Arrow : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.1

1. Oct 16, 2012
    Wow.. I wasn't expecting that! I know violence shouldn't be used to prop up a show but it works! People actually get shot and killed in full view. Yeah sometimes there's clever editing but Oliver Queen actually kills bad guys!? That's a first! (For TV any way). You have to suspend belief for a super hero show by the way... I see some reviewers complaining you see... If you call forWow.. I wasn't expecting that! I know violence shouldn't be used to prop up a show but it works! People actually get shot and killed in full view. Yeah sometimes there's clever editing but Oliver Queen actually kills bad guys!? That's a first! (For TV any way). You have to suspend belief for a super hero show by the way... I see some reviewers complaining you see... If you call for reality then a lot of human supers would die in issue 1 or episode one! And the Batman comparison... The character is from from the same universe! And also.. You could always say the Batman model of the last 20 years was stolen from ninja's no? There's a lot of Michael Mann in Nolan's Batman.. He ain't that original.. Face it a lot of things are going be like Batman.. It's freakin comic book world! When you are an edgy Green Arrow what else can you do? Back to the review... The acting is Smallville standard, everybody is hot and the pacing is good. Don't expect comic book Green Arrow though.. Just like how Smallville is different to comic book Superman.
    Anyway if you liked all the other super hero TV shows then you'd like this.
  2. Dec 19, 2014
    I agree that this show is far from being realistic, especially the bullets never hit him. This being said, I watch it with my girlfriend and we like the story, the cast and the fights. It's a good simple and fun show to watch.
  3. Oct 10, 2012
    I'm hoping that 'Arrow' follows the ranks of 'Supernatural' and 'Smallville' and becomes yet another comic book drama that's a hit for CW... It deserves it.
  4. Mar 2, 2013
    Surprisingly well written and produced show from what is generally a teen soap trash network (CW). I was expecting Good lucking young actors in a poorly acted and written soap with more romantic intrigue than mystery, emotional depth or character development. What I go tinstead was only a few of those, which I can stomach. The acting is still subpar and leave much to be desired, but theSurprisingly well written and produced show from what is generally a teen soap trash network (CW). I was expecting Good lucking young actors in a poorly acted and written soap with more romantic intrigue than mystery, emotional depth or character development. What I go tinstead was only a few of those, which I can stomach. The acting is still subpar and leave much to be desired, but the writing is very tight and the moderation of romantic fluff is appreciated. Yes, it is still filled with hotties making the the whole thing less believable, but a female viewership is always on the CW's mind. Expand
  5. May 14, 2015
    So, I thought I would laugh and point at the latest comic book TV series (not even a movie haha!) and I was totally rebuffed by the performance of Stephen Amell. He has completely made his careerr in this series. An amazing performance and cast.

Felicity Smoak is a great character also, played by Emily Rickards and she does a great job with it. I'm giving it a 9/10 for the

I'm giving it a 9/10 for the performances alone.
  6. Mar 17, 2013
    What do you get when you mix Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy with 'Gossip Girl'? You get one of this season's surprising hit: a version of super hero Green Arrow, brought to live in a typical Nolan-esque fashion. It reminds me a lot of another excellent (albeit short lived) TV series based on the Flash, released several short years after Burton's Batman. Sure, it tries to pander to the CW'sWhat do you get when you mix Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy with 'Gossip Girl'? You get one of this season's surprising hit: a version of super hero Green Arrow, brought to live in a typical Nolan-esque fashion. It reminds me a lot of another excellent (albeit short lived) TV series based on the Flash, released several short years after Burton's Batman. Sure, it tries to pander to the CW's usual target market: containing hearthrob such as Steve Ammel and Katie Cassidy, but hey..it works. It also brought one of DC's B-Grade super hero into the limelight. Great stuff. Expand
  7. Oct 21, 2013
    I sit here going through the reviews of this show and I am shocked to see that people who loved the show got it, and people who hated completely failed to see the point or understand the story. For instance a guy gives it a horrible review because he watched two episodes and doesn't understand how you get stranded on an island and then become a super fighter and archer just like that. IfI sit here going through the reviews of this show and I am shocked to see that people who loved the show got it, and people who hated completely failed to see the point or understand the story. For instance a guy gives it a horrible review because he watched two episodes and doesn't understand how you get stranded on an island and then become a super fighter and archer just like that. If you watch the whole season you find out how he became trained in those things. Another compares it to Batman, Everyone who has read or knows of the Green Arrow know that that is exactly what it is. DC tried capitalizing on Green Arrow like Batman and realized they couldn't do that. But this shows still goes to the Green Arrows roots.

