• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.2

1. Jul 27, 2015
    All Arrow seasons are at least great, this is a very good TV show and I recommend to every one who likes TV series and Heroes.
    This is the rating for each seasons to this point:
    season 1: 8
    season 2: 10
    season 3: 9
  2. Jun 16, 2015
    An epic and gritty take on The Green Arrow, this show draws a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight trilogy. Brining to life many of your iconic and favorite heroes and villains such as Deathstroke, Malcolm Merlyn, Count Vertigo, The Huntress, The Atom, Speedy, Deadshot, The Suicide Squad, and so many more. Filled with gripping action, suspense, mystery, some comedy, and plenty of DCAn epic and gritty take on The Green Arrow, this show draws a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight trilogy. Brining to life many of your iconic and favorite heroes and villains such as Deathstroke, Malcolm Merlyn, Count Vertigo, The Huntress, The Atom, Speedy, Deadshot, The Suicide Squad, and so many more. Filled with gripping action, suspense, mystery, some comedy, and plenty of DC lore, this is a show recommended for DC fan boys! And don't forget to check out its little sister spin-off, The Flash! Expand
  3. May 28, 2015
    The first season of Arrow was great. it offered interesting characters, with a very powerful story of a man who's experiences on an island change his life. The writing is really good, but it is re-hashed for most of the series. But the formula is good, so it works for the most part. Other than the killing, the character of the Green Arrow is very faithful. And he is very well acted. TheyThe first season of Arrow was great. it offered interesting characters, with a very powerful story of a man who's experiences on an island change his life. The writing is really good, but it is re-hashed for most of the series. But the formula is good, so it works for the most part. Other than the killing, the character of the Green Arrow is very faithful. And he is very well acted. They try to turn him into Batman, but there are enough new ideas here to keep it fresh. A very good start to the series. Expand
  4. May 24, 2015
    After searching for an action packed TV series for a while, I cam across Arrow. I had my reservations to begin with as it did not sound like something I would normally watch. I'll tell you now, it's no Game of Thrones but it stands alone with its own entirety. Everyone says it, but there is never a dull moment. Berlanti, the writer of the series, combines violence and action neatly with aAfter searching for an action packed TV series for a while, I cam across Arrow. I had my reservations to begin with as it did not sound like something I would normally watch. I'll tell you now, it's no Game of Thrones but it stands alone with its own entirety. Everyone says it, but there is never a dull moment. Berlanti, the writer of the series, combines violence and action neatly with a unique story which intertwines with other series. The sign of a good action series is when it inspires you to tone your body to resemble to protagonist and since starting this series I have been intent on becoming like Oliver Queen! Expand
  5. May 15, 2015
    Good show Good fight scenes and getting better each season.Can't wait for Season 4 as it should be a good one going by the why there getting better, each season brings its own bad guy.
  6. May 14, 2015
    So, I thought I would laugh and point at the latest comic book TV series (not even a movie haha!) and I was totally rebuffed by the performance of Stephen Amell. He has completely made his careerr in this series. An amazing performance and cast.

Felicity Smoak is a great character also, played by Emily Rickards and she does a great job with it. I'm giving it a 9/10 for the

I'm giving it a 9/10 for the performances alone.
  7. Apr 23, 2015
    Started off poorly but has quickly become one of my favorite shows to watch. I've grind watched this season rather quickly and can't wait to jump into season 2.
  8. Mar 25, 2015
    I think this show will appeal mainly to American audiences in the 12 to 24 bracket. I wanted to like it, have watched season 1 and part of season 2, with quite a bit of fast forwarding, but cannot like it. I have no empathy with the main character, every female except his mother instantly falls for his chiseled features and moody demeanour, not his billionaire status. He has all theI think this show will appeal mainly to American audiences in the 12 to 24 bracket. I wanted to like it, have watched season 1 and part of season 2, with quite a bit of fast forwarding, but cannot like it. I have no empathy with the main character, every female except his mother instantly falls for his chiseled features and moody demeanour, not his billionaire status. He has all the personality of a haddock. The women in the show belong on some 1980s daytime soap as does much of the dialogue.

Regarding the action, I have no problem suspending my disbelief, but I will not shoot myself in the common sense to do so! I can accept superman being hit by bullets to no effect, the Flash dodging them, The Hulk smashing them but a chiseled model with no superpowers other than shed loads of money dodging close range submachine gun fire, too far, too much and it dumbs down what should be fun action. The fact that people actually do die I give a point or two for, as it does show an underlying desire not to glamourise violence.

Dark and moody I don't mind, but confused and dreary is what this is.
    The plot lines are either obvious to the point of needing to vomit with boredom, or forced and convoluted making me grab for the fast forwards.

Over all a shallow dumbed down insult to the genre. As it is dumbed down no doubt it will draw in commercial success from the younger audiences who have been subjected to a life time of such TV drudgery!

However I like Diggle, strange that a working class white Brit relates better to an Afro-American character than any of the supposedly white-American blue collar characters, says something about the characterisations and scripting. So I will add a couple of points for him.
  9. Feb 23, 2015
    We grow up with different comics on this side of the Atlantic so I'm not as familiar with the DC characters as most. So this was a treat. Nice adaptation. Everyone is hot or handsome which is easy on the eye.

