Beauty and the Beast (2012) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.4

1. Oct 14, 2012
    I was not a fan ot the original series so i thought i would hate this show. Also got very tired of Kreuk in smallville... but i thought she had grown up well and matured nicely.The Premise has room to grow but caught my interest. seemed to have a nice budget behind it and at times had a big screen feel to it. Kreuk's action/fight sequence was beautiful to watch. The only major problem iI was not a fan ot the original series so i thought i would hate this show. Also got very tired of Kreuk in smallville... but i thought she had grown up well and matured nicely.The Premise has room to grow but caught my interest. seemed to have a nice budget behind it and at times had a big screen feel to it. Kreuk's action/fight sequence was beautiful to watch. The only major problem i had was the "Beast" was better looking than Paul freakin Newman. whats that about. anyway overall I enjoyed it. Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2012
    I personally didn't like the 1980s version, so for me CW's remake is a vast improvement. I'm interested to see where the series goes - given that we've only seen 3 episodes so far...
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    This tv series is starting to grown on me. After watching episode 1, I didn't want to stop. It's an addictive tv series and i can't wait for the next episode! It's a part of my life now.
  4. Nov 24, 2012
    It is a descent remake which actually has a good story.. I can't wait for the next episode. I cannot understand the negativity and also it is absurd to me that breaking bad is so highly recommended the serial is foolish...
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    i love the show!! cant wait to see them get together,,,, of course there are many reason why they shouldn't but finding a way is why i love romantic shows like this,,
  6. Dec 12, 2012
    I love this show! I am a HUGE fan and I really want to see where it can go. It has amazing potential! I want to see another season! It is so different from anything on T.V right now. It has substance!! Sherri & Jenn are so creative and I know they have an amazing advanture ahead if given the chance to journey there.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    I like this show. It's premis is totally different from the 1980's version of the show starring Ron Perlman & Linda Hamilton. This is a modern day take on Beauty & the Beast. The first 5 episodes were kind of uneven in pacing, storyline & character development. But things are getting interesting now & the mid-season finale was really good in my opinion. Kreuk & Ryan have on-screenI like this show. It's premis is totally different from the 1980's version of the show starring Ron Perlman & Linda Hamilton. This is a modern day take on Beauty & the Beast. The first 5 episodes were kind of uneven in pacing, storyline & character development. But things are getting interesting now & the mid-season finale was really good in my opinion. Kreuk & Ryan have on-screen chemistry which helps with the storyline. But I wonder what's going to happen between Evan & Catherine? Seems like there may be a love triangle brewing!

P.S. Still cannot totally buy Kreuk when she does the fight scenes. In terms of body type she looks far too delicate to be able to kick ass. I've never seen a fighter that looks like her & I have practised Aikido & Karate.
  8. Dec 20, 2012
    I love the series you never have compare one to another, its that you compare a boyfriend to another or a food, differences make the life better and this its different. They are great and its more real the another one was great in that time but it was't real because the beast was to much for reality, this one its more credibility because can happen.

Just enjoy the show. Merry Christmas.
  9. Dec 21, 2012
    think this show was judged way too harshly for its first couple of episodes. The opening shows of any series are not usually the greatest simply for the fact the characters and back stories need to be established. I found that by the fourth episode, a lot of the growing pains were done and it really started hitting its stride. The last two episodes of the fall - particularly the fallthink this show was judged way too harshly for its first couple of episodes. The opening shows of any series are not usually the greatest simply for the fact the characters and back stories need to be established. I found that by the fourth episode, a lot of the growing pains were done and it really started hitting its stride. The last two episodes of the fall - particularly the fall finale - were really great. I think there is some great chemistry between Kreuk & Ryan, and I for one am looking forward to the series resuming in January. Expand
  10. Dec 21, 2012
    It is very easy to become dependent on this serial. Critics didn't like it at all, but I'm fond of it. Especially cool is the string of feelings between main characters - chemistry between sexually sad doctor-halk and cop-girl.
  11. Dec 27, 2012
    I Love this show!!! Its soo good! It has a really good story line and a great romance at the core, its gripping! I love the characters and I cannot wait for the next episode to see what happens with Catherine and Vincent! Jay Ryan is Gorgeous as the Beast! I really hope it gets a second season!!
