• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.2

1. Jan 17, 2013
    This is an amazing series. Everything about the charecters has improved, the jokes even better, and finnaly one of them is in a relationship! Also, the episode where Han pulls out a GUN(!) was pure comedy gold.
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    The first season, to me, was a mixed bag. It started out not very strong, not using the potential that was there. Luckily, the second half of the show was better, giving us some interesting plots and funny moments.
    I hoped they could take that verve to the second season, but having seen three episodes, I must say that I'm disappointed.
    They have even more characters in the show now than
    at the beginning of the first season, but they don't really know what to do with them.
    Instead of developing the characters, the show currently relies a lot on oneliners, many of them could come up in any sitcom.
    It all feels very played out even though it's just season 2. Most of the characters are still one note.
    How about coming up with more backstory for Max and Caroline? You can always introduce some people from Max's and Caroline's past. Family issues are always good material for comedy. Instead we get Caroline's father in jail giving us some "heartfelt" moments.
    What I find odd is that we still know hardly anything about Max, even though she's one of the leads. Why is that? There are four more regulars in the show and only half of them have something to do.
    That plot arc with Oleg and Sophie was ok, but it now feels stale. He's horny and she's a tramp, we get it.
    Han Lee, the owner of the diner isn't an interesting character and it feels like there is almost no use for him. The worst thing, I must say, is what they did with Garret Morris. Why is he in this show? Just to have someone of color present? Ok, if he needs the money, keep him in the show by all means, but give the man something to do! It's depressing seeing him sit there and having about 2 lines per episode. He deserves better!
    All in all, the show has the potential, but it needs better writing and fresh ideas. For now, it's not enough to call it a good show.
  3. Jun 17, 2013
    Season 1 was a 7.7/10 but season 2 is a 8.6/10 and it had better stuff in it, I honestly cannot say more. But I obviously have to so I I can fill a 150 characters lol.
  4. Aug 15, 2013
    10 out of 10, a comedy thats based on 2 young women trying to stand on their own feet, I also love the title 2 broke girls, its adorable and hilarious, Im absolutely looking forward to watching the 3. season. (I just dont like this American-Korean stereotype and jokes about him being small all the time..it was ok for 3-4 times but please)
  5. Feb 5, 2014
    Love this show, love the one liners, Max and Caroline make a great team. The whole show is a pleasure to watch, I look forward to Monday nights..... And I agree with the person who said people who gave this show a bad review just don't get the humor, a little bit of sarcastic adult humor, some great adult one liners, you need to get the humor to love the show, its not for kids, its for the adult with a quirky sarcastic sense of humor. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 1, 2012
    The endless sex jokes, most of them uttered expertly by deadpan Dennings to bubbly Behrs, are a pain. [12 Nov 2012, p.45]