• Network: WB , The WB
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 1999
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.6

1. May 18, 2011
    Season 1 was pretty good and some good surprises. It was really awesome to see familiar characters from Buffy. It was also cool to see Cordelia grow as a person.
  2. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I cannot think of a better TV show that is based around vampires than Angel. The most moving part of season 1 is definitely when Doyle sacrifices himself to save Angel, Cordelia and a large group of Brachen's. Besides this episode, I thought that Angel cutting off Lindsay's hand was quite humorous. Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved this show, it made me laugh and cry. Now it's easier to understand if you've seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I think Joss did an amazing job with this show I love the plot twists, tho some break your heart they were good. I love Darla in this show, I was not a fan of her in Buffy, I also loved the character Doyle even tho he was only there for a short time. The Angel/Cordelia relationship really tugs at your heart strings. Connor really annoyed me at first but he ended well. I enjoyed the episode Why We Fight, mostly the name haha. I adored the character Lorne he was a sweetie, and a keeper throughout the show. I was sad that Gunn and Fred didn't stay together. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jun 28, 2013
    Besides its hulking, gloomy lead and self-absorbed-as-ever foil Cordelia, Angel also borrows Buffy's stylish thrills and its flashes of humor, sharp and surprising as teeth on your neck in a dark alley. Here's hoping it ultimately infuses more originality into the dynastic bloodline as well.
  2. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 27, 2013
    Given that there's no earthly reason for Angel besides the sex appeal of David Boreanaz, it looks like a pretty good show.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 13, 2013
    Some weeks, the series works beautifully, moving along like the otherworldly detective show it's meant to be. ... But other times Angel can tip too far into jokiness—or, worse, come off like a supernatural version of hollow USA Network shows such as Silk Stalkings.