Now as for my review, going into this and knowing it is a TV show, it is pretty good for a CW show. You would think it would be low budget and not look real at all, however the show doesn't try to do too much with special effects. It does its best on what it's given and succeeds to create a reality that I believe could actually happen. To the people complaining that there is so much gun fire and yet he is never hit, in the first episode or second episode he does but gets right back up, assuming that his costume is bullet proof is key to the whole series. Everyone needs a little imagination and a show like this thrives on that fact.

I was very apprehensive going in because it was a CW show and although Smallville was good, it had an even more low budget feel to it. With shows like S.H.E.I.L.D and the new Batman TV show going into production, I believe there is a place for a higher budget Action series, and Arrow was the great start. I look forward to catching up on season 2 and highly recommend this show to any comic book fan, fan of using their imagination, or someone looking for a fun show.
  8. Feb 14, 2013
    The last episode (14) was unwatchable because of the flashbacks (ad nauseam), Too bad. Most of the show was our Arrow boy hurt or showing how he became tough. Non of this added to the story even though it is a comic...
  9. Apr 23, 2015
    Started off poorly but has quickly become one of my favorite shows to watch. I've grind watched this season rather quickly and can't wait to jump into season 2.
  10. Oct 8, 2013
    The show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag thingsThe show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag things out like some shows would when it comes to telling people who he is and he gets a good team together and more comic characters show up. The island side of the story is pretty annoying early on, interrupting the action in the city stories and making you think 'I don't care about this, why are they still showing us the island' but it eventually develops a good plot of its own which ties in with the main city plot and even when there is a whole episode on the island its not unwelcome. It's taking a long time for Dinah to become Canary but given the shows caution with superpowers its understandable. Since Flash is getting an appearance which is apparently a back door pilot in season 2 it probably wont be long before she does find her voice. John Barrowman is great as Merlyn and the finale was awesome. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2012
    This could have been a spectaclar show it has a great story which maintains a balance between comic world and reality but its flaw is its choppy and stupid editing the fight scene are i mean gr8 but seriouly bullets went through him in two episodes but he was not hit and in many other scenes finishing was very choppy u want to love this show but u cannot get beside the fact of editing yesThis could have been a spectaclar show it has a great story which maintains a balance between comic world and reality but its flaw is its choppy and stupid editing the fight scene are i mean gr8 but seriouly bullets went through him in two episodes but he was not hit and in many other scenes finishing was very choppy u want to love this show but u cannot get beside the fact of editing yes it is true it does not ahve that deep of a story as dexter breaking bad the wire etc but its a very enjoyable well written comicbook story suitable for all ages i say i am impressed by the show especially the way they are showing him being trained on the island that is gr8 i wud say this show is gr8 gud action, gud story,welldirected,well acted i hope if there is a next season which most probably will be they get rid of there mistakes especially get a better editor Expand
  12. Oct 17, 2012
    This is probably the best premiere i've seen so far this fall! It's well written, it's a superhero story, with a more darker and very mysterious intriguing approach, pretty much in the style of Nolan's Batman. The action sequences are fluid and fast paced, very well executed, everything fom photography to sound design appears to be on point. I also really liked the choice of actors. SomeThis is probably the best premiere i've seen so far this fall! It's well written, it's a superhero story, with a more darker and very mysterious intriguing approach, pretty much in the style of Nolan's Batman. The action sequences are fluid and fast paced, very well executed, everything fom photography to sound design appears to be on point. I also really liked the choice of actors. Some might say Stephen Amell seems one dimensional, but i'll just say he's the reflection of a character that has a story to tell and a mission to accomplish. The storyline so far seems to lead to something very interesting, and i just hope it remains interesting. Other than that, the show is well cast and well directed, and i'm anxious to see what's ahead for this tv show. This might just be the surprise revelation for Cw if they handle it wisely and carefully. Well done so far ! Expand
  13. Oct 12, 2012
    WOW! Good beginning for a superhero. Arrow really proved to be a better series than I thought it would be. It has that vibe, that potential and moreover, the storyline can be really good if written and edited properly. Although there were few mistakes in the pilot and editing sucked at times but I hope the future episodes will be better and well crafted.
  14. Dec 29, 2013
    Enjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up hisEnjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up his ass or something) this is really my only big gripe and the fact that the marketing for this show made me believe that it was for Teenage girls, its not, it appeals to us guys as well, it just makes u feel embraced that ur watching the show.

