• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
5.1

1. Jul 12, 2012
    this show was best ever i mean charlie sheen back but use same character flaws as chatlie harper on two and half men only thing is he loving father and he therapist and divorce but overall he still so funny i hope this show get more popular that it better then old show which he got kick off from.
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    The show picked up rather slow but at the end of episode ten, it surprisingly left me wanting more as the chemistry between the characters started to develop. I'm certainly glad that FX decided to pick up the show for 90 more episodes, as this means that the series will definitely have the budget to hire a few more talented writers to figure out which direction this show should take.

As
    it currently stands, one major improvement to the show would be to get Sheen off the cocaine. He needs to gain ten to twenty pounds, bring some colour back to his face, and stop being so damn twitchy. I think this alone is a major reason as to why so many people gave this show poor ratings. He's a brilliant actor and plays his role very well, most certainly one of my favourite actors, but only when he doesn't look and act like a crackhead.

Anyways, I'm giving this show a 10 because of all the haters here. I would honestly rate it a 7 though after sitting through the first season. It has the potential to be a 9+ if it can bring the laughs and if Sheen gets his **** together.
  3. Jun 30, 2012
    ...sure the show has room for improvement... but its hardly derivative... need to see where they take it... and I'd rate it just for bringing Charlie Sheen back!
  4. Feb 6, 2013
    One of the best shows i have seen in a while. couldn't stop laughing. i like every single actor and in my opinion they are doing a really good job. especially Charlie!
  5. Jul 5, 2013
    I think the show is Great, Too Bad Selma is going she was hot in the show. Well, Charlie get somebody hotter, How about a redhead An old fling for the Anger Management guy, or another psycho girl with destructive tendencies to help focus the character of Mr Goodson or bring Denise Richard for another Cameo she was always great!
  6. Jun 29, 2012
    Thought it was fantastic for being the first two shows out the gate. The cast is well rounded with some much loved actors such as Brett Butler & Barry Corbin plus other familiar faces. It's nice to see something familiar. Let's face it, you either like Charlie Sheen or you don't. I happen to be someone that loves watching him and this comedy hit all the right marks. Loved it...absolutely loved it. I'm sure after a season is under their belt, this comedy will be one to watch every time it comes on in that same addictive quality that 2 1/2 Men had. Those expecting it to be 2 1/2 Men 2.0 should really move on.... Expand
  7. Jul 10, 2012
    I feel it was a very good, but always room for improvement. Those people that rated 0 or 1 because it didn't make them laugh, glad I'm not you. You should find a program on Discovery that helps you find a sense of humor. This is not Two and half men, that show end when they fired Charlie! I think all the actors or actresses played very well. My friends at work and I enjoyed it, I personally LMAO! So give it a season and it will be up on the top of the charts! Expand
  8. Jun 29, 2012
    It´s good and plenty room to get even better. I am a sitcom addict, i know nearly every comedy show. This is in no way a mixture of other shows. yeah, maybe the environment is and the daughter looks like the one from who´s the boss and got the same name, but that´s all about the copying. the jokes are Charlie Sheen style and better than in Two and a Half Man. I think it´s because Sheen got more to say here. I never liked the art of how they handled it in Chuck Lorre productions. Too many laughs when nothing funny has been said. but in here, every third joke stings and is kinda new. i laughed a lot. I recommend this show with a 7 and it might climb up to a 8 if they go more radical in further episodes 7 seasons.. (most times they do so while the ideas run out) In my opinion, this show has the potential to be better than tahm in it´s best times. For now (after two episodes) i see this on the same level as tahm now is, but with newer ideas and better jokes. Need to get familiar with a bunch of unfresh looking faces though...lol Expand
  9. Dec 26, 2013
    Haha! Finally I've found a show that I like. Please watch this, you're not going to be disappointed. Not even one bit. Especially if you're a Charlie Sheen fan.
  10. Aug 3, 2012
