2 Broke Girls : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6
7.5

1. Dec 14, 2014
    i loove this show. it somehow shows me what friendships, relationships are. and also the real deal about business, and lame economies. Kat and Beth really rocks it. i dont care you people who dont understand jokes. i love this show. salute
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    One of my favorite sitcoms, the serie is really amazing, the cast, wow, awesome, Kat Dennings have an amazing performance as Max Black, and the relation between the two principal characters are amazing.
  3. Apr 21, 2012
    This is one of my favorite shows. I loved how the personalities of the two characters. I loved their sarcasm. For me, this is way better than New Girl, that is also a good sitcom.
  4. Apr 23, 2012
    2 Broke Girls is a great show, i just started watching it and i think it is hilarious, so many of you people just seem to pick apart every bit of the show instead of just watching it the whole thing. Max has a hilarious personality and the things she says and does is because thats how her character is supposed to be, a sarcastic **** its funny. Zoeys new show New Girl is also another good2 Broke Girls is a great show, i just started watching it and i think it is hilarious, so many of you people just seem to pick apart every bit of the show instead of just watching it the whole thing. Max has a hilarious personality and the things she says and does is because thats how her character is supposed to be, a sarcastic **** its funny. Zoeys new show New Girl is also another good show that started up, also really funny.. Keep then going! Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2012
    This show is just amazing! It's really funny, it reminds us of the 90's sitcoms (and in my point of view this is excellent!). It may be kind of shallow for those who dislike stereotypes but guys just face it! Life is full of stereotypes and this show makes pretty a big deal of judging them!!!!
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    Personally I felt the apparent simplicity of the comedy was one of the best bits of the show. It's straight forward and to the point, and expertly delivered by the main characters; both of which are relatable and like able. I loved it. It's one of few sitcoms which I've watched because I enjoyed it as opposed to it being all that was on or merely ok.
  7. Sep 21, 2011
    I admit the brunette is very much like a younger version of my old roommate, so that felt real enough. But thank god I'm not an actor otherwise I'd have to constantly be an ethnic stereotype in order to live (and that's a little sad to me). The handful of sitcoms I normally watch aren't the standard/archaic format (Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny), so I was instantly annoyedI admit the brunette is very much like a younger version of my old roommate, so that felt real enough. But thank god I'm not an actor otherwise I'd have to constantly be an ethnic stereotype in order to live (and that's a little sad to me). The handful of sitcoms I normally watch aren't the standard/archaic format (Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny), so I was instantly annoyed by the pace and the laugh track. I want to like it, but that's just not enough to call it good. Ultimately, it's not something I'll keep watching when there's so many other things to see an not much time to do it in. I've already lowered my standards on a couple other mid-range shows so this one's not going to make the cut. 5/10 because the writing had some snap and the brunette is fun to watch. Expand
  8. Jan 11, 2012
    The T.V. show is rough and it is sometimes a little perv, but it makes me laugh, indeed, it is ironic, funny, hilarious, but it fails in the lines. It makes you curious.
  9. Sep 27, 2011
    I chuckled at the pilot, and thought I'd check out episode #2. I'm done with this one already. This is just a typical sitcom with lame, forced jokes, an over-the-top laugh track and not one character worth caring about. Kinda sad to Garrett Morris just sitting there, being fed a weak line or two.
  10. Sep 19, 2011
    I loved this show. Kat is hot and fresh!
    The entire show was funny.....great cast was great. I watched Two and a half men and it was just ok.
    This show has a new perspective on comdey and I liked the interaction of the two girls.
    I am excited for next week!
  11. Sep 22, 2011
    When I heard about this show I didn't expect much given the fact it stared Kat Dennings. I thought to myself "oh great, another formulaic CBS comedy staring one of my least favorite actresses". Well all of that was true and more.From the get go it was a failed attempt at humor. Kat Dennings was as annoying and lifeless as ever. Her jokes about hipsters were so excruciating I would haveWhen I heard about this show I didn't expect much given the fact it stared Kat Dennings. I thought to myself "oh great, another formulaic CBS comedy staring one of my least favorite actresses". Well all of that was true and more.From the get go it was a failed attempt at humor. Kat Dennings was as annoying and lifeless as ever. Her jokes about hipsters were so excruciating I would have rather my eyeballs be gouged with rusty forks and my ears be hacked off by a dull knife. Not to mention that joke set up some glaring hypocrisies. For example when she got back to her apartment her unrealistic boyfriend's band mates were as equally as hipster as the two people in the restaurant (BTW have you even seen how hipster Kat Dennings is despite her attempts to refute that point). Then the shows premise was executed horribly, meaning the rich and poor stereotypes were atrocious. All of this could have been forgiven. The show could have displayed something to make me want to come back and watch it again but it didn't. The shows format is far from original as are all of CBS' shows. Series like Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother can get away with this because they have the writing to back it up. However with 2 Broke Girls I saw another dud that I hope gets canceled but probably won't. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    I absolutely adore this show. I never miss an episode. As a college student this show makes my Monday nights much more enjoyable and makes me laugh the entire half hour. I love it.
