Bionic Woman : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2007
5.2

1. SaraK
    Oct 4, 2007
    I could hardly wait for the series to start but it turned out to be a BIG disappointment. For one thing, they couldn't pick a worse actress than Ryan. Don't know exactly what else, but as soon as I flipped the channel, I channel, I forgot to come back to the show. Boring. Wish they release the original series on DVD already.
  2. AmirM.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I was greatly disappointed. The plot has so many holes in it you can't even go fishing with it... Some very bad cliches, too.
  3. GamerB.
    Sep 28, 2007
    Awful series based on an awful series. Completely emotionless acting, vacant stares, bad special effects, a 12 second sequence covering a two-hit "fight" and the turning of fan favorite Katie Sackoff into a Dick Tracey bad guy all conspire to make this complete dreck. I'll watch it again only when I start getting paid for my television time or it turns out this mess cures cancer.
  4. Todd
    Nov 20, 2007
    I've been trying SO hard to like this show. I *want* to like it. Unfortunately, I can't get passed the annoying-damn shaky cam and constant use of blurry obstructions in the foreground. PLEASE invest in a bionic tripod and rediscover the beauty and art of cinematography. I'll start watching the show again when you quit jerking the camera around and shooting from behind I've been trying SO hard to like this show. I *want* to like it. Unfortunately, I can't get passed the annoying-damn shaky cam and constant use of blurry obstructions in the foreground. PLEASE invest in a bionic tripod and rediscover the beauty and art of cinematography. I'll start watching the show again when you quit jerking the camera around and shooting from behind blurry objects in the foreground that always seem to get in the way of the focal point. Thanks. Expand
  5. BobH.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Terrible.
  6. markc.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Come on ONE bionic arm and only ONE leg, do we need a bake sale to complete the job.
  7. WestonT.
    Oct 6, 2007
    While it has all the trappings of an Alias/Dark Angel clone, the second episode really brought it home: This is an incredibly hackneyed, soul-crushingly written, poorly acted piece of TV crap that apparently wasn't supposed to make it past the pilot. The characters do not engage (not even Corvus,) the plot, as it were, does not even attempt an effort at believability, and the special While it has all the trappings of an Alias/Dark Angel clone, the second episode really brought it home: This is an incredibly hackneyed, soul-crushingly written, poorly acted piece of TV crap that apparently wasn't supposed to make it past the pilot. The characters do not engage (not even Corvus,) the plot, as it were, does not even attempt an effort at believability, and the special effects aren't just bad... they make one wonder if they actually have a budget for them. My wife was a big fan as a kid of the original series, but I'll be sitting out any further viewings, thanks. Collapse
  8. JoeT.
    Sep 27, 2007
    The characters are non-descript and forgettable, but I did stick with the first episode until she becomes 'bionic'... but yeah... The pilot episode of 'Chuck' had waaay more character and promise (although I understand that show drops in quality after the first few episodes too...)
  9. Benl
    Oct 10, 2007
    The pilot of the this show got worse with every minute. Its like a corny Dark Angel. Tried to watch the second episode but gave up after about 10 minutes.
  10. SteveK.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Alias meets Heroes... except this show is terrible. A cool idea, but they managed to make it boring and utterly lifeless. I gave it a shot, wanted to like it, but it's a waste of time. And by the way, don't use a score with a saxophone during love scenes, it's very 80's.
  11. RobbieC
    Dec 6, 2007
    Horrendous.