    A good idea that could use a lot of work. Anger Management has all the good qualities of a good show except one, good writing. The cast is fantastic, and it's pretty funny at times, but it rarely ever makes you do more than chuckle. It does have one or two moments where I've laughed out loud, but the writers don;t really do as much with the humor as they could, so in the end your always left wanting more. To make it worse you know the cast can do more but are hindered by the at times downright unfunny and slow writing. It honestly feels like a waste of such good talent. Like I said it can bring some laughs, so I'm going to continue to watch it, and hope the writers learn to bring more laughs and play to their actors strengths. All in all it's a decent show that, given how great the actors are, could and should be a lot better. Expand
  11. Jun 28, 2012
    Charlie Sheen is great, Shawnee Smith is a good leading actress as well and works well with Sheen. Despite that though, It's off to a rough start and it has come off as a rather generic sitcom so far. I am willing to give it a few episodes to get better though, It has a lot of potential.
  12. Sep 3, 2012
    Charlie Sheen has always been an actor that I have loved because he just knows how to make a sitcom work which is why he has a Golden Globe for acting in Spin City. Having said that this show isn't exactly starting off in the right direction but I am willing to give it a another season to broaden my likability for this show. Charlie Sheen is still wonderful as usual and Shawnee Smith is also another great lead actress but the other co-stars kind of slow this show down. After the first season I give it a 6 because it was good enough for me to watch the entire season. Watch some reruns when it comes back for a second season. Expand
  13. Jul 6, 2012
    Charlie Sheen is good but there is no other character which helps him carry the show. It is somewhat similar to two and half men but not that good .Hopefully the will add some more characters and there is definitely potential to get better. For now,Its about average.
  14. Jul 8, 2012
    This is not as funny as the first seasons of Two and a half man ,but it is a good chance to charlie sheen to continue making people laugh with his black humor ,despite some campy jokes and the ''I have already seen it'' feeling this is a medium tv show
  15. Jul 10, 2012
    I thought the show was not great by any means but it is always great to see Charlie Sheen on my screen. Check out the rest of my review at http://theepreview.blogspot.com/ Have a great day!
  16. Jul 5, 2012
    Not as bad as I thought it would be, better than Two and a Half Men version two. But still not great. I may watch a few episodes and see where it goes.
  17. Sep 1, 2013
    At first it was pretty funny for about the first few episodes, then after a while, it starts to be unfunny and lacks a good story structure it had. Overall, just another sitcom with "Winning" Charlie Sheen.
  18. May 27, 2013
    Esta serie marco el regreso de Charlie Sheen, a su nueva serie "Anger Management". Esta temporada me parecio medio mala, con chistes tontos y pocas risas.
  19. Jul 20, 2012
    To me, all of the attempts at humor(dare I call them jokes) fall flat. This show gives off the vibe of being written for mass-consumption by an unthinking audience that will laugh at anything presented to them. Most of the humor on Anger management can be summed up in this way: "oh look at me, I'm doing something strange, time to laugh!" or a certain brand of humor that just oozes laziness. All of the jokes are extremely predictable to any discerning viewer. Charlie Sheen seems dull and uninterested and the rest of the cast give extremely mediocre performances. I give this show a 2/10 for somehow maintaining a person interested enough to point a camera at this travesty. Expand
  20. Sep 12, 2012
    Some funny moments but the show seemed a bit awkward. I'll probably watch it again to see if I can get into it but so far, not too impressed with the writing.
  21. Feb 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The old, overexposed, boring laugh-tracked sitcom formula is here. And it isn't even the third biggest problem with Anger Management. It just lacks everything. Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2014
    It's just tiresome. Charlie doesn't work as a lead character and definitely not as some chick-magnet looking as old as he does. It's almost as if he's perpetually stuck in some sort of mid-life crisis. Everyone else is just a stereotype and completely one-dimensional. They're constantly firing off 'jokes' for some cheap laughs, which are only provided by a laugh track. There is a lot of potential, especially with characters like Kate's fear of commitment and expanding the back story of the ex-wife and kid. Each other character in the group can easily be expanded on as well, adding some depth, making me believe they are actual people rather than cardboard imitations of them.

