• Network: FX , FXX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 14, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.0

1. Apr 13, 2012
    All preface by saying this show is not for everyone. In fact, it's probably not for most people. The humor is sophomoric (incredibly so sometimes) and the jokes can be a bit repetitive. That said, this is my favorite comedy on TV. It's hard to review comedy, as plot, characters, location, etc... all essentially don't matter to me. Sure the music is good and the voice acting is wonderful,All preface by saying this show is not for everyone. In fact, it's probably not for most people. The humor is sophomoric (incredibly so sometimes) and the jokes can be a bit repetitive. That said, this is my favorite comedy on TV. It's hard to review comedy, as plot, characters, location, etc... all essentially don't matter to me. Sure the music is good and the voice acting is wonderful, but the real barometer, and the one that earns this show a '9' from me, is "does it make me laugh?" The answer: more than any other show on TV. Archer is hilarious. Season 1 is simply outstanding. Watch a single episode and if you like it and the jokes resonate with you, than you'll be in for a great season of TV! Collapse
  2. Jan 25, 2012
    Easily one of the best shows on T.V. right now. It's just too bad there's so much time in between seasons but that does make it better because of the anticipation. The animation is really nicely done and the characters are excellent. The season 3 premiere was this last week and, while that may have been one of the weaker episodes, the series as whole is something to appreciate for it'sEasily one of the best shows on T.V. right now. It's just too bad there's so much time in between seasons but that does make it better because of the anticipation. The animation is really nicely done and the characters are excellent. The season 3 premiere was this last week and, while that may have been one of the weaker episodes, the series as whole is something to appreciate for it's outstanding humor and wonderful characters. Give it a chance and it'll grow on you fast. Expand
  3. Jul 22, 2011
    Where did this come from??? Late one night on one of the back end channels on Sky I accidentally stumble across 20mins of absolutely scream out loud TV gold. Having just finished all 10 episodes of season one (yes I went straight out and bought it the next morning) I can safely say that this is now the show I declare 'the funniest show on TV'... and without any hesitation. I can't evenWhere did this come from??? Late one night on one of the back end channels on Sky I accidentally stumble across 20mins of absolutely scream out loud TV gold. Having just finished all 10 episodes of season one (yes I went straight out and bought it the next morning) I can safely say that this is now the show I declare 'the funniest show on TV'... and without any hesitation. I can't even look at a picture of show lead 'Sterling Archer' now without laughing to myself. The shows premise is simple; Archer is the main secret agent at his 'mothers' international spy agency ISIS. The remainder of the cast is made up of ISIS employees. The agency itself is supposed to be professional, but a control freak nymphomaniac mother, a hot empowered ex girlfriend spy, a wimpy sex addict accountant, a weird strangle obsessed secretary, a butch can't keep her mouth shut HR officer, and numerous other hilarious characters all make a day at ISIS utterly compelling viewing. The star of the show however, and without question, is Archer himself, (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin who does an amazing job, as do the rest of the ensemble cast) a self obsessed, womanising, hard drinking, spy with a habit of bragging about how good a 'secret agent' he is. Archer is adult comedy at its absolute best. It's crude and offensive, but above all charming. The zingers come thick and fast, and no episode outstays its welcome. This animation party has just been gate crashed, and for me, Archer now finds itself as 'head boy'. Brilliant... Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2011
    I find this show absolutely hilarious. The animation is well done but really, its the writing and the voice talent that sells the product. Even the secondary characters are fun to watch. I watched it as it aired on FX and then when they released to season on iTunes, I pulled it down to watch it again. To have repeat view ability is pretty impressive.
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    The first season was an absolute 10/10. Season 2 was a 9/10, and this season has been a 7 or 8/10. I've sort of come to expect that they'll never re-capture that awesome first season, and just enjoy the show for what it is. The inside jokes/background is nice; I feel like the writers make an effort to connect with their fans in ways no one has before. For anyone wanting to get into theThe first season was an absolute 10/10. Season 2 was a 9/10, and this season has been a 7 or 8/10. I've sort of come to expect that they'll never re-capture that awesome first season, and just enjoy the show for what it is. The inside jokes/background is nice; I feel like the writers make an effort to connect with their fans in ways no one has before. For anyone wanting to get into the show, I don't think you really can unless you go back and watch the entire series. Expand
  6. Jan 24, 2013
    Started watching it with low expectations and was rather happy that it far exceeded expectations. It's a very funny show and if you like the ranchy style humor then you will love it.
  7. Jan 6, 2011
    "James Bond meets Arrested development" - Adam Reed. My favorite movies and tv show merge into one of the best animations I have ever seen, what else can I ask for?