  12. BruceH.
    Oct 6, 2007
    I grew up on the the original 6 Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, and while they were not top-grade television, this new 2007 version is a sad disappointment. A constant stream of lousy atmospheric music, ramped up bass, and over-saturated colors cannot make up for the poor acting and scripting. This show takes itself way too seriously and needs to lighten up. The props department also I grew up on the the original 6 Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, and while they were not top-grade television, this new 2007 version is a sad disappointment. A constant stream of lousy atmospheric music, ramped up bass, and over-saturated colors cannot make up for the poor acting and scripting. This show takes itself way too seriously and needs to lighten up. The props department also needs to amp up their work - at least on my HDTV, many small prop items look like styrofoam or cheap plastic. In the most recent episode, graveyard stones, wall plaques and a laughable glass "war map" looked cheap and ridiculous. Tight and shaky camera work make all the fight sequences hard to follow. The producers attempt every cheap trick in the book but this this does not make up for the fact that, at least so far, this show is weak. Expand
  13. NatalieO.
    Oct 8, 2007
    It sucks. The acting is bad. The lead is just plain blah
  14. SaraC.
    Sep 26, 2007
    I threw up after the last 10 minutes because it sucked so bad. PP wasn't even that great either but at least it was watchable. Huge Disappointment.
  15. HlenF
    Sep 26, 2007
    The second episode is the biggest television mess of the year. Please do not waste your time on this crap.
  16. KevinM
    Sep 26, 2007
    Sickens me to write about it but I will. Hiring an English women to play an American hero. Bad casting.
  17. MichaellP.
    Sep 26, 2007
    This is pretty sad. Even I feel bad giving this buzzed yet horrible show something that will bring it from a 1.1 to something lower. Oh, well, the writing was crap as was the directing but the casting of an English women (Who come on I could hear the accent from across the atlantic.) was horrible. Sorry. Next.
  18. NicoleD
    Sep 26, 2007
    Glad it wasn't a movie and I didn't pay 12.50 for it cause it sucked!
  19. DavidW
    Sep 26, 2007
    Couldn't even tell what was going on.
  20. GM
    Sep 27, 2007
    I had such expectations...none were met...this is a reallllllllyyyyyyy bad show!!!
    Oct 22, 2007
    wow! they're scrapin the bottom of the barrell....this show is proof that the writers are out of ideas.
  22. KevinL.
    Sep 26, 2007
    The pilot of this series isn't so terrible with quite an intense plotline. Its premise seems to have such a huge ground to hold but "Bionic Woman" comes very short. I don't know what to say to this because it seems like everything just falls short in so many aspects. After the second episode, this show is meant to take the nose-dive, quality wise, because it is just a huge mess The pilot of this series isn't so terrible with quite an intense plotline. Its premise seems to have such a huge ground to hold but "Bionic Woman" comes very short. I don't know what to say to this because it seems like everything just falls short in so many aspects. After the second episode, this show is meant to take the nose-dive, quality wise, because it is just a huge mess afterwards. Expand
  23. JuddR.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Eww and disgusting. This could not have been worse. Wait it was. Directing writing and acting were horrible. And yes, the second episode went into a negative.
  24. NigelP
    Sep 26, 2007
    Kill me now. Horrible show. I was the biggest fan of Bionic Women but please,just kill me now!
  25. SaoriseC
    Sep 26, 2007
    Shoot me. I couldn't have predicted a more horrible looking (could you even see anything or anyone?) Plus the FX were horrible.
  26. PaulG
    Sep 26, 2007
    Worse than Private Practice. Disguisting. I could hear Michelle Ryan's accent to perfection, but she is pretty to look at.
  27. RomanT.
    Sep 28, 2007
    What an incoherent mess. Lurching between two primary moods - murky and vague - there's far too little bionic thrills and far too much achingly-serious, self-important bluster.

Dim. Ryan is not to blame. Jaime, rebuilt after a horrific car accident, must live in a grim, punishing world and associate with joyless characters. Speedy Jaime can't outrun this train wreck.
  2. There's a distinct "Alias" overtone to her initiation into the dark side of the force. If I'd liked "Alias," this might have me all excited. But I didn't, so I'm not.
  3. Under Michael Dinner's steady directorial hand, it's dark, tense and conspiratorial, a far cry from the camp sci-fi tricks of its predecessor.