• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
6.0

1. Jun 6, 2013
    I am so sick of the show right now, I won't even watch it any more. I like Sheen, his father, and Smith as leads and the rest of the cast is solid but the writing just hasn't gotten any better, If anything it's worst. End the season now (I believe its like 20 episodes in right now) and bring in a quality writer or two to the staff to boost the show for the third season.
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    If I rate the show regarding enjoyment it would get a zero because I don't enjoy it and I've stopped recording it. Why then do I watch it at all you ask? Because unfortunately it reflects the current mainstream society all too well so to rate it in that regard as life today in the US I would absolutely have to give it a 10; hence the “middle-of-the-road” rating for this review…

I teach

I teach physics for a living; specifically physics wave theory which explains echoes in canyons, ripples in ponds, and exactly why karma exists whether or not one consciously believes in karma or not... What an individual focuses on they receive short and sweet, period and end of sentence.

Actors personal lives very often reflect the parts they play; again thank you physics. Or the parts they play soon become embedded in their personal lives…This is not negotiable.

There is nothing ever wrong with casual partner sex; the problem is too many people are not honest about what is truly wanted. For example in this show Charlie’s therapist deeply desires a committed relationship from him yet tells him exactly the opposite; in other words she is lying to herself and to him. Charlie keeps telling his therapist that he wants a committed relationship (with someone), yet he is continually led around by his penis and not his heart looking for a committed relationship?? One reflects the other continuously.

Love to all always and in all ways...
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    Better than the first season, but still far from being great. Anger Management returns and I've found that the show has brought more laughs with it, but at the same time I still found myself groaning at some of the more sophomoric attempts at humor and the occasional poor delivery of the actors. You can tell the actors know how stupid there lines are at times because they don't put anyBetter than the first season, but still far from being great. Anger Management returns and I've found that the show has brought more laughs with it, but at the same time I still found myself groaning at some of the more sophomoric attempts at humor and the occasional poor delivery of the actors. You can tell the actors know how stupid there lines are at times because they don't put any effort into making them sound believable, and I know from their track records that the cast can act. That being said it's a drastic improvement over last season, but it could still use some work. Collapse
  4. Feb 4, 2013
    At its best two and a half men was the Beatles. Today it’s lamo McCartney pop, whereas Anger Management is still in the awkward phase of Lennon’s first albums. Middle-class hero indeed.
    Four episodes of season 2 have passed thus far, and we can make some conclusions. The current cast and dynamics of Anger management are thus far distorted reflections of the established 2.5 men formulae. The apparent love interest (Dr. Kate Wales) is Charlie himself from 2.5 Men a relation-phobic sex-enthusiast.
    Charlie’s profession is appropriately downscaled to reflect his real-life financial downscaling. The ‘when will they drop dead’ attitude to the parents is transposed onto Martin Sheen’s character.
    A coarser, meaner version of the castrating mother/Judith is Charlie’s sister, or at least the glimmer of her we saw up to now.
    Meek dude Nolan is a one-trait Allen if you remember Allen asking himself why he’s so turned on by angry women…
    Intolerant old fella is the gay-to-be dad of 2.5 Men Charlie’s love interest Chelsea.
    The mellow black neighbor is Rose but without an agenda. He’s another dead weight thus far, like the inmates, which for now are pieces of the décor, who chime in with their down-to-earth-trailer-trash aphorisms, the male choir whose lead is the waitress. The inmates are like a theoretically more regular version of Charlie’s poker-paying buddies.
    Berta is Bret the surly, hoarse, gutter-wise waitress.
    Instead of Jake we have twitchy, highly strung Sam.
    Charlie’s Anger Management ex-wife like Schwarzenegger’s Terminator a role crafted perfectly for her woodiness.
    Summary: where 2.5 Men started with a bang, with fleshed out characters from episode 1 minute 1, Anger Management is going for the slow buildup. Charlie and Dr. Wales and Charlie’s dad are the only characters thus far who look and feel like real people; everyone else is still in the ‘untapped resource’ category, and we can only hope that will get ‘tapped’ soon. There are hints of this happening. Intolerant Ed and Patrick are showing the first signs of turning into real characters. Nolan and Lacey and Sam and the ex-wife and everyone else still seem stuck in the position of appendages to one and one only character trait. I think (hope), that that is about to change.
  5. Jan 26, 2013
    "Current critic must be damaged in the head" 3 episodes in and I am anxious for the rest. I do not agree with the ratings, many more viewers these days are viewing sitcoms online, through streaming sites, etc. I think the group therapy scenes are second to none. The writing is improving, and the cast is clearly getting along well. Absolutely hilarious prison group scenes. If you hate"Current critic must be damaged in the head" 3 episodes in and I am anxious for the rest. I do not agree with the ratings, many more viewers these days are viewing sitcoms online, through streaming sites, etc. I think the group therapy scenes are second to none. The writing is improving, and the cast is clearly getting along well. Absolutely hilarious prison group scenes. If you hate Charlie Sheen, don't watch him, I loath Kutcher, and ignore 2 & 1/2 men. Therefore I am not planning on reviewing the show. Expand
  6. Jan 25, 2013
    Seriously, the current critic reviewer must be damaged in the head. 3 episode in and I can't wait for the rest. Charlie and co are on top form in this series, even more so than the first. Great writing and actual quality comedy!
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Chuck Bowen
    Jan 17, 2013
    The series is mostly a depressing slog, lacking even the calculated urgency that characterized the first season.