They can act too, especially ,Steven Amell, the lead who is excellent. Some of the supporting cast are a little slight but overall considering the budget this is very good and very addictive.
  10. Feb 19, 2015
    Great first season which just gets better in the second. The action is on par with shows like the walking dead and 24. The acting gets better with every episode.
  11. Jan 31, 2015
    Not great, but not terrible either. There isn't enough going on in Season 1 to justify it's 8.2 user score here. A lot of the time it seems as if the show wants to distance itself from the actual comic book character it's based on. He's called "The Hood" or "The Vigilante" instead of the Green Arrow, which is not only a better name, it's THE name. Imagine The Flash being called "the redNot great, but not terrible either. There isn't enough going on in Season 1 to justify it's 8.2 user score here. A lot of the time it seems as if the show wants to distance itself from the actual comic book character it's based on. He's called "The Hood" or "The Vigilante" instead of the Green Arrow, which is not only a better name, it's THE name. Imagine The Flash being called "the red blur" or "Red spandex guy". Not very catchy is it? I wish they would use more content from the comics and less drawn-out romance scenes that make even Smallville look more gritty. Expand
  12. Jan 24, 2015
    Swooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it definesSwooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it defines Arrow/Oliver 's decision in present which is the most fascinating..The fight sequences are very good seeing that it is a TV show. Stephen Amell is very good as Arrow and Oliver. He seems to have the depth in his understanding of the character Arrow. Felicity is very convincing with her fast paced dialogues and of course with her smile. Diggle, Roy, Lance have done a very good job as well. To me it is almost like a movie being shown in parts, with every portion explained - Well done Team Arrow !! Expand
  13. Jan 23, 2015
    A misogynistic egotistical Tarzan's emotional make up is pursued most vigorously, more than any crimes or villains. Straining this series into meeting its Brady's every week. To the point of it failing, seen as recruiting half of city into his self sense of vigilantism, instead of simply letting Hulk Smash.

If I watch any alternate universe like Dread. I don't want to see a team of

If I watch any alternate universe like Dread. I don't want to see a team of judges doing CSI. I want to see all that superhero alien fallout criminal action. I certainly don't care who robin's girlfriend is, why she won't have his babies, making more little vigilantes, or why every cuckoo is in that nest, and who the real rooster is, if only he could remember why they weren't dead.

Shown as here as little action, seen as intolerably fake people being so intolerably super fake in its weekly soap opera.

I watch a show because it meets my demands. If I watch any superhero I want to see hulk smash for the majority of any air time aired. There are plenty of shows that do this currently and so much better even within their teams, etc etc, but they don't suffer from the same amount of nonsense every episode. Constantly plagued on why that Hulk is actually Dr jekll, Mrs hyde. Even more so with the rest of his band of misfits, their babies, alcoholism, addictions, mommy, daddy, boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, sister, pizza party, dilemma's.

This show really doesn't cut it within it's labelled genre, shown as 10 minutes of action too 30 minutes of garbage.. Prolonging all content aired to end degrees, shown as seeing some Crim a supposed "mastermind" getting one shot. After all "nuclear" reasoning behind why these fakes were ever needed.

Also such a drag that as nobody dies, they will always keep coming back creating more simplistic error as they pop into episodes later. Carrying with them all their other baggage around every episode. While constantly being plagued with amnesia of why there was never any start to this fragmented story.

If you are some kind of 12-15 year old, who watches neighbours with your girlfriends family then this certainly is the right show for you. Watch out vigilantism!!
  14. Jan 18, 2015
    Arrow was one of the best TV series I have ever watch
    i mean the story line , the villains , it even tells you about origins of super-villains in future dc comics or shows
    If you are a DC fan or just wanting to watch something to past time
    THIS IS THE BEST SHOW I COULD RECOMMEND besides the flash
  15. Jan 14, 2015
    Having moved away from its Dark Knight feel, "Arrow" simply gets better and better with each season. Gone are the concerns about keeping the flashbacks going, in comes deeper characterisation and more interesting villains. Well played by the cast and a series that's first on the weekly list to watch.
  16. Jan 12, 2015
    The show should be going well, but is suffering from dumbed down text. Everyone seems to be haunted with an eternal guilt, every character is always beating him(her)self over a debt of honor even over the smallest issues, most of the time it was not their fault. Some bad guy threatens two dear people to the hero, and a whole plot develops about his guilt of being unable to be in two placesThe show should be going well, but is suffering from dumbed down text. Everyone seems to be haunted with an eternal guilt, every character is always beating him(her)self over a debt of honor even over the smallest issues, most of the time it was not their fault. Some bad guy threatens two dear people to the hero, and a whole plot develops about his guilt of being unable to be in two places at the same time to save both people,
    after the bad guy kills one of them. NOBODY seems to blame the bad guy!!! The show had it all to be great, and it's being seriously dumbed down. For instance, Gotham is telling great stories without suffering from this dumb writing that already made me give up watching Flash.
  17. Dec 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me-surpreendeu, pois não esperava algo tão bom, principalmente para uma primeira temporada, mas aqui estamos já na terceira temporada e cada vez melhor! Não é a toa que está fazendo em grande sucesso. Parabéns pessoal da (The CW). Expand
  18. Dec 23, 2014
    Despite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne inDespite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne in Nolan’s trilogy, to be honest. The rest of the cast is solid, and what it’s more satisfying is that they portray richly intriguing characters. Example: Slade Wilson (aka Deathstroke). You only see him through flashbacks and believe me, this show partly focuses on events that happened on the island, and they’re pretty interesting. Once the story unfolds, the show starts presenting new characters, and new subplots. Before I start analyzing this series, let’s see the plot summary below.

Oliver Queen and his father are lost at sea when their luxury yacht sinks, apparently in a storm. His father dies, but Oliver survives for five years on an uncharted island and eventually returns home. But he wasn't alone on the island where he learned not only how to fight and survive but also of his father's corruption and unscrupulous business dealings. He returns to civilization a changed man, determined to put things right. He disguises himself with the hood of one of his mysterious island mentors, arms himself with a bow and sets about hunting down the men and women who have corrupted his city.