Overall i really enjoyed the arrow, only having 2 big gripes i still believe that it is enjoyable and that the writing is very well done, on most eps.
    overall I recommend sitting down and watching the Arrow: 7/10, is good, not great, the 2 gripes really got in the way of my enjoyment
  15. Oct 30, 2012
    Don't expect Arrow to be the next great thing. But if you put your mind on the right setting, it may be a pretty enjoyable show. The action sequences are very fun to watch and Stephen Arnell is a solid lead as Oliver Queen since he's likeable and believable as a badass antihero. The acting is decent, but the corny and contrived dialogue doesn't help you to take the show any seriously.Don't expect Arrow to be the next great thing. But if you put your mind on the right setting, it may be a pretty enjoyable show. The action sequences are very fun to watch and Stephen Arnell is a solid lead as Oliver Queen since he's likeable and believable as a badass antihero. The acting is decent, but the corny and contrived dialogue doesn't help you to take the show any seriously. Specially the unnecessary pop culture jokes, which get annoying after a while and will be dated in 3 years. Even though the plot has every single superhero story cliche you can think of, it keeps you interested to know what happens next. Arrow isn't as cheesy as Smallville, nor as dark and gritty as the Christopher Nolan Batman films, it's somewhere right in the middle, which is a nice place to be. Expand
  16. Apr 23, 2013
    Magnifica serie te atrae desde el principio y te obliga a seguirla hasta el final, Llena de accion, comedia, de todo un poco y sobre todo de mucho misterio sobre el protagonista
  17. Oct 12, 2012
    It's the best series premiere of this fall season. Everything is right and it has a thing that reminds me of Batman Begins. I only hope they keep it that way.
  18. Oct 10, 2012
    I liked this show a lot, it was fun and exciting. The only thing that bugged me is how the Queen mansion looks identical to the Luthor mansion in Smallville.
  19. Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't yet seen a single boring episode in this show. Very interesting story and it develops with a nice pace too. Actors play their part pretty damn well i would say. I can warmly recommend this to anyone.
  20. Oct 11, 2012
    The pilot episodes does what's it suppose to do, draw us in to the episode. The episode itself is well done and David Nutter is directing. Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen does good in this episode and I am going to follow this series for now....
  21. Oct 13, 2012
    An action-packed pilot that gives some intriguing mysteries. If this show is handled properly through out the next episodes, this might be one of CW's next big thing.
  22. Oct 13, 2012
    For the comic book action drama types for the local tv this one hits the nail on the head. In terms of its production quality, acting and story line it is much better done than many other shows that is attempting to get into the sci fi, comic book, fantasy type genre. Yeah I know you could each of these into separate categories but face it were talking about this appealing to the sameFor the comic book action drama types for the local tv this one hits the nail on the head. In terms of its production quality, acting and story line it is much better done than many other shows that is attempting to get into the sci fi, comic book, fantasy type genre. Yeah I know you could each of these into separate categories but face it were talking about this appealing to the same demographic. The guy who watched smallville and thinks revolution is cool. Is the same guy that will like this. However this is much better done. Granted with any comic book flicks there are some unbelievable things like dodging machine gun fire. But this is a action show that you and your 10 your old son could watch together without it being over the top with violence and blood. Honestly I don't see my self watching this but if this type of genre is your thing this is surly going to be a hit for you. Expand
  23. rah
    Nov 1, 2012
    First and foremost, this is a comic based tv show, and one I find hugely entertaining. It is not an exploitation of batman, it is a separate series that has been established for decades. It does however ask us to suspend our disbelief, but that is what all great comics do. Arrow is able to hold my attention from beginning to end and gives me something to look forward to week after week. IFirst and foremost, this is a comic based tv show, and one I find hugely entertaining. It is not an exploitation of batman, it is a separate series that has been established for decades. It does however ask us to suspend our disbelief, but that is what all great comics do. Arrow is able to hold my attention from beginning to end and gives me something to look forward to week after week. I highly recommend watch this incredible tv show. Expand