  12. Dec 29, 2012
    I was a fan of the '80's version so wasn't sure what to expect of this new one. I am really enjoying it, love the twist on the "beast" being due to a secret military experiment gone wrong. I absolutely love the chemistry between Vincent and Catherine. JT is a great sidekick, great comic relief. Jay is very easy on the eyes, love his expressions, emotes well. I really like Kristin as Cat,I was a fan of the '80's version so wasn't sure what to expect of this new one. I am really enjoying it, love the twist on the "beast" being due to a secret military experiment gone wrong. I absolutely love the chemistry between Vincent and Catherine. JT is a great sidekick, great comic relief. Jay is very easy on the eyes, love his expressions, emotes well. I really like Kristin as Cat, her fight scenes are believable, can tell she has martial arts training. Expand
  13. Dec 30, 2012
    I'm really loving Beauty and the Beast! It is the only show I watch live, in fact. Each episode seems to improve over the last. I'm enjoying watching the romance between Vincent and Catherine, slowly unfold. Kristin and Jay have great chemistry. I hope this show gets more seasons. It is just now starting to hit its stride.
  14. Dec 30, 2012
    I am loving this show! It was a little slow starting out, but now it is so interesting! I have been watching it on Hulu. I just finished watching the last episode that is one there last night. I cant wait for the show to come back after new years!!
  15. Dec 30, 2012
    I was never a fan of the "original" but this is a complete different take but with the same elements, I think Kristing K and Jay R chemistry is palpable, and is CW if Nikita, 90210 can make it more than 2 seasons, so BATB can. I am for once enjoying the ride, I havent been to the CW since it was the WB with Roswell and Im liking am a live fan every Thursdays Im in front of my tv watchingI was never a fan of the "original" but this is a complete different take but with the same elements, I think Kristing K and Jay R chemistry is palpable, and is CW if Nikita, 90210 can make it more than 2 seasons, so BATB can. I am for once enjoying the ride, I havent been to the CW since it was the WB with Roswell and Im liking am a live fan every Thursdays Im in front of my tv watching this show, I dont usually watch tv but Merlin, Once Upon a time and this baby BATB. Expand
  16. Jan 4, 2013
    This isn't the same as the original show; it was 25 years ago to start with and I did see it new. I do however consider this a worthy successor and would be disappointed if it were canceled.
  17. Jan 7, 2013
    The story would need a bit of improvement (especially from the point of individual crime cases and the fast pacing), but it is generally getting much better as the show proceeds. Unlike the critics I think it is very nice to have a different remake from the 80-ties version and a different background story for Vincent. And the chemistry between Vincent and Catherine is just amazing!!!
  18. Jan 16, 2013
    I, for one, am an avid fan of this new series. I began the show without expectations, but it quickly reeled me in. Kristin and Jay have so much on-screen chemistry. But beyond that, I love that Catherine Chandler can hold her own ground. I like shows with strong heroines, and she proves to be just that. Not to mention Jay is great as the beast, filled with his angst and inner turmoil.
  19. Jan 20, 2013
    It gets really tiring to see ppl complain how the beast is too attrative to play this role. Get over it. It's obvious that it's not just about his physical apperance but about his inner beast. And yes you might argue that this is a remake of the 1980's show BUT a remake doesn't mean that the show has to be just like the one that already excists, I mean isn't that the exciting part aboutIt gets really tiring to see ppl complain how the beast is too attrative to play this role. Get over it. It's obvious that it's not just about his physical apperance but about his inner beast. And yes you might argue that this is a remake of the 1980's show BUT a remake doesn't mean that the show has to be just like the one that already excists, I mean isn't that the exciting part about this? This show is going a whole different way. And it is getting better with every epsiode! If you weren't too thrilled by the pilot, you should still give it a try. I don't think you'll be dissapointed. I think this show really has something. Especially the chemistry between Catherine and Vincent, it's electrifying! Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2013
    When I heard about the new show, I was worried that like many others shows that have come out recently it would be a fail and be cancelled. As a fan of the original film I wasn't sure I would enjoy it but I was willing to try. This was by far one of the best shows I have seen in a long time, the plot was great, the script was perfect, every line meant something. The cast and acting wereWhen I heard about the new show, I was worried that like many others shows that have come out recently it would be a fail and be cancelled. As a fan of the original film I wasn't sure I would enjoy it but I was willing to try. This was by far one of the best shows I have seen in a long time, the plot was great, the script was perfect, every line meant something. The cast and acting were brilliant, the characters, interesting and the whole concept just fabulous. I cannot wait to see where they go with this and I hope to see many more series. Even though there are mixed reviews, there are always going to be people who don't like it but I hope that this will continue. Give this show a chance to show it's potential. I can see it going far! The perfect match of romance and drama! Expand