The first issue I had with the first episode, the “Pilot” episode is that it relied on so many flashbacks and it was too damn that rushed that ultimately felt like an expository installment. Thankfully, the show improved, and kept showing more and more interesting characters. One of my favorite characters in this show is, of course, Oliver Queen himself. The character (played by Stephen Amell) is a playboy millionaire who once seemed like a nice guy until he cheats Laurel (his love interest) with her sister Sarah on a boat trip. Unfortunately, the boat just happens to be sabotaged and Sarah dies, along with Queen’s father, Robert, who kills himself to challenge his son: He needs to survive on the island. This story seems rather captivating, but it's weighed down by a somewhat questionable dialogue. Luckily, for the show, the performances are excellent. Not only from Amell, but for its supporting cast. Moira Queen, Oliver’s mother, is a selfish woman whose purposes are still unknown, and Malcom is the father of Tommy, Oliver’s best friend. Another thing that I didn’t like that much is Arrow’s little screen time in some episodes. Yes, I know that the episodes have to be short and there’s a story to tell, but good God, at least give the Hood a chance to shine even more.

When Arrow shows up, however, is awesome. The action sequences suffer from some shaky cams, but they are well choreographed and intense. The final battle in the last episode was nothing special, though. They focused more on the Glades’ destruction. As I was saying, the battle scenes are short just like Arrow’s screen time but they are very well served.

Final Score to Arrow (Season 1): 7.5/10. This is a solidly entertaining super-hero TV show that not only benefits from its strong cast but also benefits from great action scenes, even if the dialogue could use some work. If you’re a fan of Arrow or even super-heroes in general, you won’t pass this out. I’m sure of it.
  19. Dec 19, 2014
    I agree that this show is far from being realistic, especially the bullets never hit him. This being said, I watch it with my girlfriend and we like the story, the cast and the fights. It's a good simple and fun show to watch.
  20. Nov 10, 2014
    Season 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on aSeason 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on a string of powerful episodes that sets up decently for Season 2. Expand
  21. Oct 19, 2014
    A Great CW show with a lot of good villains and story arcs, a bit similar to Batman in some ways but still worth a watch. The show is in season three and might take you a while to catch up but it's worth it
  22. Oct 16, 2014
    The last few episodes of this season were amazingly intense.
    The progress of the plot was...... wow. This is what actually made Arrow the best show CW has had in years, save Flash (for later!)
  23. Sep 26, 2014
    HONESTLY this season started off as a crap CW romance show with a DC comics character, with more "action" then well the fighting kind of action. But then Slade Wilson appeared on the island and the show went up hill from there. The season finale was brilliant. HONESTLY it redeemed itself in the later half.
  24. Sep 26, 2014
    AWESOME AND AWESOME such a realistic approach to a superhero show and superb acting and action sequences make this show a must watch Stephen Amell Caity lolz are awesome as Arrow And Canary recommended show hope this show goes on forever :)
  25. Sep 25, 2014
  26. Aug 10, 2014
    Would i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a familyWould i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a family member or close friend- the friend will say "I wish you died on that island" and they will apologize before the episode is over saying they're sorry for saying that. In addition, i feel they should have stuck to the source material for Oliver Queen's character instead of blatantly ripping off Bruce Wayne. The threatening "Hood" approach just doesn't work and comes across as laughable. With that being said, its not terrible. Expand
  27. Jul 22, 2014
    Man this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is itsMan this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is its incredibly dumb characters. Even Oliver can be incredibly stupid at times and theres no reasoning behind it. In one episode, he is losing it over how his partner doesnt trust him with certain information, yet in the very next episode the exact same situation is reversed and he cant see what he's doing wrong. Its lazy writing. You WILL find yourself yelling at characters on screen because their stupidity is only placement for plot points and to drag certain story arc's out. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence some characters refuse to accept certain things that would otherwise change their mind until the season is almost at a close or the story arc is finished. I'm hoping S3 will be a lot better. Expand
  28. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up
  29. Jul 20, 2014
    "Arrow" builds its story from scratch and that's both a good and a bad thing. Bad because the growing pains won't heal until episode 15 and good because once the growing pains are gone, "Arrow" is surprisingly fun and entertaining show to watch.
  30. Jul 18, 2014
    The show is absolutely awesome.Got a great cast and premise and is very dark in a chris nolan kind of way .Hopefully since there are spinning of flash and introducing superpowers in the mix they don't make it cartoonist. A la fantastic four movie
  31. Jul 15, 2014
    Arrow is just simply bad. I watched nearly all the episodes of season one and looking back i wonder why I even bothered. There were 23 episodes for season one but it could have been edited to only 5. Terrible characters, lame plot, and cheap action scenes make this show a wast of time. The only reason I watched it was because of Deathstroke and at least the parts with him were watchable.
  32. Jul 13, 2014
    Season 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope thatSeason 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope that the CW doesn't backslide. Expand
  33. Jul 10, 2014
    An entertaining show full of intriguing characters and amazing action sequences. I found myself counting the days until the next episode. By far the best show the CW has put out in years, if not ever.
  34. Jul 9, 2014
    dumber version of batman. just dumb and **** doesn't necessarily means bad. i am sure there are millions of fans out there. i just don't like it. the script. the acting. could be done a lot better.
  35. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense dramaThis is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  36. Jun 3, 2014
    I really like this serial and i strongly recomand it..The story in my opinion is pretty good but always can be better .Hope 3rd season will come soon.
  37. May 12, 2014
    When I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fightingWhen I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fighting in my opinion, They are very well shot and can be exciting to watch. In conclusion, Arrow is the CW's best show in my opinion, and I hope lots of people watch it. Expand
  38. Apr 22, 2014
    When i saw the first 3 episodes, i thought this show was amazing. Then, the story became boring and repetitive. If you're looking for something to blow you away, then watch another series.
  39. Apr 21, 2014
    A brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a fewA brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a few episodes before the cast and crew really get a clear understanding of how to best present this otherwise fantastic show. Expand
  40. Apr 7, 2014
    I enjoyed everything in this season and I going to watch season 2 when I can, it is an enjoyable experience that anyone will enjoy and get a kick out of watching. I hope they don't ruin the series and that the next one is just as good
  41. Apr 3, 2014
    People are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligencePeople are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligence where they expect you to believe that Sarah's own sister Laurel wouldn't recognize her when she saves her from bad guys, cuz she has a little mask covering her eyes! Come on, all you have to do is look at that butthole on her chin to know its Sarah. Weak! Expand
  42. Mar 31, 2014
    This show is just great! Great characters, story and drama. I really recommend this show it's the best i have ever seen. And i love the mix of superhero and just a normal guy.
  43. Mar 29, 2014
    A great show when there arnt too many filler episodes and when its not too "days of our lives" . Gets a 7/10 just because of the wholly unentertaining soap opera parts that must be there for a target demographic im not part of.
  44. Mar 11, 2014
    Absolute cracker of a show. Great presentation and action scenes and a wide selection of characters. Has dull moments but some match that of game of thrones in intensity. If your on the fence then watch it, good introduction to comics and pays homage and respect to DC lore.
  45. Feb 27, 2014
    Considering Arrow has been made on a TV show budget what they have created is very good. We are use to seeing superheros saved for the big screen with mega CGI and budgets but you won't see either here. The show has a very down to earth feel.