  24. Oct 16, 2012
    As a pilot, this has been a refreshing start and I hope this series continues in the same vein. The writing was strong and the story arcs that it seems to be developing are all interesting. I look forward to more episodes at this level.
  25. Nov 21, 2012
    This superhero show is the CW's best show since Gossip Girl
  26. Oct 26, 2012
    "Arrow" is a great production to bring to life the crime-fighting Green Arrow. It keeps you wondering and questioning, while also including action and other D.C. characters.
  27. Nov 2, 2012
    If you're a fan of Green Arrow, the comic verse of similar characters, and just a fan of super heroes and or shows, then Arrow is the show for you! The show's opening pilot introduces us to an Arrow that is edgy, and rough around the edges seeking justice for those that have wronged the city. The show features an ensemble cast of like-able characters that fit the role. But it falls shortIf you're a fan of Green Arrow, the comic verse of similar characters, and just a fan of super heroes and or shows, then Arrow is the show for you! The show's opening pilot introduces us to an Arrow that is edgy, and rough around the edges seeking justice for those that have wronged the city. The show features an ensemble cast of like-able characters that fit the role. But it falls short with the characters not really adding depth to there characters, or believable acting. Cold stone faces, beautiful women, and angry mob bosses, are what pollute the show. The show itself is well done, but at times it's hard to really get sucked into the show because of the drawback of the cold-acting and the lack of character depth. Everything seems sort of strung together, but in the end the action of Arrow makeup for that. The show will probably pick it self up, but for now it's a double edge sword. Both good, and well, sort of bland. It's great for super hero geeks, fans, and nerds ( like my self), that can appreciate the efforts of CW. But, for those that don't have a strong devotion towards super hero lore, heroes, and the such. It may be a little hard to come to like Arrow. Give it a chance! And you may like it! :) Expand
  28. Nov 16, 2012
    Think of this show as a made for TV version of Batman Begins. By that I mean the plot, characters, somewhat dark tone (music and style) are very similar to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. The quality of each hour long episode is of course not the same as that of a 70 million dollar blockbuster but the show is very solid and surprisingly addictive. Perhaps more than anything else, whatThink of this show as a made for TV version of Batman Begins. By that I mean the plot, characters, somewhat dark tone (music and style) are very similar to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. The quality of each hour long episode is of course not the same as that of a 70 million dollar blockbuster but the show is very solid and surprisingly addictive. Perhaps more than anything else, what makes this show good is Stephen Amell who is very likable and a legitimately talented actor. The rest of the cast is not bad at all either.

My advice, is manage your expectations and give the pilot a watch and it will give you a good idea of what to expect, i'd be surprised if you didn't tune in for another afterwards... (watch most recent episodes free on CW website).
  29. Nov 18, 2012
    I was in love since I first saw the pilot. I'm a big fan of green arrow, and this series is a lot like him. The acting, the plot, the way the story is told, the flashbacks, and everything else looks just great! I can't miss a single episode of one of my favorite shows in a couple of years now. If they keep it the way it started, and don't wreck it because of money, Arrow will be epic.
  30. Nov 25, 2012
    I'm familiar with the Green Arrow history only from other characters (Smallville/ Justice League animated series) and wikipedia. I like how they've modernized it and switched up some characters. Feels a little like a bad weekly Batman Begins for the first few episodes, but if you stick with it, you'll have a relatively cool superhero show at a time when most tv is unscripted and awful.I'm familiar with the Green Arrow history only from other characters (Smallville/ Justice League animated series) and wikipedia. I like how they've modernized it and switched up some characters. Feels a little like a bad weekly Batman Begins for the first few episodes, but if you stick with it, you'll have a relatively cool superhero show at a time when most tv is unscripted and awful. Good for mid-road superhero lovers (die-hards will surely pan it for its departures from the comics). Expand

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.