• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 1, 2012
  • Season #: 1
8.3

1. Mar 5, 2012
    I could tell just minutes into the pilot of the show that it's doomed to fail. The writers/produces deprived us of the most satisfying moments. Where was the scene when the lead character FIRST awakes to a new/alternate existence. Where was that look of terror or joy the first time he sets eyes on his wife and son, brought back to life. Instead, we are fast forwarded through the accident and his first days living out these two existences. BBC TV would have mined this for episodes worth of great drama... I get it, they want to keep us guessing which reality is the real one. But guess what, I don't care. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Apr 2, 2012
    Awake may be hard to categorize, but it's worth our attention.
    The cop stuff feels like it could be happening in any other NBC cop show; I kept expecting Prime Suspect's Maria Bello to show up in that cute hat. But given the originality on display, and the venue, those are minor complaints.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Heller
    Mar 1, 2012
    The pilot's strength was neither accidental nor fleeting: Each subsequent episode has evocative moments that flirt with that early greatness, even if they're not as riveting.