The idea to have both the island story and the return story in the same series is very clever, its almost like having an origin series and the original series running at the same time. The issue with having 2 main story arcs is that the series does have a slower pace and may not be for everyone.

The action scenes are very good and there are some appearances by other DC comic characters but thankfully not to many to keep the excitement of seeing new characters fresh. I have seen some of the comments claiming it is unrealistic that he can go through a room of machine gun fire with a bow and arrow and not get hit (episode 1) but this is a superhero show, so what do you expect! He is only human and he does get injured sometimes, but that is like batman, they did the same thing with him and he throws metal boomerangs!

Overall the series was enjoyable, the main story arc kind of finished as quickly as it kicked up a gear at the end of the series but it is definitely worth a shot. I am on season 2 now and that is definitely an improvement so something to look forward to.
  46. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely a good show. I get the same feeling like when watching a superhero movie only this is a series that makes it even greater. Oliver Queen suits his role perfect.
  47. Feb 12, 2014
    an action packed and slightly dark version of the DC hero green arrow. it's story telling is great, taking place in both present time, as well as flashbacks to how the main character, oliver queen decided to become green arrow. however no one in the show refers to him as that. he's known as "the hood" . the characters, with some exceptions, are very well done. as well as great actionan action packed and slightly dark version of the DC hero green arrow. it's story telling is great, taking place in both present time, as well as flashbacks to how the main character, oliver queen decided to become green arrow. however no one in the show refers to him as that. he's known as "the hood" . the characters, with some exceptions, are very well done. as well as great action sequences all throughout. Expand
  48. Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't yet seen a single boring episode in this show. Very interesting story and it develops with a nice pace too. Actors play their part pretty damn well i would say. I can warmly recommend this to anyone.
  49. Dec 29, 2013
    Enjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up hisEnjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up his ass or something) this is really my only big gripe and the fact that the marketing for this show made me believe that it was for Teenage girls, its not, it appeals to us guys as well, it just makes u feel embraced that ur watching the show.

Overall i really enjoyed the arrow, only having 2 big gripes i still believe that it is enjoyable and that the writing is very well done, on most eps.
    overall I recommend sitting down and watching the Arrow: 7/10, is good, not great, the 2 gripes really got in the way of my enjoyment
  50. Dec 25, 2013
    It's a well done series yeah. Actually it's better than I expected. And it's much more darker than I thought. It has flaws and bad things, but mainly it's a great show. Shoot the next season Green Arrow!
  51. Nov 29, 2013
    The Best Sci-fi Action Thriller........................................................................................................................
  52. Nov 26, 2013
    I had no idea what to expect going in. While I am a comic book fan, Green Arrow was never one I followed. This show has made me regret not doing so. In many ways Arrow reminds me allot of Smallville, just with a darker tone. Nice to have a superhero that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. My only complaint is all the posing Stephen Amell does. Clearly every shot with his shirt off isI had no idea what to expect going in. While I am a comic book fan, Green Arrow was never one I followed. This show has made me regret not doing so. In many ways Arrow reminds me allot of Smallville, just with a darker tone. Nice to have a superhero that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. My only complaint is all the posing Stephen Amell does. Clearly every shot with his shirt off is there to rope in the female demographic and was almost as shameless in doing so as Twilight's Taylor Lautner. Still Shirtlessness aside, I like the show.

Overall:
    I really hope this series has a long future ahead of it and look forward to future seasons.

