• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
5.1

1. Jul 20, 2012
    To me, all of the attempts at humor(dare I call them jokes) fall flat. This show gives off the vibe of being written for mass-consumption by an unthinking audience that will laugh at anything presented to them. Most of the humor on Anger management can be summed up in this way: "oh look at me, I'm doing something strange, time to laugh!" or a certain brand of humor that just oozes laziness. All of the jokes are extremely predictable to any discerning viewer. Charlie Sheen seems dull and uninterested and the rest of the cast give extremely mediocre performances. I give this show a 2/10 for somehow maintaining a person interested enough to point a camera at this travesty. Expand
  2. Sep 12, 2012
    Some funny moments but the show seemed a bit awkward. I'll probably watch it again to see if I can get into it but so far, not too impressed with the writing.
  3. Feb 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. The old, overexposed, boring laugh-tracked sitcom formula is here. And it isn't even the third biggest problem with Anger Management. It just lacks everything. Collapse
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    It's just tiresome. Charlie doesn't work as a lead character and definitely not as some chick-magnet looking as old as he does. It's almost as if he's perpetually stuck in some sort of mid-life crisis. Everyone else is just a stereotype and completely one-dimensional. They're constantly firing off 'jokes' for some cheap laughs, which are only provided by a laugh track. There is a lot of potential, especially with characters like Kate's fear of commitment and expanding the back story of the ex-wife and kid. Each other character in the group can easily be expanded on as well, adding some depth, making me believe they are actual people rather than cardboard imitations of them.

There is just no reason to care for what these characters are doing or saying. It's the most shallow series I've seen to date. The only reason this is on the air is because Comedy Central bought 100(?) episodes when Charlie Sheen was still 'a thing' during the final days on Two and a Half Men and his subsequent lay-off due to his substance abuse. There are better ways to spend your time than watching 'Anger Management'.
  5. Jun 30, 2012
    Didn't laugh one time and don't understand how this is on the same network as Wilfred and Louie. Obviously they don't care about how good this one is compared to their other shows.
  6. Jul 1, 2012
    Sheen a mental makeover specialist? Sheen with a grown daughter? GIMME A BIG BREAK! Summation of how lousy the show was-------My wife turned it off before it was over. AND she was a HUGE fan of the ORIGINAL 2 and a half men. Better idea: Sheen is a sex addict and GOES to a psychiatrist etc etc BUT doesn't makeout with her.
  7. Jul 3, 2012
    I'm glad a zero is possible; this show deserves it. I managed about 15 minutes before I had to bail. I didn't laugh, and can't understand why anyone would.
  8. Jul 11, 2012
    This show would be total garbage if not for the formulaic drivel. But, on the bright side, at least it has a laugh track. Otherwise, I may not have awoken from my dumbfounded zombie trance. A terrible waste of time and talent.
  9. Aug 19, 2012
    Unfunny and unnecessary. Charlie Sheen can barely act, the "jokes" are terrible and the show in general doesn't make any sense. Nothing more to add.
  10. Aug 27, 2012
    I've seen every episode, I don't know why. Maybe I'm trying to give Charlie Sheen a chance over and over again. But there's no other way of saying it: This is a bad, unfunny show. Charlie Sheen as a psychotherapist? Who buys into this crap? And having the daughter have an OCD for, like, a funny quirk? Ugh. Makes me sick. And Shawnee Smith, who I like, in yet another role as an ex wife? Really?
    Why is Selma Blair in this show? I like her, but does anyone think that she's got comedic talent?
    Did they cast Brett Buttler merely as a stab at Chuck Lorre?
    Anyway, I can only say: Stay away from this show. I thought, Charlie Sheen and the writers would turn it around, somehow. But it didn't happen.
    I give the show 1 Point for sporadically making me laugh. But there's so much even cringeworthy unfunny stuff in there that makes me wanna fast forward in an half an hour show.
  11. Jul 3, 2012
    This show is terrible, and the worst part about it is the ratings, are people really tuning in to this garbage??? NOT funny at all. I did not laugh once the entire time I watched it. Charlie Sheen should quit is day job.
  12. Jun 29, 2012
    Derivitive Horse crap. Speaking of horses someone should take the lazy writers, nay everyone involved with this trainwreck and put them out of our misery. To call it a trainwreck is unfair to trainwrecks. At least one is compelled to look at a trainwreck. This schticky, contrived, cliched scrambled vomit is an insult to the other quality comedies on FX.
  13. Jul 4, 2012
    Much better than two and a half retards. Way much better. I think it has great potential. Only time will tell, which is way I have set for recording. I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of Charlie sheen, but I think he has no competition in as a tv comedian actor at this moment.
  14. Aug 3, 2012
    I was following the show but I'm not into gay entertainment. Wish you hadn't gone there. That really disappointed me. You need better writers. I'm out. No more Anger Management for me

1. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    Sheen and Bruce Helford ("The Drew Carey Show") have conspired here to create a show completely free of ambition to be anything except a showcase for Charlie Sheen.
  2. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Jun 28, 2012
    The accomplishment here is that tight writing and editing, a solid cast with good timing and Mr. Sheen's chops as the ne plus ultra of sitcom performers, make the whole thing feel, if not entirely fresh-then crisp.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Jun 28, 2012
    Now that finished episodes are out there, we can tell you that it's not great.