There is just no reason to care for what these characters are doing or saying. It's the most shallow series I've seen to date. The only reason this is on the air is because Comedy Central bought 100(?) episodes when Charlie Sheen was still 'a thing' during the final days on Two and a Half Men and his subsequent lay-off due to his substance abuse. There are better ways to spend your time than watching 'Anger Management'.
  23. Jun 30, 2012
    Didn't laugh one time and don't understand how this is on the same network as Wilfred and Louie. Obviously they don't care about how good this one is compared to their other shows.
  24. Jul 1, 2012
    Sheen a mental makeover specialist? Sheen with a grown daughter? GIMME A BIG BREAK! Summation of how lousy the show was-------My wife turned it off before it was over. AND she was a HUGE fan of the ORIGINAL 2 and a half men. Better idea: Sheen is a sex addict and GOES to a psychiatrist etc etc BUT doesn't makeout with her.
  25. Jul 3, 2012
    I'm glad a zero is possible; this show deserves it. I managed about 15 minutes before I had to bail. I didn't laugh, and can't understand why anyone would.
  26. Jul 11, 2012
    This show would be total garbage if not for the formulaic drivel. But, on the bright side, at least it has a laugh track. Otherwise, I may not have awoken from my dumbfounded zombie trance. A terrible waste of time and talent.
  27. Aug 19, 2012
    Unfunny and unnecessary. Charlie Sheen can barely act, the "jokes" are terrible and the show in general doesn't make any sense. Nothing more to add.
  28. Aug 27, 2012
    I've seen every episode, I don't know why. Maybe I'm trying to give Charlie Sheen a chance over and over again. But there's no other way of saying it: This is a bad, unfunny show. Charlie Sheen as a psychotherapist? Who buys into this crap? And having the daughter have an OCD for, like, a funny quirk? Ugh. Makes me sick. And Shawnee Smith, who I like, in yet another role as an ex wife? Really?
    Why is Selma Blair in this show? I like her, but does anyone think that she's got comedic talent?
    Did they cast Brett Buttler merely as a stab at Chuck Lorre?
    Anyway, I can only say: Stay away from this show. I thought, Charlie Sheen and the writers would turn it around, somehow. But it didn't happen.
    I give the show 1 Point for sporadically making me laugh. But there's so much even cringeworthy unfunny stuff in there that makes me wanna fast forward in an half an hour show.
  29. Jul 3, 2012
    This show is terrible, and the worst part about it is the ratings, are people really tuning in to this garbage??? NOT funny at all. I did not laugh once the entire time I watched it. Charlie Sheen should quit is day job.
  30. Jun 29, 2012
    Derivitive Horse crap. Speaking of horses someone should take the lazy writers, nay everyone involved with this trainwreck and put them out of our misery. To call it a trainwreck is unfair to trainwrecks. At least one is compelled to look at a trainwreck. This schticky, contrived, cliched scrambled vomit is an insult to the other quality comedies on FX.
  31. Jul 4, 2012
    Much better than two and a half retards. Way much better. I think it has great potential. Only time will tell, which is way I have set for recording. I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of Charlie sheen, but I think he has no competition in as a tv comedian actor at this moment.
  32. Aug 3, 2012
    I was following the show but I'm not into gay entertainment. Wish you hadn't gone there. That really disappointed me. You need better writers. I'm out. No more Anger Management for me

1. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    Sheen and Bruce Helford ("The Drew Carey Show") have conspired here to create a show completely free of ambition to be anything except a showcase for Charlie Sheen.
  2. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Jun 28, 2012
    The accomplishment here is that tight writing and editing, a solid cast with good timing and Mr. Sheen's chops as the ne plus ultra of sitcom performers, make the whole thing feel, if not entirely fresh-then crisp.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Jun 28, 2012
    Now that finished episodes are out there, we can tell you that it's not great.