Side Note:
    While I get the series is taking some cues from Nolan's Batman, I wouldn't mind a little bit of a supernatural flair.
  53. Nov 23, 2013
    At the beginning of season 1 i thought it sucked badly but it got a lot better quickly and i got really hocked on it. Now its a must see for me every week
  54. Nov 13, 2013
    I like big Hollywood comic book movies, but they should all be ashamed on the amount of money they spend on production compared to what this show accomplished in it's finale. It was phenomenal.
  55. Nov 7, 2013
    Arrow is a good twist to the TV shows ive watched lately. Rare few catch my attention, as i'd much rather spend my time involved in story books and games, this show did. I love the Heroic vibe, without the drama of the classic "superman" style. All im lookin for is something to make me stoked, and Arrow does the trick just fine.
  56. Oct 31, 2013
    I'm only 10 episodes in, but this show is the If you can suspend disbelief for Batman swooping in and punching guys with machine guns, you should be able to afford the same suspension for Arrow. If you can't, you're honestly watching the wrong genre. Sure, it's a bit of a knock-off, and there's an excess of drama, but it's very entertaining. The show focuses on characters to the detrimentI'm only 10 episodes in, but this show is the If you can suspend disbelief for Batman swooping in and punching guys with machine guns, you should be able to afford the same suspension for Arrow. If you can't, you're honestly watching the wrong genre. Sure, it's a bit of a knock-off, and there's an excess of drama, but it's very entertaining. The show focuses on characters to the detriment of the plot, but there is a solid premise nonetheless. It's got a solid start; it's up to the writers whether it goes up or down from here. The Asus commercial built into every episode is getting a bit flagrant and annoying. Expand
  57. Oct 21, 2013
    I sit here going through the reviews of this show and I am shocked to see that people who loved the show got it, and people who hated completely failed to see the point or understand the story. For instance a guy gives it a horrible review because he watched two episodes and doesn't understand how you get stranded on an island and then become a super fighter and archer just like that. IfI sit here going through the reviews of this show and I am shocked to see that people who loved the show got it, and people who hated completely failed to see the point or understand the story. For instance a guy gives it a horrible review because he watched two episodes and doesn't understand how you get stranded on an island and then become a super fighter and archer just like that. If you watch the whole season you find out how he became trained in those things. Another compares it to Batman, Everyone who has read or knows of the Green Arrow know that that is exactly what it is. DC tried capitalizing on Green Arrow like Batman and realized they couldn't do that. But this shows still goes to the Green Arrows roots.

Now as for my review, going into this and knowing it is a TV show, it is pretty good for a CW show. You would think it would be low budget and not look real at all, however the show doesn't try to do too much with special effects. It does its best on what it's given and succeeds to create a reality that I believe could actually happen. To the people complaining that there is so much gun fire and yet he is never hit, in the first episode or second episode he does but gets right back up, assuming that his costume is bullet proof is key to the whole series. Everyone needs a little imagination and a show like this thrives on that fact.

I was very apprehensive going in because it was a CW show and although Smallville was good, it had an even more low budget feel to it. With shows like S.H.E.I.L.D and the new Batman TV show going into production, I believe there is a place for a higher budget Action series, and Arrow was the great start. I look forward to catching up on season 2 and highly recommend this show to any comic book fan, fan of using their imagination, or someone looking for a fun show.
  58. Oct 20, 2013
    Arrow is an adaptation of the DC comic hero Green Arrow on The CW. As a fan of the character of Green Arrow I have to say I was worried by the idea of making him a "real" person. I've seen the failures of other people to turn comic characters into "real" people. That said I have to say on the whole Arrow is a very enjoyable show.

The story as far as Season 1 goes the story was very

The story as far as Season 1 goes the story was very strong in my opinion. We see Oliver Queen, Green Arrow, attain amazing feats in order to get rescued off of what appears to be an uninhabited island, from there we meet interesting characters such as his family, friends and soon to be allies and enemies. From here we watch an intriguing mystery rise from the broken pieces of the past through flashback and secretive character interactions. The characters are interesting and seem to have personalities some more prominent than others but they have what appears to be the beginnings of real "character".