  8. May 7, 2011
    I Was a little skeptical about the show at first, but the first episode totally sucked me in. This is a witty animated comedy that no one interested in this genre should pass up. Archer is hilarious, and his supporting cast is also.
  9. Oct 20, 2011
    This show is completely hilarious and a lot of fun to watch, every episode had me rolling on the floor, the season finale was a little disappointing but it's was still hilarious, I highly recommend watching.
  10. Dec 13, 2012
    Can't get enough of that show. It's fun, it's full of black humor and so crazy it hurts. You get to love all the characters. There is a "logic" continuity from show to shows so you need to start with the first episode...
  11. Sep 10, 2013
    Wow....Just, wow. I thought I was sick of cartoon comedies for adults. But god dang it, around the third episode, this show won me over. Hilarious and enjoyable for a lot of people. Younger viewers should be wary, as it is offensive and crude humor. But for anyone who doesn't mind the more dark and sometimes just down right insulting jokes, you'll have a lot of fun watching this.
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    Ive seen a lot of different tv comedies and this is by far the most shocking and disgusting one ever. Every episode pushes the show to a new insane stage of grotesqueness, and i love it!
  13. Mar 6, 2014
    I have seen all episodes of Family Guy & Futurama, most of South Park, and I have to say this show beats them out because they have a cast that love recording the show as much as they do watching it, this show should last a long time.
  14. Apr 19, 2014
    Easily one of the funniest animated shows with plot. Each episode is hilarious. The cast is perfect and it's just so funny. Each episode leaves you wanting more.
  15. Sep 1, 2014
    Archer is one of the rare tv show that has action,humour,nudity that is still good to watch.The characters are really funny the designs is really good and the jokes are funny.
  16. Mar 20, 2015
    The First season of Archer sets up the characters and the stories it has to tell. The only majorly bad thing I'll point out right away is how drastically Pam changes by season 2ish. Her as well as Carol, which I'm not even sure was her name during this season. However despite this minor complaint, this first season is filled to the brim with good laughs and interesting characters. I swearThe First season of Archer sets up the characters and the stories it has to tell. The only majorly bad thing I'll point out right away is how drastically Pam changes by season 2ish. Her as well as Carol, which I'm not even sure was her name during this season. However despite this minor complaint, this first season is filled to the brim with good laughs and interesting characters. I swear I've gone back and watched this season at least twice, and they really came in strong with the first episode. As a whole, I'd say this season is completely worth buying in a box set. Enjoyable through and through, with or without the company of others. Expand
  17. WJS
    Mar 11, 2016
    Hilarious show that seems to get funnier with each season. It's always outrageous and uses great guest stars (along with the regulars), to voice absurd characters. It makes for terrific binge watching.
  18. AzizD
    Jan 24, 2010
    I am a 23 y.o. male, and i grew up with Southpark, and Family Guy. but This Show is so Far past the Idiacrocy that made those two Funny for me. The Language is a lttle stronge for Kids, but i have not seen anything this Great in a long Time. I literally have Teared from laughing so Hard. This is one of the greatest animation adult comedies i have ever seen... I am Literally Looking I am a 23 y.o. male, and i grew up with Southpark, and Family Guy. but This Show is so Far past the Idiacrocy that made those two Funny for me. The Language is a lttle stronge for Kids, but i have not seen anything this Great in a long Time. I literally have Teared from laughing so Hard. This is one of the greatest animation adult comedies i have ever seen... I am Literally Looking forward to every episode. Keep up the Great work. Expand
  19. Jan 5, 2012
    Archer is a great show, the writing is excellent and the characters are hilarious. It's really well made and I'm surprised it's not more famous. It's provoking and controversial right up there with Family Guy, with a lot more developed sense of humor and intriguing plot lines. A great show that hopefully will live on for a long time, but knowing the appreciation for great TV series amongArcher is a great show, the writing is excellent and the characters are hilarious. It's really well made and I'm surprised it's not more famous. It's provoking and controversial right up there with Family Guy, with a lot more developed sense of humor and intriguing plot lines. A great show that hopefully will live on for a long time, but knowing the appreciation for great TV series among executives (Arrested Development is one example) this series will most likely burn out instead of fade away, even though we can all hope for the opposite. Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2015
    Extremely boring. Its basically a "shock value" type show that revolves around vulgar topics just for the hell of it. Just empty writing to fill up time but it is not done very well. Other shows use shock value cleverly and in select spots to change the tone but this show is the same tone all the way through making it utterly boring. Writing is not smart at all and after watching 5Extremely boring. Its basically a "shock value" type show that revolves around vulgar topics just for the hell of it. Just empty writing to fill up time but it is not done very well. Other shows use shock value cleverly and in select spots to change the tone but this show is the same tone all the way through making it utterly boring. Writing is not smart at all and after watching 5 episodes, I felt like I was back in junior high school. I didn't fit in back then either because I just couldnt make myself that dumb no matter how hard I tried. Back then I just came off as condescending and now that i think back on it, I am glad I put those idiots in this place and that I did not fit into their groups. I am sure it has an audience, but that audience is definitely not someone with 2 (or more) brain cells that still work. Expand
  21. KimR
    May 28, 2010
    Best show ever!!!
