• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 6, 2001
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
7.9

1. Nov 18, 2010
    While redundant, the 24 screenwriters still produce action scenes of quality and stories that make our heart and stomach lurch. Yet this season failed on a few accounts, it did not go where last season left off and the character personalities were poorly drawn and maybe even boring and predictable. Anil Kapoor did a fantastic job (easily the best guest star ever on 24) and Gregory Itzin once again put up an incredible performance. Yet this season was different, still exciting with a bit of lackluster in it. Yet the greatest part of this season (or all of tv in general) was when jack bauer puts on his mask to assault, kidnap, and scare, a former president. Collapse
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    Though I was glad to see Chloe and Renee back, I have to admit - the rest of the cast did little to entertain me. I feel like 24 season eight must have had new writers. The final season paled in comparison to the previous 7. Maybe it was time to call it finished.
  3. Jul 1, 2013
    begining of this season, compare to previous ones was slow but ive got to tell you, final episodes have the best scenes you have ever seen on 24! specially kidnapping a former president scene.
  4. Aug 17, 2010
    Great season, easily on the top half of the show's best seasons. It began with a slow start with Jack Bauer making his return to CTU in New York, but as it progressed Bauer and company found themselves in the middle of another grave national threat. The cast and writers were fantastic as always.
  5. Sep 24, 2011
    I actually liked this season the best, even with the uninteresting characters. I thought it had a darker context and something other than nukes and bioweapons. The bigger picture was a lot better placed, and Jack is driven by vengeance instead of political crap. It's still a russians and arabs hate america thing but, stereotypically, they do.
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    While the "final" season started off really slow, it got way better after episode 4 and the show ended brilliantly. This season is also underrated too.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    You can never tell how the uneven days of 24 will vary in quality, but here's hoping the show keeps doing all the right things it does in these opening hours.
  2. That plot crystallizes through a pair of two-hour episodes, Sunday and Monday nights, and at times it crystallizes slowly.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Four immensely enjoyable hours. Alas, I can't speak to what happens during the remaining 20.