The second season has just started and from the looks of it we are looking at new but familiar characters, more secrets and a new Green Arrow.
  59. Oct 18, 2013
    Arrow is amazing! Perfect for a superhero TV series. It is perfect, Green Arrow/Oliver Queen is a perfect choice for a TV series, because he isn't as popular as Batman or Superman to go on the big screen so it's very good. It dramatically shows his origin story and it almost has no holes in the story so far. It has flash backs then there. It also has its twists and the dark DC touch to it.Arrow is amazing! Perfect for a superhero TV series. It is perfect, Green Arrow/Oliver Queen is a perfect choice for a TV series, because he isn't as popular as Batman or Superman to go on the big screen so it's very good. It dramatically shows his origin story and it almost has no holes in the story so far. It has flash backs then there. It also has its twists and the dark DC touch to it. My only criticism on it is not to "Nolanize it too much: meaning don't make the story too realistic add more "Comicbook" to it. That is why I am very interested to see flash in it. I highly recommend this to Comicbook fans and especially dc fans. Expand
  60. Oct 17, 2013
    I really wished that the events Oliver had while he was still stranded on the island was a separate series. The status quo on Sterling City, the nonsense episodes sometimes, and the unnecessary hero-laden scenes were not pleasing. It was a 10 for the Lian Yu scenes and 2 for Sterling City. Making the score to 6.
  61. Oct 9, 2013
    A Television Series does not get much better than the CW's Arrow. It's got literally everything you could want a show to have, and it does it well. It's real, it's gritty, well-scripted, not over the top, has an attractive cast that is both unique, and likable and features action sequences that rival those seen in high budget majors films. At the moment, there is no other series on airA Television Series does not get much better than the CW's Arrow. It's got literally everything you could want a show to have, and it does it well. It's real, it's gritty, well-scripted, not over the top, has an attractive cast that is both unique, and likable and features action sequences that rival those seen in high budget majors films. At the moment, there is no other series on air like Arrow. It feels like a darker, more Comic-book oriented Smallville, with a higher budget, and a lot more death. Highly recommend this show to fans of Smallville, Nikita, and The Human Target Expand
  62. Oct 8, 2013
    The show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag thingsThe show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag things out like some shows would when it comes to telling people who he is and he gets a good team together and more comic characters show up. The island side of the story is pretty annoying early on, interrupting the action in the city stories and making you think 'I don't care about this, why are they still showing us the island' but it eventually develops a good plot of its own which ties in with the main city plot and even when there is a whole episode on the island its not unwelcome. It's taking a long time for Dinah to become Canary but given the shows caution with superpowers its understandable. Since Flash is getting an appearance which is apparently a back door pilot in season 2 it probably wont be long before she does find her voice. John Barrowman is great as Merlyn and the finale was awesome. Expand
  63. Sep 21, 2013
    There is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but aThere is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but a sow's ear. May it do us all a favor and rest in peace. Expand
  64. Sep 9, 2013
    Arrow season 1 delivers a great back story, Stephen Amell is brilliant as Oliver Queen..there are a few episodes which are less entertaining in a way but that does not hold you from liking the series at all..right from the entertaining pilot to the epic finale..arrow is a winner all the way..excited for the second season.
  65. Aug 30, 2013
    Arrow: A great example of how relatively not well known heroes can become popular. Stephen Amell does a great job as Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow and I'd personally like to see him in a justice league movie (eventually). Standouts include other DC characters appearing such as Huntress and Deadshot, but what really got me excited for this: Deathstroke. While they seem to have really messedArrow: A great example of how relatively not well known heroes can become popular. Stephen Amell does a great job as Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow and I'd personally like to see him in a justice league movie (eventually). Standouts include other DC characters appearing such as Huntress and Deadshot, but what really got me excited for this: Deathstroke. While they seem to have really messed around with Slade Wilson's past and the fact that he doesn't seem like him at all really gave a strange vibe in terms of whether or not the writers knew what to do with him. A great show that really proves that you don't need extreme drama or gore to make an entertaining series. 8/10. Expand
  66. Jul 5, 2013
    This series is the best thing out there on TV to capture the spirit of Superhero. The casting is awesome.
    The story line concept is refreshing. You didn't give the Arrow a true eye mask. I found that refreshing. His back story is captivating. The writers, actors, director and producers have hit the mark on this show.
    My only complaint is that I found this show late and have had to
    My only complaint is that I found this show late and have had to wait out the first season. When you start out you need to give me the viewer more access to the product. episode 4 Is still hidden from the mainstream. I had to pirate this episode to move on. When you got a good thing, don't hide it!
  67. Jun 26, 2013
    It's a show that entertains but lacks depth in order to engage. I hope it gets better at the second season because otherwise leave her. It's kind of smallville but worse, it seems that is not going anywhere. I honestly don´t know what is going to be based to overcome a new season of 24 episodes but will give the opportunity to 2x01.
  68. Jun 18, 2013
    This is an outstanding show. DC Comic fans are given a show the almost entirely made for them and them alone. A very Smallville like show, Arrow follows the story of Oliver Queen, aka, the famous Green Arrow! The shows brings characters to life, such as the Huntress, Black Canary, Deathstroke, and Deadshot.
  69. Jun 17, 2013
    This show has the full package. Action, mystery, thrill, romance, superheroes, a sight sense of humor, charm, hot characters, good actors, good music, good story lines, thrilling cliffhangers. One of my best shows in my list and let me warn u it is a very long list. Even though it deserves more than 9 I do not believe in a rating of 10.
  70. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not just a simple TV Show, this is a TV Show that will keep you locked to the television. Arrow has a nicely written origin story, well it is a retelling of Green Arrow. The actor Stephen Amell who portrays Oliver Queen, gives his emotions in the best way to the show. With an epic season finale, this show wants to say "Hello, we are here!" to the world. And now with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. joining the television. They both will go face-to-face.... Expand
  71. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arrow is a a fresh and new show with a different, and edgy theme. I think its dramatic, and action mix keeps us viewer on the edge of our seat, and restless for more. It fits in the trend of giving a twist to a story commonly told, and the plot is well sequenced. I truly think it is a show with a long and prosporous future Expand
  72. May 19, 2013
    Truthfully an amazing superhero show, that is perfect, since Smallville said farewell in 2011. The action scenes are brilliant, and the actress who plays Felicity, is my favorite. I am scared about how this will fare, when ABC airs Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. in the fall. I have faith though, and I believe this show is gonna stick around for a while.
  73. May 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i was very excited after the Trailer but with time the Arrow lost momentum and the flashbacks to the island where the only thing that kept me interesting. Manu Bennett managed to keep the show tolerable but after a while even he couldn't help.
    More about Arrow -
    coolreviewsrule.com
  74. May 19, 2013
    This show starts off awesome. I was really drawn in. However, as the season unfolds, the curse of the lazy/overimaginative writer sets in and everything happens conveniently. Things don't fit in and people show up at just the right convenient moment. Very annoying show. Don't watch if unrealistic shows irk you.
  75. May 5, 2013
    Arrow's plot is so dull and repetitive I don't even need to mention how generic both the gunfights and the conversations between characters are. It took me 8 episodes to notice how every one of them are mostly the same with some alterations here and there.