  22. ChrisC
    Jan 17, 2010
    I tried to watch the show a couple times. I couldn't stand the stereotypical main character or the obnoxious sophmoric humor at all.
  23. JB
    Jan 16, 2010
    So far this show is crap...a complete rip off of their earlier work of frisky Dingo but with less imagination, and unlike sealab I dont think this will grow on you. The only rememberable thing from the first two episodes is the YUP from Lana, other than that I say late to the show. You might think this is funny if you have never watched adult swim
  24. Feb 16, 2012
    I've watched this show straight and I've watched it stoned. I can't find the channel changer fast enough..void of humor...maybe its the voices that made me cringe...but I would rather pay to see pigeons f%*k than to waste my time with this show..
  25. mathewidicula1979
    Jan 15, 2010
    I would like to like this show more, and the fist two shows do show promise and some funny moments, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the season. But really there is nothing new about this show.
  26. WaltM
    Jan 15, 2010
    Great premise, good start with a few low points in the dialogue. Should improve with age. If writing and graphics are not fully supported it could deteriorate quickly.
  27. WillC
    Jan 15, 2010
    This show had me crying tears dropping from my eyes the whole time the only thing that saved me from dieing was the commercials i couldnt sleep after seeing it i was in my bed staring at the wall remebering every single part and i would just laugh my mom kept screaming at me to go to sleep i couldnt hilarious show HILARIOUS!
  28. Sep 4, 2011
    This show is now that funny, a bit slow, and the stories are very very dry. I really do not see what people see in it. The main character I would describe as, annoying, and just makes me want to hate the show because it is about him. The lack of a strong story also makes be able to turn off the show any time.
  29. Jun 23, 2013
    If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserveIf you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. Expand
  30. Mar 3, 2014
    I like Archer a lot. The writers of the series are smart, unabashedly nerdy, and have a great handle on how to mix plot and character development, and a series of successful one-liners into a 20+ minute television package. It's one of the few shows that people my age like universally (18-34) and are able to quote at the drop of a dime. All that said, I'm not really sure what they're doingI like Archer a lot. The writers of the series are smart, unabashedly nerdy, and have a great handle on how to mix plot and character development, and a series of successful one-liners into a 20+ minute television package. It's one of the few shows that people my age like universally (18-34) and are able to quote at the drop of a dime. All that said, I'm not really sure what they're doing with Season 5.

The chemistry they established between characters in the previous three seasons was great. For example, you get Archer being an **** to Pam/Carol/Cheryl/Lana/women in absurdly terrible ways but then you have this elaborate backstory of a how his childhood with an alcoholic, manipulative mother/spy without any decent father-figure except for a doped up Woodhouse was terrible and traumatizing and probably explains his fixation on media as morality and his general sociopathy towards others. This season, Archer acts terrible and that's it. The end. No more development of Archer as a character, no more flashbacks, no more straight-man questioning the ethics and morality of any given situation. Instead, all you get are these recycled gags that have been running for, well, years now. You know that Perry Bible Fellowship comic that Nick Gurewitch left up for a long time? The one where a comedian comes up with this amazing catchphrase, gets famous for it, and is then forced to repeat it until it becomes such meaningless babble that he turns to alcohol to fill the void of his life? And then he kills himself and the thing they put on his tombstone is his catchphrase? That's what a lot of Archer, Season 5 feels like. Meaningless, crappy one-liners fast approaching the Family Guy school of writing.

1. Archer is the rare show that's in love with its own wordplay and good enough that this love becomes endearing rather than annoying.
  2. Archer may be crude but it's far more clever than last fall's disappointing "Testees," and "Archer" wins points with its observational humor about modern life and in its mocking of mundane workplace minutiae, such as computer passwords and the lack of security at a spy agency.
    I got many more sustained belly laughs out of the show that follows Sunny in an under-the-radar sneak preview.