  13. Oct 25, 2011
    Going for every obvious joke in the book, the first season of Two Broke Girls provides light entertainment, but nothing more. Two charismatic lead actresses are the main advantage of an otherwise mediocre show which cannot hope to match established comedies like How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory, and even if it closely trumps Two And A Half Men, it is far from being a must-see show.
  14. Jan 12, 2014
    2 Broke Girls is an incredibly bad sitcom. Honestly, it is surprising, even upsetting, that this show has survived this long with such great publicity when so many other good sitcoms get cancelled so quickly. Nothing about this show is good, or even decent. The actors are terrible at delivering jokes, but the writing is so bad it would not make much of a difference if they were good. Worse2 Broke Girls is an incredibly bad sitcom. Honestly, it is surprising, even upsetting, that this show has survived this long with such great publicity when so many other good sitcoms get cancelled so quickly. Nothing about this show is good, or even decent. The actors are terrible at delivering jokes, but the writing is so bad it would not make much of a difference if they were good. Worse still, the two characters on the show that are the center of the entire series are the worst written and the most horribly acted. The only positive note I can add is that so many other people agree with me, it reaffirms my faith in the taste of the general public. Expand
  15. Dec 15, 2011
    This show could be so much better than it is. But unfortunately it just isn't. The two leads do a good job with what they are given, and have great chemistry. But unfortunately, the jokes are ALL about hipsters (outdated), and sex. Also, the laugh track is PAINFUL and as outdated as the hipster jokes.
  16. Feb 27, 2013
    Surprisingly it's better than I thought it would be. I can sense that the two girls are having fun while taping the show, which carries over onto their acting. Sometimes it's a bit too "pervy" for me, but that's just part of the show, in general it's a good show to watch and the two main characters make it work. THE only negative thing about it...is the Polish lady.....they need to get ridSurprisingly it's better than I thought it would be. I can sense that the two girls are having fun while taping the show, which carries over onto their acting. Sometimes it's a bit too "pervy" for me, but that's just part of the show, in general it's a good show to watch and the two main characters make it work. THE only negative thing about it...is the Polish lady.....they need to get rid of her, she's annoying as hell and for some reason write her part up to enter as if she's the star of the show? Hello, did I miss something there? Expand
  17. Jun 22, 2013
    The chemistry and contrast between the two main characters is certainly what makes the show what it is, yet there are too many common stereotypes (eg. the short Asian) and occasional racial slurs.
  18. Nov 9, 2013
    This show is very funny and entertaining, however one can only take so many Han short jokes. I like the different adventures the Caroline and max go on, however I feel the plot line is very repetitive.
  19. Jan 31, 2014
    Uncomfortably racist and shockingly dumb. This show seems deluded by the idea that humour is proportional to how loud the delivery is. Is this the worst CBS comedy to date? This reviewer thinks so.
  20. May 15, 2014
    This is a horrible show, nothing about it is funny. the one liners are rubbish, the entire set is typecast characters that don't have the personality of a single human being if you rubbed them together.

The actors don't bring anything to this show, although with the script they have I doubt they have the chance too. Similarly this show doesn't bring anything new to sitcom's. why anyone would want to watch this show when they could re-watch Friends or Coupling instead is beyond me.
  21. Owl
    Sep 23, 2011
    Really, critics LIKE this show? The writing was lame. Obvious jokes and conflicts. The leads do have charisma, but they are being fed TERRIBLE lines. And the ethnic stereotyping borders or reaches, the offensive level. The Chinese-American character calls himself Bryce Lee?! Really? Sigh.