Gave it a 3 because the scenes on the island are somewhat appealing, but for the most part it's obviously noticeable the series is pretty cheap.
  76. Apr 27, 2013
    I tried to like this I really did after 5 episodes I don't know if I will continue to watch this. The whole concept is the same with all comic book characters especially DC a rich kid seeks vengeance from his parent wow hadn't seen that one coming. Its like a water down Batman.
  77. Apr 23, 2013
    Magnifica serie te atrae desde el principio y te obliga a seguirla hasta el final, Llena de accion, comedia, de todo un poco y sobre todo de mucho misterio sobre el protagonista
  78. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best new shows of 2012. Drew me in the moment I started watching it. Each episode not only shows Oliver's hunt for the people who have "failed Starling City" but also shows Oliver's time on the Island.
  79. Mar 17, 2013
    What do you get when you mix Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy with 'Gossip Girl'? You get one of this season's surprising hit: a version of super hero Green Arrow, brought to live in a typical Nolan-esque fashion. It reminds me a lot of another excellent (albeit short lived) TV series based on the Flash, released several short years after Burton's Batman. Sure, it tries to pander to the CW'sWhat do you get when you mix Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy with 'Gossip Girl'? You get one of this season's surprising hit: a version of super hero Green Arrow, brought to live in a typical Nolan-esque fashion. It reminds me a lot of another excellent (albeit short lived) TV series based on the Flash, released several short years after Burton's Batman. Sure, it tries to pander to the CW's usual target market: containing hearthrob such as Steve Ammel and Katie Cassidy, but hey..it works. It also brought one of DC's B-Grade super hero into the limelight. Great stuff. Expand
  80. Mar 2, 2013
    Surprisingly well written and produced show from what is generally a teen soap trash network (CW). I was expecting Good lucking young actors in a poorly acted and written soap with more romantic intrigue than mystery, emotional depth or character development. What I go tinstead was only a few of those, which I can stomach. The acting is still subpar and leave much to be desired, but theSurprisingly well written and produced show from what is generally a teen soap trash network (CW). I was expecting Good lucking young actors in a poorly acted and written soap with more romantic intrigue than mystery, emotional depth or character development. What I go tinstead was only a few of those, which I can stomach. The acting is still subpar and leave much to be desired, but the writing is very tight and the moderation of romantic fluff is appreciated. Yes, it is still filled with hotties making the the whole thing less believable, but a female viewership is always on the CW's mind. Expand
  81. Mar 1, 2013
    they need to stick closer to the comic book series to make this show a success, leave out all this other stuff that way they might attract a much larger audience
  82. Mar 1, 2013
    I went into this thinking that it would be boring, but it proved me wrong. The show has a great plot that has so many twists that you never know what to expect
  83. Feb 26, 2013
    Best show on TV. Well the show is as sharp as an arrow and very well done. The entire cast makes it a real pleasure to watch weekly. I also watch on my computer.
  84. Feb 24, 2013
    I went into this show while desperately looking for something replacing the feeling I had watching other hero/vigilante movies/series. I had to eat a lot of bad apples to find this one good one, but it was worth it.
    The story starts off a bit hard to follow, but when you know the characters it's just one amazing web of links between flashbacks, modern day-story and deep psychological brain-food.
    If you like action in between the typical 'I'm a rich guy I do what I want', there's no reason not to watch it. It's amazing and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't get the thoughts behind it.
  85. Feb 22, 2013
    i gave it a chance and i am still watching it now that it's in their 15th episode. stephen amell's a decent actor but please, female cast.. do something with the acting. it might not be a really great series but it gets your attention that makes you want to see the next episode.
  86. Feb 16, 2013
    What the hell is this garbage the fight scenes are good and the action decent but the one main bad ass black guy who is supposedly ex military is a little the IT girl is apparently some whacked encyclopaedia of knowledge and there is more romance BS and teen melodrama than storyline. I wouldn't wipe my black ass with the script these hacked up writers made. I swear to god if I wanted toWhat the hell is this garbage the fight scenes are good and the action decent but the one main bad ass black guy who is supposedly ex military is a little the IT girl is apparently some whacked encyclopaedia of knowledge and there is more romance BS and teen melodrama than storyline. I wouldn't wipe my black ass with the script these hacked up writers made. I swear to god if I wanted to watch a poorly written romantic comedy I would see sex in the city or vampire diaries with my girl. This show is mad FAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL yo. Expand
  87. Feb 16, 2013
    Ok so I just watched the first season and the show has its moments of goodness. However the good parts are so rare to find it’s hard to sit through. I thought since the comic is like super good and the girls are really cute why not right. But after watching the show I am pretty bummed out. The characters are pretty lame and one-dimensional, the plot is like trite at best and the fact thatOk so I just watched the first season and the show has its moments of goodness. However the good parts are so rare to find it’s hard to sit through. I thought since the comic is like super good and the girls are really cute why not right. But after watching the show I am pretty bummed out. The characters are pretty lame and one-dimensional, the plot is like trite at best and the fact that the characters go to the one IT girl for all their problems to be solved is just lazy writing. The plot is obvious and full of holes, any way this show is wicked bogus and I would not recommend this to anyone who likes the show or has a decent brain cell in their body. More action, less stupid childish tantrums and starry-eyed general hospital soap opera conversation happening in the foyer is needed. Reddit and /b need to have a field day on this crap.

Fyi $10 says cute it girl becomes black canary
  88. Feb 14, 2013
    The last episode (14) was unwatchable because of the flashbacks (ad nauseam), Too bad. Most of the show was our Arrow boy hurt or showing how he became tough. Non of this added to the story even though it is a comic...
  89. Feb 12, 2013
    Arrow is not the best television show you will ever see, there are instances of pacing issues and certain action scenes are a tad disappointing but my word its great fun. The rebirthing of The DC Comic's character Green Arrow is rugged, stylish and swift and offers plenty of game characterisations. The acting is not groundbreaking but dedicated and charming. Arrow is plagued by the oddArrow is not the best television show you will ever see, there are instances of pacing issues and certain action scenes are a tad disappointing but my word its great fun. The rebirthing of The DC Comic's character Green Arrow is rugged, stylish and swift and offers plenty of game characterisations. The acting is not groundbreaking but dedicated and charming. Arrow is plagued by the odd filler episodes but it hits the target more often than not and I have great fun watching it every week. Reccomended. Expand
  90. Feb 8, 2013
    As a porting from a comic I think is wonderful. Many people in these reviews either don't know the subject or know it too much, so the first make comparisons with Batman, others complains about not being enough true to the comic.

