Better Off Ted : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 18, 2009
Season #: 1, 2
8.4

1. Apr 6, 2014
    This shows incredible witty humor and even funnier cast makes this really short television comedy and brilliantly created and acted piece of comedy history that, unfortunately, was cancelled before It's time. Long before It's time.
  2. Dec 31, 2011
    For a show's first season this show has done and Exceptional work at laying out it's originality and showing great used of its satirical dark comedy and the well rounded personalities of its quirky characters. For a first season the show has great marksmanship because it took aim and hit its target goal which is to become a great, creative, and definitely powerful new comedy that is uniqueFor a show's first season this show has done and Exceptional work at laying out it's originality and showing great used of its satirical dark comedy and the well rounded personalities of its quirky characters. For a first season the show has great marksmanship because it took aim and hit its target goal which is to become a great, creative, and definitely powerful new comedy that is unique and will become the next big thing on TV. This show has great wit to boot. Although Solid Performance from its lead Jay Harrington (which is at least needed from its lead) and Exceptional Performances from its Breakout actors Portia de Rossi & Jonathan Slavin. Expand
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    This is one of the greatest shows that just keeps u interested throughout the whole thing. I would recommend to everyone in the world if possible. Just amazing
  4. Feb 27, 2011
    Its excellent in terms of an easy watching comedy, with genuinely funny fast paced jokes. However it loses points on character development, and the inability to draw you in from the word go.
  5. Jan 25, 2011
    Awesome, funny show. Great characters. Such a pity it was canceled. These days it's getting to the point where I wait for series to get canceled before I start watching it.
  6. Aug 16, 2010
    This is a very clever and funny sitcom that reminds me of a combo of Arrested Development and The Office. We need more sitcoms like this. I'm giving it a 10 because I really can't think of anything on it that needs improvement. It's perfect.
  7. SteveL
    Jan 6, 2010
    A great show. Easily the best comedy on TV right now. It manages to be quirky, clever, and occasionally hilarious, while sustaining interesting characters. It doesn't reach the lofty heights of its creative predecessor, Andy Richter Controls the Universe. But it gets close. If ABC messes this one up, I'll be ticked.
  8. AnthonyP
    Sep 4, 2009
    Sure, the corporation is preposterous, but much of what is being satirized is close to reality. Much like the corporate advice from Jack on 30 Rock (though much of the rest of that show is on the silly level). As opposed to the Office, where all but the most braindead realize that Michael would now be in jail, beaten to a pulp, or shot, of course after he'd been fired from about a Sure, the corporation is preposterous, but much of what is being satirized is close to reality. Much like the corporate advice from Jack on 30 Rock (though much of the rest of that show is on the silly level). As opposed to the Office, where all but the most braindead realize that Michael would now be in jail, beaten to a pulp, or shot, of course after he'd been fired from about a hundred companies. Better Off Ted has the ring of truth, which makes the best satire. The Office and Parks and Recreation have the ring of scriptwriters saying, "Look how quirky and over the top we are, you advertiser darling young slackers!". Expand
  9. MikeP
    Jun 4, 2009
    Glad this one was renewed for a second season.. I started watching this one when my Tivo would catch the first few minutes after recording the final Scrubs episodes. I caught up with the online episodes and now I'm hooked. The "Racial Sensitivity" episode in particular was the funniest half hour of TV I've seen in at least a couple of years.
  10. gracea
    Apr 25, 2009
    It's really getting its groove on as the weeks pass. Good pacing, genuinely funny, well played and the refreshing feel of a team of players not content with just filling in the dots. Salt & Peppa lab buddies are pure gold.
  11. D.R
    Apr 19, 2009
    At first, the commercials did not pique my interest at all, but as I watched the introduction, my eyes were glued onto the screen, as I slowly realized how the commercials barely did any justice to the series. It's funny, original, and wacky in it's own sense. The plot, including how the characters respond to what's going on is priceless. You'll definitely love Better At first, the commercials did not pique my interest at all, but as I watched the introduction, my eyes were glued onto the screen, as I slowly realized how the commercials barely did any justice to the series. It's funny, original, and wacky in it's own sense. The plot, including how the characters respond to what's going on is priceless. You'll definitely love Better Off Ted. Highly recommended Expand
  12. KevT
    Apr 7, 2009
    Very good show for those who like something a little different. In some way it could be the follow up show to "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". It would be the job Lewis might have gotten after going through college. The style of Better Off Ted has a toned down Parker Lewis feel. The cast works well together and the writers will have a challenge keeping the content fresh. Love their fake Very good show for those who like something a little different. In some way it could be the follow up show to "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". It would be the job Lewis might have gotten after going through college. The style of Better Off Ted has a toned down Parker Lewis feel. The cast works well together and the writers will have a challenge keeping the content fresh. Love their fake corporate commercials for Veridian Dynamics. Expand
  13. MichaelM
    Mar 29, 2009
    Easily the most interesting and original comedy in years. I enjoy the clean humor and depth of character, oh and Rose, she is adorable. "you don't freeze people who come to your daughters birthday party". I hope the show doesn't decline to fast, I imaging this kind of show is difficult to keep fresh.
  14. ColinC
    Mar 23, 2009
    Pilot was entertaining. Given a chance, I could see really enjoying this show. Of course, it needs to not get canceled first. Give it a try. I gave Big Bang Theory a 7 on it's pilot and it's matured into a solid 8 or even 9. (For me, at least.).
  15. PrestonJ
    Mar 22, 2009
    Fun, different, completely original, and a great cast. Not much direction but it doesn't need it. Due to it not being a drama about Docs, Lawyers, or Cops i give it one to two seasons before the network pulls it for yet another crappy rip off of Law and Order (which is still the best procedural cop show on TV).
  16. Kyle
    Mar 21, 2009
    Offbeat, clever show that I hope lasts. Unfortunately, America likes their television watered down usually with a laughtrack or big name stars. Good to see someone from Arrested Development back on t.v... Portia rules!
  17. WilliamD
    Mar 20, 2009
    The Triumphant return of "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" - even has "Byron"! Hurray!
  18. GabeC
    Mar 19, 2009
    One of the best comedies I've seen on TV in a long long time. That guy Malcolm Barrett is hysterical. He's the AT&T / Bud Light guy.

The new ABC show is significantly better than its corny title promises.
  2. Better Off Ted is certainly the most original sitcom to come along in a while.
  3. It's the clever satire for which we've all been waiting.