 2002
    Don't get me wrong here. I thought Zoolander was hilarious, and easily one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but the movie's stupidness really made me loath it. Sorry, I don't go for "dumb" movies.
  7. GabeT.
    Mar 16, 2002
    As a comedy spoof, Zoolander has its moments. However, once the film becomes sick of its own joke and begins laughing at itself more than u r, it becomes redundant.
  8. Jan 3, 2015
    This must be the kind of movie that is so stupid that it is funny. Yes, our acting duo (Stiller&Wilson) is back in action. Beware. And if you like models... and can't stand bad humor made of things that are dear to you... uhh... don't watch.
  9. Mar 22, 2012
    A completely accurate documentary about the intelligence level of male fashion models. Very educational.
  10. Jan 18, 2014
    Many people have accused Zoolander of being overly silly and way too juvenile for it's own good. Personally I think that one of the reasons it is so enjoyable is because Ben Stiller and the writers know that it is not intelligent whatsoever and use this as a way of getting laughs. Which I don't think there is anything wrong with. Dumb fun.
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    The movie does not meet the expectations and the comedy situations seem silly. Though perfomance from Ben is good the storyline and screenplay does not compromise each other.
  12. May 27, 2014
    Ben Stiller's movie about stereotypical male model with a ridiculous story makes an entertaining comedy making fun of the male model industry. A stupid plot with good supporting cast combine with good soundtrack. Throughout the movie each actors have funny lines are easily quotable and the best scenes is combined with well placed songs like the gas station and the runaway battle. Not aBen Stiller's movie about stereotypical male model with a ridiculous story makes an entertaining comedy making fun of the male model industry. A stupid plot with good supporting cast combine with good soundtrack. Throughout the movie each actors have funny lines are easily quotable and the best scenes is combined with well placed songs like the gas station and the runaway battle. Not a great or amazing movie but not bad an enjoyable satire directed and written by Ben Stiller.

The plot is given at the opening sequence with Mugatu played by Will Ferrell planning an assassination on the new prime minister of Malaysia because he would raise the minimum wage and get rid of child labor laws. Ben Stiller's character Derek Zoolander is a three time model of the year but for some reason can not turn left. Hansel a role written for Owen Wilson by Ben Stiller is a hippie like model whos career is rising. After losing the model of the year to Hansel he reconsider if there anything besides being really really good looking and retire. Looking for a model to assassinated the prime minister Magatu hires Derek Zoolander for a new fashion line and brainwashing to the song "Relax".

Basically one elaborate joke about male modeling and all the vanity, emasculation, and fatuousness that attend it. Fortunately, it's a good joke.
    A sometimes inspired but sputtering parody of the fashion industry. It's desperate to please, yet never unzips the fancy pants of haute couture.
  3. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    Isn't always on the money, but when it is, it really is.