Green Arrow can actually be similar to Batman... it's a rich man that turn vigilante... but it's also very different because his alter ego is born from a desire for redemption (for being a careless playboy) and not revenge for the death of his parents. So it's a more "flamboyant" hero (his inspiration is Robin Hood), but is also a survivor and a "ex bad-boy" so has less moral ties than Batman (he has no problem killing villains). It's darker than Batman as setting, with more "city crime" (Italian, Chinese, Russian Mafia, white collars criminals, etc...) and less "freaky" villains.

The show is in the middle... this Ollie only pretend to be a playboy (the comic version character retains some of these traits) and the introduction on the show of (impossible?) love affairs keeps him away from the hill. And then there is relationship with the family, that make the series also more "family drama".

I think it's a good compromise, and I like it.

Amell has the right body and attitude for the playboy super-hero... maybe not (yet) the right acting skill... but he can improve... the others are good, especially the mother.
    I like also the flashback of his 5 years on the island... maybe all the show filmed in the city would be a little boring, and it help understand the character.

Good story and camera don't hurt either...
  91. Feb 7, 2013
    Very good depiction of one of DC's main characters. I love this version of Oliver Queen and despite many people's opinions, I love this show. I have followed DC comics from my early years and have watched almost everything by DC (movies/shows). The plot is intense and the flashback to his days on the island are very insightful and very well incorporated into his life on a day-to-day basis.Very good depiction of one of DC's main characters. I love this version of Oliver Queen and despite many people's opinions, I love this show. I have followed DC comics from my early years and have watched almost everything by DC (movies/shows). The plot is intense and the flashback to his days on the island are very insightful and very well incorporated into his life on a day-to-day basis. The writers reference others in the Green Arrow's comic book world very well. They foreshadow characters like the villains Dark Archer and Merlin or even a potential side kick "Speedy", very important characters in Oliver's comic book universe. The pilot of kind of rocky but improved exponentially as each episode passed. Looking forward to a season 2. Expand
  92. Feb 4, 2013
    This is the best show I have ever watched in my life. It is an amazing new way of looking at Green Arrow and its many twists and turns continue to make the even more awesome with each passing episode.
  93. Jan 31, 2013
    This is a show with so much potential and hopefully we can get a glimpse of how good it can get by the end of first season. The acting ranges from poor to average, the actors should start getting better by the end of the season, since they have been with these characters for a while now. The action is fun most of the time, but sometimes its very unexciting. The tone goes for a darker feel,This is a show with so much potential and hopefully we can get a glimpse of how good it can get by the end of first season. The acting ranges from poor to average, the actors should start getting better by the end of the season, since they have been with these characters for a while now. The action is fun most of the time, but sometimes its very unexciting. The tone goes for a darker feel, it does work, but it might be a little to over the top. The biggest problem is that there isnt one main villian and it hurts the show alot. We get brief appearances from some of the villians from the comic books, but they quickly leave the show and it gets messy at times. That will be the biggest problem for Arrow, is finding how to progress this story and its characters. Collapse
  94. Jan 22, 2013
    I was one of those who gave the show about 5 episodes to give it a chance. This show in my opinion has some poor castings, the lead actor does seems good, but the female support cast is weak. The scripts do not seem fluid enoug and when the cast is interacting with each other I am thinking to myself, "who the hell says stuff like that" The CW is trying really hard to target someI was one of those who gave the show about 5 episodes to give it a chance. This show in my opinion has some poor castings, the lead actor does seems good, but the female support cast is weak. The scripts do not seem fluid enoug and when the cast is interacting with each other I am thinking to myself, "who the hell says stuff like that" The CW is trying really hard to target some audience with this show, but I have no idea who the hell it is. It is not comic fans for sure. Expand
  95. Jan 21, 2013
    Great show! Love the way they set the characters up! This show is probably the best I have seen in a while! I hope they keep the show going with more seasons to come!
  96. Jan 20, 2013
    For some reason it keeps bringing me back and halfway through each episode i wonder why the hell i bothered. I think it's because i'm waiting for it to get better every episode and every episode, without fail, i'm utterly disappointed. the writing is all over the place. small bits of well written dialogue are mired in chunks of horrible writing. it has potential but we're 10 episodes in, iFor some reason it keeps bringing me back and halfway through each episode i wonder why the hell i bothered. I think it's because i'm waiting for it to get better every episode and every episode, without fail, i'm utterly disappointed. the writing is all over the place. small bits of well written dialogue are mired in chunks of horrible writing. it has potential but we're 10 episodes in, i mean come on. i wouldn't bother with it, the fourth season of justified started to weeks ago. watch that, then try and watch arrow, it's enough to make you cry Expand
  97. Jan 7, 2013
    I don't think the plot is very captivating and the lead role (whoever that bugger is) is just unloveable! I, as the viewer, don't sympathise with him at all and I wouldn't jump through hoops for him which most main characters should make you feel. But then again, what can you expect from The CW?
  98. Jan 1, 2013
    This show rocks. It is darker and deeper than Smallville. The new Oliver has a darker persona than the one in Smallville. The CW hit this one out of the park.
  99. Dec 30, 2012
    I love this show! It is so interesting!! And the guy who plays Oliver is SUPER attractive!:)
    Every episode I watch just gets better and better! I am super excited to see what happens when it comes back!
  100. Dec 24, 2012
    Cheese cliche dialogue...cheesy chiseled chin male model actors in the lead roles - hell even the bad guys are Zoolanders. Found it very hard to sit through more than 20 minutes at a time. Yet another comic book given a poor update.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.