  21. Jan 31, 2013
    Ive been waiting for so long for a AMAZING TV DRAMA to watch after Prison Break. But thank youuuuuu to the Director of this NEW tv drama. Man you are doing a awesome job for this new tv drama. Im so obsessed by this lovely amazing tv drama. dammm.Speechless. Jay and Kristin are the matching couple in this new drama and are AMAZINGGGG actors playing VICENT and CAT. PERFECT FOR EACH OTHERIve been waiting for so long for a AMAZING TV DRAMA to watch after Prison Break. But thank youuuuuu to the Director of this NEW tv drama. Man you are doing a awesome job for this new tv drama. Im so obsessed by this lovely amazing tv drama. dammm.Speechless. Jay and Kristin are the matching couple in this new drama and are AMAZINGGGG actors playing VICENT and CAT. PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER and to ALL THE Producers and everyone behind this amazing tv drama, of making it, actors etc... GOD BLESS YOUS with your GOOD talent. Cant wait to buy the whole series. Keep it up. 100% for this NEW TV SERIES/DRAMA.lol. :).xx. ..ROSSYY.. Expand
  22. Jan 31, 2013
    I was really hesitating before watching because of kristin kreuk but I'm loving it so far. And seriously what's with the critics ?! -_-' Can't wait for the next episode
  23. Feb 2, 2013
    This show is fabulous! KK and JR are phenomenal actors and their love story is sweet. The supporting casts are all equally very talented. I would recommend this show to anyone who likes love stories.
  24. Feb 11, 2013
    Wasn't too sure about this remake but it has kept me hanging on for the following weeks show. The writing might not be the best but I really like the show and actors. Hope it stays on.
  25. Feb 17, 2013
    Absolutely love this show!! Every Episode just gets better and better. Extremely entertaining even when you are going through an emotional roller coaster with the two main characters. Hope it continues to a second season.
  26. Feb 17, 2013
    I was not a fan of the original series, but something in the previews to the show captured my attention. Each episode is better than the previous one. The twists and turn that have been created make it interesting. Hoping that the series will continue for years to come!!!
  27. Feb 22, 2013
    After seeing the pilot, I thought the show was so so, but I liked the 2 leads and their chemistry was good; so I stayed with the show and I'm glad I did.
    Cause, as each episode progresses it gets better and better and now I'm so addicted to this show.
    First and foremost, this show is about romance with elements of sci-fi and action and the 2 leads; Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk have amazing chemistry that is off the charts.
  28. Feb 23, 2013
    I have always been a fan of the animation and of different people as a whole, no matter what. When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. Evertyhing is so pure, so beautiful, so tender I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Tho show shows a lot of things, which most ot the people can not or do not want to see and acceptI have always been a fan of the animation and of different people as a whole, no matter what. When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. Evertyhing is so pure, so beautiful, so tender I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Tho show shows a lot of things, which most ot the people can not or do not want to see and accept yet. Really wonderful show! Expand
  29. Feb 27, 2013
    This show is very entertaining and could satisfy many viewers. It has the more potential than many of the shows we see today. A second season is definitely worth a try and it should make a lot of people happy :D
  30. Mar 2, 2013
    7 episodes in, and all I can say is, HANG IN THERE, because it only gets better! The chemistry between Catherine and Vincent has ignited, sexual tension between the Doc and Catherine has started, and suspense, wonder and yearning for more has been initiated. The first few episodes began dismally, boring and far from entertaining, however by the 4th episode things began to change. You get7 episodes in, and all I can say is, HANG IN THERE, because it only gets better! The chemistry between Catherine and Vincent has ignited, sexual tension between the Doc and Catherine has started, and suspense, wonder and yearning for more has been initiated. The first few episodes began dismally, boring and far from entertaining, however by the 4th episode things began to change. You get drawn in with the characters pain, their love story, and experience all emotions from high to low and vice versa. It now leaves you wanting for more. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Oct 11, 2012
    Beauty and the Beast is, alas, also woefully crafted on every level.
    Beauty and the Beast's pilot is rarely more than competent, sometimes stubbed-toe clumsy. But if it can hang around for a while, devise a style that matches its story, and tap its stars' sincerity, it could become a cult hit: perpetually underrated but loved.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Oct 11, 2012
    The original Beast was a beauty. This one's a bust.