Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.2

1. Apr 24, 2012
    Watchable and mildly funny, but by no means is it anywhere near as intelligent or funny as many people seem to find it. The plot is so contrived, and far from there being subtle jokes there are actually blatant jokes that are often recycled, like like Dr Funke being accidentally gay all the time, which I found hilarious in episode one but after the 10th time it had really lost it's charm.Watchable and mildly funny, but by no means is it anywhere near as intelligent or funny as many people seem to find it. The plot is so contrived, and far from there being subtle jokes there are actually blatant jokes that are often recycled, like like Dr Funke being accidentally gay all the time, which I found hilarious in episode one but after the 10th time it had really lost it's charm. The cast is brilliant, and if the writers had more ideas, or maybe just made 6 episodes a season instead, it could be a great show. As it was it was a bit tedious, and is best watched an episode at a time, as parts of it get annoying like the recycled jokes, contrived plot lines and endless narration and flashback to things that happened in that episode! The show's decent, but nothing more. Expand
  2. Jan 27, 2012
    The plot is overly forced. The writers were hell-bent on having to create dozens of ridiculous coincidences. For some reason they think this makes the situations funny ... its a distraction and the difference between ok and great.
  3. May 13, 2014
    It took a while for the show to get going for me, but once I got to know the characters better I got more invested in it. I started caring about the plot lines more and I started to get some real laughs. It's just a shame that over half of the season was gone before it started to get enjoyable. For a while I was largely bored by the show, which shocked me given it's fantastic cast. Still IIt took a while for the show to get going for me, but once I got to know the characters better I got more invested in it. I started caring about the plot lines more and I started to get some real laughs. It's just a shame that over half of the season was gone before it started to get enjoyable. For a while I was largely bored by the show, which shocked me given it's fantastic cast. Still I did eventually start to get some enjoyment out of it and am looking forward to watching the next season. So as it stands my opinion of the first season isn't exactly great, but I am excited for the next season(s). I give it a 6.5/10=Okay. Expand
  4. Feb 15, 2018
    This is the "Jason Bateman Complains about his worthless family" show. The whole concept of the show is Micheal being disappointed over and over again by everyone, including himself at times. That, and the jokes are only mildly funny and the narration is just plain annoying. I wanted to like this show, but I am having trouble getting into it.

1. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 28, 2013
    It's the season's best new series, period.
  2. Reviewed by: Carina Chocano
    Jun 17, 2013
    I don't know about you, but I'm not used to laughing out loud alone in front of the TV. Honestly, I was startled.
  3. Variety
    Reviewed by: Michael Speier
    May 26, 2013
    With faith in its own inspired goofiness, the net's newest Sunday entry reinvents what works --- and mocks what doesn't --- within the confines of the undernourished sitcom world. Critics and viewers clamoring for something unique since the sesh began back in August finally have something to champion ... and boy, is it funny.