  22. Oct 20, 2011
    Don't know why the critics love this. It's crap! I couldn't watch for longer than 15 minutes before I just got up and left the room. Honestly...and I'm not joking. Spongebob is funnier...Spongebob, and I stopped watching that YEARS ago. I agree with Owl and Stuie on pretty much every word they said. The jokes are so crappy it's not even funny. Like honestly, even in sitcoms people don'tDon't know why the critics love this. It's crap! I couldn't watch for longer than 15 minutes before I just got up and left the room. Honestly...and I'm not joking. Spongebob is funnier...Spongebob, and I stopped watching that YEARS ago. I agree with Owl and Stuie on pretty much every word they said. The jokes are so crappy it's not even funny. Like honestly, even in sitcoms people don't talk like these girls, with a new joke or sarcastic/"witty" comment EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTH. Saying New Girl is not as good is practically vulgar. At least there is some intelligent and original humor there. Not jokes that we can see coming from a mile away that make me just want to scream at the top of my lungs. Expand
  23. Sep 20, 2011
    The title "2 Broke Girls" is very appropriate because not only are the girls lacking money but they are also lacking substance. The only thing this show has going for it is Kat Dennings but with the predictable writing and forced jokes makes her seem less entertaining than golf. Just like every CBS comedy, with one exception, "2 Broke Girls" only gets its laughs be throwing 100 jokes atThe title "2 Broke Girls" is very appropriate because not only are the girls lacking money but they are also lacking substance. The only thing this show has going for it is Kat Dennings but with the predictable writing and forced jokes makes her seem less entertaining than golf. Just like every CBS comedy, with one exception, "2 Broke Girls" only gets its laughs be throwing 100 jokes at you and hoping for 5 to work. Due to it's unoriginality and lack of depth, I would be surpised if this show finishes season one. Expand
  24. Sep 24, 2011
    I couldn't sit through this train wreck long enough to meet the second broke girl! The jokes and the show itself were obnoxious . And kat dennings character didn't come across like a strong women, but more of a b'tch. Skip it, dont even bother watching the pilot. watch whitney instead!
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    I can't believe this show is a massive hit. Figures, the idiots of America watch mindless crap like 2.5 Men, America Idol, and Dancing with the Stars. The girls are not that bad to look at but they are very annoying characters. The jokes are terrible. The sexual innuendos are not at all funny and so unoriginal----I heard all these jokes in high school. Example: Girl 1: "I need a good 9I can't believe this show is a massive hit. Figures, the idiots of America watch mindless crap like 2.5 Men, America Idol, and Dancing with the Stars. The girls are not that bad to look at but they are very annoying characters. The jokes are terrible. The sexual innuendos are not at all funny and so unoriginal----I heard all these jokes in high school. Example: Girl 1: "I need a good 9 hours of sleep." Girl 2: "It looks like you need a good 9 incher." Seriously, WTF! The show is filled with these types of horrible innuendos, racist remarks (particularly at the expense of Asians), and unfunny jokes about hipsters. Expand
  26. Mar 22, 2012
    Just like New girl, I was expecting this to be good but it really isn't. It takes the "tell 100s of 'jokes' and hope some of them are actually funny" approach but too few of them are, and the laugh track is over the top. Its all just too forced. None of the characters are good, and its treatment of the Chinese guy is so close to actual racism I'm surprised the actor didn't throw down theJust like New girl, I was expecting this to be good but it really isn't. It takes the "tell 100s of 'jokes' and hope some of them are actually funny" approach but too few of them are, and the laugh track is over the top. Its all just too forced. None of the characters are good, and its treatment of the Chinese guy is so close to actual racism I'm surprised the actor didn't throw down the script and leave. Expand
  27. Sep 20, 2011
    i enjoy the first episode. interesting lead characters in my opinion. for the show,there are some funny moments and some not so funny moments. however, i see potential in this show. hopefully the writers can come up with some unpredictable jokes.
  28. Nov 1, 2011
    welll its a really good show funny and well written , there are a lot of things going on and its basically how the two girls react to being broke. its new yory and they are playing of all the broke jokes and well there is a horse in their house which is really dumb.
  29. Sep 26, 2011
    tried my hardest to make it to the first commercial, my wife loves Kat Dennings' since she was in Nick and Norahs infinite playlist, but this was terrible.

Simple formula, take 'friends', reduce cast to 2, have horrible forced and set up "jokes", pump laugh track = profit? they seem to think so, also she attempts to make fun of hipsters, has she seen herself?
  30. Oct 15, 2011
    Great thing about this new comedy show is that it got story structure for it to continue for at least em, to reach 4 seasons. Absolutely, the 2 lead characters got stunning charisma which enabled the show to enamour a huge audience. Some characters might need to develop more in order to become 'fully-functioning' characters but nonetheless Dennings and Behrs tandem is enough to solidifyGreat thing about this new comedy show is that it got story structure for it to continue for at least em, to reach 4 seasons. Absolutely, the 2 lead characters got stunning charisma which enabled the show to enamour a huge audience. Some characters might need to develop more in order to become 'fully-functioning' characters but nonetheless Dennings and Behrs tandem is enough to solidify the show. With its new concept and promising lead characters, this show might be a frontrunner in comedy television. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    There's so much potential here it kills me--a deep female friendship, raw humor about class, and a show that puts young women's sexuality dead center, rather than using it as visual spice, as in some cable series about bad-boy antiheroes.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    It promises to be a journey that should draw plenty of viewers.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 20, 2011
    It could be that, like a lot of sitcom pilots, Broke Girls is trying too hard. But when the jokes work, they're funny, so there's hope.