• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Dec 19, 2014
    I agree that this show is far from being realistic, especially the bullets never hit him. This being said, I watch it with my girlfriend and we like the story, the cast and the fights. It's a good simple and fun show to watch.
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    Season 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on aSeason 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on a string of powerful episodes that sets up decently for Season 2. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2014
    A Great CW show with a lot of good villains and story arcs, a bit similar to Batman in some ways but still worth a watch. The show is in season three and might take you a while to catch up but it's worth it
  4. Oct 16, 2014
    The last few episodes of this season were amazingly intense.
    The progress of the plot was...... wow. This is what actually made Arrow the best show CW has had in years, save Flash (for later!)
  5. Sep 27, 2014
    I will review all the episodes here, on Metacritic:

I will review all the episodes here, on Metacritic:

Episode 1: Well, this was not a good start. I know that the episodes have to be short, but this is too damn rushed. The narrative flows throughout the pilot in a way so rushed that it's almost impossible to swallow all the information they're giving to us, and if it wasn't enough, the episode also suffers from too much exposition. All those flashbacks, it seemed so freaking unnecessary to tell the story in one episode. Fortunately, it has made a worthwhile as the cast and the action sequences stood out for this jumbled mess of episode. I think I'll should tell you that if you're a fan of Arrow, you will probably be excited for this chapter. It's not bad, but it's not very good either. I hope the show doesn't repeat the same stupid mistakes they did with Pilot. 5/10
  6. Sep 26, 2014
    HONESTLY this season started off as a crap CW romance show with a DC comics character, with more "action" then well the fighting kind of action. But then Slade Wilson appeared on the island and the show went up hill from there. The season finale was brilliant. HONESTLY it redeemed itself in the later half.
  7. Sep 26, 2014
    AWESOME AND AWESOME such a realistic approach to a superhero show and superb acting and action sequences make this show a must watch Stephen Amell Caity lolz are awesome as Arrow And Canary recommended show hope this show goes on forever :)
  8. Sep 25, 2014
  9. Aug 10, 2014
    Would i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a familyWould i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a family member or close friend- the friend will say "I wish you died on that island" and they will apologize before the episode is over saying they're sorry for saying that. In addition, i feel they should have stuck to the source material for Oliver Queen's character instead of blatantly ripping off Bruce Wayne. The threatening "Hood" approach just doesn't work and comes across as laughable. With that being said, its not terrible. Expand
  10. Jul 22, 2014
    Man this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is itsMan this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is its incredibly dumb characters. Even Oliver can be incredibly stupid at times and theres no reasoning behind it. In one episode, he is losing it over how his partner doesnt trust him with certain information, yet in the very next episode the exact same situation is reversed and he cant see what he's doing wrong. Its lazy writing. You WILL find yourself yelling at characters on screen because their stupidity is only placement for plot points and to drag certain story arc's out. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence some characters refuse to accept certain things that would otherwise change their mind until the season is almost at a close or the story arc is finished. I'm hoping S3 will be a lot better. Expand
  11. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up
  12. Jul 20, 2014
    "Arrow" builds its story from scratch and that's both a good and a bad thing. Bad because the growing pains won't heal until episode 15 and good because once the growing pains are gone, "Arrow" is surprisingly fun and entertaining show to watch.
  13. Jul 18, 2014
    The show is absolutely awesome.Got a great cast and premise and is very dark in a chris nolan kind of way .Hopefully since there are spinning of flash and introducing superpowers in the mix they don't make it cartoonist. A la fantastic four movie
  14. Jul 15, 2014
    Arrow is just simply bad. I watched nearly all the episodes of season one and looking back i wonder why I even bothered. There were 23 episodes for season one but it could have been edited to only 5. Terrible characters, lame plot, and cheap action scenes make this show a wast of time. The only reason I watched it was because of Deathstroke and at least the parts with him were watchable.
  15. Jul 13, 2014
    Season 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope thatSeason 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope that the CW doesn't backslide. Expand
  16. Jul 10, 2014
    An entertaining show full of intriguing characters and amazing action sequences. I found myself counting the days until the next episode. By far the best show the CW has put out in years, if not ever.
  17. Jul 9, 2014
    dumber version of batman. just dumb and **** doesn't necessarily means bad. i am sure there are millions of fans out there. i just don't like it. the script. the acting. could be done a lot better.
  18. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense dramaThis is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  19. Jun 3, 2014
    I really like this serial and i strongly recomand it..The story in my opinion is pretty good but always can be better .Hope 3rd season will come soon.
  20. May 12, 2014
    When I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fightingWhen I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fighting in my opinion, They are very well shot and can be exciting to watch. In conclusion, Arrow is the CW's best show in my opinion, and I hope lots of people watch it. Expand
  21. Apr 28, 2014
    I HATE SARAH. They need to kick her off. I saw the latest episode where she leaves, and everyone in my household was happy about it (more than 15 living here.) BTW WE ARE NOT MEXICANS, Just a big family. And Felicity and Oliver need to get together, they have great chemistry!!!!!
  22. Apr 22, 2014
    When i saw the first 3 episodes, i thought this show was amazing. Then, the story became boring and repetitive. If you're looking for something to blow you away, then watch another series.
  23. Apr 21, 2014
    A brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a fewA brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a few episodes before the cast and crew really get a clear understanding of how to best present this otherwise fantastic show. Expand
  24. Apr 7, 2014
    I enjoyed everything in this season and I going to watch season 2 when I can, it is an enjoyable experience that anyone will enjoy and get a kick out of watching. I hope they don't ruin the series and that the next one is just as good
  25. Apr 3, 2014
    People are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligencePeople are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligence where they expect you to believe that Sarah's own sister Laurel wouldn't recognize her when she saves her from bad guys, cuz she has a little mask covering her eyes! Come on, all you have to do is look at that butthole on her chin to know its Sarah. Weak! Expand
  26. Mar 31, 2014
    This show is just great! Great characters, story and drama. I really recommend this show it's the best i have ever seen. And i love the mix of superhero and just a normal guy.
  27. Mar 29, 2014
    A great show when there arnt too many filler episodes and when its not too "days of our lives" . Gets a 7/10 just because of the wholly unentertaining soap opera parts that must be there for a target demographic im not part of.
  28. Mar 11, 2014
    Absolute cracker of a show. Great presentation and action scenes and a wide selection of characters. Has dull moments but some match that of game of thrones in intensity. If your on the fence then watch it, good introduction to comics and pays homage and respect to DC lore.
  29. Feb 27, 2014
    Considering Arrow has been made on a TV show budget what they have created is very good. We are use to seeing superheros saved for the big screen with mega CGI and budgets but you won't see either here. The show has a very down to earth feel.

The idea to have both the island story and the return story in the same series is very clever, its almost like having an origin series and the original series running at the same time. The issue with having 2 main story arcs is that the series does have a slower pace and may not be for everyone.

The action scenes are very good and there are some appearances by other DC comic characters but thankfully not to many to keep the excitement of seeing new characters fresh. I have seen some of the comments claiming it is unrealistic that he can go through a room of machine gun fire with a bow and arrow and not get hit (episode 1) but this is a superhero show, so what do you expect! He is only human and he does get injured sometimes, but that is like batman, they did the same thing with him and he throws metal boomerangs!

Overall the series was enjoyable, the main story arc kind of finished as quickly as it kicked up a gear at the end of the series but it is definitely worth a shot. I am on season 2 now and that is definitely an improvement so something to look forward to.
  30. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely a good show. I get the same feeling like when watching a superhero movie only this is a series that makes it even greater. Oliver Queen suits his role perfect.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.